unable to display folder

 I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002, and when I go into
tools
-> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more
settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a
mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX)
and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back
to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it
says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook
could not access the specified folder location."

I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works
fine. Other people in my organization can access this
mailbox just as doing what i did above. What might be
causing outlook to not allow me to access the mailbox? Do
I have to change any settings?

Thanks,
Michael
0
miborlin (1)

display yrs of Svc
Hi...hope you can help. I have a few worksheets with some personnel info. I put all of this in one worksheet. One of the items I have listed is their promotion date. On another worksheet, I copy the promotion date so I can do a calculation (=Personnel!E6). The formula I use to calculate their time in grade is =IF(E8<>"",DATEDIF(E8,TODAY(),"y"),"") The problem I have, if the promotion date in the "Personnel" sheet is blank, the formula is returning a value of 106 instead of being blank until I enter a promotion date on the "Personnel"...

Can't hide sound icon display during slide show
I've tried checking the box to hide the sound icon in the slide show (under Custom Animations; Effect Options; Sound Settings) and I've also tried moving the sound icon off the slide in the "Normal" view, and neither work to remove the sound icon. (The sound file is set to play automatically when the slide is displayed, and it does play, but the icon is right there in the middle of the slide.) Does anyone have a suggestion on how else I might be able to hide the sound icon? Thank you. Hi Can you confirm that the sound icon appears in slide show view? I...

taxutil.dll
I have been using Money2000 successfully for the last 4 years. I tried to start it today and I received the error "MSMONEY caused an exception 10H in module TAXUTIL.DLL at 017f: 295b207a.". I checked my system and this dll is still there. Then I tried re-installing with no success. Finally I uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. Any ideas? Can you navigate to the msmoney.exe and open the program directly from there? Can you open the Sample file? Try removing and reinstalling to a new folder. "Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Unable to send mail or reply
Hi there I'm in dire straits, When I try to send a new mail message or reply to mail using the "reply" button I get this message: "the message could not be sent because one of the receipients was rejected by the server.Server responce 550 relaying mail to........is not allowed. Error number 0 x 800 ccc79" Please help I am a computer idiot. Kind regards, Ben does your server require authentication to send? are you using the SMTP server provided by your sip? many force you to use theirs. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

Folders #4
If you have multiple POP3 accounts in Outlook 2002 is it possible to have the e-mails go to seperate file folders? I created new Outlook data files but it does not let me desiginate seperate folder. When I have one all of them get changed. Thanks in advance... Bob I'm not sure what you mean by "when I have one all of them get changed"...can you please elaborate? New e-mail will always come into the Inbox of your default set of Personal Folders first; you can use rules to redirect the messages to other folders or open .PST files after they arrive. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP ...

Public folder replication between sites
Hi, I have mixed mode Exchange 2003 organization. There are 3-Exc5.5 and 2-Exchange 2003 sites. I try to replicate public folders. PFs are replicated to Exc5.5 sites but not replicated to Exc2003 site. I can see 3018 and 3019 in the event viewer in source Exchange whenever I force replication. At the same time I see event id 3093 but I am sure that Public folder replication agent is running because I find an event id which shows replication agent started. Note: There are checkpoints in every sites. However there is no restriction between Exchanges and DCs. I wait for your help please. Thank...

Display name in Active Directory...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I used the ADSI tool to change the display name for my domain users to lastname, firstname. I used the ADModify tool to change all existing accounts Display name to have the new format so ALL my users display name now reads LastName, FirstName in the properites sheet. This gets reflected in GAL so things look good. I only have one problem, when I view the users name in active directory users and computers, the listings shows first name lastname. Is there any tool I can use instead of manually renaming all the existi...

How do i create a custom folder in the outlook folder list that
everyone will get? also what would be the best way to export the contents of that? my hope is to have my users move spam into this folder and be able to export it and review it before blocking. thank you =?Utf-8?B?am9u?= <jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:220AEF69-110E-441D-8E64-919D35669EDA@microsoft.com: > everyone will get? > > also what would be the best way to export the contents of that? my > hope is to have my users move spam into this folder and be able to > export it and review it before blocking. Possibly a public folder? Regards, -- Arlo ...

OWA
Hi all! Is there any chance to enable Reply, Reply To All, and Forward buttons in Public Folders in OWA? Thanx for any hint! -- R.V. You can do this in Exchange 2003 as long as you have a front-end server. IIRC, this is a new feature in Exchange 2003 and not available in previous versions. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Radovan Vojtek" <RadovanVojtek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B81446C-73C1-428B-80CC-119B4667C2C4@microsoft.com... > Hi all! > > Is there any chance to en...

delete outlook mailbox folder
when I try to delete a mailbox folder iin 2007 I get a message "cannot remove the items the folder is full" the recommended fix is to change permissions but I don't know how. these folders were created in an earlier version of Outlook and imported when I upgraded to 2007 moved http://www.msoutlook.info/question/288 On Dec 31, 5:00=A0pm, Margi <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I try to delete a mailbox folder iin 2007 I get a message "cannot re= move > the items the folder is full" the recommended fix is to change permission= s &...

Displaying durations in Excel
I have a worksheet which calculates a duration in hours...is there a built-in number formatter that could display that as h:mm:ss? How would I create a formatter to do that if there isn't? All the built-in "time" formatters seem to be stuck on telling the time of day. Try Custom format: [hh]:mm:ss Regards Trevor "Verbatim" <Verbatim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC52174C-7CE7-464A-BE78-D471AF0336AA@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet which calculates a duration in hours...is there a >built-in > number formatter that could di...

Hidden folder problem
I have 1 hidden folder. All the others seem visible. My folder is C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Favorite\Links I want to add some bookmarks to Links. It is visible in CMD mode I have "Show hidden files & folders" checked in tools Any ideas? Bob Open Internet Explorer, and add them there. Bob wrote: > I have 1 hidden folder. All the others seem visible. My folder is > C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Favorite\Links > I want to add some bookmarks to Links. It is visible in CMD mode > I have "Show hidden files & folders&q...

Public Folders Problem!
I have used SBS premium 2003 that run with exchnage/SP2,Clients side using Outlook 2000 for connect to exchange; NOw; When Client try to connect the public folder using Outlook,The Outlook was not respond and then I can not using it. in this case What should check I? Thanks From now Best Regards. Dissolve <unknown@solve.net> wrote: > I have used SBS premium 2003 that run with exchnage/SP2,Clients side > using Outlook 2000 for connect to exchange; Since you have SBS2003, you can (and really should) install Outlook 2003 for all your users. It's a lot better (and OL2000 h...

OWA Public folder problem
don't know if this is the right place to post this question but I'll ask anyway. I am running Exchange 2003 on w2k3 and using OWA. I click on the link to open Public Folders and a new IE window opens with a list of all the public folders available to me. I then go into one of these folders and see that there is a message in it with an attachment. In the reading pane I only get the To; and From fields. I then try to open the post and a new window opens ( I assumed the new window would contain the message) but I then get a http 403 error. I checked exchange system manager and directory...

error
Hi, I am new to excel programming. Want to create a 3D Surface chart. I a using VB 6.0 and Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library. Data for the char is in the text file and I don't want to put that data in worksheet Instead I have populated that data in Variant arrays. Three Varian arrays for 3 Axes. But i am getting error for the following code: Set objExcelApp = New Excel.Application Set objExcelWkb = objExcelApp.Workbooks.Add Set objExcelWs = objExcelWkb.Worksheets(1) Set objExcelCht = objExcelWkb.Charts.Add Set objexcelseries1 = objExcelCht.SeriesCollection.NewSerie -- vj ------------...

Run-time Error 2585: Unable to Close Form
Hi, I need some help here, no matter what I do I can not close the FS form. On my FS For I have on single text box (tlogin) and I am using the Enter event to to some "systems checks" then launch the Main Form (FMAIN) Private Sub tlogin_Enter() On Error GoTo Err_Command_tlogin_Enter If IsNull(Me.tlogin) = True Then Exit Sub End If var_user = Me.tlogin 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON TC If emp_is_tc(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON TC 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON DBA If emp_is_dba(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON DBA, EXIT SU...

Why does AutoFilter display rows NOT selected from drop down box?
In Win 2003 Excel with a list of columns, one column has numerous blank cells and the adjacent column is blank (except for the header). With autofilter on, a value is selected from the drop down box. The first set of rows with the selected value displays, along with rows of other values not selected. The subsequent rows with the selected value are not moved to the top, but reside within the remaining rows. COLUMN Putting autofilter on this column and seleting for Bob: COLUMN ...

Page displaying in design view, but layout view shows blank screen
I have a multi-page form where each page displays a different subform, for a total of 10 pages. This is a database/form setup that has worked for years, but now I've encountered a strange issue in Access 2007. 9 of the 10 pages display with no problems; one page however comes up blank. If I look at the design view for just that page, it displays correctly, but the layout view gives me just a blank white screen/page. If I look at the page from within the main form, it displays correctly in design view, but when switching to layout view, the rest of the form displays correc...

can't mail enable public folder
I have an Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 running in native mode. It was a clean install, no upgrade. I didn't encouter any problem when I right click a public folder and mail enable it. However, when I tried to access the property of the folder, I got "The mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: c1038a21" I researched on the web and couldn't find any solution that seems to work. Please advise. Thank you, Lei Anything in the app event log? Have you app...

Unable to locate folders
The message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." is displayed when I attempt to use the inbox or the calendar in Outlook. I am using Outlook 2002 and Windows XP for the first time on a new machine. Everything else seems to work OK. I have tried loading Outlook with the cleanviews switch but it does not work. Thanks PC ...

display part of a text string
I have a field called CONTACT that has both a name and phone number as text. I need to separate this into two fields, NAME and PHONE. How do I display just the name? Since the string is of variable length, how do I define the length as a variable. I can pull the phone number out with Right(contact,12) since it is always ten characters long. But how do I treat the name since I never know how long the name will be or how it will be formatted. Examples: Steve Jones 908-555-1211 Brenda A Smith 704-222-8899 Toni Frankin-Jackson 212-101-6630 On Thu, 03 May 2007 22:50:20 -0400, Mark McCoy w...

unable to open default mail folders #2
I used to use my computer on my network at work. Now I can't open my outlook because I'm no longer connected to a server. Any tips on what I need to do so that my system no longer thinks I'm part of the network? petemcdonough @verizon.net pete <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used to use my computer on my network at work. Now I > can't open my outlook because I'm no longer connected to a > server. Any tips on what I need to do so that my system > no longer thinks I'm part of the network? Yes. Talk to your IT people at wo...

IMAP and local folders

Vertical bar on the left of my folders has diappeared
I have Windows XP SP3. Until about a week ago in folders in "My Documents" e.g. My Pictures folder I had a vertical bar on the left with a number of links e.g. "Email this file" and "Copy to CD" etc. etc. This bar has now completely disappeared and is no longer there. Could someone please advise what could have happened and how to get it back again please. > I had a vertical bar on the left with a number of > This bar has now completely disappeared Tools > Folder Options > General (x) Show common tasks in Folder Lg Marcello ...

Automatic "Mark as read" for 1 folder?
I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2). I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb" folder. Is there some way I can create a rule that when a message goes into the Qurb folder it is automatically marked as read? "T. Wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23dX0GakSEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP-2). I also use Qurb, a whitelist, to > automatically direct spam out of my InBox and into a separate "Qurb" folder. > > Is there some way I can create...