Unable to delete an e-mail in the deleted item folder

I cannot delete an e-mail from my deleted folder.  I could
not read the e-mail when originally received.  Moved it to
the deleted folder.  I have tried several ways to delete
the item.  I continue to get a illegal operation error
message.  This is the message in the details screen:

module PSTPRX32.DLL at 0167:3ff6153c.
Registers:
EAX=00000001 CS=0167 EIP=3ff6153c EFLGS=00010246
EBX=0056ef40 SS=016f ESP=0056eea0 EBP=0056efb4
ECX=0000003c DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=48a7
EDX=00ef2732 ES=016f EDI=00cf1728 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 06 ff 50 4c 85 c0 89 45 08 0f 8c 50 fe ff ff
Stack dump:
00000000 01000000 0056ef40 50544d53 5253543a 54404a4e
4f435253 4c55534e 474e4954 4d4f432e 00000000 3ff61400
3001001e bff713e2 00cf1720 bfe815be

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Andy

0
anonymous (74722)

Does this relate to your problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290782

"Andy Hudak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot delete an e-mail from my deleted folder.  I could
> not read the e-mail when originally received.  Moved it to
> the deleted folder.  I have tried several ways to delete
> the item.  I continue to get a illegal operation error
> message.  This is the message in the details screen:
>
> module PSTPRX32.DLL at 0167:3ff6153c.
> Registers:
> EAX=00000001 CS=0167 EIP=3ff6153c EFLGS=00010246
> EBX=0056ef40 SS=016f ESP=0056eea0 EBP=0056efb4
> ECX=0000003c DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=48a7
> EDX=00ef2732 ES=016f EDI=00cf1728 GS=0000
> Bytes at CS:EIP:
> 8b 06 ff 50 4c 85 c0 89 45 08 0f 8c 50 fe ff ff
> Stack dump:
> 00000000 01000000 0056ef40 50544d53 5253543a 54404a4e
> 4f435253 4c55534e 474e4954 4d4f432e 00000000 3ff61400
> 3001001e bff713e2 00cf1720 bfe815be
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Andy

0
dot1 (1)
2/25/2004 4:22:33 PM
Suggestion, move the message to a junk folder you make fresh, the
shift-delete the folder so it doens't hit the Deleted Items folder as a next
step.
Ken

<dot@dotcom.com> wrote in message
> Does this relate to your problem?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290782
>

> "Andy Hudak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I cannot delete an e-mail from my deleted folder.  I could
> > not read the e-mail when originally received.  Moved it to
> > the deleted folder.  I have tried several ways to delete
> > the item.  I continue to get a illegal operation error
> > message.  This is the message in the details screen:
> >
> > module PSTPRX32.DLL at 0167:3ff6153c.
> > Registers:
> > EAX=00000001 CS=0167 EIP=3ff6153c EFLGS=00010246
> > EBX=0056ef40 SS=016f ESP=0056eea0 EBP=0056efb4
> > ECX=0000003c DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=48a7
> > EDX=00ef2732 ES=016f EDI=00cf1728 GS=0000
> > Bytes at CS:EIP:
> > 8b 06 ff 50 4c 85 c0 89 45 08 0f 8c 50 fe ff ff
> > Stack dump:
> > 00000000 01000000 0056ef40 50544d53 5253543a 54404a4e
> > 4f435253 4c55534e 474e4954 4d4f432e 00000000 3ff61400
> > 3001001e bff713e2 00cf1720 bfe815be
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andy

0
Morohval (26)

POP3 server, messages NOT deleted from the server
I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the option "Leave on the server" with the additional option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Rem...

publisher
Publisher crashed while performing an e-mail merge with a large excel file of e-mail addresses. How can I tell if any e-mails were created before the crash? (I later re-did the merge successfully, and sent the e-mails, but some duplicates were sent out mysteriously.....and all the duplicates were in the beginning rows of the excel file of addresses. Am I right to conclude that before crashing on the first attempt, some e-mails were created, and stored somewhere....that got picked up and sent along with the e-mails created on the second (successful) attempt? If so, where would I go t...

Persoanl folder, etc. not closed properly
Computer running XP and Outlook 2003. Started slowing down and often won't open Outlook. Opening safe mode I get two messages: The data file "personal Folders" was not closed properly... The data file "Archives" was not closed properly... ....The file is being checked for problems. It doesn't seem to find any problems. I've run AdAware in safe mode, and AVG Virus Scan doesn't find any viruses. I've run SpyBot and VClean. I've cleaned up the drive and check for defragmentation. I've looked at all the start-up files and found one -- Wi...

Outlook 2000 error in pst folder
I received an error on my Outlook 2000 when the Inbox or senf folder is attempting to open.The error is in the Windows .pst folder. I am told by Outlook to use the Detect and repair with the program CD. I have tried that, however the problem still exists. I have set up another user account in XP Home and that is a fix, but not very practical. Any Ideas? It says to run the Inbox repair tool. That is scanpst.exe. By default located in; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID> -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox...

E-mail Reply Problem !!!!!
Hi, I've got one Exchange Server 2003 (w/o SP1) in the network, all user is using Outlook 2003, when the user has sent out the mail via "Reply All", the field "TO" or "CC" only display local user E-mail Address but other E-mail Address doesn't not exist ??? I don't know the problem is in Exchange Server or Outlook. Please help and give me the solution. Tks a Lot !!!!! ...

Deleted User Account
I�m hoping that perhaps you might be able to help me with a deleted user account issue I�m having on Exchange 2003. I accidentally deleted a user account and now I�m having problems recovering that user�s email. I recreated the user account, went into exchange system manager and reconnected the mailbox store to the new account. But now when I try to access the email account it doesn�t recognize the password although the user can log onto the server. TIA <abc123> wrote in message news:lutmp0hk7jjbn2nk1h22v7qp3u0jb5rgnv@4ax.com... > I'm hoping that perhaps you might be a...

Moving Folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I imported all of my folders from Mail. They appeared in a &quot;Mail Import&quot; folder. There are about 180 folders. How can I grab and drop all of them at once to take them out of the Mail Import&quot; folder? On 2/5/10 6:07 PM, in article 59bb257c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Old_Vinnie@officeformac.com" <Old_Vinnie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How can I grab and drop all of them at once to take them out of the Mail > Import" folder? You will...

Duplicate mail forwarded
This is a Windows 2003 SP1 server with patches up to date, Exchange 2003 SP-2. We are using forwarding rules on the mailboxes to forward messages to certain user's Blackberry devices. We are getting several messages sent multiple times (up to 20 at a time). I've looked for a black-hole router, but didn't find any, but I enabled the black-hole router detection anyway - no difference. I've looked in the SMTP logs, and I think I found the entries from a particular message that was received only once in the user's mailbox, but 3 times at the Blackberry. This message wa...

Emails sent to public folders not received
Our Exchange 5.5 site was migrated to Exchange 2003 Following the decomissioning of the Exchange 5.5 server, emails sent from external addressed to the mail enabled public folders were not being recieved. The senders were not recieving a bound back or NDR Emails from internal addresses were recieved. This was resolved by giving the anonymous account contribute permissions to the public folders. Question: What happened to the emails that were sent to the public folders before the permissions were changed? There was no NDR. Note: there is a mailsweeper in place Are the emails located on the ...

Viewing E-Mail Strings
I have many messages that i send, answered back by the receiver, send back to the receiver, and so on. I would like to be able to sort my inbox by these strings so I can print out the final e-mail that contains all the back and forths but also be able to delete out all the prior ones that already are contained in the final e-mail. I also keep track of e-mail receipts and reads and would also like to see those in the time line if possible. I receive many e-mails that contain the same subject line but are different conversations so sorting by that field is not useful. I'm o...

Cannot delete Sent Items
I am trying to clean up about 2000 messages in a users "Sent Items" folder. I've tried highlighting one or more items and clicking on the delete button and I get no response. I've also right clicked on just one and selected delete and still nothing. Anybody have any suggestions as to what may be happening. Thanks Monty ...

Template Folder and Default Location
I am trying to add templates to the FILE>>NEW window but I have so confused myself at this point that I am hoping you kind folks will clear this up for me The templates that show up there now are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\103 I tried adding my new ones to this folder but they didn't show up so I did a little "investigating" in the newsgroups and found that I too (like others I came across) have more than one instance of an XLStart folder as follows 1. C:\Program Files\MS Office\Office (this has one folder in it called "personal" and...

Why is my favorite folders pane gone? How do I get it back?
They say you can't do this. In the little buttons on the bottom, click on the envelope that corresponds to "Mail." That will get the view back that has the favorite folders and all mail folder in it. Click on the little folder to go to regular folder view. Cappy "zfolwick" <zfolwick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EB8D60-5483-4978-80C4-38A6DD598E91@microsoft.com... > They say you can't do this. Geez. . . so. . . it's a problem with the ID 10 T working the keyboard that's taking the short bus. Thanks, man. "Cappy&q...

Permanently deleting mail from deleted items folder?
Any one found a way of permanently deleting obvious junk mail from deleted items folder yet or is there any Knowledge Base article on it yet beyond the one which say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly? Generally, emptying the Deleted Items folder permanently deletes the contents. I'm curious, which KB article are you referring to that "say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly"? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fi...

How do I get Outlook2003 to open folders when new mail arrives?
Outlook 2003 / ms Exchange 2007 Hi How do I get Outlook2003 to open folders when new mail arrives? Background: I have just changed my profile so that we now use Ms Exchange(2007) with our Outlook(2003). In my previous profile (which used .PST files), when new mail arrives in a folder (having been placed there by a rule), Outlook would automatically open each folder when it puts new emails into that folder. This would mean that previously I could see at a glance where new emails have arrived (because the foldername has gone bold, with the number of unread emails also showing in brackets). ...

Change to Insert Drop Down Menu Items Office 2003 Win Vista Home P
When I click Insert>Auto Text>Signature in Word 32003, all of a sudden, beside many of the choices with an > I'm seeing the message Sign Into Office Live Workspace Beta. As I said, it's beside quite a few of the choices in this drop down list. If I click it, it does nothing. I did nothing to change this. Have I gotten an Update from Microsoft that changed something? Now why would Microsoft release an update that screws up Word Pro 2003. Are we pushing 2007 or 2010? Any answers to help restore this function to its working status is greatle appreciated. I alrea...

second mail message template
Hello, I would like to have 2 mail messages. 1 with a signature and one without. how can this be done? how do you create another template(?) for a mail message? and list it in the new dialog? thanks ...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

Still cannot recieve mail.
I am using a windows live account, I am trying to set up windows mail to connect to that account. I am now able to send I just can't receive. I get this error message. Account: 'Personal ', Server: 'POP3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 -- Ms. Victoria Morales Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not = enabled.=20 --=2...

Mail merge customized fields with the Outlookclient (offline)
Is there a (officially Microsoft supported) way to add customized fields out of CRM when using mailmerge? I tried the AddOn, but that only works for the web client and not offline, which is very important for me. I want to be able to mailmerge in the usual way out of CRM Outlook client, but.... be able to add my customized fields. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

Routing e-mails from Public Folder to CRM
Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder to some Queue in CRM? Jevgenij There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog. You can go to http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting. "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message news:20C033B7-D0D3-49AA-AFCC-E8BD56224FE3@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder > to some Queue in CRM? > > Jevgenij...

Send/Receive isn't transmitting e-mails from pop3 server
As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and since then Outlook no longer can receive files from my pop3 server set-up. I removed XP SP2 and I still have the problem. I click on send/receive, it shows everything to work but e-mails are remaining on my internet e-mail server and not being transferred to Outlook. It was all working a few days ago.... Any advice? "Outlook 2000 SR-1 & Windows XP - Send/Receive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259401c4a996$dc144140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and si...

unable to connect to server #3
after an hour I don't see my original post - sorry if this is a duplicate. I have 8 email addresses coming into my Outlook. Suddenly about a month ago I started getting error messages for some of the accounts....unable to connect to server. I called my ISP and they had me delete the account and then add it again - that fixed it. For a few hours. Then it would happen again on a few OTHER accounts - up to as many as 5 at a time. Deleting and adding in again aways fixes it but I'm having to do this several times a day!! It is Outlook 2000. I use XP. Any suggestions?? I...

Deleted Items?
On the properties sheet of a mail store and the limits tab of said sheet there's a setting for "keep deleted items for x days" and I've set it for 7 days. Does that mean that anything emptied from any user mailbox in that store (from the deleted items or elsewhere) is held on the server for that long? If so, what's the best way to restore messages that were deleted 5 days ago? I can use dumpster in some cases but perhaps there's a better way? Thanks, Dan Using the latest version of Exmerge you can collect dumpster items into a PST. See: http://support.micro...