Unable to locate folders

The message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft
Outlook could not access the specified folder location.
Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or
programs and try again." is displayed when I attempt to
use the inbox or the calendar in Outlook.  I am using
Outlook 2002 and Windows XP for the first time on a new
machine. Everything else seems to work OK. I have tried
not work.

Thanks
PC
0
pcorney (1)

Limit to # of shapes in "My Shapes" folder?
I got a new computer from my corporation with Visio 2003 installed. I copied the VNE folder from my old computer to new computer into the "My Shapes" folder and all of the stencils do NOT appear in the pick list. Is there an upper limit on the # of files that can be in the "My Shapes" folder? (The VNE directory from my old computer had approx 1100 stencils). Also opening the "My Shapes" dialog box is REALLY slow -- anyone know how to fix that as well? Thanks in advance. I'm not sure if there is a hard limit or just a performance limit on the number of...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

unable to log in 11-28-09
Hi, out of the blue when I access my windows mail it is asking for my user name and password, I've tried all variations I can think off without luck, I'm receiving the following message, any solutions? Account: 'Home', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 thanks, NBF Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" i...

Folders Appearing Empty
I have an archive file that is giving problems. When I open this archive all folders display as empty. However, there are 6000 odd messages and the file is several hundred meg. I have run scanpst and it reports no errors found. Outlook version is 2000 SP3 . Thank you Regards, James Does he have a view applied to his Inbox, such as "Unread Messages" or perhaps a filter? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to ...

Problem to import folders from old .PST files to Outlook 2003
Have upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I had several Personal Maps (One Map containing the E-Mail for each previous years, like Outlook2003, Outlook2002, etc.). When I try to import the old .pst Personal Maps to my new Outlook 2004 Personal Map (with the new format), the folders inside each of the Map are not visible, and I am not able to import any data at all. Is it possible to create several Personal Maps in Outlook 2004, and how to I create a new one? What do you mean by Personal Maps? Assuming you are talking about Personal Folders (PST files) they are perfectly compati...

Public Folder basics....
Hi, Much appreciation to anyone who can help a beginner in the arts of Public folders: 1. I have just installed my second Exchange box at a remote site with plans of a thrid soon to follow; can I just add the new server as a replca to our PF's, do a "propogate settings" and have all the data be on both servers so users at the remote site aren't coming accross my WAN? Or are there additional steps? 2. If my scenario above is true, is either server really a "master" for the data? The reason I ask mainly is that if no server is master then either server ...

Create standard folders in all users mailboxes.
I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying archiving rules to a user's inbox, I want to create a standard folder that users can move their mail to so it can be archived. Im sure there is a way to create this folder for all users as well as ensure it stays there in the future (and for new users, etc) ... Any suggestions ? On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:29:01 -0800, "Mal.Harwood" <Mal.Harwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying >archiving rules to a user's inbox, I w...

RE: Separate accounts in different folders
RE: Separate accounts in different folders Is there a way to have several email accounts on one outlook program BUT have each account have email come into a different folder and have outgoing email saved in a different folder. I know how to add new accounts. BUT: Is there an option for separating the accounts in various folders? Outlook 2003 MS XP You can use rules to filter mail and there is an option in tools, options, email options, advanced to store sent items with the original... or in Outlook 2003, use one inbox (so junk filtering works) and create search folders for each ac...

Recovering the word file saved in Temp folder after system restart
Hi, By mistake I had save one of my working document in the Temp folder (I open a file in the outlook and then saved as a new file and worked on it, never realized that I saved it in the wrong folder). Later I did a restart of my laptop and when the system came back that particular Temp folder (for e.g <<user profile>>/AppData/Local/Temp/wzbbff/<<new filename.docx>>) itself got deleted. is there any way to recover the file? I did lots of work on that document and wanted desperately to retrive that file. Appeciate your prompt help in this regard.....

OL2007 CURSOR LOCATION: Replies to Emails or Opening New Emails
Whenever I hit "Reply", "Forward" or "New" emails, I cannot determine where my cursor location defaults to. It used to be on "Reply", it would land in the text entry area. Now there is no blinking cursor, and I need to manually click in an area to either add a name, or to start typing text. Is there any setting that I can use to "reset" the cursor location? I've discovered that on the Reply emails, the "cursor" will land on the Send Button...but not consistently "BirdMan" wrote: > Whenever I hit...

How can I create a Public Contact Folder in Exchange 2003
It seems that I can only create public e-mail folders. How can I create a public contact folder? I am kind of new in exchange so any help would apreciated. Mike When you create the folder it asks what type of data to store - choose contacts. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Mike" <recklez@cyprus-x.org>...

changes to master copy of worksheet automatically updates a copy in another location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hoping to make copies of worksheets that will update automatically when worksheets in the master set are modified. Is that possible? Would one do it by linking the whole sheet? I had to do something similar to this, this summer when my mother was in nursing home and I had to pay here bills. I had to put information in a given cell on page of the next succeeding sheet: this is but one example: =SUM(Sheet1!F19). Note the ! is not a mistake. If not in there it won't work. you have to do that for each instance need. The...

Can't create a new public folder.
I ran into the following problems: In the System Manager, the "public folders" container doesn't list public folders and system folders. Also when I tried to create a new public folder, the system didn't response at all, no even giving me any error message. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is? Thanks a lot in advance! "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F80E3901-55EB-42AA-9914-6069F19CAE90@microsoft.com... >I ran into the following problems: > > In the System Manager, the "public folders" container d...

Public Folder Permissions #16
I need to add one account to the public folder heirarchy. I do not want to change any permissions at lower level folders but do want to add this account. Not all folders have the same permissions. How can I add this one account to all public folders without changing any other permissions? Thanks! Check out the PFDAVADMIN tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7295BDC3-B181-47D6-B336-D75188334702@microsoft.com... >I need to add one account to the pub...

Cannot view a mailbox folder and reset password of user's problem
OS: windows 2000 server service pack 4 software: Exchange 2000 version 6.0 (build 6249.4:service pack 3) 1,when I use administrator account to login to my Windows 2000 server and want to double click into a mailbox folder. It prompts "M:\xxxxx.com\mbx\xxx is not accessible. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." 2,when i reset the password of a particular user in active directory->users, and i immediately change the outlook express 's incoming mail password, it seems to be work fine with new password. However, when i change the outlook ex...

Programmatically delete contents of OAB system public folders
I want to programmatically delete the contents of OAB system folders present in MAPI public folder store. I was able to open teh required OAB folders using IMAPIFolder interface but when I tried deleteing the contents, it always gives E_ACCESSDENIED. I was running the code under exchange Administrator Context. I checked teh MAPI permissions on OAB folders through exchange system manager and found out that even administrator does not have write access on OAB folders by defaults. Can anyone tell me, how to programmatically modify MAPI permissions on OAB system folders. Thanks I do not...

unable to Create dialog in extension dll
>From within an extension dll, I want to create a simple dialog that I create using the resource editor. This code should create and show it: MyDlg * myDlg = new MyDlg; myDlg->Create( MyDlg::IDD, CWnd::GetDesktopWindow() ); myDlg->ShowWindow( SW_SHOW ); However, when executing in my extension dll, the Create statement asserts here: BOOL CWnd::CreateDlgIndirect(LPCDLGTEMPLATE lpDialogTemplate, CWnd* pParentWnd, HINSTANCE hInst) { #ifdef _DEBUG if ( AfxGetApp()- >IsKindOf( RUNTIME_CLASS( COleControlModule ) ) ) .... This is because AfxGetApp() returns a NULL. ...

Unable to Tranfer emails from the inbox to other folders.
Hi, ive got a bit of a problem. Since yesterday I have been unable to tranfer emails from my inbox to any other folder in outlook. I can still send and receive ok and ive ran the inbox repair tool for my .pst, which found no corrupt files. The strange thing is, if I delete a email, it goes into the deleted items folder, but then allows me to transfer it back only to the inbox. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Tony Dunn. CLear the Deleted Items folder and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting P...

Problem after switching to Public Folder
I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user account into a mail enabled public folder and I have 1 perticular user who gets the error message below when sending to this Public Folder. None of the Microsoft kb articles seem to help. The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. On 13 Jul 2006 06:46:44 -0700, "newadmin" <eli_ayoub@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user &...

Save in mulitple locations
Is there a way to have excel xp auto save in multiple locations a once? ie....save a copy on my desktop and save on a network drive at the sam time, and a way to have excel do this by itself every 5 mins or s -- Aversi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aversin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=823 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27090 you can autosave it to your c drive. the icon on your desktop is just a shortcut to the c drive. to autosave...tools>autosave. check aut...

unable to send and receive email
I have everything fine in PIX firewall and NAT. But I am unable to send and receive any outside emails (other domains). Its working fine within the organization. Its running in exchange 5.5 server. I will be more glad if anybody can help me?... I guess the first question is do you have the IMS installed? You will of course need that. Second I would see if I can telnet to it from inside the network over port 25. We probably need some more info too. Thanks -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm &quo...

Profile and Personal Folder problem
I have posted the two problems below as seperate problems but no one could solve them. I hope, by posting them together, someone will find a common solution. Outlook 2002 and XP Profiles - when I open Outlook I am asked to chose which profile I want to open. I just have one Profile listed. I can select 'always open this option' but, on opening Outlook next time, I get the same request to choose a Profile. Personal Folders - I have 2 Personal Folders the the left hand column. I want to delete one (don't know how it got there). But when I choose PROPERTIES|CLOSE, I get '...

How to copy shortcuts and special folders.
Hi, I would like to ask how to copy shortcuts and special folders. I could not find too much information in the help. Is it posible to find even any samples somwhere? Thanks, Lubomir Which special folder? Try GetSpecialFolder or find your folder then use this to copy them BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To) { SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct; char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename); char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To); ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT)); FileOpStr...

finding a folder
I spent over 4 hours to find a simple way to find a folder in outlook. I have made many folders and subfolders, I used help, website, with no success. web help says go to file menue-->new-->click on search folders -- such item "search folder" does not exist in "new" Will appreciate any advise. thank you john I presume that you are using Outlook 2003 from the term "search folders?" (In the future, always state your version since there are 5 different releases of Outlook out there, and 2 modes in 2 of them). Have you tried right clicking on the Se...

Outlook 2003 mail folder layout issue, all mail folders
I would like to set a default mail folder layout or view that will apply to all mail folders. In Outlook 2003 when I click View | Arranged By | Current View | Define Views, highlight IMAP Messages (my e-mail account is an IMAP account, not an Exchange mail server), click Modify, makes my changes in the 'Customized View: IMAP Messages', such as: Fields: Subject, Flag Status, From, Received, Size, Attachment, and Importance Group By: None Sort: Received Filter: Off Other Settings: Grid line style: No grid lines [ ] Show items in Groups How do I make Outlook 2003 ...