Unable to update free/busy

I am trying to solve this problem and found article 814555 that talks about
an available hotfix. However, there is no details provided on where to find
the fix.
How could I obtain that fix?
0
nyugati1 (4)

If the hotfix applies to the operating system, Start> All
programs, Windows update. If the fix is to Office, you can
access the Office updates from the Window update page.

Suggestion, apply all hotfixes to both. Keep your system
current.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/13/2004 11:23:34 PM
the article has this information. You need to contact Microsoft for it. The
link for contacts is in the article.

"nyugati" <nyugati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to solve this problem and found article 814555 that talks about
> an available hotfix. However, there is no details provided on where to
> find
> the fix.
> How could I obtain that fix?

0
BillR9171 (440)
10/14/2004 12:52:34 AM
If I contact MS, I will be charged at least $35. Since this is a hotfix, I
think I should get it for free. Where could I download it from?

Thanks

"BillR [MVP]" wrote:

> the article has this information. You need to contact Microsoft for it. The
> link for contacts is in the article.
>
> "nyugati" <nyugati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to solve this problem and found article 814555 that talks about
> > an available hotfix. However, there is no details provided on where to
> > find
> > the fix.
> > How could I obtain that fix?

0
nyugati1 (4)
10/14/2004 3:09:14 PM
nyugati <nyugati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to solve this problem and found article 814555 that talks
> about an available hotfix. However, there is no details provided on
> where to find the fix.
> How could I obtain that fix?

The article does state how to obtain the fix.  I quote:

"To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support
Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support
Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the
following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS
NOTE: In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support
calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a
specific update will resolve your problem. The typical support costs will
apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the
specific update in question."

So, use the link, call Microsoft, and tell them you have the problem
outlined in the article.  The fees for support will be waived.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/14/2004 3:58:23 PM
nyugati <nyugati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> If I contact MS, I will be charged at least $35. Since this is a
> hotfix, I think I should get it for free.

And it will be free.  The support charge will be waived for a hotfix.
--
Brian Tillman
0
> If I contact MS, I will be charged at least $35. Since this is a hotfix, I
> think I should get it for free. Where could I download it from?
>
> Thanks
>
> "BillR [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> the article has this information. You need to contact Microsoft for it.
>> The
>> link for contacts is in the article.
>>
>> "nyugati" <nyugati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to solve this problem and found article 814555 that talks
>> >about
>> > an available hotfix. However, there is no details provided on where to
>> > find
>> > the fix.
>> > How could I obtain that fix?

0
BillR9171 (440)

Leaving blank business cards
I am using Publisher 2000 (form Office 2000 Pro) under W2K. I am printing I.D. cards on 8 1/2 x 11 Avery 8-card stock. If I have only a few cards to print, I want to be able to leave blank cards, and start printing farther down the page. That way I can use up the stock starting at the bottom of the page, so that the top of the page is still intact to feed into the printer. Is there an option to do this? I have tried combinations of adding blank rows to .XLS and .CSV data files, selecting specific rows to print, and checking or not checking "Do not print blank rows", alas, to n...

Office 2008 12.1.7 Updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel AutoUpdate ran and downloaded Office 2008 12.1.7 Updater. However, I cannot get this to run. Both my Macintosh HD and (of course) my Time Machine disk, are unavailable, saying, "You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.7 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I'm assuming this is because I installed the Entourage EWS Beta. Can someone confirm this? Can someone let me know what the 12.1.7 Updater fixes so that I can determine whether it is ...

Unable to send email to one domain only
We are unable to send email to one site. The email just sits in the queue. They can send email to us however. The problem started 3 weeks ago, and we're going nuts over this. We've been able to send email in the past. We're running exchange 2k and the other company is running exchange 2003. We have done the following: Rebooted the server NSLookup from both-servers resolves ok telnet to both servers and sent email We have a network connection to them directly; however the nslookup records point to their public ip as does ours. I only mentioned this, because if there is an easy ...

where is the Outlook update?
Can someone send me the link to the Outlook update that was publicized to pop up when user receives an email with an attachment? When I slipstreamed Office 2k to integrate service pack 2, now I can't install the latest Office updates. Thanks :) ...

Money Plus Update
The next time you open Money Plus, expect a pop-up regarding an update. It will say it is closing Money, but you may have to deal with the backup popups if you have Money set up that way. Wait a minute or two. Reopen Money. Those who removed spending and performance modules from the home page due to very slow performance should be able to add those back with reasonable performance. There are some other improvements less obvious to those who already had things working. In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote: > >The next time you open Money Plus, expect a pop-up regarding ...

UPDATED - READ AWAY
Since this list will undoubtedly grow and to make it slightly easier to find... I've relocated it to the web at: http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm I should point out the list of bugs are those I've seen/experienced and/or reproduced and do not necessarily represent the opinions (good, bad or otherwise) or acknowledgement by anyone that these are actually bugs (I mean after all we could all be nuts) :-) -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@msn.com.remove One more...don't know if anyone else has gotten this one. I went to the Ta...

Determin ing the number of business day in a given month
Good day to all of you! Could anyone provide some help in the following area: - I would like to calculate the number of business days within a given month for a given year. I have the month in A1 (format "Dec-04") I would like to put the number of business days in A2 based on the value of A1 (all days except Saturday / sundays) Has anyone done such calculation ? If yes, thanks for sharing the formula! Happy holidays to all of you Hi use NETWORKDAYS for this Note: you have to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Michel Khennaf...

Updating Source Code in Charts
Created a spreadsheet with 100 charts. Data has been updated yearly by inserting rows for the current year and adding those numbers. I'm going to the existing chart and update the source data, but the resulting chart doesn't show the correct numbers. Looks like it's taking the 2006 data and replacing it with 2002 data from the previous row. This is the fourth year I've been using the speadsheet to update charts, but now it's not working. Any clues? -- Office User at University ...

No Free/Busy Info after April 1, 2004
Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4 Outlook 2003 / Outlook 2000 It seems that, on first glance, that users that have been upgraded to Outlook 2003 can only see Free/Busy information up to 4/1/2004; after it is all hash marks (no information). My process is as follows: I invite a random list of users to a meeting then check their Availability. All users that have Outlook 2003 have "No Information" after 4/1/2004, and all Pre-OL2K3 shows the information. Any suggestions in troubleshooting this process? Hello, Can you make sure that the OL2003 users are publishing more than two mo...

unable to enter "/" in cell as 1st character
Why am I unable to enter the forward slash character (as the 1st entry) in a cell? Instead, it appears to act like the ALT key, accessing the File menus. never mind...I stumbled onto it in the Tools...Options...Transition tab. ;) "RobMlr" wrote: > Why am I unable to enter the forward slash character (as the 1st entry) in a > cell? > Instead, it appears to act like the ALT key, accessing the File menus. > > Rob Under Tools > Options > Transition you have a setting that tells Excel that the / key = Excel Menu Use the ' key before the / key ' t...

Updating data into one spreadsheet from another
I have two spreadsheets. They are somewhat identical. The big file has thousands of products showing how many are in stock. The smaller file has a fraction of these same products and I need to update the quanity in stock field in my smaller spreadhseet every day. Is there a script or method I can use to have this done without doing each cell one by one? Thanks, Rick The easiest method is to use VLOOKUP(). See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm -- Gary''s Student "Rick" wrote: > I have two spreadsheets. They are somewhat identical. The big file has > t...

UPDATE PRICES ONLINE #2
I have been MS Money for several years. My most recent version was Money 2003. I noticed on my homepage that I hadn't gotten updates since 09/03, so I got the updates. Now, in my Portfolio, when I click on Update Prices, the Update Online option is gone. All that is there is Update Manually. I searched on all of the Help links and couldn't find anything on the subject, so I bought Money 2004. I installed it and all my info was there, but still the Update Prices Online wasn't an available option. Does anyone know why this option disappeared for me? In microsoft.pub...

Windows Update Agent
Why does my Windows Update Agent on my Xp PC keep wanting a CD. I don't have a CD. The Update Agent says, The feature you are trying to use ia on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not avalible. This message repedidly displays at verious time. When I cancle it, another dialog window displays saying, An installation package for the product Update Agent connot be found. Try the instalation agent using a valid copy of the instalation package 'Update Agent.msi'. I don't have a clue what it is asking for or why. I have been fighting this problem for months. ...

Stimulus tax update release date.
Has anyone heard if there is a projected date when the tax update for GP including the newly passed stimulus package will be released? Thanks Kathy, The IRS just released this information last Saturday (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=204521,00.html), so I would be surprised (in a good way :-) ) if Microsoft releases anything in the next 2 weeks. “For most taxpayers, the additional credit will automatically start showing up in their paychecks this spring,” said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman, which means that there's still time to get it right ONCE! Best regards, -- MG.- ...

updating pivot tables
Hi, I have large spreadsheet with about 10 or so pivot tables from attached data. I run new data and replace the attached data with it every week. When I update the pivots using the wizard it updates but increases the size of the worksheet regardless of the size of the data. By the end of the year the worksheet is over 100 megabytes which is much larger than the dataset. I'm using Excel 2002. It seems that it is keeping the original data reference. How do I deal with this without creating new pivot tables every week? Thanks Jim Not sure if this is your issue, but a couple of month...

How do I automatically refresh charts w/ updating external data?
I understand that you can automatically refresh data that has been imported from an external source into your excel file, but how do you automatically refresh the chart that was created from this external data feed? In article <4A79B4DB-A3F4-401A-B12B-E0AFFF4BAAD8@microsoft.com>, N_Richardson@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I understand that you can automatically refresh data that has been imported > from an external source into your excel file, but how do you automatically > refresh the chart that was created from this external data feed? > When the data in Excel ...

how find , business card options?
I just opened my publisher 2003 to make business cards...still number of things lacking in the program..But i clicked on NEW PUBLICATIONS menu and then PUBLICATION FOR PRINT menue and found i cant start with no design (blank) but rather must choose predefined template, for my business card..with the BUSINESS CARD OPTIONS TASK PANE on the left present. SO instead i went back and chose BLANK PUBLICATIONS menue under the NEW PUBLICATIONS MENU thogh now i do have blank (non templated) business card canvas to work with, there is now No BUSINESS CARD OPTION TASK PANE any longer. i dont seem ...

Cannot install Updates, SP1 SP2 Office for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a purchased version of Office for Mac 2008 Home and Student. I am trying to update #2 of 3 total allowable installs. <br><br>When I try to install any updates of SPs from the Microsoft sight, when the installation program looks at my &quot;Macintosh HD&quot; it immediately searches for additional disks. It doesn't find any, and says it cannot find an installed Office 2008 to upgrade. I reinstalled and tried again with no luck. <br><br>My Office folder is in Applica...

From event covering update of any control
I have a form with many controls displaying prices of different items. There are also other controls which determine which price is displayed in any of the first group of controls. I would like to only have to write the formula to total these price controls once. I would like for them to be totaled whenever any control on the form is updated. Is there a specific form event that I can use for this purpose? On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:26:48 -0700, Duck <charles.kendricks@charter.net> wrote: >I have a form with many controls displaying prices of different >items. There are also oth...

Changing Checkbook ID in Cash Receipts Entry should update Distri.
(Logged in behalf of customer, Maza) As stated in Support Incident 8143449: Cash Receipt Distribution, "While investigating why our checkbook balance and cash account balance don't match we came accross a major software flaw. When making a Cash Receipt entry, the minute you select a checkbook ID the distribution account will have the relevant GL Account, however if before posting you decide to change the checkbook ID, the distribution account does not automatically change to the new Checkbook ID. Furthermore, you may post the transaction and the system will not check if the che...

Business Cards #17
How do I make a two-sided business card to include additional information? Select, Insert, Page. You now have the back side (page 2) -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "threeqtrirish" <threeqtrirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71611C32-7213-4A60-8B80-C2EEFDBB37FB@microsoft.com... > How do I make a two-sided business card to include additional information? Are all the cards going to be alike? If so, simply insert a page. In Publisher 2007 select one of the Avery US Letter business card templates. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

MFC Update sample apps
Hi, I've downloaded and installed the 'feature' pack for VS2008, but I can't find the sample applications advertised in the help file. Does anyone know where they've been hidden? Cheers, Steph http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/482ck6x8.aspx ? Tom "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:BE0856C9-A417-4BCC-ABED-3F8DE8E9ADBC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I've downloaded and installed the 'feature' pack for VS2008, but I can't > find the sample applications advertised in the help file. > > Does anyone...

Money 2004 Small Business #2
Need info on how this version handles inventory, purchase orders. Can't find a demo. Also, I purchased 2004 Deluxe not knowing that there was a Small Business application. Do I have to purchase 2004 Small business separately or is there a way to download or upgrade at a savings? Thanks Don't bother with Small Business. I am trying to use it, and it is incapable of handling even the simplest of transactions. You can't even issue a credt on an invoice. >-----Original Message----- >Need info on how this version handles inventory, purchase >orders. Can't fin...

Business Portal Multicurrency Functionality #2
This is a must! North American companies need the ability to create purchase requisitions using Business Portal in currencies other than US $$. This should be considered for the next BP release. -- Jarrod Kraemer Cornerstone Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in ...

Business Portal: Setup error upgrading to Feature Pack
When upgrading from Business Portal 2.5 to Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack, the following error appeared halting the setup. The error is: Virtual Directory Backup Failed. Setup failed to locate the current BusinessPortal virtual directory. The next error is: The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2343. The arguments are: , , I did confirm a BusinessPortal virtual directory under the Default Web Site. Thanks in advance. Hi Are you using the domain admin account to upgrade BP? ...