Unable to change default e-mail program to Outlook 2003

HI,
Everywhere I've checked on my computer the default e-mail program is listed
as Outlook 2003.
The default e-mail in Internet Explorer is Outlook.  The URL:MailTo Protocol
in Folder Options/File Types is Outlook.  However when I use the "sent to,
mail recipient" feature, or Choose "e-mail this file" in File and Folder
tasks in My Computer it automatically goes to Outlook Express.  Mail To
Hyperlinks use Outlook.

Operating system is XP Home SP2 - updated regularly.
Outlook Version is 2003 SP1 (part of office pro 2003)

Does anyone know what the problem may be.?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Lesley
0
Lesley (11)

In control panel->internet options, change the default program to Outlook
Express, press okay, and then go back and change it back to Outlook.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, Lesley asked this group:

| HI,
| Everywhere I've checked on my computer the default e-mail program is
| listed as Outlook 2003.
| The default e-mail in Internet Explorer is Outlook.  The URL:MailTo
| Protocol in Folder Options/File Types is Outlook.  However when I use
| the "sent to, mail recipient" feature, or Choose "e-mail this file"
| in File and Folder tasks in My Computer it automatically goes to
| Outlook Express.  Mail To Hyperlinks use Outlook.
|
| Operating system is XP Home SP2 - updated regularly.
| Outlook Version is 2003 SP1 (part of office pro 2003)
|
| Does anyone know what the problem may be.?
|
| Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
| Lesley

0
MillyS (3228)
2/20/2005 12:45:22 AM
Thanks but that's one thing I've already tried & it didn't work either.  Any
other thoughts?
Is it significant that in my Program Access & Defaults the e-mail program is
Outlook Express & I don't have the option to change it.
Thanks again.
Lesley

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> In control panel->internet options, change the default program to Outlook
> Express, press okay, and then go back and change it back to Outlook.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head-scratching, Lesley asked this group:
>
> | HI,
> | Everywhere I've checked on my computer the default e-mail program is
> | listed as Outlook 2003.
> | The default e-mail in Internet Explorer is Outlook.  The URL:MailTo
> | Protocol in Folder Options/File Types is Outlook.  However when I use
> | the "sent to, mail recipient" feature, or Choose "e-mail this file"
> | in File and Folder tasks in My Computer it automatically goes to
> | Outlook Express.  Mail To Hyperlinks use Outlook.
> |
> | Operating system is XP Home SP2 - updated regularly.
> | Outlook Version is 2003 SP1 (part of office pro 2003)
> |
> | Does anyone know what the problem may be.?
> |
> | Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> | Lesley

0
Lesley (11)
2/20/2005 1:15:05 PM
Hi, I'm having the same problem!  I hope someone can help as I'd really like
to use Outlook.
Thanks!

"Lesley" wrote:

> Thanks but that's one thing I've already tried & it didn't work either.  Any
> other thoughts?
> Is it significant that in my Program Access & Defaults the e-mail program is
> Outlook Express & I don't have the option to change it.
> Thanks again.
> Lesley
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > In control panel->internet options, change the default program to Outlook
> > Express, press okay, and then go back and change it back to Outlook.
> >
> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
> > the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
> > account will be deleted without reading.
> >

> > After furious head-scratching, Lesley asked this group:
> >
> > | HI,
> > | Everywhere I've checked on my computer the default e-mail program is
> > | listed as Outlook 2003.
> > | The default e-mail in Internet Explorer is Outlook.  The URL:MailTo
> > | Protocol in Folder Options/File Types is Outlook.  However when I use
> > | the "sent to, mail recipient" feature, or Choose "e-mail this file"
> > | in File and Folder tasks in My Computer it automatically goes to
> > | Outlook Express.  Mail To Hyperlinks use Outlook.
> > |
> > | Operating system is XP Home SP2 - updated regularly.
> > | Outlook Version is 2003 SP1 (part of office pro 2003)
> > |
> > | Does anyone know what the problem may be.?
> > |
> > | Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> > | Lesley

0
Shajac (1)
2/20/2005 11:41:05 PM
Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Please help this is driving me crazy!
Thanks.

"Shajac" wrote:

> Hi, I'm having the same problem!  I hope someone can help as I'd really like
> to use Outlook.
> Thanks!
>
> "Lesley" wrote:
>
> > Thanks but that's one thing I've already tried & it didn't work either.  Any
> > other thoughts?
> > Is it significant that in my Program Access & Defaults the e-mail program is
> > Outlook Express & I don't have the option to change it.
> > Thanks again.
> > Lesley
> >
> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> > > In control panel->internet options, change the default program to Outlook
> > > Express, press okay, and then go back and change it back to Outlook.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> > >
> > > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
> > > the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
> > > account will be deleted without reading.
> > >

> > > After furious head-scratching, Lesley asked this group:

0
Lesley (11)
2/25/2005 11:51:02 AM
I'm having the same problem, did you find a solution to change default
program to outlook express?

"Lesley" wrote:

> Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Please help this is driving me crazy!
> Thanks.
>
> "Shajac" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm having the same problem!  I hope someone can help as I'd really like
> > to use Outlook.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Lesley" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks but that's one thing I've already tried & it didn't work either.  Any
> > > other thoughts?
> > > Is it significant that in my Program Access & Defaults the e-mail program is
> > > Outlook Express & I don't have the option to change it.
> > > Thanks again.

0
Dominic (21)

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Unable to delete empty database

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

default values in a cell