Unable to enable password for PST file

Using Outlook 2002 with pop email account and fax receiving
system. If I enable password for data file (pst), outlook doesn't
prompt me for password on startup.

Any ideas?

Tom in VT

0
tsa681 (2)

Does Outlook close completely on this machine?  Use task manager to verify.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Tom <tsa68@adelphia.net> asked:

| Using Outlook 2002 with pop email account and fax receiving
| system. If I enable password for data file (pst), outlook doesn't
| prompt me for password on startup.
|
| Any ideas?
|

| Tom in VT

0
MillyS1 (1480)
11/8/2003 12:25:19 AM
Yes, Outlook completely closes.

Also, have done some testing with this machine as well. I am using outlook
as
my pop mail/manager and microsoft fax reception manager as well. If I delete
the fax account, the pst password function works fine, with it active, no
go.

I need to have both turned on to work with send/receive. Any work around?

Tom
IT Manager in VT

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Does Outlook close completely on this machine?  Use task manager to
verify.

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
> Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
> reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Tom <tsa68@adelphia.net> asked:
>
> | Using Outlook 2002 with pop email account and fax receiving
> | system. If I enable password for data file (pst), outlook doesn't
> | prompt me for password on startup.
> |
> | Any ideas?
> |

> | Tom in VT

0
tsa681 (2)
11/11/2003 3:40:05 PM
It is probably the Fax component that is the problem.  Can you just start
and stop it when needed?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Tom <tsa68@adelphia.net> asked:

| Yes, Outlook completely closes.
|
| Also, have done some testing with this machine as well. I am using
| outlook as
| my pop mail/manager and microsoft fax reception manager as well. If I
| delete the fax account, the pst password function works fine, with it
| active, no go.
|
| I need to have both turned on to work with send/receive. Any work
| around?
|

| Tom
| IT Manager in VT
|

| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
|| Does Outlook close completely on this machine?  Use task manager to
|| verify.
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
|| the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be
|| deleted w/out reading.
|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
|| Tom <tsa68@adelphia.net> asked:
||| Using Outlook 2002 with pop email account and fax receiving
||| system. If I enable password for data file (pst), outlook doesn't
||| prompt me for password on startup.
||| Any ideas?
||| Tom in VT

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

WinDbg: Unable to get verifier list
I've been attempting to get to the bottom of a recurring BSOD crash happening on my system. I've already had 4 crashes so far over the past two weeks. So I've identified that NTOSKRNL.EXE is involved in all of them so far. It always somewhere in the stack. So I enabled Driver Verifier on NTOSKRNL, as well as HAL.DLL, NTFS.SYS, and FLTMGR.SYS which were also identified on the stack during various of the events. Okay so I had my latest crash yesterday, and it occurred on NTOSKRNL as well. The Verifier was already enabled on the system prior to this crash, and then wh...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

How to import Eudora files into Outlook
I've searched the forum, and everyone seems to have already been able to bring their old Eudora files into Outlook. I am now trying to do this but cannot figure out how. I'm not even sure exactly where to find my Eudora files, much less get them over to Outlook 2007. Can someone help me here. My hard drive crashed last Friday and I have rebuilt a new one except for my email program. I have been using Thunderbird temporarily, but I really don't like it. My Eudora files are saved to a hard drive and Thunderbird imported them with no problem. But I can't for the life of me figur...

Calendar/address book: sharing folder with only 1 .PST for n users
I'm going to share a folder on my file server for ten specific users where I create unique .PST file. For example I create test.pst and I assign full rights to this one for my 10 users. For every client, can I link MS Outlook to test.pst ? In this way I could use ONLY sharing calendar and Address book ? I'm not interesting to use mailbox on this pst, because for mailboxes I can use local pst for each machine. "Riccardo" <ric.castellani@alice.it> wrote in message news:990c53ca-cae4-4146-ace7-fec4287c7771@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I'm going to share a fo...

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

File Stuck In Outbox
I have a 6 MB file that can not be sent or deleted from my inbox. I followed the "Assistance" suggestions on the MS web site but had no luck. Any idea? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/...

How to delete a .mny file...
I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely transfer. I repeated the import and opened a new Money file (with a new name.) This time it went smoothly. Simple question: can I just delete the old Money file I first created? Is it as simple as going to "my computer" and deleting the appropriate .mny file? Thanks for any response. EL In microsoft.public.money, EL wrote: >I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and >for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely >...

having renamed a workbook my password does not work
yesterday I split and renamed a huge excel workbook which was password protected. Today the password does not allow me to open either document. I have been using the password for ages and know it is case sensitive. Help Did you hit the caps lock by mistake? Lyndsayd wrote: > > yesterday I split and renamed a huge excel workbook which was password > protected. Today the password does not allow me to open either document. > I have been using the password for ages and know it is case sensitive. > > Help -- Dave Peterson ...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...

Unable to start processing services?
I have just installed Outlook (from Office XP Pro) and have set up my personal folders. My eMail accounts are established in the Control Panel Mail applet, and work fine with Outlook Express. Outlook gives me an "Unable to start Processing Services" dialogue box. How do I fix this? TIA What are you trying to do when you get this error? Are your accounts installed in Outlook? Have you used the Test Account Settings feature? What error message(s) do you get? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inser...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

Unable to open address book
Every time I try to open my address book in microsoft outlook, The computer says "the address book has been either deleted or you dont have permission to open the address book. I have the proper permissions. I dont know how to correct the problem. I tried to re-create the address book , but to no avail. Please help me. Sincerely Gary Monetta Post your Outlook version so we can answer you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00b701c3c57c$adb12470$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to open my address book in micr...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Comparing two excel files
I work with large data in excel. Most of the time I need to match two different worksheets. Both worksheets always have two columns that contains same data (name & ID). What would be the best way to match names and ID to obtain a new file with data that couldn't match? if Excel good to do that or should I use other software like Access? please advise. Look at Chip Pearson's page on working with Duplicates and Uniques http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Alexandra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1091601c3f335$a...

Flat files to XML
Hello all, How can I convert unstructured flat files into structured XML? Are there any scientific articles and tools that handles this subject? Bye, hakhan Check out http://tinyurl.com/4vgn8 creating custom XmlReaders is a nice way to deal with with CSV or Fixe width files, although don't know exactly what you mean by unstructure files.. - jsm3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1165932.htm ...

Transfer file from Access to Server
I work with Access 2007 as a front end to a SQL Server backend. I would like to be able to select a file from my local desktop, then, through VBA/SQL transfer the file to a folder on my server. Or, store the file in a varBinary(MAX) column in a table, but then use a SPROC to take the file out of the table and place it in a folder on the server. How can I do this? -- Bill The built-in VBA sub FileCopy() will allow you to copy a file from one folder to another. If you want to provide a dialog that allows a user to select the file then have a look here: http://www.mv...

How can I convert an Excel file to an address book?
How can I convert an Excel file to an address book to import into email? ...

password
Hi I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often Outlook won't remember the password. Thx I am having a similar problem. Using Outlook 2002 (XP). I have several POP3 accounts, and Outlook requires the passwords every time. I've tried everything, and it still forgets them. Thanks to anyone that can help. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often >Outlook won't remember the password. > >Thx >. > Earlier reply had the incorrect e-mail address. This address is correct. Jim V >-----Original Mess...

Create a flat file in Excel
I need to create a flat file in Excel using the pipe delimiter | as element, and carriage return line feed as line delimiter. How do I do this? You could change the windows list separator (in the regional settings applet in the control panel) to the vertical bar (just temporarily). Then save the file as a delimited file. Or maybe you could create a formula in another cell: =a1&"|"&b1&"|"&c1&.... And drag down. Then copy that column and paste into notepad and save the file from notepad. GF08 wrote: > > I need to create a...

password protecting
hi, i want the user to enter a password before he can see the contents of my excel file. how do i go about do this? thanks Hi Lynn! In all Versions it is under the Save As dialog but there are variations: Excel 97 and, I believe, before File > Save As Press Options Button Select from alternatives available Impose or Change password OK Re-confirm password or passwords OK Save With Excel 2000: File > Save As > Tools > General Options Select from alternatives available Impose or Change password OK Re-confirm password or passwords OK Save With Excel 2002(XP) and 2003 Two routes ...