Two Personal Folder...pointing to the same location

Hello,
i am using Outlook 2003.   In the "All Mail Folders" section, i see TWO
"Personal Folders" tree node.  Both are pointing to the same same
location, namely:
    res://C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\1033\outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm

How can i get rid of one of these?  there is not option to close or
remove one of thse when i right click on the node.
This is a nuisance because when i am using certain apps that integrate
with outlook contacts, it appears they are never able to find my
contacts the first time.  i have to manually switch to the second
folder to be able to get at my contacts.

thanks much

0
farseer (6)

figured it out.

fyi:

-copy pst file

-use file->datafile management and add the new file.  Give it a unique
name so you can differentiate from your other personal folders, since
you will be removing them later.

-go to tools->email account and set 'deliver new email to the following
account" to point to your newly added file

-now remove the other Personal Folders.

-if you can't remove both still, as i couldn't, got to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\,  and delete any keys w/
references to the personal folders

On Jan 26, 12:48 am, "farseer" <fars...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> i am using Outlook 2003.   In the "All Mail Folders" section, i see TWO
> "Personal Folders" tree node.  Both are pointing to the same same
> location, namely:
>     res://C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE11\1033\outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm
>
> How can i get rid of one of these?  there is not option to close or
> remove one of thse when i right click on the node.
> This is a nuisance because when i am using certain apps that integrate
> with outlook contacts, it appears they are never able to find my
> contacts the first time.  i have to manually switch to the second
> folder to be able to get at my contacts.
>
> thanks much

0
farseer (6)
1/26/2007 6:38:43 AM
farseer, you  wrote on 25 Jan 2007 21:48:56 -0800:

> Hello,
> i am using Outlook 2003.   In the "All Mail Folders" section, i see TWO
> "Personal Folders" tree node.  Both are pointing to the same same
> location, namely:
>     res://C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE11\1033\outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm
>
> How can i get rid of one of these?  there is not option to close or
> remove one of thse when i right click on the node.

Your Outlook profile is corrupt. Try to repair it with [1]. If the
repairing does not work (very unlikely), you must create a new profile
to get rid of the redundant folder:

Control panel | Mail | Show profiles

[1] http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/English/OLfix/index.htm

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

this problem with "ghost PST files" is described on this site:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm

You could also try this freeware tool to repair your profile:
http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-public-fix-profile.html

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"farseer" <farseer@optonline.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello,
> i am using Outlook 2003.   In the "All Mail Folders" section, i see TWO
> "Personal Folders" tree node.  Both are pointing to the same same
> location, namely:
>    res://C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE11\1033\outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm
>
> How can i get rid of one of these?  there is not option to close or
> remove one of thse when i right click on the node.
> This is a nuisance because when i am using certain apps that integrate
> with outlook contacts, it appears they are never able to find my
> contacts the first time.  i have to manually switch to the second
> folder to be able to get at my contacts.
>
> thanks much

0
trash5936 (201)

Cannot move emails between folders 02-20-10
I have Outlook 2007. Had a system crash and had a corruption in Outlook which required me to run the scanpst utility to fix it. Had lost contacts and calendar but emails appeared to have been saved. After reinstalling Vista I reloaded Outlook and tried to import all the emails from my previous version. They would not import. I renamed the previous pst file and attached it to the new version thinking I could move the emails to the new Personal folder. Some converted but many would not. I get a message "Cannot move the items". Any suggestions as to what I shou...

Word 2007 Macro
Forgive me if these are silly questions, but I am very new to writing macros. I have a .dotm template with an AutoNew() macro, and I am trying to figure out how to do 2 things: 1) When I have the file save, I want it to save in the same directory as the template is in, rather than in My Documents. How do I do this? 2) The macro inserts content into the document from a number of external files. Once this is done, I'd like to have it update the table of contents. How do I do that? Thank you! Kaiti With ActiveDocument .TablesOfContents(1).Update .SaveAs .At...

Public Folder Email Looping
We have a number of Mail Enabled Public Folders that we have server alerts sent to. The public folder then forwards the alert to Blackberry mailboxes. I had an issue where a users Blackberry mailbox was down and when a message was forwarded to him from the PF it began a loop that wouldn't stop. 1) The Public Folder forwards the message out. 2) It gets rejected by Blackberry and sends a non-delivery back to the PF. 3) The Public folder then continues to forward the non-delivery message to the Blackberry account. 4) continued loop has started Is there any way to prevent this from h...

Explore menu folders in excel
Hi, I'm trying to make a spreadsheet of folders (just the name of the folder) from explore of the start menu and copy it into excel. I have hundreds of different folders. So I was wanting to know if there was a quick way of doing this? Tammy ...

Re: Two Outlook 2007 issues..
Hi, Forgot to mention, help about shows 12.0.6514.5000 sp2 mso 12.0.6529.5000 Thanks, Alan "Anonymous User" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > > Issue 1 : Dismissing a reminder will not permanentely dismiss it. It will > go away then, but come back later. > > Issue 2 : When sorting the inbox on something other than received date, > the ability to delete messages is impacted. You can try to delete a > message, and sometimes it will delete, but many times it will act as if it > did delete it, but the message is still present...

Mailbox Folder Access
I understand how to grant permission to a single user's mailbox. However, can I grant that access centrally from one location, rather than touching every AD account? I haven't used it, but see http://www.symprex.com/excentre/fpm.htm Or send out a simple email to users explaining how to do it. JOHN wrote: > I understand how to grant permission to a single user's > mailbox. However, can I grant that access centrally from > one location, rather than touching every AD account? ...

How to show data between two dates?
I have a list of tenants and the dates they moved in and out of their flats. I need to show which weeks within a specific period that the flats were filled - either by showing the tenants intials or a tick. A B C D E F G H Unit No Client Start End 04-01 11-01 18-01 25-01 1 JB 23-11 06-02 JB 2 GK 05-01 GK GK GK GK 3 LB 01-12 28-02 LB LB LB LB Does anybody know how is best to do this? We've tried using an IF formula but it doesn't work if their is a start and end date. ...

Delete folder in Outlook 98
I can't seem to find a way to delete a folder in Outlook 98. I have a file(?) "Outlook Today" and another file I named "MyName". I'm always finding myself in the wrong one - it's aggravating. Please help. Pat Upshaw Charles P. (Pat) Upshaw <patup@earthlink.net> wrote: > I can't seem to find a way to delete a folder in Outlook 98. I have a > file(?) "Outlook Today" and another file I named "MyName". I'm always > finding myself in the wrong one - it's aggravating. The "Outlook Today" folder file i...

I need help merging two online payees
I have two identical online payees, each one having different transactions. I want to merge them into one. I went to Manage Online Services, selected my bank, & clicked on "Stop Using Online Services". The bank is now listed under the top heading with "Set up Online Services", so I know that it is disabled. However, I STILL cannot rename, move, etc. in the Payee screen. These choices are still grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Is there another place I have to go to disable this bank? ...

The contents of this public folder are currently
Someone from Outlook Calendaring suggested I move my question here: Created a calendar in all public folders in site1 Gave permission to 10 users total (7 from site1 and 3 from site2) Users has REVIEWER permission so they should be able to view calendar Users from site2 is unable to view the calendar Users from site 2 see the following msg when they click on the calendar. Users has Office 2002 sp2 Any ideas? Full error message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location.The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either ...

cannot open default email folders. information store cannot be ope
i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will not open. I can access my mail online through Cox but it does not contain my personal folders or all of my emails. I am using Vista and Outlook 2007. thank you. Have you inadvertently configured your mail account to connect to an Exchange server? "jnormandin" <jnormandin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8E95224-8BAD-4B79-9CED-B673D68D16DF@microsoft.com... > i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will > not open. I can access my mail onl...

Sync personal calendar with exchange calendar
Motorola Q phones will not sync to Exchange folders via usb - I need to sync the personal calendar with the exchange calendar in outlook so I can then sync this pda. Suggestions would be appreciated. Harry harry <mackey@musc.edu> wrote: > Motorola Q phones will not sync to Exchange folders via usb - I need > to sync the personal calendar with the exchange calendar in outlook > so I can then sync this pda. > > Suggestions would be appreciated. Sync questions are the purview of the vendors of the sync software. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't Track contacts in an Outlook Public Folder
Our current company contacts are in a public folder called company contacts When we try to track these contacts in CRM we get the following message “Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook Store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM” If I track a contact in my local Outlook contacts, this appears in CRM However, the contact then appears twice in my local contacts list If I delete the contacts they stay in CRM but no are no longer in Outlook The reason we have our company contacts in a public folder is to ensure that everyone is referencing one source so that any new contacts and update...

HQClient Error: <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Location:....
Out of no where I'm getting this error message in HQClient in one of my locations. I don't know if this is related but a interstore transfer request was sent and it keeps creating 2 blank transfer-outs and 1 blank transfer-in. Also the software firewall gave me a weird message stating mmgs.exe windows messenger was doing something with the HQclient so do you want to approve yes or no. Can someone help me decipher the error? Thanks... <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Location: recbase.cpp:1378 Expression: m_offBeginVar < m_SizeRec SPID: 54...

path to Public folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4AF86.FAE6BA80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi folks, We have a standalone W2k3 DC with Exchange 2k3. It seems like the path = in the IIS manager is not correct and we cannot write to the location. = In the IIS manager the location for 'Public' under the default web site = is: \\.BackOfficeStorage\dc.ourdomain.com\Public Folders For the 'ExchWeb' it is: C:\Progran Files\Exchsrvr\ExchWeb What is the path to the actual folder for the...

Error adding existing personal folders
I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 again, I went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select the .pst file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal folders file." The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive. Any ideas why Outlook is not recognizing them? It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst)" when I ...

Personalizing the suffix quote and order sould be very useful.
It should very useful to be able to personalize the suffix quote and order in the autonumbering format, by exemple with the initials of the person who created the quote. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

Problems with OutlookXP Personal Address Book after C: recovery
Home PC running XP Home, SP1 and OfficeXP. I use an administrator logon exclusively. The C: hard drive was failing, so I backed up Documents and Settings directory, replaced hard drive and reloaded all applications and recovered Documents and Settings, with a "Force Replace Exisiting Directories & Files" option. When I first used OutlookXP, there were no email accounts (had been two), no mail folders and no Contacts. I used the Outlook Import Files and finally regained my mail folders intact, setup the two email accounts by hand and they work fine. I can send and receive mail fr...

E-mail folders will not open when Outlook installed
After OUTLOOK 2002 was installed on my computer it would not work properly, and the following error message was received: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found." "MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered ...

Outlook 2003 : How to check default mail delivery location
Hi all, Does anyone know how to find out what the default mail delivery location in Outlook 2003 is? Is this somewhere in the registry or in some obscure file on the HD? I know you can of course look in Outlook (under Accounts), but I need to be able to script this ... We are using Outlook 2003 clients on Win XP. Any help is appriciated! Lenny Lennydc@gmail.com, you wrote on Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:51:26 -0000: > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to find out what the default mail delivery > location in Outlook 2003 is? > > Is this somewhere in the registry or in some ...

Search Folder for additional Exchange account
Hi In my profile I have set to open an additional Exchange account. In OL2003 I could have a second search folder to show me unread email from this account. When trying to creating a new search folder I am only offered to set it up for the main account and for the archive folder. How can I create a search folder for the additional account in OL2007? Thanks Franz If opened as an additional mailbox, you would need to set the search folder options under that mailbox. Search folders do not work across mailbox stores. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ke...

3 email accounts, 3 folders
Office 2003, Windows X I have 3 email accounts with Earthlink. I have created 3 folders in Outlook. I want mail from each account to go into the appropriate folder Inbox In Outlook/email accounts I select each account name and find the matching name in "deliver email to the following location", and click Finish. But next time I check, all accounts have switched to the last folder I entered Either it's not possible to do what I want to do, or I have done something wrong in the setup. I would appreciate any guidance towards my intent to keep mail from each account seperate from ...

Budget, Personal Finance, --- Standards
Hi- Does anyone know of a book or guide that would list standards and detailed information for personal financial accounting? I don't even know if such a book exists. For business, there are standards that apply. I am looking for information on what items should be classified as bills, expenses, debts - and how and when to realize them. I know there is 'basic budgeting' information available everywhere - but I am looking for something more advanced - (if it exists). Would studying the business accounting books help? or is there something for personal finance? Thanks! ...

Multiple folders -
Help! I installed Outlook 2000 an my pc which connects to my exchange 2000 server. I now have my inbox in the top left under my name and then again on the bottom under personal folders. New mail arrives in the top mail boX then moves slowly (after I ready the message) to the bottom inbox.... what hav I done? THANKS!!! Jay Make sure you've set the Exchange mailbox as your default delivery location. You can set this in your Accounts settings (Tools-> Services) -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, ...

Visio 2010
I made a simple diagram with seven lines with arrows leading from a box on the left of a drawing to seven stacked component boxes on the right. The six lines that were not horizontal worked, but the arrow at the end of the horizontal line points down instead of to the right. I finally gave up and finished the drawing in about five seconds on a Visio 2007 machine. I have been using Visio since Windows 3.1, but am not a power user. Any idea? The file is 45.5 kb and can be provided via email if it woukd help. Jim Williams, PMP Norfolk, VA ...