Uninstalling Outlook stationary is *decreasing* my disk free space

Hi, I hope I'm in the right ng where someone can help.

I'm trying to free up some room on my hard drive. Control Panel - Add Remove
Programs - shows there are several Outlook stationary items that take up
over 4 GB each!

Everytime I uninstall one of the stationary items, Explorer shows my disk
free space *decreasing* by about .03 GB.

It's bazaar. Uninstalling something is taking up *more* room on my hard
drive. (Nothing shows up in the Recycle Bin after I uninstall either.)

Does anyone know why I'm not recovering any free space after deleting
stationary?

TIA

Renee

0
rr3195 (2)

It could be Windows XP's System Restore causing this.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Renee" <rr@invalid.org> wrote in message
> Hi, I hope I'm in the right ng where someone can help.
>
> I'm trying to free up some room on my hard drive. Control Panel - Add
> Remove Programs - shows there are several Outlook stationary items that
> take up over 4 GB each!
>
> Everytime I uninstall one of the stationary items, Explorer shows my disk
> free space *decreasing* by about .03 GB.
>
> It's bazaar. Uninstalling something is taking up *more* room on my hard
> drive. (Nothing shows up in the Recycle Bin after I uninstall either.)
>
> Does anyone know why I'm not recovering any free space after deleting
> stationary?
>
> TIA
>
> Renee

0
Roady
2/1/2005 11:05:00 PM
Thanks, Robert. That's got to be it. I looked at my System Restore calendar
for today and noticed that every time I deleted a stationary item, the
system did a restore checkpoint.

Not all of my stationary items appear in Add Remove Programs. I'm guessing
it's only the newer ones I downloaded.

In any event, I'm going to delete all the 4 GB stationary items. Then I'm
going to clear out my System Restore files. The combination ought to give me
a LOT more storage.

Renee

message news:e10IuKLCFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> It could be Windows XP's System Restore causing this.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Renee" <rr@invalid.org> wrote in message
>> Hi, I hope I'm in the right ng where someone can help.
>>
>> I'm trying to free up some room on my hard drive. Control Panel - Add
>> Remove Programs - shows there are several Outlook stationary items that
>> take up over 4 GB each!
>>
>> Everytime I uninstall one of the stationary items, Explorer shows my disk
>> free space *decreasing* by about .03 GB.
>>
>> It's bazaar. Uninstalling something is taking up *more* room on my hard
>> drive. (Nothing shows up in the Recycle Bin after I uninstall either.)
>>
>> Does anyone know why I'm not recovering any free space after deleting
>> stationary?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Renee

0
rr3195 (2)

CRM Outlook Client 06-22-06
Hi there, I have the outlook web client deployed in my organisation and it's working fine :) I was wondering if anyone had been able to change the custom view when tracking in CRM. At present I can only see system views and my own custom entities. For cases I only want active cases and I have no idea how to configure this... can anyone assist?? K2 ...

Outlook 2003 #357
When I recieve an email. I click in email to go to site recommened to view the information I get a pop up window that ask "Locate Link Browser" How do I fix this? I am a newbe. "gonzo44" <gonzo44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA8E685F-EFAE-434F-A25A-CF08CAEAA54C@microsoft.com... > When I recieve an email. I click in email to go to site recommened to > view > the information I get a pop up window that ask "Locate Link Browser" How > do > I fix this? I am a newbe. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821692 -- Bri...

Outlook #4
I am using Outlook 2002 and i want my outlook to leave a copy of the mails in the server. How to enable this feature. We are using Exchange server to download our mails. By default, your mail should already be stored in your Exchange mailbox, Ramesh. You can check the setting using the steps outlined in this article. 296622 OL2002: Messages Disappear from Your Inbox http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296622 -- Regards, Chris Burnham Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------------------- "Ramesh" <l...

Configuring Tasks and Outlook
Hi, I work in a IT Area in my organization, and I am insterested in integrating the taks list of a sharepoint site with the outlook of every member of the IT Team. I already know how to do that from the point of view of the end user (click "connect to outlook", etc.) but I do not want the users to do that, I want to enable it for every user "from the server". How can I do that? -- Ariel Andrés Quesada MSc Systems Engineering, MCBMSP CRM 4.0 MCTS: TFS, MOSS 2007,Forefront, Project 2007, ..NET 2.0: Web/Win Apps, SQL Svr 2005 MCSD, MCSE, MCT I...

Outlook w/ multiple users
I just upgraded a PC from Win 98 to XP Home and created 4 differnt user accounts for XP. Now, when one user receives mail to their Outlook Inbox, it is viewable from the Inbox no matter which user is logged in. Can't I give each user private mailboxes? Help please! Thank you Is this using Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook, what version? If Express, post in an Express group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Wear-Con admin <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Outlook 2007 03-02-10
I have an issue with multiple Archive.pst files in my system. Earlier I was using Outlook 2003 and now Outlook 2007. Every time I archive my mails I give different archive file names with YYMMDD as suffix. I keep the back up all old archive files. When I started using Outlook 2007 I wanted to have one Outlook.pst and Archive.pst file in my system. To do this I tried Import of multiple Archive files into single Outlook.pst with 'Replace duplicates with items imported' option and then Archive from the new Outlook.pct file. However I find all duplicates remaining in the new ...

OUTLOOK 2000
No matter what I do I can't get outlook to open. It says - The Server containing the Global Address List is no longer available. Try again. But it doesn't give me an alternative server or tell me where to find one. I am trying for help this last time - after this I think I'll forget about trying to use Outlook Many thanks for your time Best wishes Teresa ...

Outlook and "Bad Image" error (msimtf.dll)
I have a user in the office, with Windows XP Home (SP2) and Office 2002 (SP3). She's starting to get this message: "OUTLOOK.EXE - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS \System32\msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." every time she starts up Outlook, sometimes two or three of them in a row she has to OK. They'll also pop up now and then while using Outlook. This only started happening a couple of days ago, and she hasn't installed or uninstalled any software lately, and nothing else unusual has happened wit...

Outlook XP #16
I have two cases where outlook for unknown reason just stops sensing the delete key. Delete key works ok in all other programs of office and windows XP. The only way to clear it is to reboot the machine. ...

Outlook popup every time I look at pictures email
I have outlook set to block pictures in email by default. I like it this way. The problem is that sometimes I need to view an email that has pictures so I right click and download the pictures and when I go to close the email I'm greeted with a popup that says properties have changed and would I like to save the changes. I always click "NO" but this repeative behavior is annoying, I would like my answer of NO to be permanent, is their a reg hack that can acomplish that ? ...

PDF attachments w/ Outlook 2003
One of our computers running Office 2003 will not open received pdf attachments. It generates an error saying that the specified file cannot be found. Sometimes it refuses to open the file at all, and sometimes it generates the error then goes on to open the file. It does not do this with any other type of file. I have done the detect and repair operation multiple times on this computer, and it has not helped. This computer was initially running Office XP, but was upgraded to Office 2003. Office XP was uninstalled before installing 2003. The computer has had this error since 2003 was in...

Outlook 2002 #149
Please help. Outlook 2002 opens, connects, but cannot download my email from the server. I ran scanpst. and scandisk and no problems there. Suggestions? ...

Hotmail on Outlook 2003
Hi, I use hotmail on outlook 2003 - outlook creates a pst file for hotmail account but unfortunately it is office 97-2002 pst file type so once it reaches 2GB it stops working and asks me to delete stuff to make more room. My question is how to resolve the issue? I wonder if I can switch hotmail account to the newer pst type so I don't have to worry about size, does anybody know if that is possible? I tried to create a new pst file and then rename it to hotmail's pst filename but that did not work. Thanks, Ofer "organizer" wrote in message news:322451d9-1895-4f75-8f39-e7...

How do you sync outlook with palm tungsten E2?
I recently upgraded computers. When I did an inital sync. all of my calendar dates moved to outlook. I have added several "new" items to my calendar, but those dates are not syncing with outlook. What sync software do you use? That is what controls the sync, not outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLE...

I did a system recovery and did not backup outlook. I lost some d.
Need to recover files lost in outlook after system recovery. Address, drafts... Unless you were connecting to Exchange Server, all your data is in one or more .pst files. If you didn't back them up, they may be gone. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for likely file locations. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F7AADD4-0A69-4EBB-BF88-8086379C8D4A@...

Outlook keeps polling for my username & PW on auto send/receive
I am running win 2K pro, and office 2003 pro. Office is an upgrade from office 2000. I have my auto-check for messages set to 1 minute and everytime outlook looks for new messages automatically it askes for the network password. I enter in and choose save UN & PW and it goes through and either retrives the messages if there are any there or sends no errors and completes its task. However the next time (in 1 minute) it goes to poll for pessages again it again asks for the PW in the prompt box. I have checked with my ISP/email provider and everything is good with mny settings and t...

How do I stop outlook from opening the next message automatically
When I open a new message in my inbox and then close it outlook automatically opens the next message. How do I stop outlook from doing this? Depends on your version. There's little use in posting a question without including your version. For one of the versions you would go to Tools > Options > Preferences > Email Options... to access the settings for this behavior. -- Russ Valentine "Outlook inbox" <Outlook inbox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56BDE5B9-2E35-4536-934B-07B82C30547F@microsoft.com... > When I open a new message ...

Change to different sender in outlook 2003
Hello Today I use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. On a user in AD i have enter sevral diffrent email addresses. HOW can I change the sender in outlook 2003 ex email on user info@domain.com defaul support@domain.co when I send a mail the resever will se info@domain.com as sender BUT some times I want to have support@domain.com as the sendar. How do I fix this.? I dont want do enter AD every time to change there thank Mikael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I send a mail the resever will se info@domain.com as sender BUT > some time...

Cannot close MS Outlook 2002 Archive Folder
Yesterday while I was archiving data in Outlook from my .pst file to an archive .pst file, my computer locked up & I had to re-boot my machine. (FYI - I don't think my computer lock-up was due to the Outlook archiving.) After I rebooted my machine and re-opened Outlook, the archive folder was still open. I can still view the data in the archive file. However, I cannot close the archive folder. When I try to close the archive folder, I receive an error messages stating "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Any ideas on how I can actually get the ...

Outlook Personal Folder Location
Hi, I have installed Outlook 2007 in "C" Drive.I want to change my Outllok mail (Inbox, Outbox) Storage location in "D" Drive. is it Possible to do it. Please help. Close Outlook. Cut the outlook.pst file and paste it where you want. Open Outlook and when it complains, point it to the new location. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Verma asked: | Hi, | I have installed Outlook 20...

Outlook Receive problems
0x8004210A error when testing receive using Office 2003. Seems to be a hotfix for Outlook 2002 and XP but none listed for Outlook 2003. wild guess, but try to unregister/register inetcomm.dll. How to: * open a command prompt * type: regsvr32 /u \windows\system32\inetcomm.dll * type: regsv32 \windows\system32\inetcomm.dll * close command prompt and reboot "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:659e01c482e1$b8a57480$a501280a@phx.gbl... > 0x8004210A error when testing receive using Office 2003. > Seems to be a hotfix for Outlook 2002 and...

preventing outlook from dialing in automatically
I am having a problem with Microsoft Outlook Ver. 2000 I have taken out the suggested settings on the Microsoft Website to prevent the program from connecting automatically but to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Kind regards Martin Kerrigan Is your machine set to connect to the Internet automatically when needed (in IE)? "Martin Kerrigan" <martyk@nireland.com> wrote in message news:080b01c3aa9a$82c06c00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am having a problem with Microsoft Outlook Ver. 2000 > I have taken out the suggested settings on the Microsoft > We...

Export contact to Outlook Express
I would appreciate it if someone would direct me on how to export my Contacts list from Outlook to the Outlook Express Address Book. I am running XP and have the latest IE Browser. I want to do this, because Outlook block pictures and other graphic attachments, and I cannot make it stop doing that. I will appreciate all assistance. Thanks Jay ...

outlook 2003 mailbox displaying twice
Hi, I am currently working at a site which uses exchange 2003 SP1 server side and outlook 98 thorugh to outlook 2003 on the client side (a rollout is in progress at the moment to bring everyone up to outlook 2003) At the moment, for SOME clients on outlook 2003, their mailbox shows up twice (when using folder view), along with public folders showing up twice. Initially i thought this was just a corrupt outlook profile, however re-creation on the same machine, a different machine or even freshly built machine results in the issue re-occuring after a variable amount of use (sometimes 15 min...

gmail outlook
I have set up and tested my outlook - gmail pop3 account according to all the steps listed by Microsoft and Gmail, but still dosn't even show up in Outlook. When I go to view or change accounts it is there, but I cannot read or even see the mail from Gmail in Outlook. Please Help... Much Obliged! On 27-Jun-2005, =?Utf-8?B?SmFrZSBXYWdvbmVy?= <Jake Wagoner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up and tested my outlook - gmail pop3 account according to all > the > steps listed by Microsoft and Gmail, but still dosn't even show up in > Outlook. When I...