Unread messages don't exist - can't be deleted etc!

My Outlook 2003 Unread Messages folder states that I have 11 unread
messages in my inbox. I select the Inbox folder from the Unread
Messages folder and right click and choose Mark Messages as Read. I'm
then presented withe the following info:

Cannot mark the items read or unread. The most likely reasons are:
You don't have permissions to modify the items
etc etc

If I hi-light one of the messages and choose delete, I get the
following:

The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted,
or access was denied.

I cannot read the message either.

I have run scanpst on the outlook.pst folder without any problems.

I haven't moved my pst file or any of the other files!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards

John
0
john7118 (36)

Form Combo Box Causes Query Error Message
Using Access 2007, I created two similar combo boxes, using the control wizard for each form, in design view, one for each of two separate databases. For one database it presents no problem at all. But for the other, when I create a query, initially the query displays during the creation process. However, every time I try to re-open the query, it re-opens and displays the correct data, BUT only after I close an error message box that always pops up. The error message says: "An invalid condition was encountered by Access due to a value that you entered for a field or table prope...

How do I set up an email alert on a second existing account?
I am using outlook for work email in my name and receive the pop up alerts but i also receive email from a mail box account that i would like to set an alert on. The more i read in the help section the more confused i am! Can anyone help? Alerts only work with the default account. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, WILDCHILD asked: | I am using outlook for work email in my name and r...

Members deleted from distribution Group
Hello, I have a mixed mode enviroment. NT 4.0 SP6a with Exchange 5.5 and W2K SP4 with Exchange 2000. All of the mailboxes are hosted on the Exchange 2000 box but the 5.5 needs to be kept because it is the smtp gateway. When I create accounts or distribution groups I create them on the 5.5 server first. As for the distribution groups they are replicated over to the Exchange 2000 server as Universal groups. Lately one distribution group has been losing 2 members. The last 2 members that were added to the group keep disappearing from time to time with no errors. Any ideas? Thanks....

Delete Queries using Unmatched Query
Reading many helpful responses on this site, but unfortunately none of them seem to remedy my current issue. Just learning Access, took a quick college prep course, got the basics. Now I am expanding freelance. SO the scenarios is my test idea that I have intent to apply on larger scale. I have a database with 15 records... lets say reservations (tbl_reservations) for a hotel. Used a maketable to copy that table because it gets updated often to cancelled or complete status. So I filter out the 9 of those 15 reservations which are still in pending status and make the new table (tbl...

how to accomplish "do not download message from server" ?
as an action of a message rule in outlook 2003? It exists in OE, but I can't find anything similar in Outlook. Vex <tempo3@email.t-com.hr> wrote: > as an action of a message rule in outlook 2003? > > It exists in OE, but I can't find anything similar in Outlook. Outlook doesn't have that feature. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OnE0vCoOIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Vex <tempo3@email.t-com.hr> wrote: > >> as an action of a message rule in outlook 2003? >&...

delete files
I want to be able to look at office files (as in My Computer, Explore on my pc) so I can move files around, delete them, etc. Using Find doesn't accomplish this easily. On 10/20/04 4:43 PM, "gramjg" wrote: > I want to be able to look at office files (as in My Computer, Explore > on my pc) so I can move files around, delete them, etc. Using Find > doesn't accomplish this easily. You just recently switched to a Mac? On a Mac, Finder is the equivalent of Windows Explorer. Find File is the program that searches the hard drive. Usually I sort files by opening up ...

Existing Gift Card Use?
I have generic plastic gift cards that use magnetic strips. They were purchased a while back to use with our current processor. I would like to continue to use these and integrate and manage them via RMS. There are all serialized. I've heard of problems with the mag strips in RMS. something about terminal characters. Is there a way I can use these cards? Maybe by programing the MSR or something? I would hate to have to buy new cards that use barcodes to get around this. Derek, Go into Notepad and swipe a card. If it enters just a serial number, then you can use it. If it has mor...

Sending/receiving message size limits
Hi, W2K3 domain with Exchange 2003. I was wondering what would happen if I configure a larger maximium message size on a specific smtp connector then is configured in the Global settings. For example in the global settings 10000KB sending receiving. On the SMTP connector 20000KB. Any idea's? Thanks Best, Glenn ...

Incoming Emails Freeze on Second Message
This is the second time in a month that I have 20 or more emails to receive and the system stops on the second one. I can see #3 thru the end on Charter.net but continue to receive the first message and the "freeze" on Windows Mail. Error message says "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds....". Charter says it is a Microsoft or Compaq problem. Resolved itself in less than 24 hours last time. Now going on third day. Thanks! Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

I have a e-mail in my delete file that will not deleate.
I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove the e-mail I get a message to go to an in box repair tool, with a scanpst.exe. Nothing appears when I type in scanpst.exe and this e-mail I cannot move the e-mail it is frozen Search, to include hidden files for scanpst.exe. You dont run scanpst.exe from within outlook "roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBD25472-D780-4E95-9F7C-1F69E01FE913@microsoft.com... >I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove > the e-mail I get a m...

Can't delete deposit from budget
I deleted a paycheck from my bill & deposits. The deposit still shows up when I run budget reports for the months originally covered by the deleted deposit (no future months). When I look at the calander tab within Bills & deposits it still shows up but with a line through it. I just want to remove it entirely from my budget. Any thoughts?? Thanks ...

Leave Certain Mail Messages on POP Server
Is it possible via an Outlook Visual Basic plugin to alter Outlook to leave certain messages on a POP server, but download all the rest? (E.G. Based on subject or header information) If so, does anyone know of any resources that would get me started in implementing this? Thanks. ...

Outlook Web
Guys - Is there any way to mark a message as "unread" again after it has been read (or previewed in the preview pane) in the Outlook web-based front-end? The equivalent in the normal product would be: Edit/Mark_as_Unread Any suggestions would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks, RGB ...

Reply to message error
Using Outlook 2003 and having a problem replying to recieved messages. I get a 550 error and the message is returned undeliverable. The addresses are valid, and I can create a new message and send with no problem. Thanks... I'm not sure why replies would be a problem but new mail wouldn't, but look at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for information on the 550 error. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Can't move Junk Mail messages in Outlook 2002
When I try to turn on the junk mail filter in Outlook 2002, I get the message "Your are currentlyworking off line. To use this command you must restart outlook and choose to connect to the Exchange Server." I have no Exchange Server. This is a single installation on my home computer. Any ideas on how to solve? ...

User Account Deleted
Laptop defaults and asks for a password to a User that apparently has been deleted using computer management, but does not accept any password. I think an administrator account is still there, but I don't know what it is and or the password. Have I lost everything?....XP sp3 seems to boot up ok. See if you can boot into safe mode using the hidden administrator account then you can delete or change the password. If you cannot logon in safe mode you will need to download and create a CD to reset passwords and accounts. -- The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.ra...

Emptying deleted E-mail file
I received an obviously tainted E-mail which I deleted without opening. When I go to empty the deleted messages file, I receive the message "This program has performed an illegal operation, and will be shut down". When I restart Outlook,I can go to the deleted messages file, and delete all messages 1 by 1, except for this one message. If I attempt to delete that one message, I get shut down again. Help! ...

How do I count only if either/ or exist
I am attempting to count how many times there is a number greater than zero in either column A or column B. My goal is if A=0 and B=0, do not count. If A=0 and B=1, count. If A=1 and B=1, count only once. Thank you for any help "wildbillyd" wrote: > My goal is if A=0 and B=0, do not count. > If A=0 and B=1, count. If A=1 and B=1, > count only once. One way: =sumproduct(--((A1:A10>0)+(B1:B10>0)>0)) The "+" functions as "OR" in this context. The OR function cannot be used in this context; it will not be interpreted a...

How do I change an existing range in a pivot table?
I have new data to a worksheet and I would like the pivot table to include this data, but I guess when I first created the pivot table the range was set and now the data is outside this range. How do I change this range? Right click on the Pivot Table and choose "Wizard". Click "Back" until you can choose the range again. When you have reselected it, you can just press "Finish" -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D32D144-0701-40E4-B7B2-92EB9936EC14@microsoft.com... > I have new...

eConnect linking SOP transaction to existing PO
The current eConnect taSopToPopLink allows linking a SOP transaction to a new PO created by eConnect. It would be nice to have the option to also use this node to link the SOP order to a purchase order that already exists in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

can't insert, delete or move pictures
can't insert, delete or move pictures Sheet protected? parker wrote: > > can't insert, delete or move pictures -- Dave Peterson ...

How to show a message box ?
Hi, I would like a message box to display if the following conditions are met. Assuming column A contains codes that do not change . For example the code in column A6 is ADO and the value in G6 is less than the value in H6 which is less than the value in K6. A message box comes up with “Code ADO has reached criteria”. Being a complete newbie at VBA I would really appreciate some help. Thankyou. Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet tab and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to the right blank portio...

Help getting VBA to display a message
I would like the following code to display a message to the user if the click on the chart when no �End Flag� entries are FALSE. (I assume thi would be keyed to the "On Error" statement?) Private Sub Chart_Activate() Sheets("AgingPT").PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotCache.Refresh On Error Resume Next Sheets("AgingPT").PivotTables("PivotTable3"). _ PivotFields("End Flag").CurrentPage = "FALSE" End Sub Can you help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Update ui message won't work with toolbar
Hi, in an addin dll I create a CFrameWnd by my own instead by the application framework. Everything works fine except that the toolbar doesn't get the update ui message (I think so). This means that the menu entries are enabled/disabled for existing/ non existing message handlers. But the button of the toolbar with the same message IDs are not. In the MSDN i can't find anything about this problem. Thanks in advance Martin Horst Well, you have already said that you enjoy being miserable, like wasting time, and like doing things the hard way. WHY would you create a CFrameWnd on you...