Unread message count in current view only

I have a Public Folder which contains a custom form and is used by different
business regions i.e. UK, Germany, France etc. Each region has its own
corresponding folder view that only shows the items for their region. All
users have the folder in their Public Folder --> Favourites so they can see
the unread item count.

The problem is that the unread item count shows the total number of unread
messages in the whole folder and we want users to see the total number of
unread items in their region specific view only. Is there a way around this?

I am running Exchange 2000 Service Pack 3 and Outlook 2000 SR2

Thanks, Kevin

0
m0ahn1 (1)

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Stationery error message
I'm using Windows 7 with WLM 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726). When I create a new mail message, I get an error "Unable to create this stationery". The new message window open fine, with no stationery showing. After I send the message, I check the Sent message and it has the stationery I use showing in it. If I send the message to myself, the message also has the stationery I use showing in it. -- The Software Tailor Las Vegas USA ...

any problems getting msnhotmail messages through outlooK?
I'm going away and want an out of office feature. I'm thinking of setting myself up through outlook but have msn hotmail. Are there any problems with doing this? Sandy Hirsch If you're a new hotmail 'customer' you wont be able to get your messages with Outlook. If you've had a hotmail account for at least a few months you should be able to get all your email with outlook. Its real simple, even easier than setting up a regular account. -James "Schwartz" <Schwartz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B7EA122-7661-4350-8709-0376C1885EAC...

How can I generate a user friendly error message when validating XML against a schema?
Hello When validating xml against a schema, the most frequent error I get is something like "The 'FOO' attribute has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at , (25, 913)". That error message is not very user friendly, so I'd like to extract the data in the failing node along with its parent node data, and show that to the user. Do you know a way to do this? I don't think there's any other information about the error position than the line number and position. Yes, line number and position is the only information that you have to...

Outbox messages get stuck with Scansoft PDF Converter Addin
If your Outbox is acting funny and changing messages from waiting to be sent (Italic Bold) to draft status (Normal Bold) and you have Scansofts PDF Converter Addin installed, you need to disable the Addin. This is from the Scansoft KB: Problem: When sending messages to Microsoft Outlook Outbox in off-line mode, the message is converted to a draft instead of a sendable message. Cause: The PDF Converter Com add-in for Microsoft Outlook XP causes messages in Microsoft Outlook Outbox (off-line mode) to convert from sendable messages to draft messages that cannot be sent when Outlook ...

Suppressing Views
Is there any way we can suppress the default views from appearing in the list? Yes. All you have to do is make the views private (ie you need to basically set up sharing on the view and assign it to an owner). This means that only one person will see the views while everyone else will not. Typically I just have the system admin own the views and not share unnecessary views with the other users. Then only I see them and none of the other users see those views. If you haven't done this before, just go to the view you want to hide from view and open it up. Then from the Actions men...

message rule #2
I set a message rule that when I receive an e-mail with an attachment, send an automatic reply message, this message is an HTM file with a background and a small.gif file, why the sender just recive the text of the HTM file but is missing the background and the .gif? thanks Mario. ...

Outlook 2003 error message #9
I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it an error message appears. C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR LOADED I tried detect and repair and that did not help. PLEASE, I need help "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9BAE4F59-FED8-499B-99DE-6A4A0536423F@microsoft.com... >I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it = an=20 > error message appears. > C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR = LOADED > I tried detect and re...

Counting results of a formula
I have a column that has about 111 rows to it. In each row is a formula that will find an invoice number if it exists elsewhere. The are alpha-numeric invoice #s. I need to count the number of invoices found. If I use the COUNTA formula for that column it will count those cells that have the fomula in it but no result. I only want to count those cells that have a result from the formula. Any ideas for using Excel 2003? Thanks. =COUNTIF(G1:G111,">""") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 10:10:01 -0700, Nadine <Nadine@discussions.mi...

Counting the number of fields in a column that have data?
I have an Excel document with about 5,300 rows. One of the columns has data entered only into some of the fields, maybe 100 of the 5,300 rows. Is there an easy way to get Excel to count all of the fields in that column that have data entered in it? Thanks! On 1/25/10 4:57 PM, in article eW3gilgnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, "Rick" <someone@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have an Excel document with about 5,300 rows. One of the columns has > data entered only into some of the fields, maybe 100 of the 5,300 rows. > > Is there an easy way to get Excel to cou...

How to Add OnClick Message for a dynamic control
Hi Group If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that control the OnClick function would be called. But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i add such message handler. Regards >If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the >OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that >control the OnClick function would be called. > >But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i a...

Message Bodies becoming Attachments
This may be one of the strangest things I've ever seen, and I hope someone can help me. We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 in a Win2000 AD environment. Our mailbox servers are now all Exchange 2003, but the routing servers are still on 5.5. When a user sends messages to certain external recipients, the message body somehow gets pulled into a .eml file which is then attached to the message and tries to go out, but our antivirus protection catches the .eml attachment and strips it from the message before sending the message out; the result, as you might e...

Truncate message after certain number of lines
Hi All; Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. TIA On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:35:04 -0700, WhoC@nItbN0W <WhoCnItbN0W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All; > >Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and >pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. > > > >TIA Whats the goal? Hi: 1. A simple issue really (a) Cant prevent users from fwding emails over emails, appending their rema...

Subject based filtering of DSN messages
I can't make this work for the vast majority of the DSN messages we get (message undeliverable and such). I have setup rules to filter the different bounce messages that I see in subject lines and some of them work fine. Most do not. The messages the come from postfix (for instance) have mime-encoded notification messages, split in several parts. I've tried matching the Subject: line I end up seeing in Outlook and the subject line that is in the internet headers of the message, which is not what outlook shows me. I think exchange 2003 is recognizing these messages and try...

"can not create " error message
We have been experiencing this error message on terminal server 2003. This is never being a problem on windows 2000 server but since we have upgrade the system this has started. microsoft has give a solution KB 305982. It works but problem reoccurs ever now and then. Please help to resolve this problem ...

View names
Is it possible to give the same name to two different views when the views are for different entities? For instance, name a view for Leads "Has email" and name a view for Accounts "Has email." I seem to be running into a bug when doing this. I receive the following error: User would see... "Duplicate Record The specified domain logon name already exists. You must specify a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already." However, I'm not changing a domain logon name. I am changing the name of a view. Any ideas? I'v...

This action is only valid for products that are currently installed
I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. When ever I try to open a JPG attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed". I have tried "repairing" Office, and tried reinstalling the various filters and file formats, to no avail. Any ideas? -- Tim. Tim Munro <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Outlook 2003 doesn't have modes. > When ever I try to open a JPG > attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products > that are currently installed&...

Apply view to all newsgroups
Some news servers I have contain many groups that I read daily. You have to select each newsgroup and modify the view. Is there some way to apply the view filter to all the groups? Thanks Please disregard. Posted in wrong newsgroup. "RHinNC" <rhinnc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9FFDEF63-11EF-4DE3-A1D0-B9D3C6F3D594@microsoft.com... > Some news servers I have contain many groups that I read daily. You have > to select each newsgroup and modify the view. > > Is there some way to apply the view filter to all the groups? > > Thanks ...

two exchange servers, one calendar view?
Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons that can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I told her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip through the carcks and create larger headaches down the road. On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:11:05 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

View pareto chart by sorting the max number on the bottom
Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? The order is determined by the Row Source of the chart. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "sq75222" wrote: > Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show > in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? > > ...

restore message from filled up PRIV
Hi My Private IS reached 16GB. I did defragmentation, but it didn't help. IS service couldn't start befor and after reorganization. Of course I had to start my Exchange and I had restored PRIV from backup. Now I have to restore one message with attachement from my damaged PRIV which I have not got in backup. Can anyone help me? Thanks for any help, Andrzej Which version of Exchange? -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is...

Error Message when closing Outlook XP SP2!
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4510.0 ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 1.1.4322.573 Offset: 00052781 I have the error file if someone has a debugger of some sort!! Thanks! It is called appcompat.txt.... Thanks! Joshua Miller ...

date in database compare with the current date
Is that possible to create an alert function, that gives an alert message when a date in Access database is going to expired soon So I need this function to compare the date in database with current date when the dates are the same, it gives an warning msg on the web browser and is that possible to achieve that using Microsoft script editor? Hi, Sure, but you need to write code. The basic idea would be to check when the next event should occur, and run Schedule Tasks, or other tool, appropriately. Sure, you have to check that when the db is loaded, when a record is appended, modified, o...

Test Message
08/01/2010 02:48:29 p.m. ...

pulling email addresses out of excel and into mail- new message
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is it possible to cut and paste email addresses from excel to an email message. <br> I can right click and copy but I cannot paste them into the TO box. What "email program" are you using? Apple Mail does not support contextual menus. Use the Edit> Paste command or the keyboard equivalent: Command+V. If that doesn't resolve the issue you'll need to be far more detailed in your description of what you're trying to do, what you're trying top do it with, how you're trying to do it &a...