Two Copies of Personal Folders Please Help!

I just transfered all of my email from my old computer to my new one and I
just noticed that I have two identical copies of my personal folders in
Outlook 2003.  If I do something to one of them, it happens to both of them.

How can I get rid of one of the copies of my personal folders?

Also, I don't like the favorites folder.  Can I hide or remove it?

Thanks.

Shannon

0
shanbrad (17)

you can edit the registry, but it'll be easier to make a new profile.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm

No, you can't hide Favorite folders. Try Ctrl+6 to use the old folder list
view.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I just transfered all of my email from my old computer to my new one and I
>just noticed that I have two identical copies of my personal folders in
>Outlook 2003.  If I do something to one of them, it happens to both of
>them.
>
> How can I get rid of one of the copies of my personal folders?
>
> Also, I don't like the favorites folder.  Can I hide or remove it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shannon

0
msnews1660 (730)
8/15/2005 3:37:34 AM
Won't making a new profile mean I'll lose all of my old email?

If it won't get rid of my old contacts/email, how do I go about making a new
profile?

Thanks for the help!

Shannon

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> you can edit the registry, but it'll be easier to make a new profile.
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm
>
> No, you can't hide Favorite folders. Try Ctrl+6 to use the old folder list
> view.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>I just transfered all of my email from my old computer to my new one and I
>>just noticed that I have two identical copies of my personal folders in
>>Outlook 2003.  If I do something to one of them, it happens to both of
>>them.
>>
>> How can I get rid of one of the copies of my personal folders?
>>
>> Also, I don't like the favorites folder.  Can I hide or remove it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Shannon

0
shanbrad (17)
8/15/2005 6:02:43 PM
You can reuse the old pst.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm

--

> Won't making a new profile mean I'll lose all of my old email?
>
> If it won't get rid of my old contacts/email, how do I go about making a
> new profile?
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Shannon
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> you can edit the registry, but it'll be easier to make a new profile.
>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm
>>
>> No, you can't hide Favorite folders. Try Ctrl+6 to use the old folder
>> list view.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>>I just transfered all of my email from my old computer to my new one and
>>>I just noticed that I have two identical copies of my personal folders in
>>>Outlook 2003.  If I do something to one of them, it happens to both of
>>>them.
>>>
>>> How can I get rid of one of the copies of my personal folders?
>>>
>>> Also, I don't like the favorites folder.  Can I hide or remove it?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Shannon

0
msnews1660 (730)
8/17/2005 2:42:58 AM
I tried both of the things mentioned at the links below but they didn't work
fully.  They did create a new profile but all of my old email was GONE.  How
do I get it back and in the folders I had it in before?

Thanks for your help.

> You can reuse the old pst.
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> Won't making a new profile mean I'll lose all of my old email?
>>
>> If it won't get rid of my old contacts/email, how do I go about making a
>> new profile?
>>
>> Thanks for the help!
>>
>> Shannon
>>

>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> you can edit the registry, but it'll be easier to make a new profile.
>>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm
>>>
>>> No, you can't hide Favorite folders. Try Ctrl+6 to use the old folder
>>> list view.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>>

>>> "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message

0
shanbrad (17)
8/21/2005 9:08:05 PM
You need to add your old pst to your profile and set it as default.

>I tried both of the things mentioned at the links below but they didn't
>work fully.  They did create a new profile but all of my old email was
>GONE.  How do I get it back and in the folders I had it in before?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Shannon
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> You can reuse the old pst.
>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm
>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>> Won't making a new profile mean I'll lose all of my old email?
>>>
>>> If it won't get rid of my old contacts/email, how do I go about making a
>>> new profile?
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help!
>>>
>>> Shannon
>>>

>>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:eMNEuqUoFHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

0
msnews1660 (730)
8/21/2005 10:39:57 PM
Thanks I figured that part out finally.  I had to choose my Outlook.pst, not
my personal.pst.  However this takes me back to my original problem.  By
following these directions I still have to copies of my "personal folders"
which was my original problem.  My old email is now included in the lower
copy of "personal folders" with only the new email at the top version of
"personal folders".

Any idea how to get rid of the top one?

Thanks again for your help.

> You need to add your old pst to your profile and set it as default.
>
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>I tried both of the things mentioned at the links below but they didn't
>>work fully.  They did create a new profile but all of my old email was
>>GONE.  How do I get it back and in the folders I had it in before?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Shannon
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You can reuse the old pst.
>>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm
>>> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/connect_pst.htm
>>>

>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>>

>>> "Shannon Bradford" <shanbrad@pacbell.net> wrote in message

0
shanbrad (17)

How to compare two column of data and sort them out according
Hi, I have this problem, What i have on hand is two column of data containing part number of two different devices. What i am trying to do is to compare this two column and find out all the part number that is common to both device and also which part number is unique. And organise and display this in excel. Anyone know any way to accomplish it please help. -- kuansheng ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kuansheng's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Help
In the last three days, I have unable to download attachments. Previously I had no problem. When I attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called File Conversion filled with ASCII characters. Need info on how to correct this. It sounds as if these attachments are defaulting to Microsoft Word to open. What types of files are these? What are the file extensions? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Manville" <bjmanville@sbcglobal.net&g...

help help remote login
i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i don't know how to get in to do simple things like delete the bad mail folder ect.. or access simple files. if some one could guide me the right way or help it would be muc appriciated. thanks tony Have you considered remote desktop? Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E47D75F-8825-4766-A4B1-49573815A158@microsoft.com... >i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i > don't know how to get in to do simple things like dele...

Query using two separate query totals
I'm trying to create a query using a table of user information and two separate queries with totaled hours over a period of time. Each separate query has a total number of hours used between a start date and end date. It is possible that a user can use hours from either query. I would like to be able to have the totals information from each hours query sorted by the contact's last name. I so far have the contact's Name, the total hours from one query, and the total hours from another query. When I run the query, it shows the information from the first query and c...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

Location of Tasks public folder
We use a public folder to manage tasks on a network running Win2000. Does anyone know the actual location of this folder, ie; where does Outlook normally store these folders ? The reason I need to know is that I am using a program called Mighty Sync which has the ability to synchronise any file or folder with my PDA. I have admin rights. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ All public folders are stored on the Exchange server in a publics folders mail store....

Folder Creation slow in Exchange 2003
Hi, I just got through an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration, and am working out the kinks. One thing I noticed, when I create a folder in Outlook (i.e. task list, contacts, calendar, etc.) it takes like 4 minutes to add it. Using Exchange 5.5, it was pretty much immediate. Any ideas? I do still have the 5.5 server in the organization, but it's shutdown. Could this have an impact? Thanks, Troy ...

multiple copies of mail
Hi! After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook 2000). Any ideas where to start looking? Tommy "tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%235CQZ6mwDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of > mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook > 2000). > > Any ideas where to start looking? > > Tommy > > If you get as ...

automated copy & paste
hello again, i'm trying to get this to work:- A1 = date ( changeable ) A2 = £ ( changeable ) B1 to B100 ( if B1 has £ in it move to next cell down without over righting previous cell) B100 could be greater , just depends on how much data i collect. up to now i can only get data by copy and pasting information from A2 and placing it in the next empty available cell in B. i've tryed using the date but all cells then change to the current contents of A2 and really want previous contants to remain untouched. Thanks inadvance What you wrote is very difficult to follow. You ...

Losing Mailbox Folder Permissions during migration
Hello. We are in the process of migrating users from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and we are seeing a problem with permissions on individual folders getting migrated properly. The problem is as follows. After a mailbox has been moved to E2K3 (using Move Mailbox Wizard) anyone that use to be able to view one or more folders in that mailbox is no longer able to. This applies to both users still hosted on the old Exch 5.5 boxes as well as the users now hosted on Exch 2003 boxes. The error that the users are getting when they try to view a shared folder in a mailbox that has been mig...

This Item is a copy of ...
Folks, Saw something completely new to me today. Working with a client and on their SharePoint site there is a document that has a notice highlighted in yellow: ! This item is a copy of http://www.mysharepointsite/clients/abc/example.doc Then there is a link back to source. It points to completely differnt SharePoint server which they access via the internet. How did this get there? They have no recollection. How does SharePoint remember this a link back to a source? Is this a "Send to, Other Location? -- --rms www.rmschneider.com Answering my...

getting filenames from a folder
hi i am working in MFC Dialog based application. I have the path of a folder in a char array.i want to store all the filenams in that folder(includng the path of each file) in a CStringArray. priya hi please look into this MSDN article. "Battling Backup Anxiety with Win32" Eric Bergman-Terrell there is an example code for FindFirstFile, FindNextFile & FindCloseFile API's hope that helps. sreeram "priya" <priya@transversalnet.com> wrote in message news:068b01c343b6$04b622a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi > i am working in MFC Dialog based application...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise / Public Folder Store
Hello, I have the following configuration: - Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 - 2 OU with users - each OU has it's own GAL, AL and OAB I created two public folder stores for each OU and to give each OU access to a public folder store. But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. Additionaly I try to replicate one OAB to the additional Public Folder Store. Thanks in advance. Cheers Fabian "But I even can't my additional Public Folder Store in Outlook. " You want to clarify that? "Fabian K�lling" <FabianKlling@dis...

copy value in cell above to cell below for a whole column
I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists the employee name once. There is a way to copy the value of the cell above to the cell below. I can get as far as highlighting the blank cells with the Go To function, then I can not remember the steps to tell excel to copy the data into the blank cells. Can anyone help? Ctrl+D will copydown the value of the top cell to the highlighted cells below. "tarthur" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists > the employee name once. There is a way to copy th...

help
how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 A single card? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "notoes" <notoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09072BB4-4BB5-45E1-973A-32D0538D4999@microsoft.com... > how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 must have a big wallet to keep them in -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote i...

HELP!!!!!!!
Hello! I'm doing a sheet at work and I'm having some problems, I need your help! Whay I have is a sheet with some columns and rows. - 1: Can I put "filters" on SOME columns only? I can put filter with auto-filter to all columns, but it makes no sense... How to put on SOME only? - 2: Can I auto create a book when inserting some data on a cell (write down something on a blank cell)? use the same name as text written on cell? - 3: Complete some cells auto from specific cells on other sheet (file) of excel? - 4: Hide some columns so some users on a Domain don't see......

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

Help: how to print fill pattern well in any printers
As we know, for display, we can call CreatePatternBrush() to create a 8pixel * 8pixel to fill a region. It is perfect for display in the display device and some printers. But In some high-res printer, the fill pattern is printed as gray. (the fill pattern is printed so densy that it looks like a solid gray block, for example, some HP printers and Acrobat PDF printer). I have tried a bigger bitmap brush according to the printer device's resolution. But It is still bad for some printers. Any suggestion is appreciated. Is there any way that is suitable for any printers? ...

Leave A Copy Of Messages On The Server
My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in both Outlook Express 6 nor Outlook 2003. Can anyone answer why he doesn't have this function and how to change it? He has to go into our on-line email server and delete his old messages manually. Raymund <Raymund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy > of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. What type of account? -- ...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

Personal.Xls #3
Hi There, I changed some code in a macro inside my Personal.xls file and saved it. Now when I try to run the macro I get an error message saying that a file called Personal.xls is already open and I can not open another. What have I done wrong? Thanks for your help, Steve Wilson. It's OK I have sorted this out. I saved Personal.xls to another drive and when I opened Excel it loaded Personal.xls from the XLStart Dir as usual but when I clicked on my macro button in the toolbar it was pointing to the macro in personal.xls on the other drive. All the best, Steve Wilson. "Alway...

"Duplicate" Personal.xls
I save all my macros in the Personal.xls document. Today,when trying to run a macro, I get the message: "A document with the name PERSONAL .XLS is already open. You canno open to two documents with the same name, even if the documents are i different folders. To open the second document, either close th document thats currently open, or rename one of the documents" What do I do, as there is only one Personal.xls document in it' original folder, hidden. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com However you started that macro, a toolbutton perhaps, has a differe...

How do I preset data to auto copy to a certain page
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

Forwarding from personal folder
Error "objects not found" Recieving this error when forwarding multiple items from personal folder. Able to forward one at a time but no more than that. Any assistance provided would be greeatly appreciated. Duane duane.stygar@kellogg.com ...

Help with RecordSetClone
Hello, this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field on a continuous form and update the field. I have looked at other examples on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext. With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form! [Age]...