Unable to open the outlook window.

I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to
open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes
automatically.

I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable
to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system
administrator if this problem persist."

I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help?
0
TX (9)

Did you create a profile with settings (email account, POP3 and SMPT server
names, etc.) for Outlook to use?

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Frustrated in TX" wrote:

> I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to
> open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes
> automatically.
>
> I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable
> to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system
> administrator if this problem persist."
>
> I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help?
0
KOrland1 (1012)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Unable to llaunch FRx
Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today. When users try to launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen flashes for a second then disappears. There is no error message and no entry in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs. I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam Canada) reports show up. This was working fine yesterday. I reran the FRx index scripts but that did not resolve it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Jim Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But bac...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Planned Open Market Days

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Opening Excel Workbooks

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

outlook 98 corperate forms