Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server

I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003
and exchange server.

Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around
so that I can use MS Word as the email editor.

I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a
solution.

Please help.

Thanks,

HR
0
anonymous (74722)

HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003
> and exchange server.

Define "unable".  What happens when you try.  What version of Word?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Access 2003 & the Database Documenter
I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on myapplication code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the"Database Documenter".Did they take it out of Access 2003 or did they hide it in some differentplace that I am not seeing?Help?-- Peace & happy computing,Mike Labosh, MCSD MCTOwner, vbSensei.Com"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei > I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on my> application code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the> "Database Documenter".Nevermind, I f...

How to handle all unhandled exceptions when using Task Parallel Library?
I'm using the Task Parallel Library (TPL) in .NET 4.0. I want to centralize the handling logic of all unhandled exceptions by using the Thread.GetDomain().UnhandledException event. However, in my application, the event is never fired for threads started with TPL code, e.g. Task.Factory.StartNew(...). The event is indeed fired if I use the traditional Thread(threadStart).Start(). This MSDN article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997415%28v=VS.100%29.aspx) suggests to use Task#Wait() to catch the AggregateException when working with TPL, but that is not I want b...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Word 2010 Beta not responding
I recently bought a Sony Vaio computer with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium edition. I found Office 2010 Professional online and downloaded the beta version for free until the real one comes out later this year. All of the office suites (Excel, PowerPoint, etc) all work, but when I open up Word, within seconds it freezes up and no matter where I click (even to close it) I get the not responding message and have to close it with task manager. I use Word more than any other application/program on my computer and I love the new Office 2010 and don't want 2007. Does anyone know...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Changing Default Save Location for Email Attachments
Hey gang.. I understand the Tools>Options>General tab allows you to change the default open/save file for Excel, however, this does not work when you open a file received as an attachment. The Save As location changes to one of the Temp folders. Does anyone know how to change this? I use Outlook 2002 - and this may be impossible, but it is extremely irritating and I would love to find out how to change this Thanks --Shane Hi shane try Ron's sendmail add-in: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shane wrote: > Hey gang... > > I ...

unable to wake up system
I leave a pc running unattended sometimes for a week at a time, and the problem is when I return, the screen is dark, and the PC does not respond to moving the mouse or hitting keys on the keyboard. I have been rebooting, but I suspect this is a setting issue. Additional question: What is the category of software called which monitors and reports system health via email? Th PC is behind a firewall, and I do not think remote desktop will work, nor am I interested in having to actively log in to check on the PC. Is it in hibernation? If so, only power on button will boot it up. An...

Using Drag and Drop for non Adjacent Cells
Hi, I have an Excel work book which has a row of totals in cells which are 6 columns apart. Eg the 1st cell is K71, the next Q71 the next W71etc etc up to a maximum of 25 cells. In another sheet within the same book I have a totals sheet which I need to display the totals from the 1st sheet. I have copied the 1st 2 references from the original sheet into cells which are adjacent to each other in my totals sheet with the intention of dragging and dropping for the next 23 or so cells hoping that Excel would pick up on the fact that the referenced cells are 6 rows apart. But this does not ha...

New in Money'04: Online Services Valid Two or Three Years from first use
From the new Money 2004 pages: http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp "Online services valid two or three years from first use. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire two years from first use of Microsoft Money Standard or September 1, 2006, whichever is earlier. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire three year...

Adding button using wizard in Access 07
Hi, I'm trying to add a simple button to advance the record page to a new blank record using the wizard. Here's what I've done: Created the form which works fine. I've added records to test it. In Design view I click on Use Controls Wizards to activate it. Click on Button to select it. Click on the form to place the button and activate wizard. This does happen. In the wizard I elect Record Operations under Categories and then Add New Record for the Action. Click Next and then select Text to identify the button. Click Next again and change name to Add Record. Clic...

Missing contacts Exchange 2003
Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? Thanks AD contacts show up in the GAL. Each user has their own private contacts folder. -GT "Tomek" <tomaszch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7eda0bae.0409180906.1c7c6ce2@posting.google.com... > Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a > way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? > > Thanks ...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

rebuild of exchange 5.5 on win2k server
ok, my nt4, exch 5.5, server crashed, setup new win2k server box, installed 5.5, can't do 2k or 2003 exchange yet, no active directory.. only issue is that when installed 5.5 on new box it DOESN'T have SMTP? so inside corporate email works, but not internet email service, which doesn't even show up on the list of services? anyone have any knowledge base article or MAYBE even have had this happen? please SEND HELP... AL In Exch Admin click File\New Other\Internet Mail Service and floow wizard. Al Smith wrote: > ok, my nt4, exch 5.5, server crashed, setup new win2k server...

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...

Terminal Server Setup
Hello, I am trying to setup a terminal server so all Great Plains users have their own Dex.ini file to launch Great Plains. But I am having no luck trying to do this. We are Great Plains 8.0 SP 2 using MS SQL 2000. Does anyone have their system setup this way? Could you give me some advice on what I could be doing wrong? I am following the white paper that is on customersource but following it to a T does not work. I placed the dex.ini file in the windows folder in the local profile of the machine. The local profile did not have a windows folder so I had to create one. I r...

Form format changed from 2003 to 2007
I have import an application I developed in Access 2003 to Access 2007. All of my forms are now showing up full screen with a tab. Even the small forms, such as the CopyRight, which is supposed to be a small 2” by 3” window. It now takes up the full screen with a tab and my 2” x 3” message on a full screen white background. This is true with all my forms. Is wish to keep the old look and fell until I have time to migrate the forms over. Right now, they look stupid in 2007. Is there some simple property or config setting that will allow my forms to be windows at the size I had ...

how to use collapse/ expand fuction in excel like outlook

How to send encrypted Emails
When I send Emails most do not go through. Notification of encrypted email comes up. How do I send encrypted emails. Post your Outlook version. Does the recipient accept encrypted mail? Have you sent a digital cert to this person before trying to send encrypted mail? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, steveallair@sympatico.ca asked: | When I send Emails most do not go through....

Every new email
XP Pro SP1, Win2003, Office 2003 Pro SP1 via Assigned Computer Policy in GPO. We had a working Office 2003 Pro admin point for months. We setup a new package to rollout SP1 per MS directions. We simply added a policy pointing to the new installation. Upon the first few end-user logins, all seemed to work as designed. Then all hell broke loose. Some users started having problems attaching Word documents (Word only, all others work) to Outlook outgoing messages. It would throw error 1394 "Invalid characters exist in Application Data". Other users have a very different, yet huge...