Unable to create data file

I'm running Outlook 2002 SP-2. Sometimes when I want to
create a .pst file, I get the message box "Unable to
create data file". There is no message number or any
other identifiable (searchable) information in the text
box. I can sometimes get around this problem by shutting
down Outlook and restarting, or launching some other
applications (such as Explorer); suddenly the problem
disappears and there is no problem in creating a new data
file (FILE/NEW/OUTLOOK DATA FILE). There is plenty of
disk space available.

Any clue as to why this problem sometimes arises?
0
anonymous (74722)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

Data migration - Adventure Works

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files