Unable to access folders after changing mail server

Hi,
I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to
access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I
changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf  file was also copied to
the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It
shows below message while trying to access inbox.

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook
window.
The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
Contact your administrator if this condition persists."

I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still
persists. When i access mail though lotus notes client it is working
properly. Can anyone please help me to resolve  this problem.

Thanks,
Sidhartha

Did you name the new profile the same as the old? Try keeping the old
profile and make a new one, using a new name. Delete the non-working one
later.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Sidhartha" <sidhartha.nambiar@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to
> access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I
> changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf  file was also copied to
> the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It
> shows below message while trying to access inbox.
>
> "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook
> window.
> The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
> Contact your administrator if this condition persists."
>
> I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still
> persists. When i access mail though lotus notes client it is working
> properly. Can anyone please help me to resolve  this problem.
>

> Thanks,
> Sidhartha

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/10/2009 2:16:04 PM
On Nov 10, 7:16=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> Did you name the new profile the same as the old? Try keeping the old
> profile and make a new one, using a new name. Delete the non-working one
> later.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?http://forums.slipstick.com/show=
thread.php?t=3D27072

> "Sidhartha" <sidhartha.namb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> > I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to
> > access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I
> > changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf =A0file was also copied to
> > the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It
> > shows below message while trying to access inbox.
>
> > "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook
> > window.
> > The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
> > Contact your administrator if this condition persists."
>
> > I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still
> > persists. When i access mail though lotus notes client it is working
> > properly. Can anyone please help me to resolve =A0this problem.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Sidhartha- Hide quoted text -

Hi,
I tried that also,but still no luck. The lotus admin said he can
configure with my id/outlook in his pc. Not sure what is happening. Is
there any chance that outlook still refers old mail server? I renamed
Outcmd.dat  ,but it is not getting created again. Has this any link to
the issue?

Thanks,
Sidhartha

The only way outlook would be referring to the old mail server is in the
profile or notes connector. I don't know what files the connector uses, but
making a new profile with a completely new profile name would eliminate the
issue with the outlook profile.

--

> On Nov 10, 7:16 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
>> Did you name the new profile the same as the old? Try keeping the old
>> profile and make a new one, using a new name. Delete the non-working one
>> later.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you
>> use?http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>
>> "Sidhartha" <sidhartha.namb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>> > I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to
>> > access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I
>> > changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf  file was also copied to
>> > the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It
>> > shows below message while trying to access inbox.
>>
>> > "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook
>> > window.
>> > The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
>> > Contact your administrator if this condition persists."
>>
>> > I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still
>> > persists. When i access mail though lotus notes client it is working
>> > properly. Can anyone please help me to resolve  this problem.
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> > Sidhartha- Hide quoted text -

> Hi,
> I tried that also,but still no luck. The lotus admin said he can
> configure with my id/outlook in his pc. Not sure what is happening. Is
> there any chance that outlook still refers old mail server? I renamed
> Outcmd.dat  ,but it is not getting created again. Has this any link to
> the issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Sidhartha

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Unable to delete empty database

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Change position ID in HR

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Access to User Calendar

OE autodelete OLD mail

How do you change the APR?

outlook 2007 e-mail

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Business Portal Development

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...