Two identical sets of personal folders list, how to correct?

(Since I have swedish version of Outlook 2000, the terms might differ in
english)

I happend, a few days ago, when attemting to make a backup file of my
calender folder in Outlook 2000 create a second set of personal folder list.
All items seems to be of the same names and same sizes in the both sets.

I can�t get rid of it, Outlook does not permit it to be closed, since it
contains calendar, contacts and POP-mail box.

Outlook seems to work just OK, and the pst file has not grown in size, so
the data itself does not seem to have been duplicated.

Should I try to correct this, and if so, how?

Regards

Lasse Lind

Here is a way that you might be able to correct this problem:
1. In Outlook right Click on the Personal Folder File and Click Properties.
2. Click on Advanced.
3. Write down the location of the Personal Folder File listed in the
"Filename:" field. (This will be used in step 10)
4. Close Outlook.
5. Go to Start -> Control Panel and Double Click the Mail icon.
6. Select your Profile and Click Properties.
7. Remove any Personal Folder Files (.pst) that are listed.
8. On the Services tab, click Add.
9. In the Available Information Services list, click Personal Folders, and
then click OK.
10. In Create/Open Personal Folders File browse to the Personal Folders
File(.pst) , and then click Open.
11. In Create Microsoft Personal Folders you may change the name that will
be listed in Outlook for this Personal Folders file, and click OK, OK, and
then click Close.

I hope this information is helpful.

Robert Findlay
Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

--------------------
>From: "Lasse Lind" <llind.lasse@telia_.com>
>Subject: Two identical sets of personal folders list, how to correct?
>Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:38:42 +0100
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>(Since I have swedish version of Outlook 2000, the terms might differ in
>english)
>
>I happend, a few days ago, when attemting to make a backup file of my
>calender folder in Outlook 2000 create a second set of personal folder
list.
>All items seems to be of the same names and same sizes in the both sets.
>
>I can�t get rid of it, Outlook does not permit it to be closed, since it
>contains calendar, contacts and POP-mail box.
>
>Outlook seems to work just OK, and the pst file has not grown in size, so
>the data itself does not seem to have been duplicated.
>

>Should I try to correct this, and if so, how?
>

>Regards
>
>Lasse Lind

0
RFINDLAY (147)

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

multiple email identities

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

set print area #2

Outlook 2003

Macros not performing correctly
I recorded a macro to place a vlookup formula in four cells that are side by side. When I run the macro it only performs the first task, it does not go on to do the other three. I used the tab key to go to the next cell while recording the macro, I don't know if that's why it's not working or if it's something else. The script looks like this: Sub EERates() ' ' EERates Macro ' Macro recorded 3/4/2005 by BCBSOK ' ' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],Sheet1!R3C1:R102C2,2,0)" Range("F15").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

volume settings
I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have to turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control for the computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another way to increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious. Thank you! Jo-Anne "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:hv0sv3$71o$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I've taken t...