Unable to display the folder #6

HI all,

We have public folder here and share information. We can
browse to any folders if we navigate it from public
fodler>... ba ba ba >.. ... We try to setup outlook
today, and create a shortcut to some folders. However,
most of them works, just a few do not. The fodler is
exist and workign properly if we do not use the shortcut.
Even set that specific folder as a favourite works. Just
can't wotk with outlook today.

Once I click the short cut to that fodler form outlook
today, it will say "
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook
could not access the specific folderlocation."

Does anyone know how to solve this.

Thanks,
CS
0
anonymous (74722)

Money 2001 #6
Product is good but 3 factors lead to a certain Thumbs Down; one regarding currencies and another regarding availability I. New Currency Why is it that while adding currencies (for instance Indian Ruppees - INR) the country field is unavailable. This causes problems while creating investments in INR as the investments require the country to be entered. Surely, many people in US (and worldwide) would have investments in INR in addition to the base currency. How is it possible that MS does not support INR (and India)?!! Simple Solutions - Permit addition of country along with the curre...

Favorite Folders Settings
I just switched computers from XP to Vista. I managed to copy all my folders and data okay. I am having 3 problems. 1. I had to reset my favorite folders because it did not keep the settings. After each item (inbox, sent, junk etc...) it says "in personal folder". How do I get rid of that? 2. The size of the font in the folders and preview pane is so small I can hardly see it. How can I increase it - I can't find a setting for this? 3. In the All Mail Folders - almost every item is cut off as if I need to expand a column to see it but there is no column. Hope you c...

Mial folders on a disk
I would like to put my email folders and contents of them on a disk or thumb drive so I can then put them on a new computer. What file would I copy to the thumb drive in order to do this and be able to put the information on my new computer. For example I have a saved mail folder that I created and would like to copy this saved mail folder and its contents to a disk to be placed on the new computer. -- Karen How to do it depends on what e-mail client you will be using on your new computer. For OE to OE. Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/...

Unable to delete files...
Unable to delete files. errior msg says: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook" Restarting doesn't do a bit of good... ...

Unable to open Visual Basic editor
Hi - When I select VB Editor, the IDE does not stay open. Also I get an "Error accessing system registry" error when I trying to insert a control from the Control Toolbox. This is for Excel 97. thanks, -daphne "Daphne W." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Hi - When I select VB Editor, the IDE does not stay open. >Also I get an "Error accessing system registry" error when >I trying to insert a control from the Control Toolbox. > >This is for Excel 97. When it comes to problems with the Registry, you also need to state what...

Error Building GDI+ Sample on VC++ 6
Hi, I downloaded GDI+ for VC++ 6 and attempted to build a sample using it. Here's the relevant code snippet: #include "GDIPlusInit.h" .... GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput; ULONG_PTR gdiplusToken; GdiplusStartup(&gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL); When I try to build this, I get the following errors: GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2059: syntax error : '__stdcall' GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2091: function returns function GDIPlusInit.h(78) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'NotificationHook' GDIPlusInit...

OMA Error #6
Hi Guys, I am having a nightmare getting mobile access working. I’m testing out Exchange 2003 SP2 with sharepoint on the same host. When accessing the /oma directory I get: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. + Event 1501 - No user credentials were found in the HTTP request. I have read many postings. Have tried http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/817379 + Basic Auth is enabled on this directory. I have also followed suggestions about sharepoint + exchange being hosted on the same bo...

Public Folder Calendar Appointments invitations
When I send a Public Folder calendar appointment to a group, that I am a member of, I can no longer "update my own calendar now" nor when the email message arrives in my inbox can I accept it or drag it to my calendar. Do you get any error messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

General Guidelines on Architecting Windows VC++ 6.0 Applications
Hello, I am working on a legacy system that contains 3 main applications. VB client | ATL out of process COM server ATL out of process COM server- SORRY THIS THREAD WAS SENT PREMATURELY - PLEASE SEE LATER POSTING ON SAME TOPIC "pdxphil" wrote: > Hello, > > I am working on a legacy system that contains 3 main applications. > > VB client > | > ATL out of process COM server > ATL out of process COM server- ...

sum command do not display the result eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not
sum command do not display the result eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not display the result in the cell even when sigma is clicked the same What is displayed instead? If you see the formula, then format the cell as General (or anything but text) and reenter that formula. If you see the wrong answer, then maybe you have calculation set to manual. Tools|Option|calculation tab is how you'd change it in xl2003 menus. If that's not it, then maybe your values in those cells (C5:C8) aren't really numbers. Reformat that range as General (not text) and reenter the values. abbbalu wr...

calendar button won't display calendar
For years, I've been pressing the "calendar" button on the left pane of my outlook home page & it displayed the calendar in month form. Then, I did a search in the calendar. Now, everytime I press the "calendar" button, it displays the search page. How can I get my calendar back???? Thanks! "derekflyer" <derekflyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4588BE73-A39D-4269-ABEF-F30A3A45F803@microsoft.com... > For years, I've been pressing the "calendar" button on the left pane of my > outlook home page &...

Public Folder link question
Running Exchange 5.5 My department has created an intranet web page for the user community to view. We have a team Calendar in Public Folders that is shared out for everyone in the community to view. How can I provide a link on a web page to a public folder? I do not want to have to just provide a path for them to navigate to. I would like for them to be able to simply click on a link that will either: 1. Launch Outlook and open the public folder location automatically or 2. Lauch a web browser that will display the calendar information. Can anyone assist or provide a KB ar...

Tasks do not display in Category View
In Outlook 2003, my tasks are not displaying in Category View. Categories have been created for each task and tasks appear in all other views (simple list, detail list, etc.) but not in Category view. I never had a problem with this in v. 2002. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Try starting Outlook with the resetview switch in the command line. "Michael" <ibvalentine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9tVmg.20619$uy3.18207@tornado.socal.rr.com... > In Outlook 2003, my tasks are not displaying in Category View. Categories > have been created for each task and...

displaying a name in a cell reference
I have two worksheets in an Excel workbook. Sheet1 has a prize designation column with different prizes i.e. WM20, WM10, etc Sheet2 has the prize designation (WM20) matched with a name i.e. Walmart giftcard I need to display the name from sheet2 in a column on sheet1? Thanks You could use a vlookup function to do that for you. Something like this: =VLOOKUP(B6,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$29,2,FALSE) Assuming B6 contains “WM20” Assuming the range on sheet2 A1:B29 contains WM20 in column A and the description “Walmart 20 buck Gift certificate etc” in it. Hope that helps. Fran...

Getting error c0072afc while trying to access Pulbic Folders node under Folder
I am getting the following error message when I click on the Public Folders node under the Folder in Exchange System Manager. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager I am getting the same error while trying to create a public folder. I am running ESM from the same box on which Exchange is installed and I don't have Outlook installed on that box. Is there a way to fix it other than re-installing Exchange server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Himanshu ...

NTFS Folder Permissions
Hi, Can anyone tell me what permissions I need to set on the Exchsvrv directory, and my EDB and LOG directories in order for exchange 2003 to operate? I have followed the guidelines in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328229 but I still get Access Denied messages in the event log when exchange tries to create log files, and the IS will not mount, giving error: Error 0xfffffbf8 starting Storage Group /DC=local/DC=MyDomain/CN=Configuration/CN=Services/CN=Microsoft Exchange/CN=MyDomain/CN=Administrative Groups/CN=first administrative group/CN=Servers/CN=MailServer/CN=Inf...

CRM, public folders, Outlook, Small Business Accounting, SmartPhone
It seems like syncing with public folders is a common request. I think that this is a critical feature since everyone needs to share contacts. Why would CRM require that each user have a separate folder that we have to manually sync? Am I missing something? Does anyone have any input on this? When an appointment is created in a user's Outlook Calendar, does it sync into CRM? and vice versa? Or does a user have to use two different calendars (dumb)? but maybe I'm mising something. Does CRM integrate with Small Business Accounting? I notice that the interface is similar. Is any...

Copying sent and received emails to a public folder
We recently installed Exchange 2003 server at a client's site. Our client would now like to be able to have a copy of all emails sent and received from all users to be saved in a sent mail folder and a received mail folder. Both of these folders will be public folders so that everyone will be able to view these emails. I know there is an archive function in Exchange 2003 however, it puts all sent and received emails into one folder. Preferably the solution should be implemented on the server so that a user can not change any client side rules. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

How can I restore my Deleted Items folder?
I have my email setup with IMAP, and while managing my folders I accidentally deleted my "Deleted Items" folder (the default folder created by Outlook). I cannot find any way to restore that folder, or recreate it and direct my deleted items to the new folder. Now when I delete emails they are just gone and I cannot recover them or "undo" a delete. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am now hesitant to delete anything as it will be gone for good if I do. Hi Seth, maybe this posting by Diane Poremsky could be helpfull: "Recover deleted items f...

Unable to reply or forward
We a small community college running Exchange Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server box. We recently converted all of our employees to Outlook from a variety of other mail clients. In Outlook, we set everyone up with Exchange accounts rather than POP3 and set their default delivery location to the Mailbox on the server rather than a .pst on the local drive. Since then, I have 3 users that are unable to reply or forward email. Then can send email just fine. However, when they try to reply or forward and hit the Send button, they get the following message: "You do not have sufficient...

Public Folders "offline"
Hello, We use Exchange 2k3 with Outlook 2k3. The "Exchange Cached mode" is AWESOME. However, it doesn't seem to be working with Public Folders offline? Do I need to do anything special to mark those folders as available offline? Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, From Outlook, you need to add specific Public Folders to your Favorites. Right click the PF and then click Add to Favorties. Now modify Send/Receive Settings. In the Folder Options list, expand Public Folders, then expand Favorites. Select the folders from your Favorites list that you want to make available offline. HTH, K...

Stationary #6
I would like to create a stationery page that has an image in the top center of the page and not as a repeated image in the background. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance. ...

i edit a formula (excel) then it displays formula not answer
i edit a formula in excel then the cell no longer displays the answer but the whole formula, why is this happening and how can i fix it? 1. make sure formula does not start with an apostrophy '=A1+B1 will not compute 2. make sure cell is not formatted as text. Pull-down Format > Cells... > Number General -- Gary''s Student "caiman" wrote: > i edit a formula in excel then the cell no longer displays the answer but > the whole formula, why is this happening and how can i fix it? Saved from a previous post... Excel likes to help. Try this on a...

How to display image from database?
Hello - i have a table that has an image for each record. I am trying to create a form to view the data and the image. When I place a bound OLE Object on the form and set its Control Source property to the field in my table that has the photo...the image never appears. I can see the other data, like the name, but never the image. Is it even possible to display an image that is stored in the Access database? I have seen articles that explain how to display images that are stored in the file system, but never from within the database. thanks for any help - will "dw" <d...

cannot open messages in folder, low memory, low disk space
Hi Everyone, I am getting this message on a few folders at present. Having looked online for a solution I have tried the following: - renaming the outbox.dbx to outbox.old, allowing a new one to be built then deleting the original - searching the mailstore for files that do not belong there - renaming/deleting the dbx file for that particular account but I get access denied. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Gordon Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. He...