Unable to add Internet e-mail #3

Outlook 2000 (CW)

When adding a new profile OR trying to add internet e-mail to a current
profile I can add the Internet E-mail service but I cannot view/add the
SMTP, POP3 properties, etc.

When I press the Properties button, nothing happens.  Any help here?

--
Mike Sommers

0
msommers (3)

Have you tried Detect and Repair?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mike Sommers asked:

| Outlook 2000 (CW)
|
| When adding a new profile OR trying to add internet e-mail to a
| current profile I can add the Internet E-mail service but I cannot
| view/add the SMTP, POP3 properties, etc.
|
| When I press the Properties button, nothing happens.  Any help here?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Mailing Labels to Spreadsheet.
I have seen this question before but am unable to find the message. I have a MS Word document in address label format. I would like to convert this file to a spread sheet. How do I do this? Thanks Michael Copy and paste in Ms Excel Eva That's a start but you then have to put each line into a column. See Text to Columns, Split at LF (line=feed character) (#lf) where each label is in one cell (macro in the topic after #lf) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#lf Creating a Table from something like a column of address labels (#snkAddr) where t...

VPN keeps dropping at the 3 minute mark
Hi, Our main office runs SBS 2003 R2 and the standard VPN server. All our remote offices, except one, have no issue with connecting to the VPN and everything works fine. The one office which does have an issue manages to connect but then after approx 3 minutes the connection drops and they have to reconnect. As you can imagine this becomes very frustrating and means that accessing files on the network becomes virtually impossible. I've tried using my own machine on their network and I experience the same problem as they do, so I know it's not related to their computer. ...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

incomming mail placed in trashcan not inbox
All of the incomming mail is placed directly into the trashcan. Before it is even read. The trash looks as if it is the inbox. ...

how do i get oulook to get mail from yahoo?
I have yahoo accounts, but cannot get outlook to recognize them... am computer illiterate, so put answer in laymans terms please. thanks Do you have a paid yahoo account? You need an account that supports POP3 (free accounts don't) before you can use it with Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Sub...

list boxes #3
Want to set a drop down box that does not repeat the same value despite that value appearing in the list more than once. Then once a selection is made from the 1st drop down list, the second drop down box selection criteria changes. ie. table a follows: list 1 list2 commodities oil commodities plastics FX options FX spot FX longcall 1st list would have 2 options: commodities, FX - not repeated. User selects "commodities". Then 2nd drop down list automatically ch...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Unable to load and show videos from PBS
I can not get PBS.org/nbr videos to play on my computer. There is a laptop in the house that will play these videos. Both my computer and the laptop are connected to a router. I have tried to duplicate the security settings on both machines. Pop up blocked has been removed from that web site, even though they are blocked on the laptop. The pbs site will come up offering the videos, however, the videos seem to almost load, the 'circles' indicating the video downloaded, however, it will not show. If this is not the news group for this problem, please send me there. W...

how to remove all mails from mailbox
I using exchange 2000, I have one mail account which is exceding a space of 2.5 gb. Is there any option in system manager from where i can delete all mail from that particular mailbox. One more question, When i delete any account from active directory,it deletes account but mail remain as it is. Thanks in advance Using Exchange 2000, you can't do that in ExSysMan. You need to use ADUs&Cs. Right click the owner's user object. Use "Exchange Tasks..." to delete the mailbox. If you wanna delete the mailbox without waiting for the retention period to expire, do the fo...

Can't add files to Media Player!
I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find audio files but I can't figure out how to add a bunch of mp3 files I've created on my computer! Where's HELP in the program? I told it to check the directory where I have these files, but that's not working! There's no menu option to "add files??" Arrgh! On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:41:01 -0800, Bob Munk <Bob Munk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find >audio files but I can...

"On Behalf Of" #3
Anyone know how to remove the "on behalf of" from in front of the sender's name when a delegate sends for that person. You need to remove the "send on behalf of" rights (which you set in Outlook) and have the Exchange admin grant "Send As" rights on the server. Sean Moylan wrote: > Anyone know how to remove the "on behalf of" from in front of the > sender's name when a delegate sends for that person. Sean No I dont, but I want to know how to switch it on, because when my delegate sends mail from me, it doesnt appear, any ideas? ...

Unable to attach task
Hello I have a strange problem with one of my CRM users. This special user is unable to attach a task to a special other user. When he tries to attach the task, the system does not change the name in the lookup field. There is no error nothing in the tracing, it simply doesnt happen. When he attaches the task to another user which is in the same BU as the one where it doesnt work, with the same security roles, it works. Then he can change the owner of the task again and it works too. He only cant attach the task directly to the first user. The problem is realy anoying cause he always h...

Deny Internet Access
Hello everyone, How can I deny Internet access to my staff while still be able to run my credit card processing via Internet? Anyone have a good solution to this? Thanks in advance! Dan If you're talking about stoping web browsing from the POS terminal, the simplest method would be to remove the web browser from the system as completely as possible. You can easily delete IE shortcuts from the desktop and start menu. Then create limited access user accounts and deny access to the Program Files directory and the Control Panel. That ought to do it. There are other more complic...

Macro Warning Message #3
I have removed all macros from a workbook but I am still being prompted to enable / disable macros, when I open the document. Is there a way of removing this w/o changing the security settings for Excel on my computer? Hi You need to delete the empty modules too! See here for info: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Andy. "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1afb601c44f05$d441cf50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have removed all macros from a workbook but I am still > being prompted to enable / disable macros, when I o...

Money ? #3
I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed. That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't open it. Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004, thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this won't recognise my ...

Stuck in outbox #3
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. ...

Solved!! .Net Framework 3.5 Error in WinXP
Solved!! .Net Framework 3.5 Error in WinXP the solution is just install this hotfix (its actually a hotfix for .msi installer - but it solves the problem anyhow !!!) ---> WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe <--- Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable which can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer i was experiencing the same trouble trying to update my Windows Xp Pro SP3 (this works for SP2 also as far as i know) which gave me all kinds of errors and didnt allow to ...

Add-In doesn't work
Hi, I wrote my program in VB and debugged it. Then I wrote the dll add-in, made it and registered it. Then modified the hook register to make it work. My add-in changes the Total amount of a sale to words in Spanish!! I use the session.Variable(1) to pass the string info from the add-in to the receipt. The add-in didsn't work. The error returned says: "Trying executing the COM object 'NumeroALetras.NALHook' failed The object couldn't be created." HELP! Questions: 1) Is the name correct? I used the dll.class (NumeroALetras.NALHook) form. 2) I use...

Send and receive e-mail on Office Outlook 2003 vs Outlook Express
Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook Express. How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003) Remove your email accounts from OE. Have you set them up in Outlook yet? "Felix Stein" <Felix Stein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8332AC71-6E21-41A8-B4EE-103FDFDDBB08@microsoft.com... > Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to > be > okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to...

Windows Mail removes attachment from one or more senders
Why does my Windows Mail on Vista remove attachments from messages from one particular sender who has a different IPS? When my server downloads messages to Windows Mail, I often get a message telling me, essentially, that "Windows Mail has removed attachment which was 'unsafe.' I can go out to the server and see the attachment, open it without any problems, but as soon as I open my Windows Mail, that same message has had the attachment removed by Windows Mail. The attachment is not removed. Access to it is blocked by your settings. If you clicked on that message...

Windows Live Mail Windows 7
How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - bit? I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts were still there. "PRHT" <PRHT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EE3B72-B79F-4C2B-BB3F-E4C6A8305156@microsoft.com... > How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - > bit? > I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts > were still there. Tried Tools/Accounts/Remove? The "Complete Uninstall/Reinstall Method": h...

Unable to translate Unicode character \u00E9 at index 5409 to specified code page.
I've got some C# 2.0 code that has been working for a year. using (XmlWriter w = XmlWriter.Create("out.xml" ,settings)) { // many lines of code to write to w w.WriteStartElement("contactTypeRef"); Suddently, I'm getting this 100% repeatable error: ************** Exception Text ************** System.Text.EncoderFallbackException: Unable to translate Unicode character \u00E9 at index 5409 to specified code page. at System.Text.EncoderExceptionFallbackBuffer.Fallback(Char charUnknown, Int32 index) at System.Xml.CharEntityEncoderFallbackBuffer.Fallback(Char...

Delay in receiving SOME mail for one account
I have an exchange 2003 enterprise server with Windows 2003 enterprise server. Out of the 30 employees in the company, only ONE has a delay in receiving SOME of their e-mail (the president of the co). It seems to arrive about a week later, but if someone else in the company was CC'd on it, that other person will receive it. All the mail is filtered through Symantec Mail Security and then through the exchange server. All the appropriate ports are open. Do anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!! How is the president's client (Outlook?) connecting? I suspect that th...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

How can I data sort to more than 3 levels
Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me do a data sort in Excel to 4 or more levels at once. Currently you can only do 3 levels, and then you have to separate the data to do more. Thanks for any help -- Pam LaDue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pam LaDue's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36773 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564880 You have replies at your other post. Pam LaDue wrote: > > Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me d...