Unable to delete email message in 'deleted' folder

Hi all,

I am unable to perform any action on one particular email
message (for eg, move it to another folder, delete it,
forward it, reply it....). It will cause my outlook 2000
to hang and i have to restart it.

That particular email message has nothing in the 'from'
field. It is a spam message i believe. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)

Can you select the message and use SHIFT+DEL to delete it?

Delon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am unable to perform any action on one particular email
> message (for eg, move it to another folder, delete it,
> forward it, reply it....). It will cause my outlook 2000
> to hang and i have to restart it.
>
> That particular email message has nothing in the 'from'
> field. It is a spam message i believe. Can anyone help?
> Thanks.

0
lanwench (7567)
2/14/2004 4:51:03 PM
Hihi...
I also can't do a SHIFT-DELETE. There is nothing i can do
to that message. The Outlook will jusf close down with
error. Can any one suggest anything? Thanks...

0
anonymous (74722)
2/15/2004 2:53:59 AM
Try disabling the preview pane and then delete the message.
Start->run->outlook.exe /nopreview

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
asked:
| Hihi...
| I also can't do a SHIFT-DELETE. There is nothing i can do
| to that message. The Outlook will jusf close down with
| error. Can any one suggest anything? Thanks...

0
MillyS4407 (663)
2/15/2004 3:17:33 AM
If that doesn't work, all that is left is a new profile and do not import
the deleted items folder!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutsendingmemail.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Try disabling the preview pane and then delete the message.
> Start->run->outlook.exe /nopreview
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
> asked:
> | Hihi...
> | I also can't do a SHIFT-DELETE. There is nothing i can do
> | to that message. The Outlook will jusf close down with
> | error. Can any one suggest anything? Thanks...

0
JonathanT (55)
2/16/2004 2:36:41 AM
Hi all,
Thanks for all yr valuable comment, it still doesn't work.=20
my outlook 2000 still shut down with error when i tried to=20
perform any action on that particular email message.

Milly: I can't open outlook 2000 with the "/nopreview"=20
option, but i manage to switch off the preview pane when i=20
am in outlook but it still doesn't work...

Can teach me how to create a new profile but do not import=20
the "deleted Item" folder? From what i know for outlook=20
2000, all the folders are being combined together into a=20
personal file with extension ".pst", so how do we leave=20
out the "deleted Item" folder when doing the importing?

Thanks all...

and do not import
>the deleted items folder!
>
>"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
><MillyS@donteventhinkaboutsendingmemail.mvps.org> wrote=20
in message
>> Try disabling the preview pane and then delete the=20
message.
>> Start->run->outlook.exe /nopreview
>>
>> --=81
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.

>> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
>> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com=20
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> asked:
>> | Hihi...
>> | I also can't do a SHIFT-DELETE. There is nothing i=20
can do
>> | to that message. The Outlook will jusf close down with
>> | error. Can any one suggest anything? Thanks...

delete it?
the 'from'
help?

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

public folder replication and mta failure (on a cluster)
hello all question...is pf replication dependant upon mta? we had a cluster which was being retired but didn't know some replicas still existed and exchange can't be removed we got the SG recreated and the pf store mounted (it was removed before attempt to remove exchange), but cluster MTA service fails the folders were removed as having replicas on this server, but still show in pf instances does it take a really long time for it to go away from pf instances or is the failure of mta having anything to do with it? pf replication is set to always run been searching all over and...

Emptying 'Deleted Items' folder on exit
I am running WLM version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) on Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I have 'Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on exit' checked under Maintenance, but they're all still there when I exit and restart WLM. Is there another setting I should be looking at to make this work? TIA, -- SC Tom Tom, I experienced the same thing earlier today. I'm new to WLM and found that if you "checked" the ''Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on > exit' after there were items in the Deleted Items folder, it ...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

MyDocuments folder
hi, i am tring to create folder in MyDocuments, with this function HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(path,GENERIC_WRITE|GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); where path = _T("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti") + _T("\\FileName.xxx"); i used ("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti to get the path of mydocuments but i didnt find the file , i used GetLastError(); where the function tell me the path is incorect any idea to get the path of mydocuments folder thanks for help You could use: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...

Exchange 2000 Public Folders NOT Replicating to Exchnge 2003
I have seen many others experiencing this same problem and no one seems to have a solution. Basically, like everyone else, I placed a new Ex 2003 server into a native Ex 2000 environment. I want to replicate the public folders from 2000 to 2003 and decommission 2000. However, no matter what I try, the folders refuse to replicate. Turning up diagnostic logging doesn't reveal anything helpful; I have it set to max logging for all. When you check the folders, they say in-sync. I've looked at Q812294, Q316760, Q286356 all the others and tried everything I have been able to find. I&#...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

Removing Message Handler
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ on Windows XP and am developing Windows graphics code using the MFC AppWizard. I have a class, CImageView, which is derived from CScrollView. I would like to add a message handler for WM_LBUTTONDOWN but, when I got go "Add Windows Message Handler", this is already in the list of added handlers. When I highlight it and click "Edit Existing" I am taken to OnMouseMove(). There does not appear to be a way to remove this handler so that I can add it properly. It is possible that I added it at some point and then rmoved it by deleting every re...

Sending message as a delegate
Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of these people). jschwartz@pattonboggs.com wrote: > Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says > it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of > these people). A message can come from only one address/account, so, short answer is no. ...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

Excel 'hangs' when deleting a row
when i delete a row in excel 2000, everything locks up! and when lookup at Task Manager/Processes, it's MEM USAGE goes up to 22K o more! i tried doing it in another file but i experienced no error. the dat is in LAN. all data are filtered when the deletion began. however i ca delete files before. please help, anyone.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The best thing is to free up memory (assuming your file is large). Clos all applications you do not require at the time and any workbooks no in use. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to >find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is >included in wind...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Can you delete and empty an open email

no content in the email body
Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the content is in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. There is no content in the email body. "stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the > content is > in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. > > There is no content in the email body. I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way to fix it,...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Send and Receive All Error Message
When Sending and Receiving before going offline with Outlook XP,(exchange 2000) I get the following error... Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

Public Folder Replication not running
We have two exchange 2000 servers in the same exchange organization, same active directory domain. We have one set of public folders that have been configured to replicate to both servers. We would create public folders on one server and then they replicate to the other server immediately (replication interval set to "always"). But last week the replication suddenly stopped for new folders, although existing ones still appear to replicate their contents. When we create a new folder on one server, and set it in system manger to replicate to the other server, replicas never appear ...

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...