Unread search folder unavailable

Good Aftenoon,

Could anybody help tell me why in Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine
I get the following error "The Operation Failed.  An object could not
be found." when clicking on the Unread Mail search folder and also why
it is greyed out?  This also happens for the Large Mail folder, but
NOT the Categorized mail and For Follow-up Folders.

Tom
0
Gandalf252002

Can you create a new search folder with the same functions?

See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/sf.html

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Gandalf252002" <grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good Aftenoon,
>
> Could anybody help tell me why in Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine
> I get the following error "The Operation Failed.  An object could not
> be found." when clicking on the Unread Mail search folder and also why
> it is greyed out?  This also happens for the Large Mail folder, but
> NOT the Categorized mail and For Follow-up Folders.
>
> Tom

0
Ben
5/3/2010 4:19:03 AM
Hi Ben,

I could create another folder, but when I go to customize the
"Criteria" button is greyed out.

So I guess the answer to you question is no.

On Sun, 2 May 2010 18:19:03 -1000, "Ben M. Schorr, MVP"
<bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:

>Can you create a new search folder with the same functions?
>
>See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/sf.html
0
Gandalf252002

How to restore a public folder
Hello Friends I want a step by step from: - how to restore a public folder - How to restore a folder that is on public folder - how to restore a item from public folder Thanks a lot On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:39:12 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Friends >I want a step by step from: >- how to restore a public folder >- How to restore a folder that is on public folder >- how to restore a item from public folder > >Thanks a lot http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=recover+deleted+public+folder ...

Public Folder "Format"
Hello, I read this morning, in this article : http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html, that for a public folders to work best as a shared mailbox, it is suggested to change the "default format" of a public folder from "Post" to "Email". An MVP even provides a script to make it so. Question: Is this correct? And if so, is there some other GUI way to make this setting change instead of the script process? What are the downsides if it is not done? Do I really need to do this? Suggestions? Thanks Jim Let's put it this way. In Exchange 5.5, the def...

Unable to change smtp queue folder! urgent..if you can help please
Hi, I am unable to change the SMTP queue folder when it is running on A/P cluster MSCS. The option or browse button is grayed out when i click on SMTP Virtual server properties. I dismounted the VS as well as associated resource but still graued out. I also checked whether any option is available on the clustered resource; but in vain. any help would be appreciated on how to change SMTP VS queue path when running on MSCS thanks Did you try changing it via the second method in the article you posted? ADSIEdit? I can't change it via ESM on my cluster either. You also didn't a...

unable to remove a folder from users mailbox
Hi, One of my Exchnage 2003 users managed to create a folder that he can not remove. He is using an IMAP client. He created a subfolder in the Sent Items than he deleted it so it got moved to Trash. Now there is no way to delete it from there. The rename and delete options are unavailable. The message is that the user does not have rights or that this is a system folder (?). Even the icon is different. Normally the folders have this little envelope - the back of an envelope to be exact. This one has the front of an envelope - with the stamp and address. We tried to delete it using OWA and Ou...

mdbdata folder growing
mdbdata folder is taking up some valuable disk space on my server. Is there anyway I can reduce this by maybe backing up something or changing a log settting. folder is over 3gb. Can I remove some of the older log files to another location? circular logging is turned off is it the transaction log files? a full online backup will purge the committed ones...you're not doing this every night? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "steve tysinger" <stevetysinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85175D2E-B7F2-40F4-A944-0DCC21F63B60@microsoft.com... > mdbdat...

"Unread" posts missing
Hi there. We have recently migrated all our 5.5 Public Folders to a new exchange 2003 server. By the looks of it all went well apart from that a few of them shows less items than unread items.. 0 items 12 unread. Any advice on how to fix this would be really appreciated. Many Thanks Marcus ...

Can you password protect a folder.
Is there a way to password protect a folder instead of having to put a password on every file that is in the folder? Assuming you are running Windows NT/2K/XP OS You could ZIP the folder and its contents. You could set permissions on that folder http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418 Or you could use a third-party program. Search the 'net for that. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:57:04 -0800, Shrimp913 <Shrimp913@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to password protect a folder instead of having to put a >password on every file that is in...

searching Chinese AccountName error
hi everyone, I meet a big problem, which can not retrieve the account data when i was trying to search a customer with chinese name(one chinese character is equal to 2 bytes). The data stored in the SQL is fine, also, i have found out the chinese name will be turned into the wrong translation like '?%%%?'. another question is how the CRM system connect to the SQL data base? ...

Create a folder in Word on export
I am in the process of created several forms that will merge data to Word Templates that are legal documents. What I need to do is; 1) look in a defined folder in Word and determine if another folder exist if not create the folder and name it based on a field on the Access Form. 2) Once the folder is created save the merged.doc as a saveas naming it the same name as the template or a name from a field on the form, or if the folder in Word already exist, do a saveas to the that folder, then display the .doc for possible changes. Also if it is not obvious I’m a newbe. I know from wha...

Linking to folders
Hope someone can help. I am trying to use excel to create a shortcut to our electronically stored files. Although I can use hyperlinks to link to specific files, is it possible to open a folder through a hyperlink or macro? Files are stored on a network and not on the hard drive in case this makes a difference. Thanks Sid -- Sidnoir ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sidnoir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25916 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392893 I don't h...

Moving folder from different mailbox Outlook 2003
I have owner permission to our SalesAdmin mailbox. When I right click on a subfolder in SalesAdmin mailbox and click on Move Folder "folder name", outlook come with a message box saying: Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items. I can drag the same folder from salesadmin mailbox to my mailbox with no problem. "Denis R Charron" wrote: > I have owner permission to our SalesAdmin mailbox. When I right click on a > subfolder in SalesAdmin mailbox and click on Move Folder "folder name", > outlook come with a message box saying: Cannot...

Created searches inconsistent
Hmm still happening, anybody seen this before? Not a pc problem as we've tried on a desktop and a laptop. Tried recreating profile and still the same. Thanks Paul "Paul" <chewbacca@wookie.org> wrote in message news:%234IcFUJ%23IHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > He's searching on subject / name / address. > > It's skipping items both on his exchange mailbox and his pst file. > > Thanks > > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message > news:uDDCXoI%23IHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> Is he searching ...

Option Group /Search help
I have a seach form somewhat based on Allen Browne's search form. In the Header portion of the form I have an option group and one text box. In the Detail of the form, it will show the results. The option group has Titles as one option or Authors as another option. Depending on which option the user selects will determine how the search is performed. If the user selects Titles, types a title in the unbound text box (in the header) all titles will show up in the detail of the form. not only will the titles show, but all relavent information. (author,publisher, etc.) I can get thi...

how do I search dates using the "between and" function
I am using the between and function to display dates, it is working in the qurey design but not on the form can anyone help thanks, Ricky >>it is working in the qurey design but not on the form Explain a little more. What is it not doing in the form that you expect? Is the query the source for the form? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:56:05 -0700, rickyb <rickyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using the between and function to display dates, it is working in the >qurey design but not on the form can anyone help >...

Public folders permission
Hello all, I have one problem with Exchange in SBS 2003, i create distribution group with a users set it on folder in public folder but the group does not working, when i set user direct permission it works, it seems that group security does not working. SBS 2003 SP1 EXCHANGE 2003 SP2 Regards Dalibor Sinik ...

how to restore an accidentally deleted public folder
Hi, I need to restore a public folder on my Win2k3/Exch2k3 that was accidentally deleted and cannot be restored from Deleted Items. The server is also a Domain Controller. Is my only option to rebuild the server on another machine using the same name as the original server (and so requiring the recovery server to be disconnected from the network) and to run a restore? Or are there other options available to me to do this more quickly? Exchange is backed up every night with normal backups being made every 2 weeks and differential backups every evening. Before I embark on a lengthy server ...

Can't remove Public Folders from Front-End server
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 using a front-end/back-end topology. There are two FE servers (FE1 & FE2). My goal is to remove both public folder stores from FE1 & FE2, and leave the a store on the backend cluster. The public folder store has already been removed from FE1, but I can not remove all of the public folder instances from FE2. When I look under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folders, that container is empty. However, under FE2 -> Public Folder Store -> Public Folder Instances, there are two replicas that I can not get rid of: Offline Addres...

Outlook 2007 and Search!! Urgent
Hi All I have Windows Vista Business Edition and Office 2007 Ultimate edition. When working with Outlook, things were going fine till I lost the search ability for a reason. I had restore the idexes to default and then rebuild it. Now when I search for something in OutlooK, I get no results although I am sure that there should be. Any advice? Regards did it rebuild the indexes? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Instant Search
Is there a way to keep the instant search in the toolbar in outlook? You probably know your Outlook version. We don't. Most have it there by default. Why doesn't yours? -- Russ Valentine "rdquick" <rdquick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C52D2CE5-C2B6-4DFB-A55D-BB83EA31FD23@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to keep the instant search in the toolbar in outlook? ...

owner of public folders
Hello! We have an Ex5.5-SRV -as a public folder SRV- with 2.000 public folders on it! Problem: Who created the folder XYZ? Good question? Let's say the "owner" of the publich folder xyz is the person, who we are looking for. Question: Has Microsoft any tools to search all of them and create a list with the name of the folder and the name of the "owner"? I know about 3rd-party tools, but they are not for free :-) Thanks! Best Regards Soheil pfinfo, pfdavadmin are Microsoft tools. On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:52:05 -0700, Soheil <Soheil@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Import OE 5 mail folders & msgs to new pc with OE 6
The solution below didn't work for me from Tom's site. has good info but didn't work. Can some one please help... I did everything here 3 times. my files are in .dbx format "How do I import OE5 and OE6 mail folders?" Importing from a CDRW or Zip disk OE must have write-access to any *.dbx files you want to import. You must therefore copy the files to your hard disk and then turn off the Read-Only attribute. In Explorer, select all the files, then right-click on any one and select Properties. You can then uncheck the Read- Only box. Or at a DOS prompt, enter this: ...

Import Folder Search Results in a spreadsheet?
Anyone know if it is possible to "import" the results of a files and folders search into a sporeadsheet? Not the actual files and folders, or course, but the filename text, location text and date... Mark B, Maybe this ... http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y49E21ECA Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Mark B" <MarkB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:498B7867-9CC4-4838-9DD0-6E5845787E17@microsoft.com... > Anyone know if it is possible to "import" the results of a files and folders > search into a sporeadsheet? > > Not the actual fil...

outlook 2010 search broken
My search no longer retrieves anything in outlook 2010. It doesn't matter if I am searching email or contacts. Any ideas? The only way I can find a contact is to use filter and narrow it down. did you try rebuilding the index? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Contacts in public folders?
Hello, Clearly I don't know much about exchange. All I want to do is add a contacts folder to public folders so everyone can see it. When I add a folder I don't seem to find and option saying 'this folder is a contacts folder/calender etc'. What am I missing? I'm using Exchange 2003. Thanks, Bob On 17 Feb 2005 04:23:08 -0800, bob_jeffcoat@hotmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >Clearly I don't know much about exchange. All I want to do is add a >contacts folder to public folders so everyone can see it. When I add a >folder I don't seem to find and o...

Exporting public folders in outlook
If I attempt to export a folder under Public Folders as anything other than .pst (excel or csv, for example), it will not even give me that option (it will only list the local outlook folder list under the 'select a folder to export from:'). Does anyone know the reason for this? Is it just not doable or is there another method? Thanks, in advance, for the help. Is this folder in your Public Folder Favorites? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my pers...