I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 on home computer but keep getting the
following message when trying to open application.
MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll.
Since I am not open to open, I cannot get to the help feature.
Please advise
0
Sterre (1)

Have you downloaded the latest MSN Connector from their site?  Or, if not
using it, have you uninstalled it?  Try opening Outlook in Safe mode
(start->run->outlook.exe /safe) and go into the Advanced options and uncheck
it from add-in manager or COM add-ins.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Sterre asked:

| I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 on home computer but keep getting
| the following message when trying to open application.
| MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll.
| Since I am not open to open, I cannot get to the help feature.
| Please advise

0
MillyS (3228)

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

Can't Open Canlendar or Contacts
Office Pro XP (2002) was just installed. We are trying to open Outlook to access its Calendar & Contacts applications. We DO NOT want Outlook to be our default email location (Outlook Express has been selected). When we click on the Outlook icon (or open from the Programs folder), we get the message: "Unable to open default email system. Try again." When we "try again," we get the message: "Would you like to open default File System folder?" When answering "yes," the "My Computer" files open in Outlook. At the same time, we get th...

What does this error message mean?
Hello, I gave my old computer to some novice friends, with Outlook Express on it. When trying to send/receive from Outlook Express I get the following dialog: WNetGetUser Returned and Outlook Express can't connect to the ISP. However, by using the Internet icon first and being already connected, Outlook Express sends and receives messages OK. I have checked the account settings I entered but I'm stuck as to why Outlook Express can't actually connect to the ISP itself. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Ex...

Can't open account.
Why won't my Mac 10.4.11 using safari as browser open my account? Safari version 3.0.4 Inasmuch as this Newsgroup is dedicated to the software program, MS Access, you're not likely to get any answers here to Safari or Mac problems. Try posting into a newsgroup which supports, Mac, and/or Safari. Also, you wuld probably get a better answer if you specify WHICH account you are trying unsuccessfully to open. Best of luck. "sebe" <sebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577461D2-FF7F-425F-8F23-BBBFC3F819F6@microsoft.com... > > Why won't my...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Afx.h in DLL
I want to add MFC objects (CString) to DLL project. I added: #include <Afx.h> to stdafx.h file. I get the message "fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h>". I tried to add: #undef _WINDOWS_ before #include <Afx.h> Than I had linking problems. I added: /FORCE:MULTIPLE to Linker->Command line DLL project was successfully compiled. This DLL is run successfully by snmp.exe But It throws exception, when I close it. I think, that my solution was incorrect. How do I solve this problem?!? ...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

No Disk in Drive Error
I am using Money 2000, v.8, with Windows XP. For no reason when I try to access the program there is an MSMONEY.EXE message asking to insert a disk in drive D. By clicking the retry or continue button you can get into the program, but keep getting the message when switching from one function to another. I tried to reinstall, but when I insert the disk it just carries me into the program. Any help would be appreciated. Dick Bell You could try copying the CD to your Hard Disk. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh...

opening pdf attachment
When getting an email with a pdf attachment, it does not open as a pdf, it only shows a bunch of characters. PDF's do open when they are not sent through an email. ...

error msg to run inbox repair tool
Pointing to ext of .pst file and there are no .pst files in the system. Pointers seem to be off, error is giving me the path is not correct, do I reload Outlook? I cannot determine where the system is looking for the files, nor can I find where I modify the search path. I am currently running Outlook Express w/no problem. Problem seemed to have come up when downloading upgrades. My current ISP says it is Microsoft problem, any suggestions? ...

Error Message #21
Moneyplus 2007 Windows XP IE 7 This is the error message I get when I open money. "Money has detected that you did not close the file 'MSMONEY' before exiting." "Money now needs to verify the information in the file." It then asks me if I want to do this now, I click yes. The next message shows "The email address or password is incorrect please try again." This is a windows live ID that works on MSN. It seems my file is locked. I tried opening on a different computer, the same messages. I tried my back-up files, the same messages. I used the file Dec...

Open and Close external window
I am trying to open a help window, keep a handle on the window, so I can navigate to certain topics, then close it again later. I have the following code sitting behind a menu option: if (!m_wndHelp) { m_wndHelp = ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_TOC , NULL); } else { if (IsWindow(m_wndHelp)) // make sure window is still valid { BOOL answer = ::DestroyWindow(m_wndHelp); DWORD words = GetLastError(); ::CloseWindow(m_wndHelp); m_wndHelp = NULL; } } The help window opens just fine, but the DestroyWindow call returns error code 5 - access denied. Is there an easier ...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

mfc error
Microsoft is reporting an mfc error and I want to know how to delete the problem ...

Error message #54
I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try to delete I get "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272227 Your pst may be damaged or too large. Mor Microsoft Messaging support 3+ years, frontline TSA1 "JGH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11a5601c3f575$4bc75800$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try > to delete I get "The messaging interfac...

error #16
Everytime I click on outlook 2003 to start the program I get this message and when I click yes, then it works fine. "Some Functionalbility of outlook connector has been disabled choosing yes will automaticly enable this functionalbility. It is just annoying. thanks gino which connector are you using? -- <stingraymmcm7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135709208.782972.146940@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Everytime I click on outlook 2003 to start the program I get this > message and when I click yes, then it works fine. > > "Some Functionalbility of out...

Service Scheduling
We have recently installed CRM in our organisation and I am slowly going through customising each each section to suit our business. I have an issue with Service Activity, whereby when you go in and click schedule it goes through and allows you to select your resource/site details, and then when you click find resource it cannot run scheduling engine. Same issue occurs if you go in and try and create a task/appointment. It appears to be something with Exchange and CRM. However email tracking works and the exchange email router works fine. Just wondering if any body else has experieced this i...

unable to access any featuress on Live mail
I downloaded latest version overnight. it has uploaded all the mail and files, and looks for changes (receive new mails). When i try to click on anything in th live mail screen, I cannot (seems frozen screen) nothing is able to be activited by clicking over any feature in the Live mail. I also cannot click on any dropdowns etc to close out in the top right. Any suggestions ? I have been accessing my hotmail account without any errors prior to this through web and ive messenger. thanks ...

Load JPG from Web
Hi, i can put a hyperlink in a cell, clicking on this will open the jpg via Internetbrowser i also can add a picture directly into the exceltable, but then the excelfile gets large Now my question: Is it possible to put a link into a cell, so when viewing the sheet excel loads the picture from a webserver into the cell ? the size of the excelfile would be smal and the jpg-files are up-to-date as on the webserver ? regards Ecki ...

Cannot open Attachement
I cannot open Attachement file whose name is written in Japanese Character. Can you suggest how to do! Below is configuration of my computers: P4 1.7 CPU Window 98 Traditional Chinese version Japanese Language Support Office 2000 Microsoft Outlook P4 1.7 CPU Window 2000 Traditional Chinese version Japanese Language Support Office 2000 Microsoft Outlook ...

I Keep getting error message
Hello, When using Outlook 2002 I get a box popping up on my screen every few minutes saying: "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed" I recently set up a second data file and successfully created a rule to divert emails from a domain name I have to that data file and loaded a bunch of appointments into the calendar of that data file. Is this popup to do with that? Also, I think this may only happen when my Dialup internet connection is connected Thanks See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address...

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

"Cannot load GUI library into memory"
Does anyone know how I could eliminate the "Cannot load GUI library into Memory" warning upon creating a new istance of outlook? I am trying to automate some "overnight" emails from excel/access vba that requires outlook to be open. If not open, my excel vba opens a new instance of outlook. Unfortunately, upon doing so, i receive an Outlook 2007 warning pop-up stating "Cannot load GUI library into memory", effectively halting the procedure until the user clicks "ok". Any ideas as to how to either: 1) successfully direct Outlook 2007 t...

Unable to save an attachment to note in CRM
CRM has been deployed for about 8 months at our company. We previously had no problem attaching notes. Beginning today, we receive the following error when attempting to add an attachment to a note: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe that this request should be allowed. Make sure that the...