Unable to display or delete a folder

Hello,

I have OL 2002 with the XP Home OS. I had a Contacts sub-folder which I just
used for information. I forget now just what went wrong, but I could no
longer access any of the Contacts in that sub-folder. (The default Contacts
folder was working fine.) Since the sub-folder was not really critical I
thought I would just delete it. That seemed to go fine and the sub-folder
went to the Delete folder. However, after that I could not only delete that
sub-folder from the Delete file but I can't use the "Empty 'deleted items'
folder" command to delete files more recently sent to the Delete folder. I
can highlight the deleted files and press the Delete button to keep that
file clear, but there is no way I can delete the sub-folder. The error
message is "Errors have been detected in the (pst) file. Use the Inbox
Repair Tool." I have tried that a number of times without success. Any ideas
on how to delete that sub-folder?

Thanks.

Gary D

how do i delete cells or duplicate cells in a table ?
I went to make a table with 8 colums and 3 rows, which turned out fine..but now i need to make 3 more rows added on but half the size long with only 2 colums.. so i figure i can just duplicate or copy from my table 3 of these rows and shirk it and delete 1 cell...but trying to get help on how to add or remove cells seems the hard part ...

SQL Delete Layaway at HQ
Looking for an SQL command that will delete an entire Layaway in HQ. Example delete Layaway number 57. Thanks for any help. Neil Never mind. I used DELETE from [Order] WHERE [Order].ID = '57' "nt8378" wrote: > Looking for an SQL command that will delete an entire Layaway in HQ. Example > delete Layaway number 57. Thanks for any help. > > Neil Don't forget to delete any of the Item information from the OrderEntry table for that order also. TomT "nt8378" <nt8378@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B17957F-2696-446C-B08...

Outlook refuses some message and deletes them....mystery..
Hi, I have a website with e-mail forwarding to my standard e-mail address. Now this is the strange part: When I send a test message to this address it forwards it to my standard e-mail address, BUT it only shows it for a split second and then the message has completely disappeared! Nowhere to be found, not even in deleted items. All other e-mail works fine. I try it in Outlook Express and it works. I try it on another computer; it works. What could be the problem? Thanks Look for any message rules or filters in effect. -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math "So...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

Merging folders in WLM
In OE and Windows Mail all messages went into the Inbox, no matter how many email addresses I had. In WLM they all go into separate folders. I'd like to have things back the way they were. How can I do this? Thanks Sorry, that's the way Windows Live Mail works. You can simulate the older mail client behavior by collapsing all the accounts to one line each, then do all your viewing via Quick View folders, which can be customized quite a bit. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "RobJenk" <...

Display Library Web Part on Parent
Can someone explain to me the best way of displaying a document library web part on a parent site? In other word, I have a sub-teamsite that has a document library and I'd like to display it as a web part on the parent site. What's the easiest and best approach? -- Thanks, Brad That really depends. Do you have WSS or MOSS? MOSS has a web part called the Content Query Web Part that will let you display a plethora of data from within the site collection, including items from a single library. If you only have WSS you can use Designer to link to the sub-site and th...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

Hotmail deletes messages in Outlook
It seems that it is the intention of Outlook is to mirror Hotmail. I deleted my messages in Hotmail to cleanup the account thinking that these messages were safe in Outlook. Upon returning to Outlook, after deleting the Hotmail messages online, my Outlook messages were also deleted, including the Archive file. Is this the correct behavior of the products (connector/Outlook/hotmail)? May I assume that all is lost? Is there a way to modify this behavior in the future, such that the messages in Outlook are safe from operations performed in Hotmail. I am just interested in downloadin...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server
Hi, At the end of the installation process we get following error: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create root business unit. Unknown error (80004000)" I believe it coud be a DNS error. However, all settings seem to be fine. I am installing CRM with an account that has Domain Admin priviledges. However, it seems that the setup can not create the first organizational unit after some basic NT User Groups are created. Anybody had the same problem? Ralf, If you are installing the new 1.2 it cre...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard In microsoft.public.money, Howard wrote: >My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go >on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck >several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't >search for over 250 symbol...

having every deleted items folder empty on exit
Hi. I have outlook 2003 set up so that my deleted items folder in my default personal folders empties when I exit. At the same time, my wife has a personal folder set up that has a deleted items folder in it as well. However, this one does not empty automatically as the default deleted items folder does upon exit. Is there any way to change this so all deleted items folders empty when I exit? Thanks for any help. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

How do I delete aliases at the store level?
We have hundreds of items in our database which we no longer use but would like to keep for sales history purposes. These items still have aliases associated with them. As we receive new items we input the SKUs as aliases in Headquarters Manager. Although RMS should not allow the same alias to be entered for more than one item, we have multiple new items that appear as an old item which has the same SKU as the new item when scanned in POS. In an effort to eliminate this problem, we went through and manually deleted all the aliases from the old items we no longer wish to use in Headqu...

all messages are deleted
I get an email in Outlook 2002. I can read it but if I go to another email the message I just read will be completely deleted from the machine. If I move it to another folder the other emails I just received will be deleted from the machine before I can read them. I have no rules on how it should handle messages. I have no filters on They're probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" vie...

unable to open password protected PST file...
I have password protected a private PST file. When I open Outlook 2002 and click on the PST file - it asks for my password. If I just click cancel there - I see no way to open that file again unless I quit Outlook and come back in. When I click on the PST file, I would have thought it would have asked for the password again, but it gives a different error and no where can you specify the password... Any ideas? Thanks, Brad Can you clarify why you are clicking on Cancel the first time Outlook prompts for your password? Normally, one would just enter the pw at the prompt and your'...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

Incorrect display
Hi, When I start my program (Access 2007), I use a form with a background picture and nothing else, while the program makes some work (50 seconds) with the data. This work is invisible to the user. The problem is the form don't display correctly. I found a temporary solution that I don't like. I force a message to be written to the form with MsgBox. Then the form and the background picture are ok. Is it another way to achieve that without using MsgBox (because the user must clic on it to close it) ? I use these two lines of code followed by some invisible work to the data. DoC...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

OE Deletes All Attachments
OE deletes ALL my attachments and some I know are OK! What setting can I change to "lossen" this thing up? Joel cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > OE deletes ALL my attachments and some I know are OK! > What setting can I change to "lossen" this thing up? No it doesn't. It "Removes Access to" - a VERY different thing. Tools-Options-Security. Did you really do ANY research at all before posting? This must be the most asked question in HISTORY! BTW, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of product...

Cannot access Public Folders via ESM
Hello, I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same problem if I try it from the exchange server, or remote. It just hangs, no error message. I or the users don’t have a problem connecting from outlook. I’m using exchange 2003 on wind server 2003 sp1 Thanks Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. "Marsel" <Marsel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBCE555-FCDD-4304-B2C4-F82E5DD1690E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same &g...

Help: Need to delete duplicates
I have an access table that has over 470,000 rows. I need to delete the duplicates. None of the "append" query ideas will work as it involves copying and pasing the structure, and Access won't allow me to copy 470,000 rows. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this? What error do you get when you run the append query? It could be that the file size is nearing the 2 GB limit. First make a backup copy of the database then run a compact and repair. Then try the append query ideas. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...