Unable to change Send From account in OL2K

I have just changed my Outlook 2k configuartion due to obtaining an account
on an exchange server.  I have numerous account sand in the past was able to
determin ewhich account an email was sent from at the time I send it.  I now
cannot see any optoin to do that on the send button.  Any help on this?
Thanks

0
mpcook (4)

"Mike Cook" <mpcook@earthnet.net> wrote in message
> I have just changed my Outlook 2k configuartion due to obtaining an
account
> on an exchange server.  I have numerous account sand in the past was able
> determin ewhich account an email was sent from at the time I send it.  I
now
> cannot see any optoin to do that on the send button.  Any help on this?
> Thanks
>
> Sadly enough that is not possible in 2k! You will have to upgrade to XP
which offers a flexible account use again.

Richard <richard.cuppens@agrofair.nl> wrote:

> Sadly enough that is not possible in 2k! You will have to upgrade to
> XP
> which offers a flexible account use again.

I seem to recall that OL 2000's send button had a drop-down next to it that
allowed changing the sending account.  Moreover, the OP said that he was
able to do it in the past, so I think you're incorrect.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/24/2004 1:31:11 PM
"Mike Cook" <mpcook@earthnet.net> wrote in message
> I have just changed my Outlook 2k configuartion due to obtaining an
account
> on an exchange server.  I have numerous account sand in the past was able
> determin ewhich account an email was sent from at the time I send it.  I
now
> cannot see any optoin to do that on the send button.  Any help on this?
> Thanks

When you start a new email, or reply to one, there should now be an
'Accounts' button which lets you select which account you want to send from.

news7975 (7)
9/24/2004 1:52:27 PM
"D" <news@distoREMOVECAPSrtal.com> wrote in message

> "Mike Cook" <mpcook@earthnet.net> wrote in message
> > I have just changed my Outlook 2k configuartion due to obtaining an
> account
> > on an exchange server.  I have numerous account sand in the past was
able
> > determin ewhich account an email was sent from at the time I send it.  I
> now
> > cannot see any optoin to do that on the send button.  Any help on this?
> > Thanks
>
> When you start a new email, or reply to one, there should now be an
> 'Accounts' button which lets you select which account you want to send
from.

That drop down has disappeared once I changed from Internet Only to
Corporate or Workgroup.  That is the essence of my problem, how do I get
that dropdown back.
Thanks

0
mpcook (4)
> Richard <richard.cuppens@agrofair.nl> wrote:
>
> > Sadly enough that is not possible in 2k! You will have to upgrade to
> > XP
> > which offers a flexible account use again.
>
> I seem to recall that OL 2000's send button had a drop-down next to it
that
> allowed changing the sending account.  Moreover, the OP said that he was
> able to do it in the past, so I think you're incorrect.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Does anyone have advice on installing OL2003 while retaining OL2k so I can
see if this solves my problem before getting rid of my OL2k?  In other
words, can the two programs coexist on the same machine for a while?

0
mpcook (4)
9/24/2004 2:38:55 PM
Mike Cook <mpcook@earthnet.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have advice on installing OL2003 while retaining OL2k so
> I can see if this solves my problem before getting rid of my OL2k?
> In other words, can the two programs coexist on the same machine for
> a while?

They cannot coexist except under different partitions, each with its own
copy of Windows.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook is sending more than one email
I am sending emails using the "distribution list" and placing multiple email addresses in here for a mailshot. My email recipients are getting this email as many as 10 times - which must be very irritating! Why does this happen? I can confirm that I only send it once. Anyone got any ideas? ...

Send copy of all incoming, outgoing mails to an account
Hello, I'm using the Exchange 2003, I 've to send a copy of all incoming and outgoing mails to a mailbox e.g. user@domain.com in the same server. I've done this previously but now forget it. It was so simple, but couldn't remember how I did it. regards, Adil Here is a link that explains how you can configure this to a Public Folder: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html Just need to mention one little correction to the article, you will need to make sure you have given the Anonymous setting Contributor access and clear the "Folder Visible" checkbox. ...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

Changing recordset based on multiple checkboxes
I have a form with multiple checkboxes corresponding to various values in one field. I'd like to be able to allow the user to change the underlying recordsource by selecting checkboxes (which would trigger a new SQL statement and associated requery). For testing purposes I put a label on the form which collects the values in that field that I'd like to have in the recordset, and deletes as checkboxes are ticked or unticked. Not sure if this label woudl be helpful in building the SQL. The maximum length of the label caption is 7 characters - the possible values are M, A...

Verify Domain User account SPN error
Does anybody have any ideas where to look to solve the following error installing crm 3.0? "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account." I hadsimilar errors. You need the SetSPN tool from the windows server registry kit. http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/setspn-o.asp has the tool. Then you need to register accounts in Active Directory. Good luck. took me like a week of searching trhough newsgroups to get my upgrade working. Perhaps you could also post the exact setspn commands you used. I have the ...

Document belongs to another account
We are on GP 8.0, SP5. When posting a batch in SOP we are receiving this error: AccessDeniedError: Document belongs to another account. There is only one document in the batch and I can find nothing wrong with it. The document will not post. It does not go to batch recovery. It has many serial numbers attached to it so we really don't want to delete it. Any ideas of what could be wrong with it or how to fix it? Not that I doubt you exactly but are you sure that is the exact error message? It just doesn't seem quite like a normal GP error message. If you print an edit l...

Changing Default Address list
When my users look at their Outlook address book, I need it to display the "All Users" address list instead of the "Global Address List". How can I make this change for all users from the server? I know that I can change this setting if I go to each computer and change it in outlook, but that's not practical with the number of users we have. I need to be able to change everyone's default at once. Thanks for any help. ...

Changing Font
Does anyone know how to change the font for sending mail in Outlook Express? I go to tools> options> compose and under the mail format option, I change the font but when trying to compose a new message then it does not accept the new font that I changed it to. Thanks ...

can't send an email
The host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Lab', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'yahoo', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x This keeps coming up when i try to send an email. please help ytyty "olderthndirt" <olderthndirt@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:2F201F89-02DF-479C-A05B-51B912F3A98D@microsoft.com... > The host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered > the >...

My Outlook still wont send... help please
I have been using Outlook 2003 for ages to access my BtInternet mail, and now all of a sudden i am being asked to confirm my network password over and over, and regardless it still will not send my mail. I can recieve mail fine but not send... I have been on to Yahoo and it sends ok. I have removed the account and reset it. I have checked and confirmed the settings about a million times :-). But it is still asking me. I have a feeling it is a problem with the program (or been hit with a virus of some kind), I did uninstal it and re-instaled, but there must be some settings it does n...

How can I change a text to a cell's address?
I'm trying to use the down formula, but the result is a text. I need the result from de cel, but the Excel don't understand the result as a cell's addres. Some one could help me? This is the formulas: A5 = ENDREÇO(BDCONTAR(S8:S29988;S8;Fórmulas!H17:H18)+8;19;1) P4 = CÉL("CONTEÚDO";A5) => Result "$S$495" I need that the Excel understand the result as a cell's address. PS.: My Excel is in portuguese. ...

How do you change defaults?
Somehow, my Word template got screwed up. Now, when I open a new document, the paper size is "custom" instead of "letter". I can't find a way to change back to the default size - help! Page Layout, Page Setup, Paper tab, change the paper size to LETTER and press the DEFAULT button. When you close Word, say Yes to the save changes to the global template. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "FashnDiva" <FashnDiva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8987BC3-BBAB-41A3-ABC4-BF1DF4AD9476@microsoft.com... > Somehow, my Wor...

Daily Price Change % Not Showing
I have chosen to have the % change from previous days price option in Money Plus. Also, the price change from previous day price - same results. No numbers. After each daily download this column shows no information. Interesting that when I sort on this column, there is some sorting avtivity going on but nothing displayed. This feature worked fine in Money 2005 but not here in PLUS. Any Suggestions? Many Thanks "Birdflu" wrote: > I have chosen to have the % change from previous days price option in Money > Plus. > Also, the price change from previous day price...

changing gap width between specific columns
I have 2 data sets for each year, and would like each two to be presented without any spacing for each year. The spacing should remain between each year. Right now I have the same gap between all columns. Changing the gap width or overlap using the Format data series does not do the job. Thanks Noa Do you have just one set of data? Set up the data like this: [blank] Series 1 Series 2 Label 1 Data Data Label 2 Data Data Label 3 Data Data Make a clustered column chart with series in columns. The series 1 and series 2 columns above each l...

How do I get Outlook to send e-mail ending with navy.mil
I have a granddaughter in the navy. I have her e-mail address but Outlook 2007 will not send nor receive e-mail ending with navy.mil. This is the only way we can keep in touch with her while she is on deployment. Please someone tell me how to set up Outlook for the mil. Thanks, What happens when you try? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Grandmother" wrote: > I have a granddaughter in the navy. I have her ...

Upgrading an OS, changing an OS, Downgrading an OS?
I was wondering something. This is the situation: I currently have an OEM computer that came with Windows XP 32-bit. I just called Microsoft and asked the rep: if I were to install a windows Vista or 7 upgrade onto this computer, can I later clear the system completely, and re-install the original version of windows XP from the boot dvd-rom? I was encouraged to go with the upgrade from my current XP install, not buy a new full-version OS. People on this site and a few others have recommended against the upgrades, and to do the clean installs. I have XP Home premium. If I put...

Change color of specific text piece
Any idea of a suitable piece of code to convert the fonts' color of ONLY the WORD "people", in the CURRENT SELECTION? In other words, instead of hitting F2 a hundred times, placing the cursor to the specific piece of text everytime, selecting it, and changing it to red (for example), and then again moving to the other cell, there should be a single code to carryout the exercise. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz Hi Faraz Try the below macro which works on the current selection Sub FindAndColorCharacterWithinCell() Dim cell As Range, intPos as...

Cant send Messages
The host 'Comcast' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject '1992 325i BMW (repost) - $1550 (Downtown denver)', Account: 'Comcast', Server: 'Comcast', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288 -- ...

RTV
A customer-owned item was originally shipped to a vendor with a Repair & Replace RTV type generated through an RMA to a vendor. The vendor determines that the item shipped is beyond economical repair and offers a replacement item in return. What is the preferred way to reflect this change in Field Services Returns Management? Once the RTV has been shipped, the RTV Entry/Update window does not allow the RTV Type to be changed. The options I have thought of are 1. Pretend the item being returned is the original item shipped. I don’t like this option because the price for repairs is o...

Changing screen resolution settings?
A mate changed his display settings on his XP machine but chose a setting too high for the card/monitor. Now the display is all gobbledegook..he wants to revert to a lower setting but can't view anything on the screen! How does he access and change his screen display settings? "peejaa" wrote: > A mate changed his display settings on his XP machine but chose a setting > too high for the card/monitor. Now the display is all gobbledegook..he wants > to revert to a lower setting but can't view anything on the screen! How does > he access and ...

Unable to send, not enough memory
Have Vista, I downloaded a video from my iphone. Its not in window media but q-time. It want let me attatch to my email ...

Send as another user without "Sent on behalf of"
I would like to enable some of our users to send messages "From" another mailbox without the "Sender" header included which results in a "Sent on behalf of" message in email clients. I am using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I've tried it with and without the "send on behalf of" permissions added under delivery options. I've even created a test mailbox store with a test mailbox. I then enabled a user to have "Send As" permissions on that mailbox store. I did NOT add "send on behalf of" permissions on the individual mailbo...

Send Mail to Outlook from a Program
I want to run a program to gather some information and then send it to outlook. Is there a way to do that? You mean you wish to code/program your app to do this or what and with what? "jerry" <jerryc314@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ZJlpg.58175$Lm5.23693@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com... > I want to run a program to gather some information and then send it to > outlook. Is there a way to do that? > > Yes. I want to write a REXX exec to gather data and send the results to outlook as an email. "DL" <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote in message ne...

How to change size of a drive on Exchange Server
I have a RAID 5 setup and have divided the space into 4 drives (C, E, F, G). One of the drives is too big (G), and I'd like to reclaim the space and give it to one of the other drives (F). The drive that is too big contains only Exchange transaction logs. Is there a way that I could stop Exchange, temporarily move the transaction logs to F, delete the partition that was G, enlarge drive F (which contains the Exchange database), and then redefine a smaller G partition for the transaction logs, all without losing data? Thanks very much in advance. On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:36:02 -0...

how to change the color of the sheet tab
Hi everybody How can I programaticly change the color of the sheet Tab (the place where the sheet name appears) thanks Just an example: ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Tab.ColorIndex = 28 In general: just do it manually and record your actions. Than inspect the recorded macro and change where needed. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "yosi_lb" <yosi_lb@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:45be0a67@news.bezeqint.net... | Hi everybody | How can I programaticly change the color of the sheet Tab (the place where | the sheet name appears) | |...