Unremovable Duplicate Personal & Archive Folders

I have two Archive Folders and two Personal Folders
showing in the folders list of Outlook 2001.
I have uninstalled Office Outlook twice, gone to RegEdit
to remove any stray Outlook registries and reinstalled
Office Outlook. I still have duplicate folders along with
all my original folders. I have tried the procedures
recommended in MS FAQ but a message comes up sasying I
cannot "Close the folders" because an "OBJECT" cannot be
found. I have also tried renaming the folders but am not
allowed to do so. I have backed up all folders in a .pst
file so all I want to do is get to a clean OUTLOOK
installation so I can import all of my folders from
the .pst file. Any help would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

George Chenarides <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have two Archive Folders and two Personal Folders
> showing in the folders list of Outlook 2001.

There is no such product as Outlook 2001.  What are you really using?

> I have backed up all folders in a .pst
> file

This doesn't make sense, since your folders are _already_ in a PST.  How did
your "back them up"?

> so all I want to do is get to a clean OUTLOOK
> installation so I can import all of my folders from
> the .pst file.

Never import a PST, if you can avoid it.  Use File>Open instead.

Have you tried creating a new mail profile?  (Control Panel>Mail>Show
Profiles>New)
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/27/2004 5:40:54 PM
Yes, there is an Outlook 2001 - it is the Mac Exchange client.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brian Tillman
asked:

| George Chenarides <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
|
|| I have two Archive Folders and two Personal Folders
|| showing in the folders list of Outlook 2001.
|
| There is no such product as Outlook 2001.  What are you really using?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
8/27/2004 7:41:29 PM
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote:

> Yes, there is an Outlook 2001 - it is the Mac Exchange client.

Just a minute...  <blink><blink>   There.  I think I've removed my
PC-colored glasses now.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/30/2004 5:01:48 PM
::::giggle::::

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brian Tillman
asked:

| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote:
|
|| Yes, there is an Outlook 2001 - it is the Mac Exchange client.
|
| Just a minute...  <blink><blink>   There.  I think I've removed my
| PC-colored glasses now.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

archive
how do I access an achived file that I burned to a CDR? it says that it may be a write protected file, or a read only file. any suggestions? vj One answer per post per subject per poster, please. "vj" <djvjgray@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:07e801c34187$b68efb40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > how do I access an achived file that I burned to a CDR? > it says that it may be a write protected file, or a read > only file. > > any suggestions? > > vj ...

Sent Items Folder #4
Just recently I have noticed that a couple of users are not getting their sent email to default to their 'Sent Items' folder. We have an Exchange 2000 Server running with a mixture of Outlook 2000 and 2003 clients. One of the problems is from a 2K client and then another one with 2003??? It is hit and miss....one time it saves to their folder, the next it will not. I am aware, and have checked, the 'Save Forwarded Messages' checkbox and it is checked (as I am not sure if they were forwarding messages that did not appear in their Sent Items folder). Has anyone heard of this...

add personal template to the insert worksheet dialog box
In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created. Create the template then store it in this folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 which is the Spreadsheet Solutions folder. Or in General Folder C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Gord Dibben MS Exc...

delete email directly from Unread Folder
Deleting email from Outlook 2007 is random. 2003 version could delete any email in this Folder, while 2007 capability appears random. Any ideas?? it should delete it just as it did in Outlook 2003. Try deleting the folder and restoring it (right click on the search folder and choose new.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto...

Two versions of "personal folders"
I seem to have two versions of "personal folders" in my Outlook 2003. Only one of them is used really, I think the other must have been created during a backup from file or something. Can I merge them together somehow? I tried to copy the unused one into the other, but it claims that special folders can't be moved. They each point to a different data file, the second one pointing to my backup. The weird thing is that as far as I can tell, everything from backup went into the "main" personal folder too; I had no files or folders at all before backup. Thanks for any help...

Save in different folder
I want to save a workbook in a different folder. The folder already exists, and I want to use the same file name. What is correct code to do this? Try code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim NewPath As String NewPath = "D:\Temp\" & ThisWorkbook.Name ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NewPath End Sub Change the "D:\Temp\" to the full folder path to which you want to save the file. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Sat, 22 May 2010 13:2...

make a duplicate table in access and save changes
I have a table that gives the rates of Dearness Allowance.These rates are given for different periods in percentages. ex: 01-01-2009 to 30-06-2009 37% 01-07-2009 to 30-11-2009 45% etc.. This is the default table and is applicable to almost 95% to 97% of employees. I want to make a duplicate of this table and display it in an unbound subform ( which is a continuous form). If the user makes any changes in it, it is then clear that Default rates are not applicable to him. Then, i want to store the data in a new table tblDeviations where i will store the EmployeeId also ...

Bad Mail & Good Mail Folder
I have a workstation running XP with Outlook 2000. A few days ago the message in the inbox disappeared and two new folder appeared under the inbox. They are "Good Mail" and "Bad Mail". Can someone tell me what program adds these two folders to Outlook. By-the-way, we connect to an Exchange 2000 server. Thanks, Matt L. Sounds like an antispam application of some sort - no idea which. Did you install one? Did your network admins install one? They're the ones I'd ask first. Matt L. wrote: > I have a workstation running XP with Outlook 2000. A few > ...

copy file from shared folder
How can I copy file from windows share folder on the network without domain controler programmatically? I have userID and password. Thanks, Volodia. CopyFile(Ex)() file from connected with WNetAddConnection(2/3) directory Arkady "Volodia" <GroundSoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#S0suSmUDHA.964@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I copy file from windows share folder on the > network without domain controler programmatically? > I have userID and password. > > Thanks, > > Volodia. > > ...

Shortcuts to Public Folders in Outlook
Hi all, We have a user who creates a shortcut in Outlook to a public folder. When he enters an appointment into the caldendar from the shortcut, the appointment is not repliacted to the actual public folder. Also, when he enters an appointment in the public folder, it is not repliacted to his shortcut. Any ideas? Outlook version is: Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.7308) Windows version is: Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in Advance NapaTim wrote: > Hi all, > > We have a user who creates a shortcut in Outlook to a public folder. > When he enters an appointment into the calden...

Workbook duplication
How do I duplicate a completed workbook so that I can use all formulas etc. with a differenct set of data? I have copied and pasted but I get formulas that link back to original workbook. Any help will be appreciated. Open workbook, file save as different name, Okay "Becamp11000" <becamp11000@wmconnect.com> wrote in message news:20040709161516.05811.00001451@mb-m05.wmconnect.com... : : How do I duplicate a completed workbook so that I can use all formulas etc. : with a differenct set of data? : : I have copied and pasted but I get formulas that link back to original : wor...

Exchange System Manager error
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Duplicate Range names
Suppose I have Sheet1 containing a named range, "Something". If I copy to a new sheet (Edit | Move or Copy Sheet), the new sheet also contains "Something", and I can reference either one (Sheet1.Something or Sheet2.Something). So far so good. Now, I need to programmatically create multiple sheets, each of which contains "Something". How would I define Something on each sheet? TIA, Jim With Worksheets("sheetname") .Range("A1:A10").Name = "'" & .Name & "'!Something" End With -- HTH Bob (the...

Offline Folders: Added Sub-folders are not made off-line
I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date on my laptop. I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline. However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it). Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a fix? As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new ...

Outlook Send Folder
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3196868897_5966291 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi Anyone know how to force Outlook to put sent mails into the IMAP sent folder on a server instead of the Sent Items folder under personal folders?? I am finding it pretty annoying that all sent items go into Personal Folder as if I am in a remote site on another machine I cannot track through items sent out. Cheers Steve B --B_319686889...

Personal folders was not closed properly
Hi, I get the message below periodically and was wondering if anyone else does and what the solution is. I have a 1.2 GB pst file on my local drive. "The file Personal Folers was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems. Some questions; -What version of Outlook? -Are you running any add-ins? -Is the outlook.exe process not running in Task Manager when you close Outlook -ran scanpst.exe already against it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----...

Duplicate stock
I do automatic downloads of my investment accounts... Unfortunately, I have a situation which I do not know how to resolve. I have the same stock with 2 different symbols. How can I combine these two into a single stock? In microsoft.public.money, Mike Pate wrote: >I do automatic downloads of my investment accounts... > >Unfortunately, I have a situation which I do not know how to resolve. >I have the same stock with 2 different symbols. How can I combine >these two into a single stock? Consider the method from the "What happens when a stock is renamed" recent t...

Outlook 2003 Duplicate Personal Folders
Hi, I have 2 personal folders in outlook, they are completely duplicated from one PST file. Even when sending & receiving, it checks twice. I have tried to close one, but the option is greyed out. There is only one file in the data management too. Can anyone help? Thanks Two choices: 1. Create a new profile (yours is corrupt). 2. Edit the registry to remove the duplicate (ghost) reference here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook Within the Outlook folder, there are a bunch of folders with long hexadeci...

Empty Public Folder on Schedule
Is there a way to schedule all items in a public folder be deleted once (or twice) a day? Thank you On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:08:09 -0800, "Todd" <todd@nospamit.net> wrote: >Is there a way to schedule all items in a public folder be deleted once (or >twice) a day? >Thank you > > Any reason why it wants to be done twice a day? Simply setting 1 day on the age limit will purge out on a daily basis. I'd have to dig out an answer to do this more regularly. ...

Functionality Question: Can you have two views of a folder?
We're looking a building a project/knowledge management system & are considering the options within outlook. Ideally, I'd rather have a single calendar (or other folder) which has a view of certain projects for me; other projects for my co-workers, and sub-set of both for our boss. Obviously we'll need to be *able* to see the suppressed items, but normally wont. While reading "Outlook 2000: In a nutshell" by Syroid & Leuf (O'Reilly), I'm wondering if we could have a master calendar folder, and have other folders with filters applied that show a subset o...

Archive freeze
When I try archiving my account in Money 2004 it freezes up. Any suggestions please. rsanders(delete)@psnw.com In microsoft.public.money, MountainGuy wrote: >When I try archiving my account in Money 2004 it freezes up. Any suggestions >please. Two: 1. don't archive. You cannot re-integrate archived transactions. 2. Let it run overnight. Perhaps it is just slow. Another thing to try that may not help, but will not hurt is before archiving, File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair. DO NOT ARCHIVE IN MONEY. I have almost ten years of data in my Money program and I hav...

Public Folder Replication problem between 2 servers
I'm working on this problem for a week, still couldn't resolve it.... Basically public folders between sites don't replicate. I can't see public folders which I create pf on the other server (doesn't work on both ways). Environment: We have 1 exchange organization and 2 Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard Edt. Servers. at different locations. They're connected eachother via Cisco 1721 Cisco Router and Les10. Diagonistic Logging enabled. Internal mailing works between two servers and clients. Using AdsiEdit tool, I looked at the servers if PFs have got email address enabl...

two users, one computer, shared folders??
I am trying to set up Outlook so that two different users can access the same Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc. Has anyone done this successfully? So far I have two users with two independent sets of folders, but I want the same Calendar etc. to show up for both users. thanks! What operating system and version of Outlook are you using? Do you use windows profiles or only Outlook profiles? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Sue G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Unwanted multiple calendars and folders
After I migrated to Office 2003, I've ended up with thee calendars (Calendar, Calendar in Archive and Calendar in Personal Folders) and two copies of each email account folders (including 2 Personal Folders). These are not exact copies...for example, only one of the Personal Folder emails is complete as is just one calendar (Calendar in Personal Folders). How do I get rid of the calendars and duplicate email folders I don't want without losing any mail? Also, the proper calendar is Calendar in Personal Folders but it never allows for reminders saying the event isn't in my calend...

Is "All Public Folders" necessary
Hello, I was asked if it was possible to have the public folders display directly under Public Folders in Outlook instead of them showing under All Public Folders. Is this possible? We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Thanks, Mike H. On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:45:02 -0700, Mike H <MikeH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I was asked if it was possible to have the public folders display directly >under Public Folders in Outlook instead of them showing under All Public >Folders. > >Is this possible? We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. > >Thanks, > ...