Unable to change password

Hi,

We have some users in domain A, who now have exchange
accounts in domain B.

They will log on to domain A as usual, then when they open
outlook it prompts them for a logon to domain B. Works
fine.

Problem is that we gave them all a standard PW for domain
B so we could check their mail was working. We now want
them to change their passwords for domain B, so we
selected 'user must change PW at next logon' in the AD.

Sure enough they are prompted to change password when they
open outlook, but the password change is never accepted.

Can anyone help?

Andy Cox

0
nospam500 (1)

Change of name
We have a user that has just had a surname change - I used the 'rename' facility in Active Directory and changed her login, account name, and email address. Her new surname now appears everywhere - in GAL and her default email address has the new surname in it. We have however noticed that when she creates meetings in her boss' calendar (she is his delegate) using the meeting scheduler, when she receives the invitation accepted/declined emails from the recipients in her inbox, they show her old name in the 'To' box. Where is that being picked up from as her ...

Unable to Shift to Advanced Budget-New Success
Many of us have been suffering from the inability to shift from "essential budget" to "advanced budget" in Money 2006. The fix listed in MS Knowledge Base 899628 is incomplete. I was successful in deleting the phantom accts using an additional step, where as I was not successful when only using the MS fix Follow Knowledge 899628-but where it says to move the transactions to a temp category-use the global move in categories-vice changing the individual transactions category. Using the move button-also deletes the old category. Once deleting all and also deleting t...

Change Mailbox Primary Account
Here is my case: One Windows 2003 Active Directory forest (domain.net) which has two subdomains: WEST and EAST. WEST.domain.net has Exchange 2003 installed and is providing mail service. EAST.domain.net is new created subdomain; domain AD scheme had been updated with Exchange extensions. User John Smith has account (jsmith@west.domain.net) and mailbox (jsmith@domain.net) in WEST.domain.net; John Smith also has account (jsmith@east.domain.net). My question is how to set jsmith@east.domain.net as primary account for mailbox (jsmith@domain.net). Thanks for your help. On Tue, 20 Mar 200...

Calendar views change
Hi running Exchange 5.5. We have different computers running different clients. Problem is some clients are viewing events as all day while some are viewing it as having a start time and end time. So the event could expand into another day. The problem is not client specific and has nothing to do with how it was created. For ex. PersonA (running Outlook 2003) creates an All day event. She views it and it looks like an all day event. PersonB (running Outlook 2003) opens it up and the event has a start time of 1:00 am to 1:00am the next day. Any ideas on why this is happening? ...

data travelling through status changes and iterated weekly reporting (based on dates)
Hi, I am having trouble understanding if MS ACCESS supports reporting on a weekly basis, based on data that is delivered in a incremental file (updated weekly) where data travels through status changes based on date fields that are populated. I will give an example. FILE1: WEEK 3 - current status report (date 15-jan) rec_id | prod_date | trans_date | deliv_date | calculated status 1 1-jan 4-jan 6- jan | delivered 1 1-jan 6-jan 12- jan | delivered 1...

MSXML2.XMLHTTP username and password encoding
I'm working on a project where we have to call up a URL from a Java servlet - the only sample call we have is some Javascript that used an MSXML2.XMLHTTP object to send the request, using a username and password. How is the username and password actually passed to the target web server for the request (via MSXML2.XMLHTTP)? That is, are they sent as HTTP header fields? Are they sent as query parameters? Are they sent as part of the URL? Are they encoded or encrypted? I'e already spent a fair amount of time trying to find this out in the doc and on the 'net, but I'm not fin...

unable to open outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi , i'm unable to open my Outlook 2003 , it gives error = message as "cannot start microsoft office outlook 2003,unable to open = the outlook window. the set of folders could not be opened . the server = is not available " plz help me to fix this issue With Regards, Ramesh.C ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"...

View/Change Pivot Table Query
I am currently using Excel 2003. I would like to look at a PivotTable's SQL Query, but unsure on how to do this. I did find one posting with a VBA solution, so I tried it. I get the following error: 'Unable to get the Pivot Tables property of the worksheet class' Below is the source code Sub Get_PT_Source_Code() Dim pvtTable As PivotTable Dim index As Integer Set pvtTable = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable") With pvtTable.PivotCache Debug.Print .CommandText 'the SQL Query Debug.Print .Connection 'th...

Workers' comp pay code assignment changes
Hello, I have a client who has a lot pay codes. Each pay code assigned to an employee has a Workers' comp assignment. Is there an efficient way to change these WC codes? The WC code on the employee Card is only a default for newly added/assigned pay codes. -- Greg. ...

Unable to load vpmsece.dll
Error msg received when starting Outlook 2000: Unable to load vpmsece.dll Path: c:\Program Files\NAVNT\vpmsece.dll OS: Windows 2000 Professional - all Service Releases and updates installed (OEM - so I don't have original installation disk) Running MS-Outlook Help/"Detect and Repair" does not fix. Does not appear to impact application operation. Mainly an aggravation I'd like to eliminate. Any assistance to repair this problem would be appreciated. ...

How can I change the date range in a calendar object
I have a newsletter that I created in Pub 2003 with a calendar on one page. I was able to click on the calendar, then use the "change date range" to change the month. When I upgraded to Office 2007, that capability is gone. How can I change the calendar without deleting the object and reinserting it for the new month? You can't. Unfortunately the wizards are gone in all the Design Gallery objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob N" <BobN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7893B67C-9B2D-4B79-B59C-244E7B0D274C@microsoft.com... >I...

How to change BindingSource ConnectString at runtime
Hi I'm using BindingSource componet. In my setting is possible to change ConnectString and in runtime? The variable scope is application. Same one helpe-me? Thanks Its annoying that it cant be changed so easily off the start.... Watch this video and it becomes pretty simple... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/vbasic/cc307956.aspx Watch that video- it will walk you through it. Cheers' Miro "Henrique" <girafabranca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:D221282B-7749-4A91-B3B6-A84A97D68165@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I'm using ...

When Using a PropertySheet in Wizard Mode Can we Change the Order of sheets at runtime
Hey Friends I am creating a Wizard Using Property Sheet According to User Selection of Data in First Page I want that only one of the PropertySheet should be visible with a Fnish Button But I have added 4 More Property Pages Whereas i want only one of them to appear. Take a look at the CPropertySheet::SetActivePage() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OaKnxZauDHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey Friends > > I am creating a Wizard Using Prop...

Accounting for change in data over time
Please help, I'm having a brain freeze today, and I can't figure out what should be obvious. I have three tables: tblOrgs that holds information about an organization tblContacts that holds information about the peple that work at organizations tblMarketingRecords that hold marketing information about the organizations and the contacts that have been made. I need to account for two things that can change over time: the first is the person's title; the second is their association with the organizaion. In the first case, a person's title was Admin and is now Associate. ...

Suggestion: Allow for the Project Number to be Changed on PO Line
When entering purchase order line items in GP 9, the user should be able to select a new project without deleting the record and entering a new record. -- Charles Allen, MVP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/C...

why does outlook keep asking for username and password
ep asking for username and password- itsa drag if ir pops up in middle of typing something else For Outlook 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 (check the second line here for your mode: Help menu > About): Corporate/Workgroup mode: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 Internet Mail Only mode: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express): http://support.micros...

Save Changes question?
I have a form with 2 subforms. Our construction managers will be able to edit or add new projects. I have allowed for edits and additions in properties. Will that information automatically be saved? If not, what do I do to make that happen? Thanks so much!!! "Golfinray" <Golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D974EA-C044-4118-8AB4-E1031DEA272A@microsoft.com... >I have a form with 2 subforms. Our construction managers will be able to >edit > or add new projects. I have allowed for edits and additions in properties. > Will that information ...

How to see macro code of a password protected macro without a password?
Hello How to see macro code of a password protected macro without a password? I'm not sure if this is possible. After all, the code could well include the password, so viewing the code would defeat the object of having a password. -- Ian -- "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:Op3SB3s2FHA.476@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to see macro code of a password protected macro without a password? > > There are programs which remove the password protection. What are they? "Ian" <me@me.com> �������/�������� � �����...

Change OnDraw pDC to Monochrome
How can I change the OnDraw()'s CDC* to Monochrome? Here is what I tried: //Create a Monochrome Bitmap CBitmap bmpLowRes; CRect rc2; pDC->GetClipBox(&rc2); bmpLowRes.CreateBitmap(rc2.Width() , rc2.Height() , 1,1, NULL); //Select Monochrome bitmap in to Current DC CBitmap* OldBitmap2 = pDC->SelectObject(&bmpLowRes); //Do GDI Color Drawing , Rectangles, Ellipse, etc. //Drawing Color GDI graphics should produce monochrome patterns, but I get the stock behavior, color GDI Any help would be greatly appreciated, Joe Hi, I struggle with bitmaps as the concepts seem not to ...

Shourtcut to change text written in upper case to lower case
I often accidentally press the caps button and realise too late that I've entered a lot of text in upper case, and then have to go back on myself and re-type the entire thing in lower case. I'd like there to be a shortcut that can be used, whereby you can highlight the text that you've entered in upper case, do the shortcut, and it changes the text to lower case- saving a lot of time when errors are made. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the ...

global changes to exchange 2003
Hi. Is there a way to make the exchange features, like pop3, webmail and mobile access, disabled by default when creating a new user? or to only enable these features for specific active directory groups? I'm using exchange 2003 and active directory 2003. Thanks, -- Accounts AFRIDATA.net Fax: 086 658 5062 Email: accounts@afridata.net ...

How does this need to be changed to work in a stored procedure for SQL Reporting Services??
=IIF(Fields!Activity_Type.Value="Project","Magenta",IIF(Fields! Activity_Type.Value="Ad Hoc","Blue",IIF(Fields! Activity_Type.Value="Support","Yellow",IIF(Fields! Activity_Type.Value="Admin","Purple","Green")))) I get an error when I drop it in a procedure. I want this to be the "Standard" color combination for all charts that will point to this statement. Thanks, Andy Novak University of North Texas On 12 Nov, 20:45, "andy.no...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote:...

insert password using vb #2
Thank You Celtic Avenger I'll try that. Abbevill -- abbevill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abbeville's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26122 ...

Change of Account Manager should not change other records.
When changing the Account Manager on an Account, CRM currently changes the ownership of the different types of records attached to that Account to the same value as the Account Manager. CRM needs to be changed to where the Account Manager field can be changed for the Account, but the ownership of the other record types remain independent of the Account. In most cases we do not want this ownership to change. For example, quite often and in most cases the owner of an Opportunity will not be the same as the Account that owns the Opportunity. Also, on Opportunities that have been closed...

how can i change the derection of text in excel
plz help me quickly Good Afternoon, Right click a cell containing text, choose Format Cells... Select the Alignment Tab and adjust the direction of the text. Kind regards, James --- jamotarpey[at]gmail[dot]com m usman weince wrote: >plz help me quickly -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200912/1 Tools>>Options>>Edit>>Move Selection After Enter>>Direction>> Change it to your desired direction and give ok Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-...