Unable to create new calendar item appointment

This was my question.  Google and Google groups did not answer.  Here's
the solution:

Open Task Manager
End Outlook.exe process
Restart Outlook
You should be able to create a new appointment or meeting.

1. Yes I know restarting computer works but some of us work for a
living, have many programs open and restarting is a hassle.

2. Something I also tried - might help with other problems.
~  Close Outlook, then Start > Run = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /cleanserverrules

3. What flagged it for me was I've got my settings so that Outlooks
asks me how to start up - what sort of connection.
Found via Tools > Email Accounts > [next] > [Change] > [More Settings]
> General Tab
look for manually control connection type and I've got "Choose when
starting" checked.
I had been closing my Outlook program and restarting it but it never
prompted to Connect or Work Offline.

I would have responded to the threads I found but they were dated Nov
2004 and had no reply with a solution.

Hope this helps someone.

0
al.luego (1)

sharepoint record center not creating new date folder,
Sharepoint record center is not creating a new folder with date when i send a document to record center, it is routing to the folder one is already created.I mean old date folder. ex:one is created initially on 29/12/2009 , when send an item on 4/01/2010 it routing to 29/12/2009 folder. not creating new one.. Thank you ...

Public Folder Migration to a new domain? Is this possible
Looking at migrating from 5.5 to Exchange 2K3. Issue is that the new 2K3 server will be in a new domain. How do I migrate the public folders from the 5.5 box to the new domain and new 2K3 server successfully? Do you mean a new domain in a new AD Forest? Inter-Org Replication Tool should do it. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Jeff M" <JeffM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:456AFA76-84C0-4702-916D-832345D69E7B@microsoft.com... > Looking at migrating from 5.5 to Exchange 2K3. I...

Inventory Item
I am trying to clean up my SITE IDs. I have one site that contains currently contains only one item. This item shows a quantity on hand of 999,997,911 assigned to this particluar site. Unfortunately, this item has an inventory type not of "Sales Inventory" or "Discontinued", but rather "Services". As a result I cannot adjust the quantity using either an inventory transaction or tranfer entry because I then get a message stating, "Kit, service, miscellaneous and flat fee items may not be adjusted.” If I attempt to delete simply delete this item - site ...

Report Writer
I=B4m trying to customize a new report using Report Writer and I wanna add a new field. When I select the field from the Data definition type window , the option of adding a new file automatically is not available for editing. What can I do to have this option available? Best regards, Ingrid You can only add a new calculated field in Report Writer. The auto add field button on the data type window is only available in Dexterity. "Ingrid" wrote: > I´m trying to customize a new report using Report Writer and I wanna > add a new field. > When I select the field from ...

SOLUTION: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all correct.
If you are receiving the following error from Exchange Server Migration Wizard I a the solution that worked for me after digging and digging and not able to find the problem. ERROR: Verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all correct. I was hung up this problem.... Go to the Exchange 5.5 server Exchange Administrator, go to Protocols / LDAP and check the port number. Mine had been changed from 389 (default) to 390. I probably did it but missed this completely looking through the problem, certainly didn't know the solution of specifying LDAP server port in the wizar...

Repeated asking for creating new profile when I open the applicati
Hi. Yesterday I installed Outlook 2007 on my laptop with Windows 7 (Build 7201). Other products of Office 2007 have no problem. It worked great. Only Outlook is making me angry. When I create the new profile for Gmail with IMAP, everything looked good and I got the success message to testing e-mailing and receiving. And, successfully I could retrieve all the messages from Gmail account and send some e-mail to anyone. But when I close and reopen the App, the profile created before does not exist and the message is annoying me to create new profile. Although I tried to do such a thing s...

Money Saving Tips Via New Search Engine
You can search dozens of frugal living web sites without spam or popups for tips on living the frugal life. http://saving-dollars.com Ken ...

recovering deleted items...
We have our Exchange 2000 server configured to hold deleted emails for 3 days before physically removing them. A user recently deleted all items from his 'deleted' items area and came to me to see if they some of them could be recovered. This just happened. (we use Outlook 2002) So, knowing that there is a 3-day grace period, I told him to click on the deleted items folder and click tools and then recover deleted items. No items show up in there to reccover. Why would that be?? Should they not be there? Is there any other method possibly from the Exchange server itself to rec...

How not to paste into a new text box every time.
I have just installed Publisher 2003 and every time I try to paste into my text box, it puts the copied text into a new text box inside of my old text box. How do I paste into my selected text box? Edit|Paste Special - select unformatted text. (It is a bit of a pain, isn't it?) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "CW616" <CW616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32F6E291-F131-47DA-878A-28C948E54DE2@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Publisher 2003 and every time I try to paste into my > text box, it puts the copied text into a new ...

I get appointments for a person who is no longer with us.
We have a shared calandar at our company, whenever I am invited to an appointment I receive the following e-mail: your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. the following recipient(s) could not be reached: the e-mail account does not edist at the organization this message was sent to. check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <servername.domain.local #5.1.1> I get my appointment just fine but I also get the message above for a person who was let go and removed from the system. Are you using Exchange server?...

How to create an [under]line for someone to type on?
How do I create a line in a Word document for someone to type text onto? You can make use of a table. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm. (Note that the article also has links to articles on creating a protected form, but you may ignore those.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "AKMMS" <AKMMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D7C2585-71CC-4EC8-A2F8-CE12DE64E6F1@microsoft.com... > How do I create a line in a Word document for someone to type text onto? ...

How do I create a formula for an entire column
I want to create a formula that uses an IF function, and have it apply to an entire column. I tried naming the column, and defining the formula, but nothing happens. What problem are you trying to solve? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Shelly9633" <Shelly9633@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7DD7279-8F19-438A-8208-E8E57F0D11EA@microsoft.com... > I want to create a formula that uses an IF function, and have it apply to an > entire column. I tried naming the column, and defining the formula, but > nothing...

Creating Column headers from Worksheet Names
I am trying to create a workbook that has weekly data in a different worksheet. I want to have the first page tally and report data from all of the other sheets. So.... I need to first count the number of sheets, then, to get the name of each worksheet that is greater than 1, and put that name into the column based on COLUMN() So, worksheet2 name would be the column header for Column2, etc.... Thanks! Mc You can use a macro that will populate that row with the name of the worksheets. But it might be simpler to put all your data on one worksheet--and add an indicator (per row) that wo...

Redirect e-mail to public folders creating duplicates
We have been using a server-side rule to redirect incoming messages for certain mailboxes to public folders. We've done this since running Exchange 2000 in order to retain the IPM message type. During my last review of the public folders, I've found that the folders using redirection have multiple copies of each message. Some are duplicates, others have 5 or 6 copies of the same message. The copies have the same date/time stamp. We can't find any other rule or process that is causing the duplication. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks, Joe On Fri, 17...

New to Outlook #3
Hi I'm new to Outlook, but I have used Outlook Express some. What I would like to do is get Outlook to ask for a password and receive new mail when logging in. I'd also like to have it send my e-mail when I click on the send button, not send it to the outbox and have me click on send/receive after. Both of these I can do in Outlook Express but I can't find a way to do it in Outlook. Thanks Dwain Ask for asking for a password, in the account setup, just uncheck the box "remember password", fixed. As for sending immediately, depending on the version, where you t...

Manage sales opportunities cannot create automatic on history
when i click convert to opportunity from the promoted e-mail then i check open the new opportunity. Uncheck Create a campaign response and then click on history but the originating e-mail has't also been added to the Opportunity record ...

Copy Formatting to new worksheet?
I would suspect the answer to this is no but just by chance is there anyway to copy all the formatting of a worksheet to a new worksheet without any of the data. Copy just colors, column widths, etc. Would come in handy for importing CSV data and then quickly formatting to a predetermined format. Edit / Paste special / formats only? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiven...

Error messages in outlook & unable to update
I have Office 2000. I upgraded from windows 98 to Windows xp. When I am in outlook, if I right click to paste something in my e-mail message, I always get an error message and it locks up or takes me out of Outlook. It happens when I click to change the text format as well. When I try to search for office updates to my computor at office online, I get an error message "Unable to check for updates on this computer." Then it states 4 different reasons that why it could be. 1. administration priv. (I am the only user) 2. network problem 3.Windows Installer patch files (.MSP ...

Changing daylight causes movement outlook appointments
Hello, everywhere on my clients and servers are the automattically adjust daylight saving changes disabled. But they need to turned on. so i starting too test en what is found was horrable for my users. al the appointments jump one hour forward. can i workaround this problem (don't know of it is a microsoft problem, but it is mine :) ) so the appointments won't jump one hour? im using Windows XP sp1 and Office XP sp2 Thnx in regard, Marcel Henderik See if the information in the following MSKB article helps...it talks about time zones rather than daylight saving time, but the wo...

Creating new Word documents om Companyweb WSS3.0
I got an SBS 2008 server using WSS3.0 for companyweb. I want clients to be able to create new Word documents as opposed to creating them then uploading them. however I do not have the "Word" option when I am in Documents and select "new". All I see is "New Folder". How do I add this option. Thanks. When you create a library you have the option to say whether new documents are permitted and if so the template they are based on. It sounds like that library has been set up not to allow documents to be created. I don't know how to change that set...

How can I create this it formula?
How can I create this it formula. :confused: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: FORMULA.doc | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4763 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- HR157 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HR157's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=542176 =C12*INDEX(B:B,MATCH(...

new version of money
I have just downloaded a new version of Money ( canadian). I was using an old version and now the new version won't even let me open the old one to transfer it to....I really need help...it says it can't open an files on an old version..what am I doing wrong?... In microsoft.public.money, harley wrote: >I have just downloaded a new version of Money ( canadian). I was using an old >version and now the new version won't even let me open the old one to >transfer it to....I really need help...it says it can't open an files on an >old version..what am I doing wro...

How can I create a user defined function in excel?
If I have a equation eg: =(A1+B1*if(t10=TRUE;1;-1)), how can I define it to a Myfunction (A1;B1;T10)? Use Alt+F11 to open VB Editor Use command Insert | Module Copy this to the newly open module sheet Function Myfunction(x, y, z) If z Then multi = 1 Else multi = -1 End If Myfunction = x + y * multi End Function Return to Excel and type in any cell =Myfunction(A1,B1, T10) But why not use Function Myfunction(x, y, z) If z Then Myfunction = x + y Else Myfunction = x - y End If End Function best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove ca...

Paste a chart and get the source data to be from the new worksheet
I want to paste an Excel chart from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2 and for the newly pasted chart in sheet 2 to reference the sourse data as worksheet 2 not its original data from sheet 1. Here's an easy way to get what you want. 1. Copy the whole worksheet that the chart is embedded in. 2. Copy the new data you want in the copied chart. 3. Select the data range of the copied sheet. 4. Use Paste Special - Formulas or Values to put the desired data in the chart's source data range. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com ___...

Creating Multiple Spreadsheets From One Using VBA
I have a master spreadsheet which I'll call MASTER1 which has a header row, nine rows total. In rows 2 - 9, column C has the name of a NY city. Column C has already been sorted. As an example, cell C2 has the value of "Albany", as well as cells C3 and C4. Cells C5 - C9 have the value of "Buffalo". I want to start my VBA program by reading C2. When I read the value of "Albany", I'd like to immediately write out the header row and row 2 (all columns) to a new spreadsheet named Albany.xls WHILE REMAINING IN MASTER1.xls. The program would then move to ...