Unwanted automatic attachment

Hello.  I'm using Outlook 2002.  Lately, whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook
automatically attaches copies of the .gif bullet points included in my
stationary ("Modular").  The bullet points don't show up in the "Attachments"
line of the message before its sent, so I can't delete them.  They only show
up if I send the message to myself, or if someone replies to my message.
I've deleted the bullet points from the Word clipart files, but they still
show up.  I've also changed my signature, after seeing posted advice
concerning the automatic attachment of "V Cards" but this didn't help.
0
Deacon333 (1)

"Deacon333" <Deacon333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  I'm using Outlook 2002.  Lately, whenever I send an e-mail,
> Outlook
> automatically attaches copies of the .gif bullet points included in my
> stationary ("Modular").  The bullet points don't show up in the
> "Attachments"
> line of the message before its sent, so I can't delete them.  They only
> show
> up if I send the message to myself, or if someone replies to my message.
> I've deleted the bullet points from the Word clipart files, but they still
> show up.  I've also changed my signature, after seeing posted advice
> concerning the automatic attachment of "V Cards" but this didn't help.

Do everyone a favour and send as plain text.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

0
John
2/11/2006 8:27:05 AM
"Deacon333" <Deacon333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  I'm using Outlook 2002.  Lately, whenever I send an e-mail,
> Outlook
> automatically attaches copies of the .gif bullet points included in my
> stationary ("Modular").  The bullet points don't show up in the
> "Attachments"
> line of the message before its sent, so I can't delete them.  They only
> show
> up if I send the message to myself, or if someone replies to my message.
> I've deleted the bullet points from the Word clipart files, but they still
> show up.  I've also changed my signature, after seeing posted advice
> concerning the automatic attachment of "V Cards" but this didn't help.

Images (.gif & .jpg) in an e-mail must be linked to an image on a web server
to be viewed by the recipient.

0
Chuck

Attached Word Documents
I have a computer running Outlook 97. When the user send an attached Word 97 document, the document loses it's font when the receiver opens the file. Any ideas? Suggest you read about templates in Word "help" file. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Glenn Jones wrote: > I have a computer running Outlook 97. When the user send > an attached Word 97 document, the document loses it's font > when the receiver opens the file. > > Any ideas? ...

Sending attachments #9
I have a problem sending attachments through outlook. I can send emails ok as long as it does not have a file with it. It just displays item not sent. Any idea's?? ...

Reply Message Has Paperclip But I Sent No Attachment
Today I sent an e-mail to Couric and Co. I received a response very quickly, which surpised me as I had e-mailed beffore and never heard. So I responded back and thanked them for prompt response and commented aboutt alack of response earlier. Responder said that my e-mails come in with a paperclip and they normally delete those automatically, but he was bored today. Can't blame them for that. I sorted my inbox (Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server) by clicking on the paperclip. I found his reply and one other e-mail showing a paperclip. No attachments though on either. Is this something w...

Automatic Charts in Excel
Hello !!! I have an external program that generates data files in CSV format Column A contains my data and Column E contain time of day values i 24hr:min:sec format (22:12:30) The CSV gets updated every 10 second and no 2 rows have the same time value. After the CSV is closed I nee to do the following... Open a worksheet (excel 2000) with a macro already loaded. Run the macro which prompts the user to load a CSV file. Search column E for the time value 22:00:00 If not found then select E1 Search column E for the time value 04:00:00 If not found select the last cell in column E Create a range...

CEditCtrl with automatic line feed
Hello NG, I hope someone can help. I already have been searching in the web but without success. I use a CEditCtrl, in which one can input several lines. When the input reaches the border, I want the text to "jump" into the next line, so that the user is not supposed to scroll (like here in my mail editor e.g.). Do you know if such a EditCtrl exists or how I can do it? Thanks in advance Guido "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:eZcKcnTbHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello NG, > > I hope someone can help. I already have been se...

automatically assign value to query
Hello, Ive got a database where staff login just using their name, and the login button has a macro assigned as follows Condition : Not IsNull([cboCurrentEmployee]) Action : SetTempVar Arguments : CurrentUserID, [cboCurrentEmployee] Certain contacts in my database are assigned to a member of staff and call sheets are set up using a query that requests that member of staffs name. Is there a way of automatically setting the criteria of the query to only show clients that are assigned to the member of staff that has logged in? Thanks, please let me know if i need to explain th...

email in queue duplicate itself automatically
I set a queue in the crm with an CRMEmailEnabled mailbox. When a message come in the queue, this message will duplicate itself in the CRM queue every 4 minutes and every 27 minutes. Did someone experience the same problem ? -- Christophe Hi Christophe I had a similar problem and it was caused by a problem with the mail box for the disabled user, this caused e mails to be resent and thus multi copies to appear. The dealys in the copies was cuaed by the re try timeouts on the mail routers. I hope this helps Biffio "cla" wrote: > I set a queue in the crm with an CRMEmail...

Without attachments
I am trying to construct a message that lists the results of a query along with a standard message line. I could just send the results from the query as a report attachment, however, I am trying to avoid sending attachments. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is surely appreciated The email would look similar to this: To: name Subject: results Body: Here is the results: <query results pasted here> Stacy, you will need to OpenRecordset, loop through the records, and concatenate the values into a string to use as the message text for SendObject. If you need an example o...

Outlook 2003 starts automatically although not in startup folder
Running XP home, with Office 2003. When starting my laptop, Outlook 2003 starts even though it is not in the Startup folder or in the startup tab from msconfig. Why does it startup? I don't want it to startup automatically. I cannot find any reference to this and have not received any replys from any MS guru. Please help. Charles Chuck <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running XP home, with Office 2003. When starting my > laptop, Outlook 2003 starts even though it is not in the > Startup folder or in the startup tab from msconfig. Why > does ...

automatically insert system time in a cell
I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have the system time inserted in a cell if the previous cell is blank. I have tried several things and have not had any joy. Any help offered would be welcome. You can use the select_change event on your sheet capture when a differenet cell has been selected. Keeping track of prior cell entries can be tracked with a phantom sheet to store prior values, if the prior value was null, then you can send the following command activecell.value = now http://ForPicks.com "PM" wrote: > I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have...

Automatic updates
I cant get automatic updates to run. My operating system is windows xp and i have gone through the process that the microsoft web page advised. The error number is as follows 0x80245003. Can anyone help me? thanks -- kevin This community is for Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly known as Great Plains) issues, not Windows issues. -- Charles Allen, MVP "kevin lunney" wrote: > I cant get automatic updates to run. > My operating system is windows xp and i have gone through the process that > the microsoft web page advised. The error number is as follows 0x80245003. &g...

unable to open attachments
Hello there, I have outlook express 6 and in this time i am unable to open attachments, i have see them transparent but cannot saven them, anyone knows why? Danny Jeroen van vliet bashed at the keyboard and said : > Hello there, > > I have outlook express 6 and in this time i am unable to open > attachments, i have see them transparent but cannot saven them, > anyone knows why? > > Danny After you install Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP SP1 (both of which include Outlook Express 6 SP1), access to some of your e-mail attachments in Outlook E...

Can I change Outlook 2000 default attachment folder?
When I create new mail and click attachment button, it will default go to My Document folder. Can I change to something like D:\. It is easy to change on Excel or Word but I don't know whow to change in Outlook 2000. Please help, thanks a lot. Regards, Amon Outlook doesn't support custom locations. You can add your location to the places bar - http://www.poremsky.com/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & ...

send automatic information to my table on the second sql server 2005
Hello Team There is a table on my first sql server 2005 , we enter many information to this table. Also there is same table on my second sql server 2005. I want to send information to my second sql server everyday. Thanks for Help lassaad (u58596@uwe) writes: > There is a table on my first sql server 2005 , we enter many > information to this table. Also there is same table on my second sql > server 2005. I want to send information to my second sql server > everyday. There is far too little information to give any good answer. If you want to replicate the ...

Automatic Registration Button Problems
I am using the code below for a button in a form. It searches the Leaders table to find all leaders who are directors. Then registers all of these leaders for whichever event the button is in. However, when I press the button, it does something that I don't understand. Right now I have two events in my test database that I could register for. Both of them have about 12 people registered for them. I typed each of these registrants in. When I create a third event to test my new nifty button, it seems like it takes the first two events and doubles their registrations and register no on...

How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet?
I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic links so that I can delete them? Tobias wrote: > I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At > least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I > have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update th...

Uncheck the "automatically use previewer" in OL 2007
How do I "uncheck" the box in the Outlook 2007 preview window? I checked it and now (as expected) when I click on an attachment it immediately shows the attachment instead of the "preview" button. I want the button back because it is too slow for every attachment to preview and sometimes I accidentally single click instead of double click. I couldn't find anything useful in the help - just how to totally disable the feature, which I don't want tot do. -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Please do *NO...

Automatic update installed, but where is it?
Thank you Microsoft for installing the occasional updates to my Windows XP but I'll be more thankful if they also explain how to use what they have already installed. They installed on my machine something called: *Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool* which made me vary happy as my Symantec AV found few things it has quarantined but it says it can't remove them and I was hoping the Microsoft tool can remove them. So I am looking for this Microsoft removal tool that was supposedly installed on my machine but I don't know where they put it ! Does any one know...

How to get info filled in automatically
I make a roster for my work with multiple items for each person. An example of what I am looking to do: In cell A1, I have a drop down menu with all employee's names. Cell B1 is for their ID number and cell C1 is for their radio ID #. I wanted to see if their was a way for when I select a name in the drop down menu of A1 for B1 and C1 to automatically fill with that employees' respective ID numbers? Hi Let's say you have a list of employees with their relevant numbers on Sheet2 in cells A2:Cxxx With your dropdown list in cell A2 of Sheet1, enter the followin...

Poor usenet attachment handling in Live Mail
I still have WindowsXP SP3 on my home computer and used Outlook Express for until Microsoft forced my hand by changing Hotmail to make it incompatible with OE. I now have OE and Windows Live Mail using Live Mail purely for my Hotmail mail. I frequent binary picture newsgroup to see the images posted and OE couldn't decode binaries posted in Yenc format ( .jpg binaries ) and it's handling of non Yenc encoded multi-part attachments was crude if possible at all. When trying those groups in Windows Live Mail, it is no better at this than OE. I don't know is a con...

Removed/blocked attachments
When Outlook blocks access to an attachment, is it possible to access these files another way? Win2k3, Exch2k3, Outlook2k3 See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829982 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Eirik" <bla@bla.bla> wrote in message news:O3$4DljoEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > When Outlook blocks access to an attachment, is it possible to access these > files another way? > Win2k3, Exch2k3, Outlook2k3 > > via OWA "Eirik" <bla@bla.bla> wrote in message news:O3$4...

automatic makefile generation
Is there any support for automatic makefile generation for vs.net projects ? Apart from makefile projects which is of no use. Ashish Hello Ashish, Thanks for posting in the group. The Export Makefile option was removed in VS.NET because of problems people had it making this very simple function work correctly. (The problems related to the handling of the Tools|Options|Directories settings for include path and library path - those settings weren't included in the exported makefile, so the makefile would only work correctly with a correctly configured command-line build environment....

outlook attachments #16
Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? kalendesh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can > get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if > they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? Install Slovak's Attachment Options: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Consider subscribing to Woody's Office Watch (free) http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/index...

Open Add-In (.xla) workbook as Read Only automatically
I have an Add_In workbook that is refrenced by another workbook (MyWorkbook.xls). When users open MyWorkbook that Add-In opens hidden behind the scenes. I'd like to have the Add-In automatically open as Read Only instead of being prompted for a password or click Read Only, is this possible? Currently, the user has to click Read Only because I have it saved as needing a password to modify. Thanks In Advance!! -- Cheers, Ryan Instead of a password to modify, why not set the file's properties to read-only in Windows Explorer (select the file >> right-click &g...

how do i add in numbers automatically based on adjacent cells cont
I'm trying to automatically enter data into multiple cells based on one cells data. For instance if a cell in column A = 1 then the adjacent cells in columns B, C and D will all have specific values which will be true for a value of 1 in column A. If the value in the cell in column A = 2 then the adjacent cells in columns B, C and D will have another set of specific values which will be true for a value of 2 in column A and so on. I think lookup tables is possibly the answer but the help isn't much good and I am struggling! In an out--the-way location, create a datalist tha...