Unable to send or receive - Help!

I just switched to Outlook 2003.  My ISP is set up
correctly and I get the confirmation message that
everything is set up correctly.  When I hit Send/Receive,
it goes through the process and acts as if there is no
mail to send or receive even though I know there is.  How
do I remedy this?
Andy
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Andy,

Here's one idea.

Open the Internet Accounts dialog: Tools | Accounts

Click the Mail tab

Click an Account; click the Properties button

Click the General tab (if it's not already selected)

Click the checkbox entitled "Include this account ...", if not already
checked

If no Mail Account has this item checked, nothing will be downloaded when
Send/Receive is clicked.

HTH,

Richard

"AndyN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just switched to Outlook 2003.  My ISP is set up
> correctly and I get the confirmation message that
> everything is set up correctly.  When I hit Send/Receive,
> it goes through the process and acts as if there is no
> mail to send or receive even though I know there is.  How
> do I remedy this?
> Andy

---

noone1 (387)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

can't send or receive emails

Excel and some disappeared sheets

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Outlook receiving zip files

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

unable to read file #7

no access to send internet email

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

How to receive photos sent to me without having to click on them
I have just started using Outlook 2007. I am unable to receive photos in the text email message. They all come as attachments. I cannot find any settings to allow direct insertion of photos into the email text message area. Help Please..... Outlook doesn't support inline images. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.asp for options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

unable to Delete shape
I am using Visio 2000 (6.01245), if i select a shape and press delete button on keyboard then shape dosent delete.Can anyone tell what is this problem.How can i resolve this problem. Kindly Help Asif Does object have gray boxes in corners when selected? If so, object has "protection". Menu/format/protection/uncheck/OK "Asif" <Asif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:289D3FD5-21DC-4584-9F0E-36CC56FF25B2@microsoft.com... >I am using Visio 2000 (6.01245), if i select a shape and press delete >button > on keyboard then shape dosent dele...