unread message on XP login screen

I recently upgraded to Office 2003.  I frequently get
messages on my Windows XP login screen that state one of
the users has 1 or more unread messages.  Yet when we
open Outlook there are none.  There aren't any in the
unopened folder, there aren't any in the inbox, there
aren't any in any folders.  I've even checked outlook
express which we never use.  I have cleared my box and
yet the message is still there.  The only way to remove
this message is to use the XP restore feature and restore
Windows to a previous date (prior to when it first
started).  Then after a few days it comes back.  My
computer is a Dell XPS 3.0 and less than a month old.
Also this has happened on my other Dell, so it is not
computer-specific.  Anyone know how to remove this
feature or at least make it read correctly?
0
anonymous (74722)

Bob S <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Office 2003.  I frequently get
> messages on my Windows XP login screen that state one of
> the users has 1 or more unread messages.
....snip...
>Anyone know how to remove this
>feature or at least make it read correctly?

This is really a Windows question.  Outlook does not set that number.  I
don't know about Outlook 2003, but as of November 22, 2003, only Outlook
Express and Windows Messenger set that number.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148 for how to disable it.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

hq data upload error message
I have been encountering the following message when the stores are connecting to HQ. Worksheet 401. What does this mean and how can it be fixed? <<ExecuteCommand>> Error –214727900: Cannot alter the table ‘Item Dynamic’ because it is being published for replication. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C6D3F8.F7177E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Debby, Try re-indexing and run a database check on both ends. Backup First!! Also, double check that you are running the same...

problems with message to send via Outlook
Hello, I can not send any e-mail via Outlook - there is an errror 0x800ccc0e. I switched off firewall and antivirus program and there was no change.. I had also called to my local admin but he said I had open port number 25 and there is no technical problem on their side. Can anybody help me? greetings, Hubert http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191687 "jogin" <jogin@interia.pl> wrote in message news:1166143330.144801.33510@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I can not send any e-mail via Outlook - there is an errror 0x800ccc0e. > > I switched off firewa...

Outlook interop to 2003 and XP
Is the Primary Interop Assemblies available for 2003 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3c9a983a-ac14-4125-8ba0-d36d67e0f4ad&displaylang=en) backward compatible with Outlook XP? I would like the ability to have my code work for both 2003 and XP. No. There are separate PIAs available for download.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Peter Theill" <theill@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:111...

Imap message Corruption on slow/inconsistent internet
I frequently work overseas and the internet connections are sketchy at best. When I have particularly slow and unreliable access - sometimes internet completely goes out for 3 - 5 seconds - Imap messages begin to be corrupted. I have seen this many times where one message title is applied to all messages downloading in IMAP. I get 5 messages with the same title and time and date, while the content is the content of the respective messages - just the title and header information is screwed up. I have also frequently run into problems where Outlook IMAP access meshes two or more emails ...

deleting unread mails
how can i delete unwanted and unread mails from my inbox without openin them using MS Outlook? thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure the Preview Pane/Reading Pane is disabled, then simply delete or shift-delete the items (don't double-click them or they will open). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In n...

can't logon to XP Pro
My computer had a malware attack. About 15 viruses and worms all at once as my nephew tried to install something he downloaded from a usenet newsgroup. A package of 15 viruses and worms etc. Anyway I have managed to remove all the malware via Windows Live OneCare, SpyBot SD, and Eset. However now at Windows log on I get "Administrator" and on the bottom left it gives the Turn Off Computer option and on the bottom right it says "After you log on, you can add or change accounts. Just go to Control Panel and click User Accounts." I click Administrator and ...

Word editor hangs Outlook in Office XP SP3
User has Outlook hang when opening new message or on a reply or forward. I unchecked the option "Use MS Word to edit email messages" under Tools | Options and the Mail Format tab, and the problem was solved. The only article of any help I could find in MS KB was 824934. Since I already have SP3 installed, it detected this patch already inplace. I found two other KB articles relating to this issue with no answers to the problem, 289982 and 278214. Anyone come across before? Thanks, Ryan On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:43:41 -0700, "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

I wish to read a xls file (spreadsheet) with XP home.What to do?
My kids prefer to have XP home but i have been sent a spreadsheet that is a xls file extension and unfortunately i cant get access to it. Can i download a programme that allows me to open this file.Thanking anyone who can help. you can download an excel viewer here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=en -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "T...

Forwarded messages overlayed
When I reveive a message (HTMLformat) and either Forward or Reply to the message, people that receive my message say that any text I typed is overlayed by the message I'm forwarding. The e-mail options I have selected for forwards & replies are "Include the orginal message." What can I do to prevent this. This happen when my mail format is set to Plain text, Rich text or HTML. Thanks for your help Mike ...

rede xp reconhece placa mas nao obtem ip
reconhece placa de rede mas nao consegue ligar a rede com ip fixo se fizer ping da me um erro:2 tentei usar o ping 127.0.0.0 mais aparece um código de erro numero 2 ...

reply: original messages partially lost
--------------6B1BC21132B357D6CD2D3DBA Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sequence of events: I send a msg to correspondant. Correspondant replies I get reply. It contains both her msg and my original message. I press reply. The msg displayed for me to reply contains my original message, but NOT Correspondant's reply. What is happenning and how can be fixed? Leo --------------6B1BC21132B357D6CD2D3DBA Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en&quo...

Lost messages in Outlook Express 6.0
I operate XP pro and when I downloaded a program today it reconfigured my accessibilty to require a login from the main user. I previously require this and opened up directly to the Welcome window. I also found that all my messages received and sent in Outlook Express are missing. is there some way I can recover these? Try posting this in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook from the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also find some good assistance here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com ...

When I try to save a workbook, I get the message "document has no.
has no what???? Post your question in the body not the subject. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

Resending a message
I suspect this is a common question and sorry if it's a repeat. I'm trying to resend a message that didn't go through properly. Without just forwarding it, is there a way to do it? Help tells me to use "resend" in the Actions list but there isn't any such action available. Suggestions? I'm using Outlook 2002 on XP. Please reply here or send email to anne_spa(removethis) @yahoo.com.au Anne Have you opened the message? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name h...

How do I segregate cc and "to" messages in Outlook?
Need to separate messages I am copied on with messages sent directly to me. frandan wrote: > Need to separate messages I am copied on with messages sent directly to me. Logically there is no difference between the To and Cc headers. Either can be used to specify the recipients. Neither of them are used to actually specify the recipient to the mail server. The To, Cc, and Bcc fields are merely presented to you for organizational purposes. Your e-mail client compiles an aggregate list of recipients from these *fields* in its UI and then sends a separate RCPT-TO command to yo...

Message Tracking enabled, but not working
Hi there, I have 1 Exchange 2k3 server which has been running for about 3 months now. I enabled message tracking on the server, and had been able to track messages no problem. However, now when doing a search for messages in the message tracking center, the results aren't accurate. It won't return all messages sent to/received from particular senders. I've had a look at the actual message log itself & confirmed that the correct entries are all being logged. It seems to be a problem querying the log. This has only happened recently, as during the initial server setup...

"error loading DLL" message
I have put together an Excel based program which we use to produce estimates. This program is a few spreadsheets linked using VBA. This runs with no problems on most machines however 2 computers are displaying the message "error loading DLL" and then Excel crashes. Can anybody tell me what the cause of the problem is and if there is a solution to this problem? ...

SPAM filter does not work when rule moves message to other mailbox
It seems that the Outlook 2003 SMAP filter does not work for messages that are moved to another mailbox upon arrival. I have a number of email accounts and would like each of them to receive mail in a different mailbox. To achieve this I have set up rules, moving messages to a different mailbox, depending on which account they were received by. Unfortunately it seems that the SPAM filter does not get applied to messages that get moved. I'd like the messages to first be SMAP filtered and the remaining ones moved to the appropriate mailbox. Does anybody have a solution? Thank...

Invoice & Touch screen
Hi, Just wondering whether there is any invoice or delivery order that we can create/monitor the status (e.g. Work order/quote/layaway)? How do I configure to make the touch screen keyboard to hide when I minimize the POS screen and re-appear again when I restore/maximize it? Thanks in Advance ...

Can't open new project with Publisher 2000 and XP Pro
I just got a new machine and installed my office 2000. I can open and modify old Publisher documents, but when I choose New, the machine freezes, or when I just open Publisher, it opens frozen. The page where you choose the type of project won't open. Does this happen in safe mode? Have you upgraded your printer driver? Publisher is critical about printers, if Publisher is looking for a printer driver that has been modified it will hang. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jack" <anonymous@discussi...

Outlook Contacts from Office 2003 to Office XP?
I want to move my contacts from my pc with Office 2003 to another pc with Office XP Pro. How do I accomplish this? Can it be done? Thanks, Jack Barrett My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack I'm assuming you are using Outlook 2003. If not, you can still accomplish this, but the menu choices will be worded differently: 1. Switch to contacts view in Outlook 2. Choose File, Import and Export 3. Choose Outlook From the Wizard, choose Export to a file, then choose what type of file to put your contacts into. If you are importing on...

Question regarding WM_DEVICECHANGE message
Hi, I am working on an application that need to detect USB devices dynamically. I read in MSDN that WM_DEVICECHANGE can be used for this purpose. I have a custom USB device & corresponding USB driver. The device is powered by external power supply. So when I switch on my device, I get a WM_DEVICECHANGE message in my application, but wParam for this message is DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED, and lParam for this message is 0(NULL). I expected that wParam would be DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL, so I can identify my device by corresponding lParam. When I tried detecting insertion of some other USB device (i.e. ...

Error messages from Hell!!!
I'm getting more than 1,000 errors in my application event log concerning LDAP Operations. Here is my current setup: 2 Window 2003 servers running Active Directory, both GC's An Exchange 2003 Server with a migration from a Windows 5.5 Exchange server. I've checked the Recipient Update Service on my Exchange server and both are pointing to NT4DC which is an upgrade of a NT4 PDC to Windows 2k3 domain controller. I am getting these two errors on a continious basis: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSADC Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026 Date: ...

messages not being moved to my sent items folder
Hello all, and thank you very much in advance for your help. A few days ago, I must have changed a setting or something, because now when I send e-mail in MS Outlook, the e-mails just in my outbox, changing from italicized dated e-mails to e-mails that have no sent date. For a day or so I tried resending these e-mails only to find out they are indeed being sent, but they don't then move to the sent items folder. This is frustrating and urgent, because all my business-tracking of correspondence is done by my dated e-mails that have for years automatically gone into my "sent ite...

Calendar continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder (2nd post)
I have a user who reports her Calendar (Outlook 2000) continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder. Server is Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. These appointments have been added to the calendar before they have been automatically sent to the Deleted Items folder. She does not have the Resource Scheduling option under Tools->Options->Calendar set to automatically accept. There are no Outlook rules defined that affect appointment items. Apparently this is all default behavior. But how do we turn off this default? Outlook keeps sending unwanted calendar appointment mess...