two contact folders #2

In my outlook 2003, I maintained two contact folders. One of them is my
personal one, the other is a shared one residing in a public folder
(Exchange).

What I would like to attain is that whenever I create a contact in my
personal contact folder, this gets automatically created or copied also in
the other shared contact folder.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Gianluca Bosco

0
na2015 (5)

De�r Gianluca,

this is not possible by default. Maybe a 3rd party synchronization software
can support this:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Gianluca Bosco" <na@na.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In my outlook 2003, I maintained two contact folders. One of them is my
> personal one, the other is a shared one residing in a public folder
> (Exchange).
>
> What I would like to attain is that whenever I create a contact in my
> personal contact folder, this gets automatically created or copied also in
> the other shared contact folder.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gianluca Bosco

0
trash9558 (70)

RMS 2.0 Implementation Guide
Are there any RMS 2.0 Implementation Guides? I have ones for 1.2 and 1.3 but cant find one for version 2.0 ...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Using same SSRS installation to support two different CRM installs
We are implementing a second instance of CRM 4.0. It is for a different business so CRM will be installed on a different server than our current instance. Multihoming is not an option. In our current implementation our Reporting Services installation is on a different box than CRM. We would like to use the same SSRS server for reports for the new CRM installation. Is this possible? Our Reporting SErvices server is on a different machine also. -- Leo That should work just fine aslong as the organization names are different. Otherwise both instances will try to use the same folder...

Need to import contacts but only allow certain groups access
Hi, Just wondering what the best practice is for storing external contacts I've imported, that I only want certain groups to be able to access. I guess I could create a public folder, but since these are slowly being withdrawn, maybe not? I'm currently considering adding the contacts to a particular OU, then creating an address book which filters for a property set on the contacts. I'd then propose setting the appropriate NTFS permissions on those contacts. Any suggestions appreciated. > I'm currently considering adding the contacts to a particular OU, then > c...

Upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0
My RMS reseller upgraded me from 1.2 to 2.0. After doing so, none of my matrices work due to the fact that attributes and codes are not in the matrix dimensions. I have lost all customer purchase history, but I do have the totals they spent. I have lost all my purchase orders. They installed SQL express. I can not connect to either of my stores through HQ. Am I with the wrong reseller? Can someone help? Ouch- That has got to hurt- If I lost that Data, I would want to strangle someone. "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDEE3830-4C03-4778-...

Public folders in Active directory
Due to a corrupt Pub1.edb I have deleted the bad edb and stm file and created new blank files. My next step will be to re-create the public folder structure but before I do that I need to know how AD treats public folders and if I should manual delete the public folders in AD before I start re-creating folders in the new public folders On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:07:02 -0800, RP in the Midwest <RPintheMidwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Due to a corrupt Pub1.edb I have deleted the bad edb and stm file and created >new blank files. My next step will be to re-create the pu...

CRM E-mail in Draft Folder
When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder in Outlook. The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients are receiving the e-mail. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks. We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after 15minutes, and it has solved my issue. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks. I'll try it. "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > We had this issue a...

GL Year End Closing #2
After we ran the GL year end close the Year End Closing Report does not balance. Also the retained earnings amount is incorrect. I checked and all of the P&L accounts have a beginning balance of zero. Has anyone run into this and how can I find what accounts are off and correct them? -- Ladd Sustar Ladd, Have you checked your GL Trial Balance for the new year to see if it balances and the correct RE balance is reflected? If it does, maybe there's a problem with the Year End Closing Report itself. If your new GLTB doesn't balance the first thing I would do is start compar...

personal folder #3
for some reason I have 2 personal folder that loads the same items folder and emails. Its a duplicate and I can not get rid of either of them, close or delete. does anyoen know how to change this? If you're using a version of Outlook that supports mail profiles, the easiest way to fix this problem is to create a new mail profile from scratch, attach your good .PST file to it, and delete the old profile. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say &...

DATE Formulas #2
Hello, I wrote last time: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the MONTH. I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2). Thanks for those who helped. Now: I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get paid Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the month. In other words for the week and Month calculations it must be going forward from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past. If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. What formula can I use to accomplish this...

OE blocks attachments #2
I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? And what is OE ?? Thanks for helping. "Christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b2eb01c43727$c1ff1af0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove > acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its > not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? Tools-Options-Security for the 150,000th time. Did you not do ANY research AT ALL before ...

Public folder administration issue(s)
I just started working in an environment which has the following issue(s). The overall problem is that I can't administer permissions on Public Folders in a Exchange 2000 environment. The public folders are accessible for viewing and adding items, et Characteristics are as follows From Outlook clients, no permissions tab is available when right-clicking on a public folder and selecting properties In ESM when in the Folders container under the Administrative Group I try to expand the Public Folders folder and receive the following error "The connection was refused. Ensure that your HT...

Business Fax is also in my contact list
When I try to send out a mass e-mail to my suppliers, I get their business fax in my contact list. Is there any way to deactivate this. Thanks for any help. ...

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

Editing contacts in card view
In Outlook 2003, is there a way to preventing editing contacts in CARD or DETAILED CARD view? Thanks -Lenox "Lenox" <Lenox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:532BAB51-C8C0-4A47-9CF9-25EC5ECCEA0D@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2003, is there a way to preventing editing contacts in CARD or > DETAILED CARD view? If you can edit them from one view, you can edit them from any view. If the contacts belong to the person who wishes to edit, you cannot prevent them from being able to edit. If the contacts are in a shared folder, you can preven...

Constantly Synchronising Folders
Outlook seem sto be constantly synchronising folders and this appears to be blocking any larger e-mail attachments from being sent. Advice from the on-line Microsoft suggests disabling the sychronising filter under the synchronising tab under the righ click / properties drop down menu. I do not get the synchroising tab on these menus. I only get "General/ Home Page / Auto Archive / Administartion / Forms". I ahve asked professional advice but no one seems to be able ot help. My ISP allows up to 10MB to be sent. I am connected successfully to broadband. There is nothing in a...

Vlookup? #2
Can I use VLOOKUP to look up data in a data base and total multiple values associated with the lookup number in a range? Example: Database # $ 700 $325. 650 $225. 310 $110. 700 $500. 115 $475. 700 $125 Result #700= $950 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Vlookup is not the tool to use here. Try using SUMIF, it will fit the task nicely. (Also look at COUNTIF, DSUM for similar functions) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As Kieran says, try SUMIF instead of VLOOKUP Here's some steps to ease you-in on using ...

Instalation of CRM on two place
Hello Our company got project for CRM 3.0 and we will install in next week. Our consulent demands that i must installed same crm at one of our local computer because they will work localy then export the changes and import at customer CRM server. My question is If i installed CRM at customer's network AD and take backup for SQL databases and restore thats on the local Server and connect to CRM or must install new CRM with same Lisence? Help me. Consulent wants same invirment as our customer has for CRM. -- Maikal You can't simply take a backup of a database and restore it i...

how do i merge 2 rows of data into one
I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. Hi you may provide some more details how your data is structured and how you want to combine it -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "willid" <willid@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:14D9237F-69DA-4696-AC15-38585C65B28E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row > which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. You can't merge data without losing parts ...

Address Book missing CONTACTS & OAB
At work we use Exchange at work, and on one of my Co-Workers Computer, (his Profile, not really computer) in his Address Book he is missing CONTACTS & OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK, ( While mine is just fine) he was missing PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK, but I was able to ADD it. ( We have a Global Address Book that we use for the Company ) Is there a way to atleast add CONTACTS, since the OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK is useless ( at least I think the OAB is ) Thanks No one uses a PAB anymore. Why can't you add the OAB to the profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "XP User" <my_email@is_p...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Please quote.dot for 1.2 its really urgent

catch the incoming message event on a public folder
Hello, Is it possible to catch the incoming message event when a new message arrives into a public folder, and run an external exe file? Thanks. ...

missing contacts after uninstalling Outlook 2003
I recently evaluated a copy of the new outlook 2003 with business contact manager. Before that I was using outlook 2002. I had a contacts category called business which was ported over the business contact manager application. after deciding that we did not need outlook 2003, we uninstalled it and went back to outlook 2002. Now we cant find all our business contacts. how do we get them back? there are files on my pc with mdf and ldf extensions... ...

Public and system folder migration
hi I have a small single site, i introduced 2003 exchange server and moved mailboxes over to 2003 , similarly created a relica on the new exchange 2003 server. WHich other system folders do i have to move over or replicated over to 2003 server, before i could decommision the exchnage 5.5 server. thanks Hello Please peruse the following KB Articles: 822450 How to remove the last Exchange Server 5.5 computer from an Exchange : http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822450 327779 How To Convert from Mixed Mode to Native Mode in Exchange : http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327779 Regards -- ...