Unable to Retrieve E-mail

After setting up Outlook 2003, I receive the following
error message when retrieving my e-mail and do not
recieve any of my mail...
"
Task 'Mary Rose Mail - Receiving' reported error
(0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was
interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your
server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
The server responded: +OK 48526 octets'
"
I can go to Yahoo and set up my POP to successfully
retrieve my mail.  Even when I test the e-mail account
using the tester in Outlook, it says all is well.  My ISP
is at a loss.  Can anyone help?
0
anonymous (74722)

mail backup #3
hai how to take mail server backup to tape drive. ...

Retrieving email messages
I get two error messages and I am not able to get all my messages off the server. 1. Navapw32 [Not responding] 2. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists - start Outlook again. When I restart outlook I still am not able to get the messages off the server. Help!! On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:32:07 -0700, "Cathe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get two error messages and I am not able to get all my >messages off the server. >1. Navapw32 [Not responding] >2. The messaging interface has returned an unknown ...

Exchange outbound mail
Hi Exchange Users, i'm new to exchange and wondering if you can help. MS Exchange is working fine but there is a minor thing with the outgoing side if things. Can i configure Exchange to sent mail to my Domain Providers SMTP Server ? (belive you can since it could be done in Exchange Server 5.5) I use POP Beamer to download from my Domain Providers POP3 server and forwards to the Exchange Server. specify your Domain Provider's SMTP server as a smart host "Steven Jones" <steven45@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9595AB1002D8Csteven45ntlworldcom@194.168.222...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

550 5.7 1 Unable to relay
I am running a web server on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition syste and just installed Exchanger Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. I ca receive emails into the server from outside the network, and ca receive and send emails within the network, however, I cannot sen emails outside the network - I get a Unable to relay message. What i causing this message to appear? I looked everywhere on the system. went into Exchange System Manager, tried making changes in the Rela Tab - nothing happened. Not sure where else to look. I have ports 2 and 110 open on the router - bothing pointing to the IP addre...

Excel and Windows Live Mail
Hi all I update my Mail add-in and VBA code examples to avoid the error if you use Windows Live Mail as your default mail program. More information in the blog post : http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2010/04/25/windows-live-mail-wlm-and-excel-problem-part-two/ If you have problems let me know so I can update the code/add-in if needed Thanks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Internal mail address
I have a query based distribution group witch contain all mu local users. I want only local users to send mail to it. How can i accomplish this. in message restrictions i have selected to accept messages from authentical users only, but i still got mail from the outside to it. Terje Hi Terje, Instead of selecting "From authenticated users", just chose "Only from:" then click Add and type the name of your Query-based Distribution group. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro & Server Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.exchangeis.com "Terje Sundb´┐Że&q...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

Exporting Junk E-mail Senders
Here's a funky question that I can't figure out the solution. Is there a way to export junk and adult content e-mail senders so that I can keep Outlook filtering the same addresses both at home and at the office? Thanks. ...

Need help re settting default font for Create Mail
Can anyone help me with this? When I go to Options>Compose>Font Settings (Outlook 6), I change it to Courier New, size 12. But when I hit Compose button to the Create Mail button, to compose a new e-mail, it gives me Arial Font size 10. Now, I tried creating a Stationery template that would give me Courier New size 12. I opened an e-mail, set it to Courier New size 12, and then used Save As and saved it as a Stationery under the name Courier. But when I use the drop down menu under Create Mail and choose that template, and go to write the e-mail, it does not give me the Courier that ...

Deinstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Mail
A few months ago, I tried installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers, and found that the installation did not complete properly, apparantly because it was unable to handle importing Windows Mail storage folders containing very large numbers of unread newsgroup posts (such as 149,000). Within the last week, I tried installing WLM on another of my computers with much less in its storage folders; that succeeded and gave me a better user interface. Is it possibly to deinstall WLM from the first computer, along with its rather incomplete messages database, and start over...

Disappering mail from exchange 2003
I setup my exchange to receive mail directly, not through my ISP. My client use Outlook 2003 and pull their mail localy to their *pst file. At night all Clients are closed, so the mail stay in the exchange until client login and pull the mail. However, a couple of times, My server wentdown at night, and all the mail in the exchange boxes disappears. It did happens more than twice, The queation is why the mail disappears, and were it is. ??? any help That could be a number of reasons. How exactly your server went down? Khalil wrote: > I setup my exchange to receive mail directly...

Pictures in received mail using outlook 2000
When I used outlook express and someone sent me an e-mail with pictures, they would show in the body of the message....in outlook express they just appear as icons at the end of the message.... how can I get these pictures to appear in the body of the message in outlook? Thanks for your help! ...

UPC A and E barcodes
i developed a database in which I have UPC A and E codes. For the products that only had UPC - E codes i computed UPC A code. For products that only have the UPC E codes, i computed the UPC A code. I now have UPC A and E codes for all products. Is there anyway to load both codes into RMS and have RMS use one as the primary lookup and the other as the secondary lookup. For example, a can of coca-cola 12 oz can have both a upc a and e barcode. when this product is scanned i first want rms to look at the upc a code field for a match then look at the upc e code field for a match. ...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

Windows Mail
Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer sent for outgoing mail at five minutes. The outing blue bar moves real slow and when it gets about three quarters for finishing it stops and says server stopped working. What is the size of this file? Please post the error message verbatim. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Walter Chimack" <WalterChimack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7248DDC-9599-47AD-8447-482203F6C2D7@microsoft.com... > Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer...

blocking mail
Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to >have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >. >Yes, Create folder called "Accepted Email" then using Message Rules, set it so that any email that is "From" (choose everyone in your address book) goes into the "Accepted Email" folder. Then check In Box to see if anyone you know might have new email address. In reverse you could choose to have ...

unable to read file #2
For some reason all of a sudden I am trying to open a Workbook and I am getting an "unable to read file". This is a workbook that I have opened before. It is a workbook that I "Save AS" and change the name with new data on a weekly basis so I have data for every week since april. I can open every week but for some reason can not open this one. Any suggestions as to what I can do? thanks Try 'www.fdrlab.com' (http://www.fdrlab.com/repair.html) They can recover corrupt workbooks with all contained information including comments, VBA, charts, links etc. 35$ ...

Unable to connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2003 Server
Cross posted to: microsoft.public.outlook microsoft.public.exchange Experts Exchange - http://tinyurl.com/ywwcdu Petri.co.il -http://tinyurl.com/2cxuln I have a client who has just taken delivery of two new laptops running Windows XP Pro SP2 and Office 2007. All service packs and patches have been applied. The server is a Windows 2003 SBS Premium, with all patches and service packs applied. There are 6 existing XP computers running Office 2003 with no problems. When I start Outlook 2007 for the first time, with no profile created, it tries to autodetect the settings for Exchange. It det...

Moving mails to a different user
One of our employee had quit and we want to move all his current and new emails to other employee (who already has a mail box). How could this be achieved? Thanks in advance. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 you can either just rename the account of the person who's left to the new person's name; or you could (if you have mailbox retention configured) delete the mailbox, then after cleanup is run, attach the mailbox to the new user's account - re-add the departed user's original smtp address as a secondary address; or you use exmerge to make a copy of the old user...

Outlook changes mail settings
I have two questions. 1. Every time I reboot my computer I have to go to outlook and change the settings (the username and the pop server). Is there a solution for this? 2. I am getting about 20 email that say they are from microsoft and they contain viruses I do not open then and I do not have any viruses on my computer, I have scanned about 20 times and have not found anything. I have also followed the steps from my antivirues software on removing the SWEN_A virus and there is nothing there. Is there away to get these email to stop other then changing email? (I love my email address)...

WSS Email notification is not sending the e-mails
The email notification is set on for my lists. This should send an e-mail whenever the owner is assigned, but we get no e-mails. We're using an "Assigned to" field, thinking this is the owner. Is this correct or do I need something else? Thanks ...

Need help with Autocomplete for e-mail addresses
We recently upgraded my computer at work to Office 2003. When we did I imported by contacts from my old program so I have all of that information, however when I go to send an e-mail, the only autocomplete addresses I have are those that I've sent or received e-mail from since the conversion. Is there anyway to get Outlook to read the e-mail addresses from my contacts too. Plus, the other annoying thing is I can't type in say Joe Jones to get his e-mail to come up. I actually have to start typing in the person's e-mail address, which I don't really know off of the to...

cant login to windows mail
every time i login try to log into my windows mail it says that i need to verify the login i do it over and over again ang i have never gotten it set up help me please There is no login for the Windows Mail program. You do need to enter the username & password to connect to your email account on its server. Are you perhaps trying to access a free Yahoo account, that doesn't have POP3 access? -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "kb" wrote in message news:A9A834FF-A...