two personal file folders on OL2003 ?

I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003) and have a
problem.  In 2003 I have two personal file folders...it appears one is for
97-2002 OL version and the other for 2003 ?  I have only one pst file on the
laptop.

Also...both folders seem to be identical ? However...the little icon is
different

Where did the 2003 folder setup come from...and can I delete one or the
other.  When I have tried...it says you cannot delete the main mail folder ?

Thanks, Tim

0
trinaz1 (13)

http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/2dc654512866f47a?hl=de&

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Thanks, Tim

"Christian Goeller" <crg@despammed.com> wrote in message
> TimR, you  wrote on Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:45:10 -0700:
>
> > I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003) and have a
> > problem.  In 2003 I have two personal file folders...it appears one is
for
> > 97-2002 OL version and the other for 2003 ?  I have only one pst file on
the
> > laptop.
> >
> > Also...both folders seem to be identical ? However...the little icon is
> > different
> >
> > Where did the 2003 folder setup come from...and can I delete one or the
> > other.  When I have tried...it says you cannot delete the main mail
folder ?

http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/2dc654512866f47a?hl=de&

> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller

0
trinaz1 (13)
2/2/2006 7:59:28 PM
Not at all. Where did you see that?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"TimR" <trinaz@cox.net> wrote in message
> Are you saying that in OL2003 you have a Personal Folders (pst) file for
> each individual email account you have...unlike in OL2000 when you could
> have all email accounts in one Personal Folders pst file ?
>
> Thanks, Tim
>
> "Christian Goeller" <crg@despammed.com> wrote in message
>> TimR, you  wrote on Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:45:10 -0700:
>>
>> > I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003) and have a
>> > problem.  In 2003 I have two personal file folders...it appears one is
> for
>> > 97-2002 OL version and the other for 2003 ?  I have only one pst file
>> > on
> the
>> > laptop.
>> >
>> > Also...both folders seem to be identical ? However...the little icon is
>> > different
>> >
>> > Where did the 2003 folder setup come from...and can I delete one or the
>> > other.  When I have tried...it says you cannot delete the main mail
> folder ?
>>

> http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/2dc654512866f47a?hl=de&
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards
>> Christian Goeller

0
russval1 (2100)
2/2/2006 9:31:02 PM
On Chrsitians link...the isntructions say if "1" doesn't work...then:
If it does not help, please create a new profile

Control Panel | Mail | Show profiles

I run OL on both 2000 and XP..so when I checked the control panel/email on
2000...of course there were no profiles...only email accounts...I have now
checked the XP control panel/email...where here are profiles....deleted the
profile and created a new one...and the second PF is now gone in
OL2003...Thanks

Tim

> Not at all. Where did you see that?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "TimR" <trinaz@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Are you saying that in OL2003 you have a Personal Folders (pst) file for
> > each individual email account you have...unlike in OL2000 when you could
> > have all email accounts in one Personal Folders pst file ?
> >
> > Thanks, Tim
> >
> > "Christian Goeller" <crg@despammed.com> wrote in message

> > for
> > the

> > folder ?

http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/2dc654512866f47a?hl=de&

> >> --
> >> Best Regards
> >> Christian Goeller

0
trinaz1 (13)
2/3/2006 12:27:07 AM
I see nothing there that says anything about a PST file not being able to
support more than one email account.
Neither do you, right?
--
> On Chrsitians link...the isntructions say if "1" doesn't work...then:
> If it does not help, please create a new profile
>

> Control Panel | Mail | Show profiles
>
> I run OL on both 2000 and XP..so when I checked the control panel/email on
> 2000...of course there were no profiles...only email accounts...I have now
> checked the XP control panel/email...where here are profiles....deleted
> the
> profile and created a new one...and the second PF is now gone in
> OL2003...Thanks
>

> Tim
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Not at all. Where did you see that?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "TimR" <trinaz@cox.net> wrote in message
>> > Are you saying that in OL2003 you have a Personal Folders (pst) file
>> > for
>> > each individual email account you have...unlike in OL2000 when you
>> > could
>> > have all email accounts in one Personal Folders pst file ?
>> >
>> > Thanks, Tim
>> >
>> > "Christian Goeller" <crg@despammed.com> wrote in message

> is
>> > for
>> > the

> is

> the
>> > folder ?
>> >>

> http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/2dc654512866f47a?hl=de&

0
russval1 (2100)
2/3/2006 2:07:05 AM
TimR, you  wrote on Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:27:07 -0700:

> I run OL on both 2000 and XP..so when I checked the control panel/email on
> 2000...of course there were no profiles...only email accounts...

In Outlook 2000 this option is only available in workgroup-mode, but not
in internet-mode in that your OL 2000 apparently is configured.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

open two different Access reports

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...