Unable to send email to a certain address

I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send
email to it or reply. I get the following error message:

The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003
14:35:25 -0500
from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16]

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
errors -----
<rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us>
    (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name)

.... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.:
>>> MAIL From:<rjaekel@dicararubinoarchitects.com>
<<< 550 Can't verify your host name
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

I called the individual and had them check things on there
end and everyhting seems fine. As I said I can get the
emails from them but I can't send or reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0
rjaekel (1)

In article <099501c3ae0b$0d54a430$a001280a@phx.gbl>, Rob says...

>I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send
>email to it or reply. I get the following error message:
>
>The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003
>14:35:25 -0500
>from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16]
>
>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
>errors -----
><rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us>
>    (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name)
>
>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.:
><<< 550 Can't verify your host name
>554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
>I called the individual and had them check things on there
>end and everyhting seems fine. As I said I can get the
>emails from them but I can't send or reply.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks

This is not an Outlook issue -- it appears that your recipient is running some
kind of spam filter that objects to your mail server.  For example, your server
may be listed as an "open relay" in various anti-spam lists.  Best bet is to get
your friend to check with his system administrator/ISP about why your address
would bounce.  {Jonathan}

Rob wrote:
> I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send
> email to it or reply. I get the following error message:
>
> The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003
> 14:35:25 -0500
> from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16]
>
>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
> errors -----
> <rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us>
>     (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name)

> ... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.:
> <<< 550 Can't verify your host name
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
> I called the individual and had them check things on there
> end and everyhting seems fine. As I said I can get the
> emails from them but I can't send or reply.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

You didn't arrange an account with your ISP where you can run your own
SMTP server and transport your SMTP traffic across their domain.  That's
how spammers abuse a network, so ISPs will block the relaying of SMTP
traffic across their domain.

Or maybe you have to authenticate to their SMTP server, especially if
you are connecting to a different network (after all, unless you
authenticate either by logging onto their network or to their server to
prove you have an account with them, they won't know who the hell you
are).  Check the More Settings options for your e-mail account under
Outgoing Server to enable authentication (which can be tied to the same
username and password as used for the POP3 server or can separate
whether the same or different values than for the POP3 server).

no-email5651 (165)

Adding address to Outlook from Web
I search for phone numbers on the web, like InfoSpace White Pages/Yellow Pages, MSN, etc... and when the name, address and phone number would come up, there would be an icon that read "Add to Outlook", I would click that and it would create a "vcf" file, then I would save to Desktop and then import into Outlook. I can't find that feature anymore. I've tried several phone number look up web pages. Anyone know of a web page that offers the "Add to Outlook"? That makes it handy to add addresses to my contacts folder. Thanks! DAvid ----------------------...

Custom address list and OU members
How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an specific Organization Unit. Jens Erik You'll have to come with another identifier to add to each AD object within the OU. For example, set a common value for dept then base the LDAP filter on that value. Nue "Jens Erik" <Jens Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9F426F8-8BBA-46CF-8BC5-F9C960A07D87@microsoft.com... > How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an > specific > Organization Unit. > > Jens Erik Is'nt there any attribute whi...

Want to send email from Draft folder
how do I do this or what is the alternative? You double click on it and then click Send. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "goldfish" <goldfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007C88E2-D34B-476F-AA0B-DF168AE1F648@microsoft.com... > how do I do this or what is the alternative? Open the message(required), then click Send to place the message in the = Outbox folder - Click Send/Receive to send the message (required unless you have WLM = configured to send automatically) -- ....winston ms-m...

How do I use the Outlook Address Book in Word 2007
Our company used to use Groupwise along with Word 2007. I could do individual envelopes using the address book on Groupwise. Now we have Outlook 2007 and my address book was migrated to Word. But when I try to do an individual envelope and click on the Outlook Address Book, it says there are no entries in the address book. Do I have to re-do all my addresses in Outlook? Or is there a way to access this address book? Do you have a choice to use the Outlook Contacts Folder? Try that instead if you do. Also, ensure your Outlook address Book Service is installed. -- Milly Stap...

Send/Receive Error messages
This message or a similar one shows up when I try to send receive messages in Outlook or Outlook Express. Task 'pop.earthlink.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR syntax error' I have contacted my ISP and I am told that it is a Microsoft issue. I have re-installed Office 2003 and Windows XP. Nothing seems to help. I'm just a little b...

recipient policy/ not deleting old email
Hi all, I have been testing a 30 day email retention policy on exchange 2003 sp2, for Oultook 2003 inbox, sent items and deleted items folders. All test mailboxes are being processed but not all mail past the 30 day limit is being deleted. The biggest problem seems to be with removing old deleted items. We migrated email from groupwise to exchange a few months ago. Don't know if this is related. Thanks. Because of the migration, and other factors, the message dates for items might be different than you expect. Message age limit properties that are used by mailbox manag...

I keep getting an error message when I try to send an email.
Please help...recently changed from MAC Entourage to Windows Outlook. I cannot send emails but can receive with no problem. I checked with local provider and said it's not their problem as I am set up correctly with POP and SMTP servers. Here is the message I keep receiving: Task 'mail.adelphia.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Any suggestions? Thanks! "prb...

how do i use my yahoo email with outlook?
i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:43:36 -0800, nichole123 <nichole123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an >email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address first, have you paid for a yahoo pop account? you can SEND e-mail from your yahoo e-mail address but you can't RECEIVE yahoo e-mail from that account without paying yahoo for that. second, the POP (inbound) server ...

worksflow sending email to multiple external addresses not possibl
We have a case form on which both the client account (standard entitiy) as well as the responsible vendor account (a custom entity) are linked. When a case is generated, we want the case to be sent to the vendor automatically, using workflow. When creating the workflow to send the e-mail, it does not seem possible to select an e-mail address associated with the vendor (custom entity); only the 'regular' LOGICAL USER/ACCOUNT/CONTACT etc are selectable. Am I missing something here? Grateful, Henri You are not missing anything. You are severaly limited in who you can send to. ...

one key adding email account to Blocked sender list
Hi, Can any one tell me how to set an email account to the "Blocked Senders List" with a hot key rather then the right mouse-junk mail-add sender to blocked process? I don't want to do a lot of 'mousing-around', just set the msg sender onto the block sender list quickly and move on. Thanks, Hal ...

I can receive and Forward, but I cant send
De: "Victor Banquy" <victor.banquy@neuf.fr> Objet: I can receive and Forward, but I cant send Date: vendredi 20 août 2010 15:17 I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot of people of the microsoft group But the difference is : in the dialogue box it is written : you have to update Windows. I updated Windows a lot of times and the problem is not solved I see that no body knows the solution, but MicroSoft staff ? What are they doing ?? Help The connection to the server has failed. Accoun...

Transfer HTML emails to computer automaticly?
How do you make Outlook automaticly move the "Inbox on MSN" e-mails into the regular Inbox, with the rest of my e-mails? You can't - you must move them manually. Rules do not work with MSN accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Dyan asked: | How do you make Outlook automaticly move the "Inbox on MSN" e-mails | into the regular Inbox, with the rest of my e-mails? ...

CRM 3.0 / Blackberry Email Tracking
We are looking for a solution to allow Blackberry / CRM 3.0 users track emails sent from thier Blackberry, similiar to the "Track in Crm" functionality available in the Outlook CRM Add-In. The 10digits product does not track email activity. I would think someone out there has needed this functionality on Blackberry w / CRM 3.0 Marty If Tendigit doesn't have the capability to do this, it maybe pretty difficult. They are the primary add-on for Blackberry and MSCRM 3.0. Did Tendigit say anything about their future plan tolsupport this feature? Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http:/...

Silently drop incoming messages if address doesn't match AD
Is this possible to do with W2K3/Exchange2003? Can implement Recipient Filtering, rejects message before DATA portion is transmitted but still sends ndr unless you disable NDRs completely from smtp vs. Can use it along with smtp tar pitting. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842851 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F841BDFF-F6B8-4AF8-A5C8-F0744CE5A4D4@microsoft.com... > Is this possible to do with W2K3/Exchange2003? Thanks, let me give this a shot. "Bharat Suneja"...

Excel won't allow me to paste certain Turkish characters.
I need to copy some text with Turkish characters from a Word document and paste into Excel. Excel does not recognise the Turkish charcters and they appear as "?". you will either need o load the Turkish fonts or use Print screen or some other method to copy as picture the section you want to paste. "neil" wrote: > I need to copy some text with Turkish characters from a Word document and > paste into Excel. Excel does not recognise the Turkish charcters and they > appear as "?". ...

Sending email from Outlook 2002
Hi, One of my users is sending a email but it sends it twice. It happends not all the time. Did somebody heard from it?? With kind regards, danny ...

check external email accounts
How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on sbs2003? You will need a POP client such as Outlook Express or Outlook 2002 and above can provide this function for additional accounts. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Diana" <diana@ezstore.com> wrote in message news:017101c3d6ed$2a5ce4b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on > sbs2003? ...

serialize address ID for customers
We would like our address ids to be automatically allotted sequentially starting 10001. We do not have VBA. Can this be done straight through sql? Sincerely, James No, you would have to use Dexterity or vba to do this as there isn't anything in GP that "defaults" address id's. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB00187-F74E-492A-BC4E-643F9091840F@microsoft.com... > We would like our address ids to be auto...

IMAP address on exchange sever

Addresses
Can anyone explain how the additional addresses on the Account and Contact forms interact with the Address1 and Address2 on the main form? Coming from a GP mentality, I would expect the 'main' address to be easily switched from the other addresses. What role do the additional addresses play with CRM (specifically 4.0), and, if it is as limited as it looks, has anyone done anything to extend the capabilities? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_84209C48 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi cindy, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support...

Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)
Okay, this is insanse. Have a spreadsheet where I input data into one cell, a calculation based on that data is run via vb macro, and then a single column of data with 80 rows is generated. CellA1 CellA2 .... CellA80 I need two things: One: I need all 80 results printed onto Avery 5267 format sheets of Labels. I will need four copies of each label, and I need the sheet to print EXACTLY like this (not allowed to vary on this): CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 etc ... Two: I would like to NOT use Word. I've tried formatting the cel...

can't display address properties
our envirnment is exchange2k3 sp2 and outlook2k3. In outlook,open a message,double click local domain sender/recipient, we can't get address properties,if we double click external domain sender,it's no problem. how do i setup it in exchange server that we can get local domain sender address information? thanks jack ...

Programs to open links in Email
Hi I have this problem with Outlook. When I click on a link in an email I get the Following message Nvidia Windows 2000/XP display Drivers (install shield and setup) Antivirus software running, please select no, Disable the software, then restrat setup Otherwise click yes to continue. Whether I click yes or no does not matter as the link does not work. The big thing is are even if i nstall the software it does not help.I am using an ATI 9600 All in Wonder Video Card not an NVIDIA software or video card and have not used one for months William komar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Getting rid of duplicate emails
Outlook 2002 (XP): I have emails coming from several courts and often there are duplicates (subject lines is always the same). Is there any way to search for and delete duplicate emails. I use the Rules Wizard to sort them somewhat, but cannot figure out how to eliminate those pesky duplicates. Is there a utility or 3rd party software? Or perhaps Rules Wizard can and I just have not figured out how yet. Thanks for any help. Sharon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a utility or 3rd party > software? Plenty. Here's one: http://www.sperrysoftware.c...

Keyboard shortcut for sending a document attached to an e-mail
I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut to send a document (the one I am in) as an attachment to an e-mail. I have placed an icon in my Quick Access Toolbar, but I would like to create a keyboard shortcut as well. Use the Customize Keyboard dialog box to assign a shortcut to the FileSendMail command. To display the dialog box, you can right-click the QAT and choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar from the context menu. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "TByrd" <TByrd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE06E4A-D5B3-4AF9-97C0-26B9D87B...