Two Personal Folders #6

Through some convoluted process involving trying to move my data file I
appear to have ended up with two Personal Folders in the "All Mail Folders"
pane and one data store. I can't "Close" the second copy (it says 'The
operation failed. An object could not be found'). New items are only added
to one of the Personal Folders'

How do I delete the duplicate Personal Folders file/object?

Many thanks.

0
achalk1 (41)

it's a ghost pst
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message
> Through some convoluted process involving trying to move my data file I
> appear to have ended up with two Personal Folders in the "All Mail
> Folders" pane and one data store. I can't "Close" the second copy (it says
> 'The operation failed. An object could not be found'). New items are only
> added to one of the Personal Folders'
>
> How do I delete the duplicate Personal Folders file/object?
>
> Many thanks.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/17/2007 1:50:12 AM
You can't. You corrupted your profile.
Create a new one and a Avoid whatever "convoluted process" you used to
corrupt your first profile.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message
> Through some convoluted process involving trying to move my data file I
> appear to have ended up with two Personal Folders in the "All Mail
> Folders" pane and one data store. I can't "Close" the second copy (it says
> 'The operation failed. An object could not be found'). New items are only
> added to one of the Personal Folders'
>
> How do I delete the duplicate Personal Folders file/object?
>
> Many thanks.

0
russval1 (2100)
5/17/2007 1:52:15 AM
Interesting. My registry was all binary keys so I created a new profile and
deleted the old one.

Regards,

Andrew

> it's a ghost pst
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>
> "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message
>> Through some convoluted process involving trying to move my data file I
>> appear to have ended up with two Personal Folders in the "All Mail
>> Folders" pane and one data store. I can't "Close" the second copy (it
>> says 'The operation failed. An object could not be found'). New items are
>> only added to one of the Personal Folders'
>>
>> How do I delete the duplicate Personal Folders file/object?
>>
>> Many thanks.

0
achalk1 (41)
5/17/2007 3:49:46 AM
As I said, that's the only way to fix this in Outlook 2003 and above.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Interesting. My registry was all binary keys so I created a new profile
> and deleted the old one.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> it's a ghost pst
>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>
>> "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message
>>> Through some convoluted process involving trying to move my data file I
>>> appear to have ended up with two Personal Folders in the "All Mail
>>> Folders" pane and one data store. I can't "Close" the second copy (it
>>> says 'The operation failed. An object could not be found'). New items
>>> are only added to one of the Personal Folders'
>>>
>>> How do I delete the duplicate Personal Folders file/object?
>>>
>>> Many thanks.

0
russval1 (2100)

Public Folders In different routing/administrative groups
Hi guys! I know this is a real mess, but I have an exchange 2000 org, (not native yet we have some 5.5s out there) with 2 different administrative groups with 2 different routing groups. Each admin/routing group has a 2003 sp2 exchange server running in it right now. One of those 2003 exchange servers has all of our public folders on it, and I would like to replicate those public folders to our other 2003 exchange server in the other administrative/routing group. Is there a reason why I should not do this? Thanks guys! Mike Not at all and probably makes sense from a user perspect...

Find and Replace Permissions change on Public Folders
OK, I've been tasked with changing permissions on Hundreds of public folders. We are bringing up a thousand new security groups in a new naming convention, they are going to replace Mail enabled security groups currently assigned to public folders. How can I simplify this process? Is there a tool that performs a function like "subinACL" that will perform a Find/Replace on public folders? pfDavadmin might be able to help you out. It can export permissions and you can modify the permissions file and then import them back. "dnilson@gmail.com" wrote: > OK, I'...

How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook?
Everytime I want to "X" out of excel, I always have to also close the PERSONAL.XLS sheet Normally the Personal file is hidden If you use Windows | Hide then you will never need to close it again OR you could locate it in the XLSTART folder and just delete it - hope it has no macros that you need to use best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Arencia" <Arencia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E91F069-881E-4D83-A224-8B4E78365949@microsoft.com... > Everytime I want to "X" out of...

Can I use gdi+ in vs 6?
in "stdafx" I add #if defined(_WIN64) typedef unsigned __int64 ULONG_PTR; #else typedef unsigned long ULONG_PTR; #endif #include "gdiplus.h" #pragma comment( lib, "gdiplus.lib" ) and CWinApp::InitInstance(); ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput; ��Gdiplus::GdiplusStartup(&m_gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL); Gdiplus::GdiplusShutdown(m_gdiplusToken); ��return CWinApp::ExitInstance(); It compiles OK. But when I add Graphics graphics( pDC->m_hDC ); it tell me error C2065: 'Graphics' : undeclared identifier why ??ho...

Can I move an old user's email to a public folder?
I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our business. Is this possible? Thank you in advance. Frank On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:47:02 -0700, Zach <zach@news.postalias> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to >a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is >disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our >bu...

Delegate access to shared folders created in "outlook today"
I am aware of the process to set up delegates and give permissions to allow other users (a specific group of users) access to a new folder I created in "Outlook Today". When I try to give them access to the new folder I have created, the folder does not even come up as an option. Only lists options to share (general) inbox, calendar, etc. I need this folder to be shared as I have invoked a rule to send all emails from a particular source to this folder (these emails are of interest to all specified users). I only want the other users to be able to access emails from this par...

Inbox- Missing files/folders
This is the second time this has happened, I wonder if anyone can help. > Without any warning all the files and sub folders under my Inbox in Outlook > Express disappear totally but files in the Sent, Outbox, Deleted folders etc are all okay. Can > anyone tell me where they went and how to get them back. > Cheers. Hello, Please take a look at the following article. 321505 OLEXP: Outlook Express E-Mail Messages Are Missing from the Inbox Folder http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321505 If you check inbox.dbx file and there is no content of previous mail items, then there is n...

Importing messages and files to Favorite Folders
have my POP email accounts set up in WLM. I imported all my message folders .They went in to Imported Folder. My question is how can I move the folders into my Pop email account Folder. I have a pop server account named: 1st Account BOB Inbox Drafts Sent Items Junk email Deleted 2nd Account JOHN Drafts Sent Items Junk Items Deleted Items Imported Folders Drafts Sent Deleted Imported Folder (1) Under Folder (1) are all my imported Folders with my email messages in them. How can I get these Folders into Bob's account Thanks in Advance Doug ...

Two rows comparison
Folks, In my VBA programming New issue appeard. I was asked to create "simple" macro that compares two rows - in two different worksheets cell by cell, and if the value in two cells is the same in other row o worksheet 2 certain value should be placed. Is there anybody who ca help me. thanks a lot greetings skite -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Skitek, We need a little more information: how are the rows determined, and how are the sheets determined? Are they the same row number of each sheet, or is there a key number in one column that must be matched. And ...

Opening other users folders
Howdy. How do you stop users from opening other user's folder, ie inbox, calendar, tasks. Inbox folders are NOT shared. Default and Anonymous permissions are "none." Privacy/Security problem. THanks in advance, Kenny ...

Two Crm Servers 08-19-05
What are the implications of having two CRM servers on the same AD? Meaning two different CRM Servers Looking at there Own SQL Databases One implication is that only one of your CRM systems will be email enabled. The CRM router can only handle one CRM system in the AD Forest "Need Some Help" <Need@news.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:Oa9oeCKpFHA.1304@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What are the implications of having two CRM servers on the same AD? > > Meaning two different CRM Servers Looking at there Own SQL Databases > > Another implication is that ...

Removing Public Folder Replica(s)
I will be removing an Exchange 5.5 site from our environment later this week. I have found an article that goes over the process. One of the steps is to remove Public Folder Replicas from Exchange_Site_B. This is where I'm having trouble. When I try and remove the replica from Site_B, I get an error that I don't have permissions to perform this operation on the Information Store. The exact message follows: You do not have the permission required to complete the operation on the information store. Microsoft Exchange Information Store ID no: c1040af3 Now, I have checked permissio...

I Lost my public folders
This morning I had a public folder store that was working well for all my users. The only problem was that just about everybody had full permissions to read and write to every folder. I decided it was time to tighten down the security permissions. I went into ESM -> Folders -> Public Folder Tree and prceeded to edit the permissions to what I thought they should look like. Unfortunatly, I can't remember what I did to the top folder group, but after I clicked apply, the Public Folder Tree dissappeared from ESM. I'm sure its not deleted because if I try and create a new tree wi...

Share Calendar in Public Folder
Hi, I have 5 people sharing a calendar under public folder. They use it to make appoinments, is there a way for me to set a color font for each user? so that it's easier to distinguish which belongs to whom. For instance, can I set the font color of user1 to red, user2 to green, etc... Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ed You can change the labels for that. Edit-> Labels... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "ED" <anonymous...

Declare Quota for sales person
How can i declare Quota in the system. I cant find this option under the setting declare quota? can you be more specific? -gary "Amit" <Amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95F9DEED-8F22-48D8-BD6E-A26B737CA739@microsoft.com... > How can i declare Quota in the system. > I cant find this option under the setting ...

Need Help Enabling Flags in OWA for Public Folder
Hello-- I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for access to only a limited group via OWA. Everything is working great except no one, including the Domain Administrator can "flag" a post. The Flag Column header is grayed out and when you click on it, it merely depresses. Any advice on how to enable the flags would be appreciated. Many thanks, sd On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:45:02 -0700, razor <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello-- > >I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for >access to ...

How do I move important folders (as in outlook xp) to the folders.
In Ol xp I was able to move "in use folders and documents" to the OL toolbar on the left. Is that possible in OL2003? No, Outlook 2003 no longer uses the Outlook bar but you can build your own view of folders using the Favorite Folders option. See F1 Help for information on using Favorite folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CDA asked: | In Ol xp I was able to...

Corrupted Personal.xls file in Excel 97 ??
Oops! This is a correction to the subject of my previous posting. Please excuse me. =========================================================== I am using Excel 97. As of a few days ago, every time I start Excel I get a dialogue box that says "Personal.xls is being modified by Milt" (that's me) and giving me three choices: (1) Open the Personal.xls as a Read Only file, (2) Notify me when it becomes available, (3) Cancel. No matter which choice I take, the same dialogue box appears the next time I start Excel. The only way I have found to stop getting that dialogue b...

Folder Maintenance
I am using OL 2003 and am looking for a folder maintenance tool. I use folders for message sorting as well as for tracking projects and tasks. I build up empty folders as tasks or projects complete and have been deleting them manually. That is time consuming. I looked through add-ins and saw many tools for managing attachments, but none for folder management that would detect and notify for empty folders. And/or that would allow tagging folders so they can be deleted as a group instead of individually. Do you know of anything I can do? Phil -- pventresca http://foru...

HOW TO: Plot a Team Name on a chart based on two values
Hi, I have the following table exmaple, what I like to do is to plot the team as where their values cross, e.g. for TEAM 01 where 5 and 60 cross on a graph having Revenue as the Y axis and Clients as the X axis. COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C TEAMS CLIENTS REVENUE TEAM 01 5 60 TEAM 02 10 120 TEAM 03 15 180 TEAM 04 6 72 TEAM 05 12 144 TEAM 06 18 216 TEAM 07 7 84 TEAM 08 14 168 TEAM 09 21 252 TEAM 10 8 96 Any guidence, much appriciated. I've done this using Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler www.appspro.com "Kevin McCartney" <KevinMcCartney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

adding values if the criteria in two columns are met
I need a formula to add values with two criteria in a column. I am trying to add the values if two criteria are met. For example below, I want to add the total of the amount that are for 2008 and has a Status of No. The answer would be $86,750. I could use the Pivot Table, but It's not what I want to use. Is there another way to do it with a formula? Amount Percent Year Status 75,000 3.00% 2008 No 6,750 3.00% 2008 No 9,100.00 2.00% 2009 Yes 620,000 2.00% 2009 No 2,800 2.00% 2009 No thank you, mayasmom Try this: =3DSUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C10=3...

order of PST files appearing in the Folder List
Hello, I create .pst files with various names, to store emails in. For my work. I keep histories of messages, etc., One thing i would like to be able to do is to have the ability to dictate which order the pst files appear in the folder list. is there any way to do this? thank you, No, they'll always appear alphabetically. You'd have to name them in such a way that alphabetical order is also the order you want the files to appear in. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to pr...

Combining two multiple-page publications
How do I combine two multiple-page publications in Publisher? TMP wrote: > How do I combine two multiple-page publications in Publisher? Do you have Publisher 2007? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org I am jumping into this post b/c I have the same question - I am using Publisher 2003. I have 5 documents, each about 20-40 pages in lenght that I would like to combine into one document. Any ideas?? "Ed Bennett" wrote: > TMP wrote: > > How do I combine two multiple-page publications in Publisher? > > Do you have Publisher 2007? > ...

Your standard email folder can not be opened
Good day, we have a new customer with an SBS2003 and XP clients. The people who have set up the system two years ago are not available any more. We created two new accounts using the SBS assitant, like we always do. All is well, but if we log in with the new account on any client and open Outlook it does not work. First we enter the exchange server name and account name and OL recognizes them. Then the message "Outlook accounts are configured and welcome message is generated" appears. Next we get the following error message: (I've translated it from German so it may be...

Meeting Requests #6
When sending a meeting request from Outlook 2003 too 2000 it comes through in this format instead of the nice graphical format with the accept buttons etc. Is there away around this From: User [mailto:Outlook 2003 User] On Behalf Of Meetings Calendar Sent: 20 August 2007 09:37 To: 2000 user Subject: test When: 20 August 2007 08:00-08:30 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* as requested Any ideas why or is it due to version? Make sure you send it in Rich Text Format. That should make it travel in a format that both machines should int...