Unable to connect to server #4

Using Outlook 2k on winXP, I am trying to connect to a pop3 mailbox and I
repeatedly get an ünable to connect to server error 0x800ccc0e message. The
same message applies to the SMTP services. The other system I've setup does
not get this error message, so I know its not the router or ISPs involved.
Any suggestions?
0
forseti (1)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q191687
Might be caused by a firewall setting.

"forseti" wrote:

> Using Outlook 2k on winXP, I am trying to connect to a pop3 mailbox and I
> repeatedly get an ünable to connect to server error 0x800ccc0e message. The
> same message applies to the SMTP services. The other system I've setup does
> not get this error message, so I know its not the router or ISPs involved.
> Any suggestions?
0
Mary1 (682)

how to activate the trial version of Windows 2008 server R2
I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to know how to or where I can activate the trial version for having the 180 day periode to evaluate it . Regards . "Luis" <Luis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4861819C-0427-45A5-83B8-8A01E45F160D@microsoft.com... > I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to > activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to > know how to or where I can acti...

Email attachments #4
Is their a way of removing attachments from received email, after downloading the attachment, and saving only the message? Right click on the attachment and click on "Remove"! "IJN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000901c3a6ec$7de68d60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is their a way of removing attachments from received > email, after downloading the attachment, and saving only > the message? ...

http://companyweb URL does not resolve over VPN Connection
I know this worked in the past, but something must have changed. Each of our remote users could establish a VPN connection to the SBS 2003 R2 server. Open up Outlook, establish a connection to the Exchange server to send and receive email. This still works. Open their browser, type in http://companyweb and the intranet site appears. This does not work any longer. It does not seem to be able to locate the intranet site, but instead the Verizon Search screen appears and searches for http://companyweb on the Internet. [We have Verizon DSL and Verizon Search is their default...

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed
Hi all I'm reploying our existing crm 3.0 install and during the setup I get the above mentioned error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed. Exception from HRESULT : 0x80042F0A I have looked at the logs but they dont tell me much more that what is displayed on screen. And on the web there are a handful of posts but most have no reponse and the ones that do have suggestions either dont work or dont really apply. Can anyone suggest a possible reason for this problem or recommend a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Simon ...

unable to remove a folder from users mailbox
Hi, One of my Exchnage 2003 users managed to create a folder that he can not remove. He is using an IMAP client. He created a subfolder in the Sent Items than he deleted it so it got moved to Trash. Now there is no way to delete it from there. The rename and delete options are unavailable. The message is that the user does not have rights or that this is a system folder (?). Even the icon is different. Normally the folders have this little envelope - the back of an envelope to be exact. This one has the front of an envelope - with the stamp and address. We tried to delete it using OWA and Ou...

Unable to change smtp queue folder! urgent..if you can help please
Hi, I am unable to change the SMTP queue folder when it is running on A/P cluster MSCS. The option or browse button is grayed out when i click on SMTP Virtual server properties. I dismounted the VS as well as associated resource but still graued out. I also checked whether any option is available on the clustered resource; but in vain. any help would be appreciated on how to change SMTP VS queue path when running on MSCS thanks Did you try changing it via the second method in the article you posted? ADSIEdit? I can't change it via ESM on my cluster either. You also didn't a...

weeknum function says jan1=week1, mod to first 4 day week needed
using excel 2003 on xpSp2. i'm aware that MS says its normal that jan 1 is week 1 when you're using the weeknum function. (in this year.only 1 day in week1).. how does one modify this so that week 1 of the weeknum function is the first 4 day week.. is there a mod i need to apply? See Chip's site for an ISO weeknumber formula. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13FA0A14-8BCC-4FF1-AAAD-ECCCAB9B6061@microsoft.com... > using excel 2003 on xpSp2. i'm aware that MS sa...

Project Server 2007 Groups not Synchronizing with AD
In my production instance, I have 2 security groups that synchronize with AD. This week, they no longer synchronize. There are no errors. AND, the training instance has exact same setup - the sync works fine in that instance. Any idea what could be causing this issue? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25-8728-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx My apologies. Only one of the 2 security groups will not sync. I removed the AD...

Moved Mailbox to different Server
We have a 2nd exchange 2000 enterprise server now. I moved a mailbox from our existing/original server to the 2nd/new server. That user can no longer access Outlook Web Access which is running on the existing/original server. What are my options for getting this working? Thanks. On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:36:13 -0800, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a 2nd exchange 2000 enterprise server now. I moved a mailbox from >our existing/original server to the 2nd/new server. That user can no longer >access Outlook Web Access which is running on the existing/ori...

Exchange Server may be hacked...Please help.
I posted a message before about my exchange server possibly being hacked but I have still not figured it out. Here is as detailed a rundown as I can provide. 1. server is sending me lots of messages saying the following: The original message was received at Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:23:30 -0800 from mydomain.com [196.41.180.99] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- szachmann@mydomain.com ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to server mydomian.com.: >>> MAIL From:"Returned mail" <noreply@mydomain.com> <<< 506 &...

Same name for Windows Server and DNS
Hello everyone! I have a question... Is there any problem to give the DNS the same name as the Computer name of the Server? (I have a Small Business Server 2003 installed) Thanks a lot! ...

Accessing CRM on the CRM Server
I have recently installed CRM 3.0 and Reporting Services. RS is deployed using Port 80 and CRM on 5555. I am able to open CRM in my browser from any desktop on the network using "localhost:5555", however I cannot open on the server where CRM is installed. Any ideas? -- Tony C Hi Tony, It's never helpful when someone says ... yes, I have that problem too. But I do. To provide a little more information, we acutally get a login dialog on the server which will never authenticate. The login just keeps comming back up even though you enter proper credentials. So if someo...

Problems when I powerdown the first server in the site.
I have 2 Xch 5.5 servers in a site. I followed Q152959 (How to remove the first Exchange server from a site) and in the article, MS recommends that the first server be switched off prior to it being deleted from the site. When I switch off the server, clients complain of slow response in email and also that they are unable to open delivery or read receipts received from another site. I have double checked and tried everything possible. The Exchange services have been disable, so it seems as it should be some type of WINS/DNS problem. Have you experienced this? Any ideas? Check your D...

Error when adding user to CRM 4.0
We are running an evaluation copy of Microsoft CRM 4.0. I am trying to test out the multi-homed functionality but have been unable to add a user from another domain. I have a two-way Windows trust between the two domains and it is functioning properly. When I go to add the user from the other domain it finds the user and fills in the users details but when I go to save it throughs up a generic error: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Any ideas? Can you enable DEV errors and post the error message? Darren Liu, CRM MVP Crowe ...

Microsoft CRM Server Setup problem
Hi, I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM server 1.2 on W2K3 and get following installation error during install: "Setup was unable ot install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14)." More information: CRM server 1.2 was installed on that computer before, but I uninstalled the old installation of CRM Server, reinstalled SQL Server 2000, applied sevice SQL server service pack 3, deleted OU from AD, and tried to install CRM server again, but last installatio...

unable to open
This morning when i tried to open outlook a norton message popped up saying i was infected with sasser and i am now not able to open outlook. When i scan for the virus with microsoft's check my pc it says i am not infected but i still can't open outlook. what gives? lol, sean shaun close your computer down and re boot it, then once it has finished re booting run your scan program. to make sure this is affective be sure to deleat and junk mail or un important e-mail in your server. ...

Outlook 2003 and 2 or more concurrent connections...
I have the following question? If I log onto 2 separate machines (in a small local workgroup) using the same Microsoft Local User ID, do I have any problems if I connect to the Exchange Mailbox (using VPN) of that User ID through Outlook 2003??? Can you have multiple connections with Outlook??? Michael No problems and I've been known to logon to my mailbox from 3 machines concurrently (4 if you count OWA into the mix). "ZZMSHUME" <ZZMSHUME@MSHUME.com> wrote in message news:Oh9xN0xWFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have the following question? > > >...

Access migration to SQL Server
Hello, We maintain a VB6 front-end application using an Access 2000 database. All code and forms are in VB6. The program also uses several queries/reports defined in Access. For corporate reasons we must move to SQL Server right away. Based on our configuration, we're hoping someone can give us a feel for what's involved here. Since we're only using Access for the data we're not sure what an "upsizing" would entail. Can someone point us in the right direction, tell us the main gotchas, etc. Thanks a lot. Teri Welch Hi If you are going to remove access completely...

Disable crm 4 workflow loop detect
Is there a way to disable or change the crm 4 automatic loop detect? We have a system that during the go live load we will run a workflow on 1000 objects and this workflow will call itself once then stop. While testing we are receiving the "This workflow job was canceled because the workflow that started it included an infinite loop" error message. From reading this is triggered automaticaly if a workflow calls itself more then 6 times in one hr. Can this be disabled or changed??? thx, ...

Suggestion: Run HQ Server/Client apps as Windows Services
For the next version of RMS, allow the HQ Server and HQ Client apps to install and run as Windows Services. They would then run whether anyone was logged in to the computer or not, and could be auto restarted should they halt. thanks, randy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

I dont want to erase my messages on the server
I want to keep a copy of all my messages on the server and when I delete them from my windows mail it dissapears from my gmail account, how can I change that? Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "AlexMV" <AlexMV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6FDC7EA-F8A7-4819-8E38-F924A2B3F78D@microsoft.com... >I want to keep a copy of all my messages on the server and when I delete >them > from my windows ma...

Chart with 4 different axis ?
Hello, for a particular analysis I would like to use all 4 axis with different label (scales). Is that feasable, and if so, how can I tackle the task? Thank you in advance! Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. Lamy - Create a chart with two or more data series. Select one data series and use Format Axis to change it to secondary axis. If necessary, use Chart Options to display all axes. Format each axis, paying attention to Patterns tick mark and label locations and to Scale max, min, and crosses at. For more specific instructions, specify your version of Excel. An ...

Removing second (test) exchange 2003 server
I have two exchange 2003 servers. One officially for production (1st server) and another which I recently added for testing purposes only. Both Exchange servers are in the same administrative group. The only thing I did with the test server was moving mailboxes back and forth from the production server to resolve a performance issue. Now that I've finished testing, I want to remove the test server from my exchange environment. I've read kbs 822931, 833396, 320202. As far as I know I didn't change any roles, so is it safe to say that I can remove my test exchange server? If...

syncing mail stores between 2 Exchange 2007 servers?
We have a main location with an AD/file server running Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit. We also have an Exchange server here running Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. We have a second location with a backup AD/file server running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We also have an Exchange server running Windows Server 2008 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. The purpose of this second location is strictly to serve as a backup - if a disaster occurs, the plan would be to restore our file shares and Exchange database to these servers at our second loc...

OL keeps trying to use old mail server for address lookups.
We have recently upgraded to Exchange2003 from Exchang5.5. Actually, upgrade is the wrong word. We installed a new Exchange2003 server and turned off the old Exchange5.5 server. I have set OutlookXP to use the new mail server (which has a new name on the network) and it is working fine for sending and receiving mail. But, if you enter a name rather than an email address in the To: section, outlook trys to lookup the name in the old mail server (called MAILSVR) instead of the new mail server (called MAIL). After it times out looking for the old mail server, it than looks up the ...