Unable to connect to server #2

I can receive messages but when I try to send I
get "unable to connect to server"??
0
anonymous (74722)

Save DB connection and query within spreadsheet
Hi. I created a web form that dumps the data into a SQL server database. This form is for three, not so technical co-workers to use and need to make retrieving new data as simple as possible. The users would like to use Excel to retreive the data. Is there any way to imbed SQL server access from within Excel so that all the user has to do is open the spreadsheet and click refresh data? I've been playing around with it with DSN's and dbq files and can easily make it work myself, but I need to simplify the process. If I exit out of the spreadsheet, and go back in, I need to reestablis...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

switching computers #2
I purchased money 2004 over the internet about 18 months ago. It was downloaded and I was not sent any disks. I want to put 2004 on my new pc, but do not have the correct file to install. What do I do. MSN doesn't seem to be too helpful with their help. If I can't get it to run, I'm switching to Quicken. -- Jps I have been in this situation a few times myself. I simply contacted the place I bought the software from and they gave me whatever I needed to download the program again. Since you bought the program from them in the first place you are automatically regist...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

Removing an Exchange server
One of the exchange servers in the site is crsahed and the server does not have any specific roles or user mailboxes. Now we did not want to bring the server back. We want to remove this server entry from the exchange organaization. How do we do this? What are the precautions we should take before doing it? Thanks, Swa Follow the steps in KB152959, and KB189286 "Swa" wrote: > One of the exchange servers in the site is crsahed and the > server does not have any specific roles or user mailboxes. > Now we did not want to bring the server back. We want to > remo...

Sort Worksheets #2
How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! >. > ...

Quicken Import #2
I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking, investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1) When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore? I have a considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in the Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts. Thanks, Marty In microsoft.pub...

Unable to Open "Outlook Today" in Office 2000
Several users at our company are having a problem with MS Office 2000 (SR1) v9.0.0.3821 - the "Outlook Today" main mailbox. Although every user can click on this folder/option along the left hand tree they are unable to click/open the "customize Outlook Today" icon. The icon is present, not greyed out or anyting, but no matter how many times you click on it nothing happens. - So far we've deleted all temp/temp internet files, cleaned/optimized the registry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Outlook), installed all options in Outlook, & deleted the word &...

Accept incoming network connections?"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I stop a pop-up window from asking: "Do you want the application Microsoft Excel (or PPT, Word etc) to accept incoming network connections?" I have gone into the Firewall settings and adjusted them, but the question keeps repeating! This is a new install of MS Office 2008. Thanks... Which software is generating the error? Microsoft Office applications should NOT be accepting incoming network connections! The answer should be "no" :-) If a Microsoft Application needs a network connection,...

unable to resolve case and other actions
I am unable to resolve a case that has been created. When I go to Actions--Resolve Case, the resolve case window does not open. The same is happenning for all options under the Actions button other than copy shortcut. I have run the CRM diagnostics and it returned no errors. Sounds like pop-up blocker problem. Diagnostics should correct that. But anyway try to close all blockers. Another reason could be name resolution. If new window will open with a different server name (e.g. normal CRM server name is http://crm.company.com and new window is open with name http://crmserver). Jukk...

Unable to handle inbound messages
Single Exchange 2003 Server running on a Domain Controlle ******************************************* For some reason, all inbound mails are sent back out to the internet. I have run the Internet Mail Wizard and I have compared all settings with another server. When I check the Message Tracking Center this is what I find SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuin SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queu SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorize SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routin SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delive SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of Messag SMTP:...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

Hidden tabs #2
I am using Excell 2003 If I have a file with several tabs hidden is there a way to unhide them all at once, rather than using Format, Sheet, Unhide for each tab? -- CWH One way .. Roger Govier gave me this sub a few years ago .. The following will carry out the unhide for all sheets within the workbook Sub ShowSheets() Dim s As Worksheet For Each s In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets s.Visible = True Next End Sub -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "CWH" <CWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook 2 K Multi User
Outlook 2000 Windows 2K We are planning a small network 3 machines and would like to use Outlook in a multi user mode. What do we have to do to accomplish this? Also where is the best place to buy Multi user licenses for Windows 2k and office 2 K Best Regards Bob Raley See this page for license models: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/default.asp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Robert Raley <bob@infocol.net> asked: | Outlook 2000 Windows 2K | | We...

Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data
Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device. We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchan...

Separate database server for CRM
We have CRM installed accross an application server and a separate database server. We're getting an error when our custom pages try to access a custom database. The error message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Everything works fine in the development environment, which unfortunately has everything on one server. >From other information we've found, the issue seems to be that the ASPNet user is not being authenticated on the database server. If we turn on anonymous access and force it to a domain ac...

Unable to delete group
I am tidying up some unused Email account groups. They all deleted OK except one. I'm in the "Send/Receive Groups" dialogue, when I hit the Remove button with this particular group I get the message: "You cannot remove the selected send/Receive Group." I can't see anything special about this group. I've tried deselecting the Email accounts within the group so it contains no active accounts at all but I still get the message. Anyone know how I can delete this group? BTW this is Outlook 2003. TIA. --Doug. ...

Unable to print page with graphics
I put out a four page newsletter, any page that has an image with text, the printer spits out a blank page. However, if I use "Print current Page" the page prints fine! I am using JPEGS for the images, most are desaturated in Photoshop, so these images are not in color. I tried changing from JPEG to TIFF on the images, made no difference. Wonder if it a print spooling problem and not with publisher, any one have any ideas! Rick C When you open the print dialogue, be certain you clear "do not print any graphics". It is under the Advanced printing settings in 2002-...

importing from netscape 7.2
Hello I have Outlook 2003 I want import all my my files from Netscape 7.2, how may I do that Thank you K kurb wrote: > Hello > > I have Outlook 2003 > I want import all my my files from Netscape 7.2, how may I do that > > Thank you > > K Transferring Email from Netscape 7.1 to Outlook/Outlook Express http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk The easiest and fastest solution is to use Aid4Mail. It can export your Netscape mail directly into MS Outlook....

Unable to save username or password
I have been unable to save my username or password since the lock out problem has been fixed. Anyone have any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey You could log in with the passport, remove it and restart Money. Then reattach it and see whether it remembers the information. However, if you use any online services, I'm not sure whether there will be any effect on these, so take a backup if you do decide to do this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. T...

Remove account from online update #2
I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online update? TIA, Joe R In microsoft.public.money, bdog wrote: >I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have >cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online >update? If both the same login credentials, I would just mark the cancelled card as Closed in Money. ...

Mass Email #2
Hi all... another fun question. Is there a way to setup and email so that when it recieves an email it will re-send it to every other email in a list? Like a Team email account? Thanks for the help all. Er... distribution groups? everyone gets copy of an email to a common email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "New Exchange Admin" <NewExchangeAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF71F1E4-4B5C-4AF0-8DA1-7BF34BC3B703@microsoft.com... > Hi all... another fun questio...

Unable to send email to a certain address
I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send email to it or reply. I get the following error message: The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:35:25 -0500 from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us> (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.: >>> MAIL From:<rjaekel@dicararubinoarchitects.com> <<< 550 Can't ver...