Unable to repy using word editor

When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following
message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor,
but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form
will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found
article 284900, that states you may get this message when
you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same
computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office
2000 does not exist, only office xp.

Can anyone help me?
0
Jcarine (1)

There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have
no solution. Here are a few that do:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284900
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319796
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q196871
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q223934

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"James Carine" <Jcarine@Optonline.net> wrote in message
> When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following
> message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor,
> but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form
> will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found
> article 284900, that states you may get this message when
> you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same
> computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office
> 2000 does not exist, only office xp.
>
> Can anyone help me?

0
russval (3097)

i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify?
i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Is this just when over the cells ? Does it work on the title bar - windows options Or on the Excel menus ? Steve On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:21:01 +0100, j <j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot= e: > i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Unless the right-click button is frozen, I'm sure you can use the mouse right-click in Excel Just hit the right-click button. Now...........................the real issue What are you right-clicking on and what doesn't happen for you? Does the right-click no...

Importing a Word document
Why is it that when I import a Word document, it opens into a new publication rather than the publication page that I just created? That means I have to re-do the page size, margins, etc. What am I doing wrong? Instead of using the Import feature, click inside an existing Publisher text box and choose Insert: Text File from the Menu Bar. Deanna www.ThatOfficeGirl.com "ChurchLady" wrote: > Why is it that when I import a Word document, it opens into a new publication > rather than the publication page that I just created? That means I have to > re-do the page size,...

Using exchange server 2003 as an smtp server outside of the domain
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to setup exchange server as an smtp server so that I can use it to send mail from outside of its domain environment. basically i want to be able to send email from any computer not on the domain by using mail.mydomain.com . I'm not sure if the issue is actually related to something on exchange server 2003, or if it's DNS related issue. we do use OWA so wthat when we type in a web browser mail.mydomain.com it takes us to OWA. Right now if I try setting up a POP3 Account in Outlook and use mail.mydomain.com for incoming and SMTP servers it err...

using one combo box to determine content of a second combo box
Hello, I have been trying for several days to figure out how to use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box. I am creating a database listing equipment by manufacturer and model # I would like to create one combo box that gives a drop down list of manufacturers Then, based on the manufacturer chosen, I would like to have a second combo box which gives a drop down list of model #'s offered by the chosen manufacturer It seems like a fairly simple concept, but I have poured through the "using access 2003" guide with no luck Access version I'm using: 20...

how do i protect a word doc, but leave some areas editable?
I have a word document formatted, but there are certain pieces of information that need to be edited each time it is used. How do I create it so only the set sections can be changed? Lainey25 wrote: > I have a word document formatted, but there are certain pieces of > information that need to be edited each time it is used. How do I > create it so only the set sections can be changed? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm and the links in that article. These articles illustrate the steps for Word 2003 or earlier. If you have Word 2007, post ba...

Using CIPAddressCtrl in stead of an edit control
If I use a CIPAddressCtrl on my property page it does a great job of handling the 4 bytes with periods but how do I get the address in and out of the property page in the DataExchange function? Do I have to handle the DWORD as the exchange data? Rob DDX_Text should work... "Rob K" <rbk@no.spamm.net> д���ʼ� news:3zgsf.10739$SM6.8164@fe15.lga... > If I use a CIPAddressCtrl on my property page it does a great job of > handling the 4 bytes with periods but how do I get the address in and out of > the property page in the DataExchange function? Do I have to handle th...

Word Automation Data Sources
Hi, My customer wants me to generate an invoice from data contained in MS Access. He has a Microsoft Word - based invoice that he currently uses and wants the new system to use the same document. So I intend to use Word Automation and MailMerge to meet the requirement. Some of the information on the invoice is name, address, city, state, zip - one record per invoice, no problem. But he also has a detailed section of the invoice that will contain multiple line items. So there will be multiple records per invoice for that part. Question: Can one Word document hav...

"ch" in XP Word 2003?
Using Word 2003 in XP Pro Sp3. Formatting paragraphs includes setting of line starts and separations (vertical). All page settings are in mm, but in Formatting, they read in values which likely seems to be in inches, followed by "ch"! My question is: What does this "ch" mean? And secondly, how can I get changes written in mm to remain in mm? They seem to always change back into an inchlike measure followed by "ch". gasman See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Al...

error with the form when using asp.
I get this error, when i submit the form. The error comes up and some technical advisor from my host company told me to change it to ASP Email but i don't understand what he was talking about. Can someone provide assistance. Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005' Server.CreateObject Access Error /WebAppSub.asp, line 9 The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object. ...

I don't know which formula to use?
I need help understanding which formula I should use. . . I have built a table similar to the one below on a sheet of my workbook. On a separate sheet, I need to be able to input ONLY two variables (state and fruit) and return information (the cost) defined in the table below. As an example: Inputting the variables of Texas and Bananas should return $4.00. I need to be able to change Texas to Florida and the formula should immediately update to the value to $6.00. Another example: Inputting the variables of Texas and Bananas should return $4.00. I need to be able to ...

Please help me: Refresh pivot table using another source file.
My supervisor put an interactive spreadsheet (or pivot table) on the web. Now he wants me to make changes to the spreadsheet so that when you click "Refresh" on the website, this spreadsheet gets new data from me rather than from my supervisor. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. ...

Pasting into Word?????
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C6C12B.3A6B8FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation as to how I can cut a = piece of some data in EXCEL (without gridlines), and paste it into = MSWORD and not have the gridlines appear? Thanks, in advance Mike --=20 Dr. Michael Raphael University of Phoenix Online Faculty mraphael@email.uophx.edu -------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------- I am using the free v...

Can't remember which Product Keys I have used

Unable to send emails from web interface
Hi Although this problem has been reported several times in the discussion groups, i have not found an answer to this query.. I have CRM. I have an admin..."crmadmin". This has an email ID - crmadmin@domain.com (both in the AD/Exchange and also specified for the user record in CRM ) Problem: When i try to send a mail from CRM, the email activity is created successfully, but the mail does not actually go. Here are my settings - Installed CRM with default SMTP settings ; gave the name (and not the IP) of the exchange server of the organization (which is in the same domain as th...

IF Statement equalling multiple words. Please Help
I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". Otherwise do this. I know how to make check if it = 1 item, but how do you make it check 3 or four things without using multiple IF statements? Thanks Phil Use and If(or(A1="word1",A1="word2",A1="word3"),then"",else) That should work for you, Cody "Phillip Vong" wrote: > I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". > Otherwise do this. > > I know how t...

Slow opening new Word document
Using Word 2000 on XP. I have a shortcut on my desktop to open a new Word Doc. However, clicking on it, or right clicking on desktop, seems to take forever before it opens. Any ideas please? TIA Katherine ...

Unable to use Microsoft Outlook
I'm using a Dell 4700C, Windows XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6.0. I am unable to send or receive mail in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you for your help, meadow "meadow" <meadow@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uGk9sj3$FHA.980@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I'm using a Dell 4700C, Windows XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6.0. > > I am unable to send or receive mail in Microsoft Outlook. > > Thank you for your help, > > meadow > Hi Meadow, tis is a little bit less information to help you. What Outlook version? Do you use Excha...

Emailing from a form using recursive query results
I am trying to create a button on a form (form name is [BG Paper Info]), when cliking the button it should do the following things: 1. Activate a query [BG Email from AE Code] that uses a Control [AE Code] that appears on the form (which can change from record to record), in order to generate an Email address ([EmailAddress] in the query)to which to email a report. The report is generated using another query [BG Reminder letter] that contains a memo field with the text of the letter, the text depends on a code [Reminder Type] that appears in the form. The two queries and the report operate ...

File in Exclusive Use
I have searched this forum and Excel help and cannot find the answer to my seemingly simple question. How does a user take a file out of exclusive use? We have an Excel file that was shared and the user accidently put the file in exclusive use mode, now we are unable to share the file again. The user does not know how she put the file in exclusive use, can anyone tell me how this is done? Any help will be much appreciated. You should be able to simply reshare the workbook. Excel doesn't allow a shared workbook if it has a table. We don't use shared workbooks muc...

loss of word for mac 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel A few days ago my computer asked me if I wanted to do an upgrade to 2008? When I said yes it started the process but quit in the middle. I not only was unable to get 2008 installed but loss 2004. When I click on the icons on my dock I just get a question mark. The Applications folder shows the file folder for the program but is empty on the inside. Any suggestions on I can retrieve my program or at least get a program to work? Michael Hi Michael: You need to go to the Applications folder and remove the folders "Mi...

Reboot Windows 2000 using VC++
Hi I am trying to use the ExitWindowEx(EWX_REBOOT|EWX_FORCE,0)) to reboot Windows 2000 from my program, but it pops up an error message - "Could not reboot the computer....Please do so at this time!", and it won't reboot the OS. Can anyone tell me why and how to solve this problem Thanks P/S: This function works in Windows 98, but not in Windows 2000. Shutting down a WIN2K machine is little complicated, as you need to give your program the priviledge to shut down. See AdjustTokenPrivileges in MSDN, which will enable the SE_SHUTDOWN_NAME priviledge. Also use EWX_FORCEIFHUNG o...

Cannot create exchange Mailbox using Active Directory
We are running WIndows server 2003, We have installed exchange 2003 as a new server over it. I have already made some users as recepient in the Active directory, but still (after 3 hrs) I am unable to see thier mailboxes in exchange system manager. I had used Active directory to create new users. We are also running SBS 2003 on it. You won't see mailboxes listed in Exchange System Manager until a) The mailbox has been logged into for the first time or b) The mailbox receives its first message -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.m...

Using rules to forward Outlook email to Gmail
Is there something wrong with the way I'm setting up this rule? I set it up to forward every message I receive to "people or distribution list" and have it forwarded to my gmail address. Now when it gets forwarded a copy of the sent email is placed in my inbox. Is there any way I can eliminate this redundant step? What you want is a redirect, not a forward. Outlook rules do not allow = for a redirect. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

Exchange 5.5
Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:08:27 -0700, "Don Pickering" <donpick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a >The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. >What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? > You can look in Exchange Administrator and (from a bad memory) drill down into the server, store and then something else. You can then see all the user...

Using OR in Rules
Hello, Is it possible to use OR conditions instead of only AND conditions? Even if you use a candle, please shine a positive light on this for it would keep me from having to create several rules for one source which sends me several e-mails from different departments. Thanks. Alphonse No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://...