Unable to update

Outlook 2002 / XP
I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find
the solution.
Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.'
Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, web sites, and this
ng history but the solutions I have found do not help.  These include
	using the clear(?) switch when opening Outlook
	Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks)
	I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance
This problem did not occur until I switched the Default pst (I use 2)
used when opening Outlook.  Any ideas what I should try?
0
jlunis (46)

Unable to open Attachments (Environment Wide)
Going to post this in the Exchange group, as I havent had any luck in the Outlook group. This may actually be a server security issue, but I am a bit lost on a solution. We recently migrated to Office XP at our corporate office. Since the upgrade, I am having several complaints of attachments not openning. After researching the issue, it appears be random and the current solution is to forward the message to the receiver, and then launch the attachment. The attachments are not blocked and are simple Word, Excel and PDF files. The user receives no error. Double clicking the attachmen...

Update all docvariables in all active documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use VBA to update all docvariable fields in all active documents? I know how to update a single document, but I'm having trouble cycling through all active documents. Thank you, Rob Probably a bit of overkill as this would update "all" fields (not just docVariables fields). Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oDoc As Word.Document For Each oDoc In Documents UpdateFields oDoc Next oDoc End Sub Sub UpdateFields(Doc As Word.Document) Dim pRange As Word.Range Dim oShp As Shape Dim iLink As Long Dim TOC As TableOfContents Dim TOF As TableO...

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Unable to update free/busy time
Hi there, This morning I installed the Exchange 2000 post-sp3 rollup on our small business server. Since then users have been getting messages from Outlook saying that it can't update free/busy time on the server. Prior to installing the rollup we did not get the errors. I had a look at the event log on the server and it is filling up with EventID: 1546 errors, the description is: Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL: <file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative group/USER-_xF8...

Update on MSCRM Jscript problem
I have discovered that if you replace window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398&sf=({qu ote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') with window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398%26sf=({ quote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') (replace the & with a %26) in the onchange event of a picklist, the quote page will display and you can call the report by changing the value in the picklist. However, you will get an error returned by the report viewer that doesn't like the %26. If, in the report view...

Unable to reply or forward in Outlook XP
I am currently running Outlook 2002 with XP SP2. All of the latest patches for both. Internet connection and account tested and verified. When I use reply or forward to send email, Outlook will sometimes hang (hour glass forever). In order to get out I have to use task manager to stop Outlook. Of course by doing this the email is lost and has to be retyped. I never have this problem when creating a new email from scratch. There have been a number of post on this but I have yet to find one that actually had a fix. Any help would be appreciated. Peter Are you using Word or Outlook a...

unable to log in 11-29-09
I am unable to access my windows mail, it has started asking me for my user name and password and i have tried every combination and i cant get in, i use AVG free version 9 fro virus protection - i read in another message this can sometimes affect it. i am getting the same message as the other person who had the same problem, they were using norton anti virus. can you help me please First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing is acco...

Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable to create dest msg
I have a user receiving this error message. Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable=20 to create dest msg Outlook 2002. Theare are no rules configured.=20 Any Idea? tks, Alisson S. Ara=FAjo ...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

Unable to Overwrite Existing Network File
I have been searching in vain for a solution to this problem for quite some time. What happens is that even when running a simple MFC program (i.e. created from the Wizard & run), I cannot overwrite an existing network file. I can create new files on the network without a problem. Also, no other programs installed on my machine have this problem (notpad, Word, etc.). I have checked my network permissions and I have every permission available on the target directory with the exception of "Full Control", "Change Permissions", and "Take Ownership". Does anyo...

Outlook 2003 - Unable to receive POP3 e-mail
I really need some help! I'm totally stumped. I have two completely different POP# e-mail accounts. For some reason, I am suddenly unable to receive e-mail from either account. I made no changes to the system between the time I last received e-mail and the following attempt in which I couldn't. Three points of note: 1) Upon attempting to "Detect and Repair", I found the engine was disabled. I don't recall doing that. I reset the engine to automatic. 2) Previously, I had been getting some corruption in the file that tells the server what messages I have dow...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?
My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server). We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the detail record SOP10200 for an order. What are the Ramifications of doing this. Ideally I would like to know what all else I need to update to do this. Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can check and acuratly price our orders... Thanks, Allen Allen, This is not a good idea. The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance, inventoy cost...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

Account List Totals not being updated
I have been using Money for several years. I'm now using Money 2003 on my Windows 2000 system. I noticed this morning that the account values in the Account List view were not being updated to agree with Portfolio Values after share prices were downloaded from the Internet. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. Then I ran the latest Microsoft "Salvage" utility on my data file and that said the file was okay. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them. If you wish to do so you can contact me at cbritman (at)cox(dot)net Thanks...

Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window
I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to Access 2000. When trying to open the 2000 file on a machine with Access 2000, I get the error message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window. Please upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer" I have upgraded internet explorer & I still get the same message. Any suggestions? "Joanna" <joanna@dpd.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:021f01c3926e$084dcc40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to > Access 2000. When trying t...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

Had to Update Money with new license
Hello, My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy another version to get another 2 years with a new license key. I entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it started asking me about some online quotes. I made the huge mistake of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update, duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created (presumably from MSN Money?). deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an update. I had to go to...

Exchange Server 5.5 unable to receive SMTP mails
Hi Guys, Our Exchange Server currently cannot receive SMTP mail from mail clients including outlook express.What can we do to make it work.Pls help. Platform: Exchange 5.5 Service pack 3 on Windows NT 4.0 -- Buchi Hi; Did you check that if your exchange have an open relay and may be blacklisted? http://www.rbl.jp/ckdb/ you can check from here... Bora Güler "Buchi" wrote: > Hi Guys, > Our Exchange Server currently cannot receive SMTP mail from mail clients > including outlook express.What can we do to make it work.Pls help. > > Platform: Exchange 5.5 ...

calendar updates
I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the desktop. Save and close doesn't work. Why? -- Rupe It should be as simply as opening WLM, go to the calendar and right click on a date. Context menu will appear with an option to add an event. Are you seeing any error messages? Colin Brown WL MVP "Rupe" <Rupe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC68FEB-E31A-445E-8A97-39515894C888@microsoft.com... > I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the > desktop. > Save and close doesn't work...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...