two sets of folders?

I've just had to re-install Outlook 2002 and restore my folders and address
book etc.  I now have Person Folders and Outlook today (personal folders).
Can anyone advise on how to remove one of these sets of folders please.

0
ian80 (2)

"IanF" <ian@ian-billy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I've just had to re-install Outlook 2002 and restore my folders and address
>book etc.  I now have Person Folders and Outlook today (personal folders).
>Can anyone advise on how to remove one of these sets of folders please.

I have installed Outlook 2003, and also have two personal folders too,
and they are both the same.  Very strange, looking for advice too.

--
JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk      www.eze-buy.co.uk

To access your current pst-file in the new profile;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

To set it as the default delivery location;
Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"IanF" <ian@ian-billy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've just had to re-install Outlook 2002 and restore my folders and
> address
> book etc.  I now have Person Folders and Outlook today (personal folders).
> Can anyone advise on how to remove one of these sets of folders please.

0
Roady
8/18/2004 8:54:33 PM
"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote:

>Create a new profile (do not copy it);
>Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles
>
>To access your current pst-file in the new profile;
>File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...
>
>To set it as the default delivery location;
>Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below

I have an outlook.pst and an outlook1.pst and this is giving me two sets
of personal folders.  I think the outlook.pst is a left over from
Outlook 2002.  Now that I have Outlook 2003, how can I remove this extra
folder?

Could this be the cause of my Outlook hangs?  Thanks

--
JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk      www.eze-buy.co.uk
0
JohnPerry (16)
8/18/2004 9:40:31 PM
If the folder you see in Outlook are identical like you said in your
original post you are not connected to 2 separate pst-files and you'll need
to recreate your mail profile by the instruction I posted. A corrupt mail
profiles can indeed lead to Outlook hangs.

To see what is in your other pst-file connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook
Data File... If there is nothing in there you want anymore rightclick the
folderset and choose to disconnect. Then Close Outlook and delete the
corresponding pst-file.

--

"John Perry" <JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM> wrote in message
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
> wrote:
>
>>Create a new profile (do not copy it);
>>Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles
>>
>>To access your current pst-file in the new profile;
>>File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...
>>
>>To set it as the default delivery location;
>>Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below
>
> I have an outlook.pst and an outlook1.pst and this is giving me two sets
> of personal folders.  I think the outlook.pst is a left over from
> Outlook 2002.  Now that I have Outlook 2003, how can I remove this extra
> folder?
>
> Could this be the cause of my Outlook hangs?  Thanks
>
> --
> JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
> www.redoak.co.uk      www.eze-buy.co.uk

0
Roady
8/19/2004 6:34:19 AM
John Perry <JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM> wrote:

> I have an outlook.pst and an outlook1.pst and this is giving me two
> sets of personal folders.  I think the outlook.pst is a left over from
> Outlook 2002.  Now that I have Outlook 2003, how can I remove this
> extra folder?

Right-click on the unwanted folder and choose Close?
--
Brian Tillman
0
wrote:

>If the folder you see in Outlook are identical like you said in your
>original post you are not connected to 2 separate pst-files and you'll need
>to recreate your mail profile by the instruction I posted. A corrupt mail
>profiles can indeed lead to Outlook hangs.
>
>To see what is in your other pst-file connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook
>Data File... If there is nothing in there you want anymore rightclick the
>folderset and choose to disconnect. Then Close Outlook and delete the
>corresponding pst-file.

I can see what seems to have happened now.  I had Outlook XP and
upgraded to Outlook 2003.  The XP Outlook PST was names outlook.pst and
the upgraded 2003 was renamed outlook1.pst, and both were opened, and I
am beginning to wonder if this led to the crashes as they are 800MB in
total.

Anyway, I have deleted the outlook.pst and lets see if this cures the
persistent hangs.  Thanks guys.

--
JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk      www.eze-buy.co.uk
0
JohnPerry (16)
8/19/2004 7:09:31 PM
Hi All,
I finally solved this one by going to the Control Panel - Mail - Data Files
area (as instructed in an post I found further down the Group) but I simply
deleted the extra folder file.  ( I copied any required mails to the
Personal Folder that I was retaining)

Thanks for the help All.

IanF
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
> wrote:
>
> >If the folder you see in Outlook are identical like you said in your
> >original post you are not connected to 2 separate pst-files and you'll
need
> >to recreate your mail profile by the instruction I posted. A corrupt mail
> >profiles can indeed lead to Outlook hangs.
> >
> >To see what is in your other pst-file connect to it by File-> Open->
Outlook
> >Data File... If there is nothing in there you want anymore rightclick the
> >folderset and choose to disconnect. Then Close Outlook and delete the
> >corresponding pst-file.
>
> I can see what seems to have happened now.  I had Outlook XP and
> upgraded to Outlook 2003.  The XP Outlook PST was names outlook.pst and
> the upgraded 2003 was renamed outlook1.pst, and both were opened, and I
> am beginning to wonder if this led to the crashes as they are 800MB in
> total.
>
> Anyway, I have deleted the outlook.pst and lets see if this cures the
> persistent hangs.  Thanks guys.
>
> --
> JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
> www.redoak.co.uk      www.eze-buy.co.uk

0
ian80 (2)
8/20/2004 5:48:24 PM
Yes, I did the same, but even with one folder Outlook continually hangs
though it is a bit more stable.  I am using Win 2000 Pro with 1GB RAM
and Office 2003 and all with the latest patches.

Symptoms are Outlook just hangs, so I close it down and restart it.
this hanging happens between 5 mins and an hour:-( of the previous hang.

"IanF" <ian@ian-billy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I finally solved this one by going to the Control Panel - Mail - Data Files
>area (as instructed in an post I found further down the Group) but I simply
>deleted the extra folder file.  ( I copied any required mails to the
>Personal Folder that I was retaining)
>
>Thanks for the help All.
>
>IanF
>"John Perry" <JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM> wrote in message
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >If the folder you see in Outlook are identical like you said in your
>> >original post you are not connected to 2 separate pst-files and you'll
>need
>> >to recreate your mail profile by the instruction I posted. A corrupt mail
>> >profiles can indeed lead to Outlook hangs.
>> >
>> >To see what is in your other pst-file connect to it by File-> Open->
>Outlook
>> >Data File... If there is nothing in there you want anymore rightclick the
>> >folderset and choose to disconnect. Then Close Outlook and delete the
>> >corresponding pst-file.
>>
>> I can see what seems to have happened now.  I had Outlook XP and
>> upgraded to Outlook 2003.  The XP Outlook PST was names outlook.pst and
>> the upgraded 2003 was renamed outlook1.pst, and both were opened, and I
>> am beginning to wonder if this led to the crashes as they are 800MB in
>> total.
>>
>> Anyway, I have deleted the outlook.pst and lets see if this cures the
>> persistent hangs.  Thanks guys.
>>
>> --
>> JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
>> www.redoak.co.uk      www.eze-buy.co.uk

--
JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk      www.eze-buy.co.uk
0
JohnPerry (16)
8/21/2004 8:32:05 AM

I have the same problem but perhaps one of the
proceedures that failed for me might work for you.
Right click the duplicate folder and select "Close
Personal Folder" to see if that works. Alternatively, try
right clicking and selecting Properties. When that screen
opens Try and change the NAME of the folder then close
that window. Right click again on the newly named folder
and try to close it. If that doesn't work your at the
same place I am.
0
anonymous (74722)

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Paper settings change for specific printer
I just installed access 2007 and my application uses reports to print labels. Specifically a Dymo turbo 400 and 30252 address labels. when i was using acess 2003 i specified to use a specific printer and everything was great. and when i copied updated FrontEnds to my networked computers every thing transfered and the labels printed fine however with 07 the "Specifc printer" has a different page size.. i fixed all the reports on my master FE but the changes didnt stay when i copied FE to other computers and im not sure where to go. i installed all the printers from the s...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

How do I set up mixed page orientations in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to create a duplex publication where one side is in portrait and the reverse is in landscape. I've tried looking in the halp and through all the menus but it seems that I can only have one or the other. Can anybody help? Publisher (any version) does not support this. The workaround most frequently offered is to design your landscape page, group the all the objects, then rotate 90 degrees. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "T. Mitchell"...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...

setting up a book cover?
I've been reading about this, the only directions I could find for doing it is how to set up a book (for pubish on demand, mainly) in WORD. This has a very brief discription of how to to set up the cover design (if one has no choice) in Word. Since I have Publisher (2000) I'm thinking that would be better, of course. I don't have a specific book and cover in mind, just would like to learn to do it. The directions for Word has how to set up the measurments, with extra on the edges for "bleed" and figuring the space for the spine (going by pages in the book...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Public Folder Replication #19
I have 3 exchange 2003 servers. Server A is in Site A. Server B and B-1 are in site B. B-1 is a new load of exchange 2003 and I plan on moving all the mail boxes from B to B-1 but first I must set up the public folders which all have a home on server A and have been replicated to B. I went into the esm and added B-1 as a replica for all the folders that had a replica to B. Later that day I checked and the folder hiarchy had replicated onto B-1 but all the folders are empty. Are these folders going to update and fill with the public folder data or do I need to force this? I tried the send conte...