Unable to repy using word editor

When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following
message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor,
but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form
will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found
article 284900, that states you may get this message when
you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same
computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office
2000 does not exist, only office xp.

Can anyone help me?
0
Jcarine (1)

There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have
no solution. Here are a few that do:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284900
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319796
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q196871
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q223934

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"James Carine" <Jcarine@Optonline.net> wrote in message
> When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following
> message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor,
> but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form
> will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found
> article 284900, that states you may get this message when
> you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same
> computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office
> 2000 does not exist, only office xp.
>
> Can anyone help me?

0
russval (3097)

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

using if function..please help
i am trying to use the if function in the following manner. A B apple red apple red grapes purple grapes yellow star n/a if(B1:B5="n/a",0,countif(A1:A5, "star") I want to use this formula not only for 'star' but also for 'apple' and grapes' and many more such fruits which might have n/a later. But, everytime I use this formula it returns a 1..should it not return a 0 for when the value in B is n/a? Please help.. Thank you Are you trying to say that if any c...

Where to use static constructor and static class
dear friends Can you tell me in which scenario we have to use static class and static constructor? Thanks in advance Ashok kumar wrote: > dear friends > Can you tell me in which scenario we have to use static class and > static constructor? Use a static class when you want to implement functionality that does not require per-instance state (i.e. all consumers of the class can share the state). Use a static constructor when you need to initialize state in a class that is shared by all consumers of the class. Pete ...

Could You Use $10,000 in the Next 30 Days.....Risk Free?
Could you use $10,000 in 30 days Risk-Free? Introducing a revolutionary new downline building system!! Free to join! Build your downline and be in MASSIVE PROFIT BEFORE you spend one single penny! You could be making over $10,000 just 30 days from now! And it's totally Risk-Free!! If you're tired of wasting money trying to make money then you will LOVE this system!! It eliminates every problem in building a downline as it's totally automated and duplicatable by everyone! This is as easy as breathing! So don't waste a second!... You could be just 30 days from Financial Freed...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

Discount using two different items?
Hello, I have two different items one sellf for $11.99 and the other for $3.99 is there any way to set it up so that if a customer buys the item for $11.99 that they can get the $3.99 item for $2.99 -- Thank You,; Vince Did you try to setup Mix and Match discount? Jamil. "Vince" wrote: > Hello, I have two different items one sellf for $11.99 and the other for > $3.99 is there any way to set it up so that if a customer buys the item for > $11.99 that they can get the $3.99 item for $2.99 > -- > Thank You,; > Vince ...

How to set right margin in the Endnotes in Word?
I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. If you want the notes to have a different margin from the page, you can apply an indent (positive or negative) to the Endnote Text style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ounbbl" <Ounbbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:826849B3-FED1-411D-906E-489FB29F1A00@microsoft.com... >I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. > ...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

Using Hyperlinks within Userforms
Hi all, I have a Userform with various command buttons in place. What I'm trying to do is allow users to be able to open various Word documents when they click on these command buttons via the use of hyperlinks embedded within the click event of each command button. So if they click on one of the command buttons it opens one Word document, and if they click another, it opens the second Word document etc. etc. It would be ideal to have the Userform to always remain displayed, so the documents open in the background, and the Userform always has the focus... then once the desired documents...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...

Doing a VLOOKUP (probably using the INDEX and MATCH function), with both vertical and horizontal values in play.
I am trying to create a function that will pull in data from a 2nd spreadsheet. Typically, I use the index and match function to do so. However, in this case, I am trying to do a lookup based on a value above (i.e., horizontal) and a value to the right (i.e., vertical) of the cell in which the formula will be placed. Additionally, the sheet from which I am pulling is similarly laid out. To Provide an example. Lookup Table Months (horizontal) Jan Feb Mar Apr Etc Names(vertical) Jeff Eric 5 Steve ...

How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?
I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes. I did some updates to it and now the boxes won't check. What can I do to get them to check and un-check again? Protect the document for forms. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Danieldh" <Da...

Using a spread sheet for e-mail addresses
I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is there a way to copy the e-mail addresses into the To box (bcc) of an outgoing e-mail without first installing them in my contacts folder? Thanks, Len Urban Save the column as a text file, open the file in Word or your favorite text editor, replace all the line endings with semicolons, and paste it all into the BCC field. -Peter "Len Urban" <lturban@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hgVph.373$9B6.212@trnddc07... >I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is >ther...

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2004 Updates
I tried both the auto-update from within an individual office product (Excel) as well as the download from the Microsoft website. In both cases I am able to download the update, but once it starts it gives me an error message that says: Software could not locate the correct version of the software reqruired to install this update. Upon checking Component Plugin it shows that I have installed 11.2.5 (060523). I have tried to install Office 2004 Update 11.2.6 as well as 11.3.0 and neither one works - both give me the same error as above. Office 2004 works fine and I have no problems running...

reconcile Inventory with General Ledger when using Average Perpetu
The customer wants to have the ability to reconcile their inventory balances with the general ledger accounts when Average costing is being used. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

Using the combo box from the forms toobar
When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? Hi R, > When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? You can't. The combo box from the forms toolbar is a fixed font. If you need a different font, you'll have to use the combobox from the control toolbox. Re...

Word excel questions
Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel. My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial version for free until she is able to return to school? I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance -- Thanks so very much fo...

Word documents are re-formatted to an undesired font on opening
I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the styles have Times New Roman and different font sizes. How did you change the styles? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "KeithCC" <KeithCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C7387D1-C9F8-4E37-AF7F-7CD79CAC2042@microsoft.com... >I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the >styles > have Times New Roman and different font sizes. ...

Column format when merging Excel data to Word labels
I have a four column Excel spreadsheet which I have Mail Merged into Word to create labels. One of the columns in Excel contains a list of four digit numbers. Some of those numbers begin with a zero. When I have merged the data into Word labels, the four digit numbers starting with a zero have the zero missing. I have tried all sorts of number formats in Excel but can't get the zeros to stay there when merged to Word. Can anyone help???? I'm using Office 2003. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Wo...

What event to use in a field property on a from
In my form Souls field Age I want to have this field calculate the current age of the soul from the field DOB that is also in the form. DOB is a formated date and AGE is formated General Number 0 decimals. What is the best event to use when adding or updateing the record. The DOB may be blank in some instances and then be updated at some later time. Thank You in advance for all the help. I am using Ver 2007 You should not be storing the Age in a table. Instead, you should calculate it in a query, and use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. To compute Age, g...

saving word docs to my mac desktop

Using Access to create an appointment and add attendees
Hi i am using Access to create an appointment in outlook. I have the code for creating the appointment but i am struggling to add attendees. This is what i have so far; DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objAppt As Outlook.AppointmentItem Dim objRecurPattern As Outlook.RecurrencePattern Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objAppt = objOutlook.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With objAppt .Start = Est_Finish_Date .Subject = Component ...

Frequently used formulas
Is there a way to access frequently used formulas easily? I have a report where I need to import the data and then type in the same formula each time in order to create analyzable results. Is there a quicker way? Thanks I'm not sure this will work well for you, but it might be worth a try. Why not create a workbook with just the formulas in place, but without the data? Then you'd open that workbook, import the data into it and save it out with a new name? If that's not good for you, perhaps simply copying the formulas into a notepad (.txt) file and saving it s...