Two profiles sharing one email account/pst?

I have a laptop, Win XP Pro & Office XP, that I use at work logging in as
user/domain. At home I log in as user/laptop. The first time I used it at
home & tried to check mail (mail was originally set up at work), it went
through the motions to set up a new email account. Surely, I can share the
same mail account or pst between profiles, but how?
Thanks

0
mikey117 (63)

find the pst from work on your computer - if windows explorer, tools,
options, view hidden files and folders is not set to show hidden files and
folders, change it and then browse to C:\Documents and
Settings\work_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
You may need to give your home user permissions to view the folders before
you can access the pst.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Mike" <mikey117@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a laptop, Win XP Pro & Office XP, that I use at work logging in as
> user/domain. At home I log in as user/laptop. The first time I used it at
> home & tried to check mail (mail was originally set up at work), it went
> through the motions to set up a new email account. Surely, I can share the
> same mail account or pst between profiles, but how?
> Thanks

0
dianenws (1904)

importing pst files #3
I've had to reload Office 2000. I am now trying to import the Outlook backup I made, which is a .pst file. I'm following the import directions, Outlook is performing the task, but nothing is showing up - I am unable to see any of my contacts, emails, or folders I created. HELP! I'm desperate! Why are you trying to import? Why not just use the old .pst file as your main Outlook data file? If you need help in doing this, go to Help | About Microsoft Outlook and tell us whether Outlook is configured in Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup mode. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook M...

Duplicate email messages
I am receiving 2 copies of each email message in WLM downloaded from gmail. Any suggestions as to how to stop the duplication? -- Jean Have you set up the account twice in Tools - Accounts, perhaps one account is an alias for the same mailbox . . . . . "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F09793AD-CA57-440F-AA60-F3C165A86137@microsoft.com... > I am receiving 2 copies of each email message in WLM downloaded from > gmail. > Any suggestions as to how to stop the duplication? > -- > Jean Is your account set up as ...

Confirmation Email
Hi all, I want to be able to send out shipment confirmation emails at the end of the day, based on a query that populates with the records that meet some specified criteria. Any record that shows in this query result set will need to have an email sent to the customer on record. I am having the hardest time locating some code snipets that I could experiment with. How would I be able to have it go through each record and send an email? Any help, guidance, or code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -gary Try something like Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenR...

Exporting email with atachment to text file
I would lke to have a backup of all my email in a pure text form. Many years ago I used Netscape email, and the entire mail file was pur text; attachments followed the message and were encoded in base64. I could always retrieve my email (with a little effort) by cuting and pasting, and using uuencode to retrieve the binary form of the attachment. Is there any way to do this in Outlook? I have recently encountered difficulties with different versions of Outook at home and work, so would like to avoid problems like this in the future by having a purely text email file. TIA <dtshedd@yah...

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

Account format change #3
GP 9 framework length = 14 4 segments 3-4-4-3 seg 3 natural current useage length 11 1-3-4.3 in a test environment under tools setup acct format made the changes so that length = 14 seg1=3 seg2 =4 no change to seg3 or 4 this keeps us within the framework and saved ex acct 0-401-5000-399 became 0ss-401s-5000-399 s=space I then ran the prof tools modifier final acct 000-0401-5000-399 with the actindx of 0-401-5000-399 = to the new acct 000-0401-5000-399 only results that I have an issue with so far is the gl40200 the 2 segments that were changed had both in the table and the new longer segm...

Moving Emails to Folders
Though I encountered no problems over many months, in the last several I have run into a huge issue in moving certain emails from my "in" and "sent" boxes to my achive folders. These emails all either originate from China or have a Chinese originated reply in the email string. The individuals with whom I'm corresponding in China are from major corporations and, in one case, the person is an employee on my corporate email system. The symptoms are as follows. When I try to drag the email to the folder, the hourglass appears, as if it is trying to complete the transfer. A...

Unable to change email password
Hello: Here is my problem, I tried to change my email password by choosing Outlook login screen "Change Password" button, but received an error message "Your Windows password could not be changed, Please check the information and try again.". I have upgraded our Exchange system from 2000 to 2003 SP1 about six months ago, and never had that problem while at Exchange 2000, here is our setup - 1. Client - Outlook 2002 SP3 2. Server - Exchange 2003 server (Windows 2003 SP1) and Active Directory server (Still on Windows 2000 SP4). 3. We have Novell servers, so each works...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Warn me when other applications try to send email as me
Is there a setting in Outlook2002 that can be disabled like in Outlook Express? In Outlook Express all you have to do is disable the check box that states... "Warn me when other applications try to send email as me" In Outlook 2002 my custom mass email program stops. ...

combining two line charts with different x axis intervals
Hi newsgroup, I'm not getting around this one and hope that I'm just not clever enough ;) I try to get two line charts in the same graph, but they have different x axis intervals. Is this possible? For better understanding, an example of the first being x y 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 and an example of the second being x y 1 2 3 2 5 2 7 2 9 2 Thanks a lot in advance! Chris Hi, Try using a xy-scatter chart rather than a Line chart. Cheers Andy On 12/05/2010 11:50, Chris J Denver wrote: > Hi n...

FRx Account Filtering
I'm trying to use the account filtering feature on the account/trans detail tab of report options to include all accounts which have, say 11 in the second and third digits of the account. In our case this means using an account mask of ?11???-?????-?? which fits our account structure. The result is inconsistent. I get mostly accounts which match the pattern, but also a few that don't. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any advice. When you say I am mostly getting accounts that match the pattern, what are you getting that doesn't? This will help in detemining what you a...

Email with attached email in shared mailbox
I have a user that is unable to open attached Outlook email message in a shared mailbox more than once without closing out & reopening Outlook. She is using Outlook 2003 SP3 (11.8206.8202) under Windows XP SP2. The user is able to open a message and open any attached email messages once without any problems. However, if she closes the attached email message and attempts to reopen it, she immediately receives 'Operation Failed'. If she copies the message with the attached messages to her main Outlook mailbox, she can open the attached messages as many times as she wis...

merging worksheet by email
How does one execute merging a worksheet with someone by email? If the emailer has the exact same headers and emails the worksheet, how can I merge the list of names and addresses into my sheet alphabetically? Is this possible to do? TIA Bob Bob, Open both, copy the new data from the emailed worksheet, paste it at the bottom of your worksheet, then select the entire range and sort based on the appropriate key(s). HTH, Bernie "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3sklb.529$wc3.283@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > How does one execute merging a worksheet...

Default account setting not retained
I have one client on my network whose Outlook 2003 REFUSES to keep their POP3 account as the default account. Each time they log off their workstation the default reverts back to Exchange, which is not currently set up to handle email beyond the intranet. Does anyone know of any reason why this one client is the only person on the network whose account settings keep reverting? And what can I do about it? A quick reply would be greatly appreciated. Try a fresh mail profile - and do not multi-post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Send-as an Email alias [SBS2003PremiumR2]
Hello I add an SMTP email address to my SBS mailbox called sales@myplace.com and they appear in my Inbox. OK. Now I want to send emails from sales@myplace.com. How do I do that? Someone suggested I create a mail enabled public folder and then "Send-As" from the Public Folder. Is that right? Is there a procedure? Google or Bing (goobing) is your friend: "how to send as a different user from exchange" -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hello > > I add an SM...

Async error
I'm not sure exactly when this has happened. When I 'Test Access' I get 503 errors. I restarted the Async service and noticed the below error in the event log. I noticed a similar issue at; http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/48a444a5e2ce116b I did not import the organisation, nor update the async table manually. I ran the script on the database and it returned 31,874 records. Im not quite sure what that means though. Any help greatly appreciated. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService Event Category: None Event ID: ...

Deleted emails #5
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to retrieve deleted emails in Outlook? They were deleted from the deleted items folder about 2 hours ago :(. Sadly we are not using exchange. Thanks. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm should help. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Scotch Monster %*} asked: | Hi there, | I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to retriev...

Outlook 2003 stop receiving email
I have a client who is using MS Outlook 2003, and as of yesterday she can no longer receive email, she can send but nothing comes in. We use OWA and we see all her email that should be coming in but isn't. Any ideas why or how can I check the SMTP/POP3 ports to make sure they are 25 and 110? Thanks, ...

Attachments to one address and not another?
Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? No. TimBCC wrote: > Outlook 2007 - Is it possible to send an attachment to an email address (ex > -in the 'To' field), but not send the attachment to another address (ex - in > the 'Bcc' field) for the same message? Didn't think so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks. "Bob I" wrote: > No. > > TimBCC wrote: > &...

Problem using "Update retirement account" in Money 2005
I'm having trouble updating my 401k account using "Update retirement account" for my end of 2004 statement. There is one specific investement that produces the following error: "... will cause the balance of 'xx' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction." If I try to do the "Dividend" and the "Buy" transactions manually then I get the following error when I try to do the "Dividend" transaction: "You have not purchased 'xx' in this Investment Account...

Why do margins change when a file is emailed?
I am setting up monthly transaction worksheets for a client and then emailing them for her to print out. When she opens the email attachment and checks the print preview the top and bottom margins are not the same as what I set them at. Is there a way to correct this? T, I haven't seen this occur myself, but it may come from the use of different screen resolutions or different printers. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "TKuppan" <TKuppan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813CA78F-ED25-400B-8F95-56DAE4C3E975@microsoft.com I am setting up monthly transact...

Retrieve emails/addresses Help
I recently removed Windows XP and went back to Windows ME. Upon doing so I mistakingly lost all the emails and address updates made in Outlook Express made since I changed from Windows ME to XP (3 mths). Any ideas on how to retrieve those lost emails and addresses in Outlook Express? To go from XP to Me, you had to re-install the OS, which more than likely wiped out everything. Ray at work "phil horan" <philhoran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:03ba01c3610e$904b3470$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I recently removed Windows XP and went back to Windows ME. > Upon doing so ...

Emails Disappear from Outlook 2003
1 week old emails in the Inbox disappear by itself. I can't locate the emails using the Advanced Find feature. It seemed like the emails have been deleted permanently. Current computer is: Windows XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server set up. I checked the delivery mailbox locations and it is set up to the server for only one location. No rules set up on this computer. As researching for this topic, I already checked on the setting on View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> Message. No filter rules have been applied. The missing emails are not in the Archieved...

Filter data from one collum by looking up from another column
Hi, I am stuck on the following problem: I want to exclude names (or give them another color) from 1 column if they are also in another column. To illustrate this, the result from the following data: A B 1 John Peter 2 Sue Floyd 3 Peter Dan 4 Mike Chris would have to be: John Sue Mike Or in this case I could use a conditional formatting to paint A3 red. How do I do this? Try something like this: Using your posted example: Select A1:A4, with A1 as the active cell From the Excel main menu: <format><conditional formatting> Formula is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$B1,A1)>1 Click the...