Unable to send from Outlook - 452 Space shortage

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following error message:

Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
(0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
the company seems to have this problem

Rob
3
rob6135 (4)

Hi Rob,

Do you know how large of email that is allowed to send via your smtp server?

Simply try to compose and send a smallest message by putting "This is a test" in subject line and see if the problem whether is
occurred again.

Indeed, 0x800CCC78 reflect the sender is invalid but I don't know why the server reply with "Space shortage, please try later".
Perhaps, the SMTP server that you reach is a smarthost and relay any emails to another designated email hosts.....

Regarding the error code, you could take a look with:
http://www.klaban.torun.pl/help/msoe_errors.html
http://www.isp-help.co.uk/ErrorCodes/outerror.htm

Hope this help,
Keith
MCP, MCSE, CCSA

--
Are you boring? Let's come to talk together... ^^

"Rob" <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote in message news:125d501c3f6da$ed290de0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'
>
> The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
> don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
> is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
> hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
> the company seems to have this problem
>
> Rob

0
Keith
2/19/2004 11:45:46 AM
Rob <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

This is a problem on the recipient's end, not yours.  You can't do anything
about it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Unable to delete empty database

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook