Two Personal folders #3

I have somehow got two personel folders in outlook but cannot deete the
second one. Can anyone help :-)

Thanks

Ray

0
ray5023 (2)

Only if you provide your Outlook version and the steps you used to do this.
Can you R click and close the second set?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ray Woods" <ray@dataclinic.co.nz> wrote in message
>I have somehow got two personel folders in outlook but cannot deete the
>second one. Can anyone help :-)
>
> Thanks
>

> Ray

0
russval1 (2100)
3/26/2005 12:08:02 PM
Ray

I have the same issue - in OL2000 under WinXP Home. You can't close one of
them, yeah?

I have two user profiles on the machine: one for me and one for my partner -
both of us access the same .PST file - he doesn't have two personal folders
showing, whereas I do.

It's a "nothing", but it's VERY irritating.

Can anybody help? Are we talking a need for a reinstall of Office 2000? I do
hope not!

TIA

Martin

"Ray Woods" <ray@dataclinic.co.nz> wrote in message
>I have somehow got two personel folders in outlook but cannot deete the
>second one. Can anyone help :-)
>
> Thanks
>

> Ray

The answer to your question requires that you provide a more accurate
account of your Outlook version.
Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Martin Jones" <martinjones1260@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Ray
>
> I have the same issue - in OL2000 under WinXP Home. You can't close one of
> them, yeah?
>
> I have two user profiles on the machine: one for me and one for my
> partner - both of us access the same .PST file - he doesn't have two
> personal folders showing, whereas I do.
>
> It's a "nothing", but it's VERY irritating.
>
> Can anybody help? Are we talking a need for a reinstall of Office 2000? I
> do hope not!
>
> TIA
>
> Martin
>

> "Ray Woods" <ray@dataclinic.co.nz> wrote in message
>>I have somehow got two personel folders in outlook but cannot deete the
>>second one. Can anyone help :-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Ray

0
russval1 (2100)
3/26/2005 12:55:44 PM
I am running Outlook 2003 SP1 on Internet Mail Only. The second Personel
Folders has the same information as the first and cannot be deleted. As
Martin says its a nothing I guess but anoying. i.e same folders
Thanks
Ray

> The answer to your question requires that you provide a more accurate
> account of your Outlook version.
> Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Martin Jones" <martinjones1260@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ray
>>
>> I have the same issue - in OL2000 under WinXP Home. You can't close one
>> of them, yeah?
>>
>> I have two user profiles on the machine: one for me and one for my
>> partner - both of us access the same .PST file - he doesn't have two
>> personal folders showing, whereas I do.
>>
>> It's a "nothing", but it's VERY irritating.
>>
>> Can anybody help? Are we talking a need for a reinstall of Office 2000? I
>> do hope not!
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Martin
>>

>> "Ray Woods" <ray@dataclinic.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>I have somehow got two personel folders in outlook but cannot deete the
>>>second one. Can anyone help :-)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Ray

0
ray5023 (2)
3/29/2005 10:30:22 AM
Outlook 2003 does not have separate mail support modes, so there is no such
thing as IMO.
In your case, you have a corrupt profile, most likely from having migrated
your Outlook data incorrectly.
Create a new profile. Make sure you migrate your data correctly to the new
profile:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx

--
>I am running Outlook 2003 SP1 on Internet Mail Only. The second Personel
>Folders has the same information as the first and cannot be deleted. As
>Martin says its a nothing I guess but anoying. i.e same folders
> Thanks
> Ray
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The answer to your question requires that you provide a more accurate
>> account of your Outlook version.
>> Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Martin Jones" <martinjones1260@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Ray
>>>
>>> I have the same issue - in OL2000 under WinXP Home. You can't close one
>>> of them, yeah?
>>>
>>> I have two user profiles on the machine: one for me and one for my
>>> partner - both of us access the same .PST file - he doesn't have two
>>> personal folders showing, whereas I do.
>>>
>>> It's a "nothing", but it's VERY irritating.
>>>
>>> Can anybody help? Are we talking a need for a reinstall of Office 2000?
>>> I do hope not!
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>

>>> "Ray Woods" <ray@dataclinic.co.nz> wrote in message

0
russval1 (2100)

How to recover a public folder
Hope someone can help me with this... Did a domain migration, everything came over with the exception of the public folders. I exported the public folders to a .PST file using the administrator account but it didn't take so I have to figure out a way to recover the public folders. The system had its own exchange server (not on the domain controller) and the domain (say domain1) was changed to the new domain (say domain2). So, I have migrated the mailboxes, users and computers. The new domain (Small Business Server 2003 R2) is working fine. (The prior domain was SBS2000 with the addi...

Missing email #3
For several months now, I have been having a problem with not receiving all of my email. Many, many times, I have learned that someone sent me an email, yet I never received it. Also, emails I send are sometimes not received. I have a small LAN and WLAN and my husband, who sits three feet away, always seems to get his email. I have taken to having him copied on anything important and he always seems to get his copy, but I frequently don't get mine. I have tried eliminating every possible cause I could think of, including the following: 1 - My system: The problem also occ...

relocating the "vsi 1" folder
I read and followed the instructions in Q822933 to relocate the "vsi 1" folder. However, when I try to do so, I can't seem to access the existing "vsi 1" folder. If i try to right or left click on it in in windows explorer, explorer freezes up and won't return. I've tried doing a xcopy, but I get an error for "Invalid path". I know the path is right (triple checked at least a dozen times). I have successfully moved the "Badmail" and "QueueMail" folders using the System Attendant, but I want to move the "Pickup" folde...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

Create folder and rule for many users in batch . . . ?
Hi, is there a way to automatically create a mail folder below the Inbox and create a rule for a large group of users with the least effort? -- Thanks in advance, Chiel Varkevisser The Hague The Netherlands Check out SpamMover app: http://www.ivasot.biz/spammover.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "Chiel Varkevisser" <ChielVarkevisser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:989DBA07-F869-4E3A-B715-D23BECBD40AE@microsoft.com... > Hi, is there a way to automatically create a mail folder below the Inbox > and > create a rule for a...

Selecting a directory or folder in Hyperlink dialog box
I am building a macro that will automate the first few steps of building a hyperlink. Because I don't know the location or name of the file to which the hyperlink will point, I would like the user to complete the process past a certain point. So, I have the following items in the macro thus far (for 2007): Application.SendKeys ("%NI") Application.SendKeys ("%L") This opens the Hyperlink dialog box and then activates the Look In block. Now I would like to direct it to a certain directory in the Look In block allowing the user to complete the h...

Export
When I select export files and select comma seperated value-windows, then go to the next feature, SELECT FOLDER TO EXPORT FROM----The screen is blank. I have no choice of folders to export from. Any ideas why the list of folders is not displayed? I assume you are trying to back up Outlook files: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "SonomaEnterprises" wrote: > When I select export files and...

Offline Address Book not updating #3
We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 200 and 2003. Outlook 2003 use the outlook s in cache mode, be have latey noticed "some" user aren't getting the new GAL after a day or so. We run the Offline Address Book from excahnge at midnight and 1pm. What could be the probem? Mine seems to be fine, be some users are can be 2-4 weeks old... Try taking them off cache mode. 1) Settings -> Control Panel -> Mail -> Email Accounts -> View or Change existing email settings Select Exchange server and click change 2) Check off the cached mode. -> Click Next and finish....

How do I compare data in two worksheets to find matching cells?
Each day I work with two worksheets. One is a list of numbers that is given to me by someone else. The other list is something I make myself, again it is a list of numbers. I need to know if there is a way I can compare the data to find out if any of the numbers I input on my list match up to the ones on the list I am given. I am aware of the "Find" function, but I'm working with lists of hundreds of numbers, and it's really annoying to take each one and "find" it on another worksheet. Any answers? Hi Gary, See Chip Pearson's Tagging Duplicates page. In ...

Information on assets that are used for bussiness and personal
How can I use your program to designate a porcentage of these type of assets? Exaple office space at home, car for personal use and work? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=88fddc9b...

blank two fold 8 1/2 x 14 brochure templates
where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure template It is a simple page setup. Setup your printer for legal stock and then your page. In the arrange menu select two or three columns. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kawika" <kawika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99D8D0A-E6C8-48A2-A5AF-C5B6E365219C@microsoft.com... > where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure > template ...

CRM 3.0 server not available
Hi, I have got a question about CRM 3.0. We had installed CRM 3.0, but when I open Outlook (2003) he give following message: - The server is not available and try to restart Outlook again. I tried it, but the same error appears. What can I do to resolve the problem ? It seems that CRM does not connect with outlook. I reconnected the services, restarting the server...nothing. Who can help me? greetzz Rene reneotter@hotmail.com Rene; When you installed the CRM for Outlook, it asked you for the URL of your CRM server. On that same computer, can you open Internet Explorer and enter t...

Y scale for P. ie when P$= 2, QD=10 & QS=3 P needs to be Y scale
I am trying to create a graph the compares Quantity Demanded and Supplied in relation to a particular price to find the equilibrium (intersection). The problem is, I have no idea how to make one row the Y scale in my graph. and the other two (QD and QS) the two line graphs which should intersect. For example at a price $0, the QD is 11 units and the QS is 0. At a price $ 4 the QD is 9 units and the QS is 3 units. So as price increases/decreases, demand and supply changes! Hi, Maybe Tushar Mehta's page can help you out. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ Cheers ...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Backup Exchange Server #3
Hi, I am new to Exchange administration. So please be gentle in reply... Here is the Question: My company currently has 1 exchange server. Recently it went down and we did not have emails for almost 3 days before I could figure out a way to get the database back (considering that there was no backup as it was failing). Now it is all working perfectly well. My boss now wants me to put in a secondary exchange server so that incase the first one fails it should automatically switch over to the second one and there should be no down time. My company is based on revenue from orders coming t...

re public folders
We use public folders to store emails about our projects. Until recently, each time a new folder was created, an email address was created automaticlly. Now that doesn't happen and I have to go in the Exchange Sys manager and create the email address. Can anyone tell me why this might have happened? We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 etc You changed Exchange from Mixed mode to Native mode :-) I'm not sure why the behavior changes, but it does. Once you switch to native mode, PF's are no longer mail-enabled by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "IT n...

Outlook 2003 Public folders Offline (OST)
With outlook 2000/2002 pulic folders can be made available offline by: 1. Right clicking on the folder and adding it to favorites then 2. Going to send/reacive groups and ticking that the specified favorites should be avilable offline. How is this done in Outlook 2003? Cached or Traditional mode? If Cached, you need to verify the option is enabled to cache public folder favorites in your mail profile. (Right click on Mailbox - Username and select properties | advanced button | advanced tab) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to ...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

Please help! MS Exchange Server is sending personal info!
I have all my personal banking, credit card numbers, passwords, drivers license #, ect, on in my contacts. And some sensitive info in notes. My company just changed to an inhouse server and is using ms exchange and it copied my contacts folder to the server, which can certainly be viewed by anybody in the office. And I run the risk of all this going everywhere. I went on the internet site and deleted everything I could, but now I can never go into outlook while being connected to the internet. Please help! What is the best solution? Thanks, Wendy Mark your contact properties in the permissi...

money 2001 #3
I had to reload my entire operating system and therefore had to reinstall money 2001. I saved my money folder but do not know how to reinstall my check register. I am fearful that it may not live in the money folder. Does anyone know what it is called and how I can reload that file into my newly installed money 2001? Now's probably not the brightest time to come ask this question. You Money data file is stored ****where you told Money to store it.**** In most cases--and in any sensible case--this won't be in the Program Files\Microsoft Money directory. It will be in the My Doc...

Combining two companies into one
We are approaching a point where management wants to combine two separately operating companies into one entity. How do I merge the one into the larger? Can I do this within Great Plains and migrate the tables & information? There isn't a conflict with cost center-acct#'s on the income statement but there would be on the balance sheet. Vendor names & numbers would need to be redone as well. Management will want to be able to combine by the end of the year. I know I could just create new cost centers and quit using the old company but if there is any way to combi...

earn monry 100 dolor cilick mysite #3
earn monry 100 dolor cilick mysite free download song vidios ********************************** htpp;//beautifullykhan.blogspot.com ************************************* ...

Creating rules #3
Does anyone know how I can create a rule that looks for emails that have an attachment with a specific name? You can't. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "dkennamer" <dkennamer@nwmls.com> wrote in message news:13c3301c44435$ae2d3410$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how I can create a rule that looks for > emails that have an attachment with a specific name? Are you up to writing a macro? I think that's the only way to do it...if you create a...

Public Contact Folder
First of all, I am brand new to using Exchange, with no training. What I'm trying to accomplish is to have one corporate contact folder for Customers & Vendors that all users can access and certain users can maintain. I have set up a public folder, which is working ok. But now the users that use to have these contacts in their individual contact folder cannot access the list of email address when sending an email. Is there any way to have the public folder's email addresses list when you're sending a message? Thanks. sure...right-click the public folder, then on the &...

Sql Server Indexing With Two or More Columns
I got a question with indexing. If I create an index and select 2 or more columns, what is the difference with that and creating 2 (or more separate ) indexes for them? Thanks mark It depends on what you are doing If you have WHERE Last=@p1 AND First=@p2 there no need to have two indexes , however having WHERE First=@p2 the first index on Last,First may or may not be useful, so in that case having two NCI may be a good idea I mean you need testing it, and make a decision.Also there is no need to create NCI on every column, it is especially true in SQL Server 2005 and onwards w...