Unable to delete "sent" mail from folder

I am running Outlook 2000.  Currently my Sent mail folder is approx. 58 meg.
I am unable to delete or archive "sent" messages from as far back as October
2001.   I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown
error".  This only happens in this folder.  I suspect it may relate to
relocating my .pst files from the server to my local folder
"c:/docs&settings/myusername/local settings/application
data/microsoft/outlook".  Or it could relate to migrating from Outlook 98 to
Outlook 2000 (which occured before I moved the .pst file).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Cliff

0
cdoucet (1)

Cliff <cdoucet@swbell.net> wrote:

> I am running Outlook 2000.  Currently my Sent mail folder is approx.
> 58 meg. I am unable to delete or archive "sent" messages from as far
> back as October 2001.   I get the message "The messaging interface
> has returned an unknown error".  This only happens in this folder.  I
> suspect it may relate to relocating my .pst files from the server to
> my local folder "c:/docs&settings/myusername/local
> settings/application data/microsoft/outlook".  Or it could relate to
> migrating from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000 (which occured before I
> moved the .pst file).

Personally, I'd just create a new PST, set it to be my default delivery
location, and then move all items I wish to keep to it.  I'd then close the
old PST and delete it from disk.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillman (1436)

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Controlling NDR's sent to Originator
Hi, I have a scenario: An Exchange2k User sets up an Auto Forward Rule to forward all inbound mail to a personal email account. This person recieves email into his Inbox and the Rule fires off forwarding the email to their personal account. His personal account is not reachable and Exchange sends a NDR to the original sender. Example: Step 1: john23@example.com sends email to corpuser7@corp14.com Step 2: corpuser7@corp14.com has an Inbox rule that forwards this email to his personal account at homeacct@isporg.com Step 3: exchangeserver.corp14.com recieves an NDR from pubmailer.isporg.c...

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...

Reply to emails uses the contact primary email not the sent from e
Hi, We have encountered a problem with MSCRM when replying to an incoming email. The email must be resolved to a contact record (either automatically by recognition of a unique email address or manually) in order to reply. When the reply is sent, it is sent to the default (primary) email address for the Contact and not to the email address that the customer sent the original email from! There doesnt appear to be any way to select an alternative email address. Has anyone come across this problem before? If so, any advice on how to proceed? (We dont really want to overwrite the primary ...

outlook 2007 sent messages
Afternoon, I have a user on vista using outlook 2007 to an imap server back end (not exchange). This was working, but now something isn't right. When the user sends a message the message is briefly flashed in the Sent folder, then goes away. I can check the server to verify the message is there, but the message does not appear in the Sent folder. The things that do appear in the Sent folder are two weeks or more old. I have checked the View on the Sent folder and I don't see anything wrong. This box, and microsoft office, are fully patched. Suggestions on how to fix this? TIA Mik...

Set Outlook to NOT save attachments in Sent Items?
Is there a setting, registry key, etc. in Outlook that can be sent so that the text of messages is saved to Sent Items but not the attachments? I mean, I already have the file ;) Having another copy in my Sent Items just uses up space. I believe this can be done with Outlook Express but I can't find a relevant setting in Outlook. Outlook 2003, if that matters. Thanks, -S. No. Not without running code or a third party program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be de...

cannot mail excel documents or open attachments sent to me
i can not open attachments sent to me or can i send excel documents. Hi what error message do you get exactly? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "meadows" <meadows@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AF8E112F-7032-4CAE-B75A-CFAF7A88C275@microsoft.com... > i can not open attachments sent to me or can i send excel documents. ...

Rules for sent items
I am a new user and have just learned that I can use rules to direct incoming mail for different email IDs to different folders. Can I do the same thing for sent items...i.e. create a rule which puts mail from person 'A' into "A's Sent Items" folder and mail from person 'B' to "B'a Sent Items" Thanks....JOHN I had posted this as a add-on to a different post, but was afraid it would get lost. Hope it does not cause confusion or add'l effort on anyones part. Rules don't work very well with sent items where it involves moving items t...

Copy of sent e-mails in customized folder
Hi, is there an easy way to make OL2007 saving sent e-mails as original in sent items and as copy in an user-defined folder? Using the OL-standard-function to save sent e-mails will only save the mail in the selected folder, but I need the sent mail in the sent items-folder, too. Thanx Carsten "Carsten" <Carsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19EEF9A2-4965-466D-85CE-8E6F889CB70F@microsoft.com... > is there an easy way to make OL2007 saving sent e-mails as original in sent > items and as copy in an user-defined folder? > >...

double mail sent
Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I don't have this problem (only with outlook express) Can you help me? Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:32:33 +0200, roberta <roby@tis.it> wrote: >Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 > >Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I >don't have this problem (only with outlook express) > >Can you help me? > >Thanks This is a SQL server newsgroup, if you are having problems with mdaemon you may ...

Sent emails (IMAP) always duplicated in OL
Whenever I send an email I get two in my Sent Items folder - one shows the envelope icon closed, the other one shows the envelope icon open (as if read). What is causing this to happen, and how can I fix it? Thanks! "CJ33414" <CJ33414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C61FFA3-0891-4D5D-9D78-BFCA4D7D3BDA@microsoft.com... > Whenever I send an email I get two in my Sent Items folder - one shows the > envelope icon closed, the other one shows the envelope icon open (as if > read). What is causing this to happen, and how can I fix it? Wh...

Question about installing the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router on Exchange server with Mail Essentials anti-spammer installed
Getting ready to install the CRM-Exchange e-mail router on my Exchange 2000 Server. We also happen to have the Mail Essentials Anti-Spam software installed on this exchange server. Does anyone know of any negative interactions or anything I need to be aware of before installing the E-mail router? Thanks for the response! -Dave Vandenberghe dave@global-image.com We too are using third-party anti-spam software on our Exchange 2K server and it hasn't had any conflict with the Email Router for CRM. -Gary "Dave Vandenberghe" <dave@global-image.com> wrote in message ne...

Track e-mails sent between CRM Users as two activities
We are on CRM 4.0, with Rollup1 installed and I was told a while ago that I should check the box in System Settings > E-mail to Yes - Track e-mails sent between CRM Users as two activities. I believe there was a problem at the time with Queues and emails not being tracked. Now that I have installed Rollup1 and Hotfix 953340, with registry key DoNotIgnoreInternalEmailToQueues = 1, can anyone tell me if I can Uncheck the box ‘Track e-mails sent between CRM Users as Two Activities'? Looking in History and seeing double every time (Sent and Received) is a NIGHTMARE to work off of. ...

Live Mail adds an "r" to my email address when sent.
I send an email and the person receiving it get it with my email address with an "r" add to the end so I get no reply's. Help!! Tools | Accounts | Mail Account | Properties | General Tab. Is the e-mail address there correct? Or does it have a "r" at the end? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jerryski" <Jerryski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF7D98D2-8322-4F76-8BC6-E61B02ACF19C@microsoft.com... >I send an email and the person receiving it get it with my email address >w...

using sent to --> mail
Hi group, while I right click on any document and do ->> sent to ->> mail then i get that document attched in a email with subject emailing (( document name)) Here can I remove emailing so this wont come again automatically SAM sam <sam@gro.com> wrote: > while I right click on any document and do ->> sent to ->> mail > > then i get that document attched in a email with subject emailing (( > document name)) > > Here can I remove emailing so this wont come again automatically No. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://www.slipstick....

unable to receive mails sent to distribution list
hello we have been unable to receive mails sent to a distribution list. The message actually leaves the outbox but does not get submitted locally. when the mail is tracked using message trackin centre the report is "Message scheduled to retry categorization" please help these messages need to get to their receipients On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 05:05:02 -0800, ihuoma <ihuoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello >we have been unable to receive mails sent to a distribution list. The >message actually leaves the outbox but does not get submitted locally. >when the ma...

A Publisher 2002 document sent to me starts at page 2.
How can I change it so that it starts correctly at page 1. Select all on each page, group, drag them out to the scratch area, drag page two to page one and page one to page two. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Robert Sterry" <Robert Sterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3080E11-CFE3-4144-B6E7-04D2A2B47E39@microsoft.com... > How can I change it so that it starts correctly at page 1. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Robert Sterry <Robe...

Email not in sent items folder
Using Outlook 2000, when sending an email from Word or Excel using File --> Send --> As Attachment, email is sent fine, but does not show up in Sent Items folder. Help! Do you have save a copy in the sent folder turned on, under options. >-----Original Message----- >Using Outlook 2000, when sending an email from Word or >Excel using File --> Send --> As Attachment, email is sent >fine, but does not show up in Sent Items folder. Help! >. > Yep, it's checked. >-----Original Message----- >Do you have save a copy in the sent folder turned on, >u...

Sent Items from another mailbox
I have a mailbox set-up (mailbox A) and have full permissions and permissions to send from another mailbox (mailbox B). While logging on as Mailbox A and sending something from mailbox B the message appears in sent items of mailbox A. Is there anyway I can send something from mailbox B and while logged in as Mailbox A and have the message appear in the sent items folder of Mailbox B. I hope this hasn't confused anyone. ...

List of Emails from Sent Box?
I'm changing email addresses and I want to get a list of all the email addresses in my sent box in outlook to send a notice that I'll be switching addresses. Is thare an easy way to do this? ...

outlook 2003
Hi, I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of..." option. How is it possible to move these mails to a different folder with a rule? I couldn't find any option or way to do this? Is there a solution? Thanks, Marton Take a look at UniSent application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.com> wrote in message news:ej$oteyHFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of...&qu...

Sent Mail does not store in Sent Items folder?
Outlook 2003 Sent emails are not being stored in the Sent Items folder? It is checked under email options-> Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder. Any help appreciated. Thanks. -Mike Mike Olin <Molin@AmericanProfile.com> wrote: > Sent emails are not being stored in the Sent Items folder? > > It is checked under email options-> Save copies of messages in Sent > Items folder. Are any items in that folder right now? If so, how many? -- Brian Tillman Yes. There are items from 5/17 back, but not forward, approximately 340 emails? I tried recreating the loc...

Exchange 2007: undeliverable email is not sent to postmaster
I have created a mailbox with smtp email address postmaster@mydomain.local. It does not collect undeliverable email yet, dont know why. Is there a way to set this nondeliverable email to this mailbox in Exchange 2007? All undeliverable email now stays in the pickup directory and automatically receives the extension .BAD after a while. However, the original emails I cannot find anywhere! Pleas help, thanks ...

Logging Sent and Received Internet Mail?
Hi, Could someone out there please tell me how to log all sent and received internet mail on my exchange 2003 server. Thanks! Turn tracking on. Go to the properties on the server in Exchange System Manager (or if you have a server policy go to the policy), check enable message tracking and subject logging (optional) and set a time limit for removing log files. If you need to keep the logging info longer make sure you implement a backup strategy for the server.log folder where the logs will be kept. Glen "DM SysOp" <DMSysOp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Appointments sent to Cell Phone
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007. I've got a busy week ahead of me and wondered, is there any way that Outlook can send me my appointments I have entered in when I'm away and not using Outlook? I'm not using Exchange Server. I have also looked and searched for similar posts that relates to my question. Yes, I have found similar posts and possible answers but still not quite of what I am looking for. Sure wish Outlook had something like this built in! -- Take Care, Jordan Montgomery It would be helpful if we knew what kind of cell phone you're talking about? I...