Unable to save .GIf files in Outlook 03

How do I save .gif files in outlook 03? I can see it, if I try to save it it saves as .bmp. I can however save .gif files in Outlook Express?

0
Tink (10)

This is because they are embedded. You can get them out with some VBA. A
step by step can be found here;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I save .gif files in outlook 03? I can see it, if I try to save it
> it saves as .bmp. I can however save .gif files in Outlook Express?

0
Roady
6/14/2004 8:32:57 PM
Phew Finaly I DID It Thanks I guess you can't just right click and save as for .gifs. But at least it works now. Thanks.
One other question for you When inserting  .jpg pictures in an Email it makes them larger then there suppose to be. How do I correct this? (crosses fingers and hopes there is a solution) I love the look of the new outlook, if I can resolve this last thing I can start to use it.
Thanks

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> This is because they are embedded. You can get them out with some VBA. A
> step by step can be found here;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I save .gif files in outlook 03? I can see it, if I try to save it
> > it saves as .bmp. I can however save .gif files in Outlook Express?

0
Tink (10)
6/15/2004 2:07:02 AM
You're welcome! :-)

Larger in what way? In pixel size or in KB size? Are you inserting the
picture in-line or as an attachment? If in-line; are you using Word or
Outlook as e-mail editor?

--

> Phew Finaly I DID It Thanks I guess you can't just right click and save as
> for .gifs. But at least it works now. Thanks.
> One other question for you When inserting  .jpg pictures in an Email it
> makes them larger then there suppose to be. How do I correct this?
> (crosses fingers and hopes there is a solution) I love the look of the new
> outlook, if I can resolve this last thing I can start to use it.
> Thanks
>

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> This is because they are embedded. You can get them out with some VBA. A
>> step by step can be found here;
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I save .gif files in outlook 03? I can see it, if I try to save
>> > it
>> > it saves as .bmp. I can however save .gif files in Outlook Express?

0
Roady
6/15/2004 8:06:45 AM
You can check your e-mail editor by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Mail
Format.

Unless needed you should always attach the file instead of inserting it
in-line. Just press the paperclip icon to aatch it instead.

--

> It seems to be the size of the picture. I click the picture icon to insert
> picture (I do it the same way in both outlook express and Outlook 03) In
> outlook 03 the size is larger making it look awful. In outlook express its
> just fine.
>
> I'm not exactly positive I'm looking in the write place for who my Email
> editor is. Under IE>Tools>Internet Options>Program tab.... HTML editor is
> Microsoft Office Word, Email outlook, Calendear and contact list microsoft
> office outlook.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You're welcome! :-)
>>
>> Larger in what way? In pixel size or in KB size? Are you inserting the
>> picture in-line or as an attachment? If in-line; are you using Word or
>> Outlook as e-mail editor?
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Phew Finaly I DID It Thanks I guess you can't just right click and save
>> > as
>> > for .gifs. But at least it works now. Thanks.
>> > One other question for you When inserting  .jpg pictures in an Email it
>> > makes them larger then there suppose to be. How do I correct this?
>> > (crosses fingers and hopes there is a solution) I love the look of the
>> > new
>> > outlook, if I can resolve this last thing I can start to use it.
>> > Thanks

0
Roady
6/15/2004 5:47:31 PM
It's microsoft Office Word for the editor. If I use the paper clip icon then who I sent it to wont they have to download it to see it? I didn't have to do this with Outlook Express and I can few the same exact picture just fine with outlook exp. just not with outlook 03.

I'm in some groups that makes and sends 'tags' there pictures and we send tubes ect in mail, this is why it's so important to me to not distort the image and to be able to see it when they get the mail from me.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> You can check your e-mail editor by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Mail
> Format.
>
> Unless needed you should always attach the file instead of inserting it
> in-line. Just press the paperclip icon to aatch it instead.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It seems to be the size of the picture. I click the picture icon to insert
> > picture (I do it the same way in both outlook express and Outlook 03) In
> > outlook 03 the size is larger making it look awful. In outlook express its
> > just fine.
> >
> > I'm not exactly positive I'm looking in the write place for who my Email
> > editor is. Under IE>Tools>Internet Options>Program tab.... HTML editor is
> > Microsoft Office Word, Email outlook, Calendear and contact list microsoft
> > office outlook.
> >

> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You're welcome! :-)
> >>
> >> Larger in what way? In pixel size or in KB size? Are you inserting the
> >> picture in-line or as an attachment? If in-line; are you using Word or
> >> Outlook as e-mail editor?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> www.howto-outlook.com
> >>
> >> Tips of the month:
> >> -Creating Signatures
> >> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
> >>
> >> -----
> >> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Tink (10)
6/15/2004 9:03:02 PM
There is no difference in downloading; you always download a file or
otherwise you can't open it. Attaching it is the way to go.

--

> It's microsoft Office Word for the editor. If I use the paper clip icon
> then who I sent it to wont they have to download it to see it? I didn't
> have to do this with Outlook Express and I can few the same exact picture
> just fine with outlook exp. just not with outlook 03.
>
> I'm in some groups that makes and sends 'tags' there pictures and we send
> tubes ect in mail, this is why it's so important to me to not distort the
> image and to be able to see it when they get the mail from me.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can check your e-mail editor by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Mail
>> Format.
>>
>> Unless needed you should always attach the file instead of inserting it
>> in-line. Just press the paperclip icon to aatch it instead.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It seems to be the size of the picture. I click the picture icon to
>> > insert
>> > picture (I do it the same way in both outlook express and Outlook 03)
>> > In
>> > outlook 03 the size is larger making it look awful. In outlook express
>> > its
>> > just fine.
>> >
>> > I'm not exactly positive I'm looking in the write place for who my
>> > Email
>> > editor is. Under IE>Tools>Internet Options>Program tab.... HTML editor
>> > is
>> > Microsoft Office Word, Email outlook, Calendear and contact list
>> > microsoft
>> > office outlook.

0
Roady
6/16/2004 7:55:39 AM
Well I'm not happy about it roady. I'm glad I can save .gif's now but
some things need to be in certain places in the mail. I just will use Outlook Express, it's a shame they had to change the way that works.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> There is no difference in downloading; you always download a file or
> otherwise you can't open it. Attaching it is the way to go.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It's microsoft Office Word for the editor. If I use the paper clip icon
> > then who I sent it to wont they have to download it to see it? I didn't
> > have to do this with Outlook Express and I can few the same exact picture
> > just fine with outlook exp. just not with outlook 03.
> >
> > I'm in some groups that makes and sends 'tags' there pictures and we send
> > tubes ect in mail, this is why it's so important to me to not distort the
> > image and to be able to see it when they get the mail from me.
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You can check your e-mail editor by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Mail
> >> Format.
> >>
> >> Unless needed you should always attach the file instead of inserting it
> >> in-line. Just press the paperclip icon to aatch it instead.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> www.howto-outlook.com
> >>
> >> Tips of the month:
> >> -Creating Signatures
> >> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
> >>
> >> -----
> >> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Tink (10)
6/16/2004 11:03:01 PM
Alright, if that is important; Embedding pictures works better with Outlook
as the e-mail editor. Word converts the pictures to page and document size
where Outlook simply embeds it.

--

> Well I'm not happy about it roady. I'm glad I can save .gif's now but
> some things need to be in certain places in the mail. I just will use
> Outlook Express, it's a shame they had to change the way that works.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is no difference in downloading; you always download a file or
>> otherwise you can't open it. Attaching it is the way to go.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It's microsoft Office Word for the editor. If I use the paper clip icon
>> > then who I sent it to wont they have to download it to see it? I didn't
>> > have to do this with Outlook Express and I can few the same exact
>> > picture
>> > just fine with outlook exp. just not with outlook 03.
>> >
>> > I'm in some groups that makes and sends 'tags' there pictures and we
>> > send
>> > tubes ect in mail, this is why it's so important to me to not distort
>> > the
>> > image and to be able to see it when they get the mail from me.

0
Roady
6/17/2004 8:01:04 AM
Ok How do I change that? I see no Outlook there to change it.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Alright, if that is important; Embedding pictures works better with Outlook
> as the e-mail editor. Word converts the pictures to page and document size
> where Outlook simply embeds it.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well I'm not happy about it roady. I'm glad I can save .gif's now but
> > some things need to be in certain places in the mail. I just will use
> > Outlook Express, it's a shame they had to change the way that works.
> >

> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> There is no difference in downloading; you always download a file or
> >> otherwise you can't open it. Attaching it is the way to go.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> www.howto-outlook.com
> >>
> >> Tips of the month:
> >> -Creating Signatures
> >> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
> >>
> >> -----
> >> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Tink (10)
6/18/2004 9:16:01 PM

> Ok How do I change that? I see no Outlook there to change it.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Alright, if that is important; Embedding pictures works better with
>> Outlook
>> as the e-mail editor. Word converts the pictures to page and document
>> size
>> where Outlook simply embeds it.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well I'm not happy about it roady. I'm glad I can save .gif's now but
>> > some things need to be in certain places in the mail. I just will use
>> > Outlook Express, it's a shame they had to change the way that works.

0
Roady
6/19/2004 8:57:22 AM
Ok I wasn't sure if I was to uncheck the check for Word as the Edditor I did and now when inserting the image its fine. Thanks

0
Tink (10)
6/21/2004 10:36:01 PM
You're welcome! :-)

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
> Ok I wasn't sure if I was to uncheck the check for Word as the Edditor I
> did and now when inserting the image its fine. Thanks
>

> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok How do I change that? I see no Outlook there to change it.

0
Roady

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

after saving to cd many times. now says read only?
i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my hard drive? nsturre wrote: > i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of > a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my > hard drive? Unless you have formatted your CDRW for packet writing, then yes, it will be Read only. CDROM = CD Read Only Memory! -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Just ...

Outlook user profiles

Synchronise Outlook 2003

How to transpose in excel file

MBF file won't open...am I hosed???
In my previous computer I had a flaky hard drive. While it still worked I backed up all my important files to CD's and DVD's. Since I dutifully backed up my MNY file (to two locations) each time I used my Money 2001 I didn't think to copy my MNY file I merely copied the MBF files from those locations. Once, I had to use that an MBF file as my MNY file was corrupt and it worked flawlessly. I saw no reason why it shouldn't do so again. Plus I was in panic mode to get all the data possible from the dying HD. Now that I have a new computer I installed my copy of MM 2001 and wh...

excel file can't be opened #2

Sharing Outlook #2

Unable to go back online with SOF
I was checking the offline capabilities of SOF but now I can't go back online. It gives me "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.". I can access the website perfectly from that machine. Is there a place where I can check what the specified domain is? -- Development Consultant Asyst International - South Africa Microsoft CRM - South Africa Open Forum http://www.asyst.co.za/crmforum HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM Have you tried removing the crmaddin.dll and re-adding it? I would recommend retracing what the user did (assuming ...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

How do you check out a file from a link
I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top of my screen. This function does work for a word document in the same library. Please can you advise. Thanks With your browser, go to the Library where the document is located and check out from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 15:44, Tracey T wrote: > I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When > I open the file the option to 'check out the fi...

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

Outlook Signatures #4

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Rename project file
Hello, How do you rename a project file? TIA, Jacques If you're still using version 6 this program works pretty well. http://www.ucancode.net/Products/free%20product/toolbox.htm Tom "Jacques Cooper" <jcooper@jcsoftware.net> wrote in message news:eYU%23fWSSDHA.2852@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How do you rename a project file? > > TIA, > Jacques > > ...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

how to convert word file into excel file
If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file please let me know. I am unable to do so. Help me Rizwan Wrote: > If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file > please > let me know. > I am unable to do so. > > Help me Hi Rizwan Try Copy and Paste -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467752 Dear Pau...

Re: merging a pub file into a pub document?
GbH wrote: > I'm sure I've seen this somewhere in here or a similar newsgroup. > Someone clever has written a script that will import a publisher > document into an existing/open publisher document. > Please can somebody point me at it. > > -- Also why did my post seem to disappear off the server before I could read it? -- -- Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could remember the darn question Both of your posts show -- Don Vancouver, USA up here. "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:u7JmyS0d...