Unable to send from Outlook - 452 Space shortage

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following error message:

Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
(0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
the company seems to have this problem

Rob
2
rob6135 (2)

Hi Rob,

Do you know how large of email that is allowed to send via your smtp server?

Simply try to compose and send a smallest message by putting "This is a test" in subject line and see if the problem whether is
occurred again.

Indeed, 0x800CCC78 reflect the sender is invalid but I don't know why the server reply with "Space shortage, please try later".
Perhaps, the SMTP server that you reach is a smarthost and relay any emails to another designated email hosts.....

Regarding the error code, you could take a look with:
http://www.klaban.torun.pl/help/msoe_errors.html
http://www.isp-help.co.uk/ErrorCodes/outerror.htm

Hope this help,
Keith
MCP, MCSE, CCSA

--
Are you boring? Let's come to talk together... ^^

"Rob" <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote in message news:125d501c3f6da$ed290de0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'
>
> The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
> don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
> is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
> hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
> the company seems to have this problem
>
> Rob

0
Keith
2/19/2004 11:45:46 AM
Rob <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

This is a problem on the recipient's end, not yours.  You can't do anything
about it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Unable to llaunch FRx
Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today. When users try to launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen flashes for a second then disappears. There is no error message and no entry in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs. I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam Canada) reports show up. This was working fine yesterday. I reran the FRx index scripts but that did not resolve it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Jim Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But bac...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

outlook 98 corperate forms

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...

Rendering iframe in an outlook message
what settings (is it security) do I need to make to outlook 2003 to enable it to render an iframe HTML in a message? ...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003