turning off single click editing

Hi all

Using Outlook 2002, I'm pretty sure there's a way to turn off
single-click editing - in the Contacts window, say, but I'm darned if I
can remember.

Any ideas?

0
zac.carey (13)

strawberry wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Using Outlook 2002, I'm pretty sure there's a way to turn off
> single-click editing - in the Contacts window, say, but I'm darned if I
> can remember.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, in case anyone else ever needs to know:

View --> Current View... --> Customize Current View --> Other Settings
--> Rows --> allow in-cell editing

Hooray!

0
zac.carey (13)

Right Mouse Click Calculation Feature
Hello, At work I am able to right-click down at the right bottom of my Excel screen and see the sum of a range of numbers. I cannot figure out how to activate this feature on my home computer. Can anyone help me? Thanks, John Go 'View' on the Toolbar on the top left, 'Toolbars' , Check 'Status Bar' Regards, "John M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185201c4a413$5c0ce7a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > At work I am able to right-click down at the right bottom > of my Excel screen and see the sum of a range ...

Editing third party templates
I am using a template that was created by a manufactuer. This template uses several background drawings. When I print the drawings the last line gets chopped off. I need to edit the background drawing & move it over 1/4". When I try to edit the background drawing I cannot hilight any of the objects. This background drawing has speical functions built into it so I have to use it. Can anyone tell me how I can edit this background drawing? Thank You Larry Tuttle 623-516-0058 The shapes or the page might be protected. Click on the shapes or page and select Window \ Show Shapeshe...

RPC-http using single server
I'm trying to follow the instructions in the MS paper "Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios" to configure my Exchange 2003 Enterprise server to use RPC over HTTP in a single server installation. I don't have "RPC-HTTP" tab in my server properties dialog in ESM! I thought everything was ready up to this point, but I've obviously missed something. Any ideas? TIA, Bob D'oh! In "networking services" of Windows setup of the Exchange server, RPC proxy wasn't installed by default... "Bob" wrote: > I'm trying...

Not able to add or edit records from an input form.
Hi, I have an MS Access input form that is based on a query that is based on a table called Training. The Training table is actually an SQL Server table that is linked. There are three fields in the table: ID (The primary key), CustomerName and TrainingDate. I added three records into the table using SQL Server Enterprise Manager and can add more. However, I can't add them using my access form. I can view them but cannot add. I can't edit them either. What setting do I make to allow edit and adding to occur? I posted this question in the sql server forum and was ...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit
This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check numbers in a single deposit? The deposit consists of a couple checks from my primary checking account which I'm depositing, along with some cash, as a single deposit transcation in a different checking account. Using MS Money Deluxe 2003. - sph In microsoft.public.money, hodgdon wrote: >This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I >can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check >numbers in a single deposit? > >The deposit consist...

Excel problem with editing in a PowerPoint Presentation
I'm not sure which discussion group this applies to, so I'm posting it in both Excel and PowerPoint. I am using Office 2003 and I just started having problems with any Excel workbooks embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It is a bit difficult to describe but I'll give it my best shot. Whenever I double-click an Excel object to edit the data, it opens up like normal and gives me all of the MS Excel options I normally get. But what is very VERY strange is that when I try to select a single cell (or row/column), it will take me into the MS Excel program and not...

automating data copy from dynamic invoice to single spreadsheet
Hi - I am a newbie vis-a-vis VBA. I am trying to copy data off of an invoice (that keeps changing every day) to a single spreadsheet. So far, I have used the following code: Sub CopyCells() Dim rngData As Range, rngDest As Range Dim i, j As Integer Set rngData = Sheets("Invoice").Range("A16:g35") Set rngDest = Sheets("InvData").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0) For i = 1 To rngData.Rows.Count If rngData.Cells(i, 1) <> "" Then rngDest.Offset(j, 0).Value = Sheets("Invoice")....

How can I print an 11x17 page on a single 8 1/2 x 11 page?
I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some method I can use to reduce the 11/17 image to 81/2x11. John W. <John W.@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on > 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a > smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some > method I can...

Turn off Clipboard pop up window
How do I turn off the Excel pop up window for the clipboard? I found the instructions for the Office Clipboard in xl's help by searching for Clipboard, then I could see this topic: Turn Office Clipboard command options on or off ==== Edit|Office clipboard There's an options button at the bottom. susan_baldwin@ghrsystems.com wrote: > > How do I turn off the Excel pop up window for the > clipboard? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

editing budgets from a managed scheduled deposit
I have added my salary into the 'managed scheduled deposit' section giving details as 'every other week'. The budget, however, under the heading of 'review your current budget status' shows double the actuals amount. (That is the budget shows an incorrect amount compared to the actuals forecasted in the scheduled deposit page). If I select "Wages and Salary : Gross Pay" and click on 'edit item' at the bottom of the page, the pop-up window asks me what to edit. When I click on the the down arrow, the salary account shows three transaction re...

Single Instant Store Ratio
Hey Group, This is more of a what-does-it-mean scenario. I was reading an Exchange book by Jim McBee and reading something on SIS. Now Jim says he has never seen a SIS ration above 5.0 because in most instances the e-mails are being sent externally so there is less SIS going on. Now I immediately went and checked my SIS ratio and it is at the time of writing this 48.026. Now my company is a marketing company and there is a lot of documents being passed back and forth for check and recheck and double recheck. Even though we have an intranet, you have persons who just insist on e-maili...

Graceful Method Of Making Single Record Non-Editable?
I've got a continuous list subform. One of the rows is identified by !IsBuyDependent=True. I want this row, but none of the others tb non-editable. My best shot so far is: -------------------------------------- Private Sub txtResetDate_Enter() With Me If .txtIsBuyDependent = True Then Beep .txtDummy.SetFocus End If End With End Sub ------------------------------------- Where .txtDummy is an unbound field with .BackStyle and .BorderStyle = Transparent; ..TabStop=False - sitting over top of a percent label on the same line. Screen snap at http://tinyurl.com/37m...

Can I protect cell numbering format ($) but allow editing?
Can I protect a cell's numbering format so that the cell can be edited but the $ cannot be changed? Hi no, not possible AFAIK with Excel's protection function. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deb22" <Deb22@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DC64EFAD-1D28-44C6-A54F-DA96E286CD4C@microsoft.com... > Can I protect a cell's numbering format so that the cell can be edited but > the $ cannot be changed? Thank you for your answer. I spent two years in Aschaffenbury, Germany with the U.S. Army in the early 70's. I loved Ge...

Can i turn off the debug side of Excel?
I am opening a password protected Excel file from a button assigned with a macro. However, when i press the button all works fine, the password box appears for the file. if i enter the pass the file opens fine. The problem occurs if i cancel the password request. The "debug" box appears and then goes into editor mode. I do not want this to happen as it presents users with an opportunity to hack away at the code!!!! Can I stop this from happening? if so, could somebody please explain how to go about it, in laymans terms.... :) thanks in advance, You can protect your code withi...

Which edition contains excel, Does Microsoft Home? Thanks
Excel comes with MS Office Suite or as a standalone application. Excel or Office Suite is not included with any Windows Operating System See this site for Office Suite comparisons. http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:02:03 -0800, "vintage" <vintage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Can't edit posted messages in public folders
I have public folders on an Exchange 2003 server. I am the Domain Admin and have set the Public Folder in question to give all rights to Domain Admin's. However, even though I can post and delete notes to the folder, I can't edit them! Why not? Thanks for help in advance, Tom "Tom Edelbrok" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote: >I have public folders on an Exchange 2003 server. I am the Domain Admin and >have set the Public Folder in question to give all rights to Domain Admin's. How did you do that? >However, even though I can post and delete note...

Restore a single mailbox from tape in Exchange 2003
Hi Guys, I have the backup of our priv.edb on tape. But I need to restore a single mailbox. How do I achieve this without restoring the entire content of the tape drive. Any ideas. Your help will be appreciated. We run Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 SP1 Regards, -- Buchi Hi Buchi Assuming you did not perform a brick level backup, you will not be able to do this without restoring the whole Store, you can create a Recovery Storage Group and restore it there, and you will then be able to recovery the mailbox. Here is a link with more information about using the Recove...

Why is my DB always crashing when clicking the dropdown on ComboBo
I have a split Access 2003 Database. I have some people accessing the front end db from 80 miles away via a 1GB WAN Link and other people about 100 feet away from the server that is housing the db. For some reason and only some times, when they click on the drop down of a certain combobox it crashes the DB, asks if they want to send a report to Microsoft or End the Program. Then they have to re-open the db and try it all over again until it works. Would you have any idea why this is happening? If so could you help me fix this issue? Possible Clues Most of the Combobox'...

Outlook 2007 "Allow In-cell Editing" not persisting
Good day, everyone! In Outlook 2007, I have a Search folder setup for all the emails in my Inbox & Sent folders in Conversation view. In Conversation view (and possibly other views), when changing folders and then back to this Conversation folder, the "Allow In-Cell Editing" does not persist. It goes without saying that, if I have to exit and then restart Outlook, the option does not persist. Is there anything I can do that will make this option persist, registry editing, programatically or otherwise? Thanks SO much for your help -Kevin Try copying the view and us...

Turn off "alerts" to save/delete tables
Hi, I am trying to run a Macro that runs 3 queries. In the process tables are being deleted/created and there are a lot of prompts to save/delete etc... I just want to turn these off. I got some advice but was having a few issues implementing them. Here is where I am so far. In the Macro - I tried to turn off the alerts at the beginning and then turn them on again. OpenModule: OpenQuery: OpenQuery: OpenQuery: OpenModule: End of macro... In OpenModule: ModuleName = Module1 Procedure = SetOff In Module1 I have ////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Option Compare Da...

Clicked a .prf. file and woosh
Help! I accidentally clicked on a file with a .prf extension (some utility that keeps it preferences stored in such a file). To my surprise this not only started Outlook but also triggered some Outlook installation dialog. When I clicked that away I ended up with a completely new and empty Outlook! At first I was flabberghasted, since ALL my mails, my calendar entries, contacts, etc. EVERYTHING seemed gone! When I just doublechecked I saw, that this thing apparently created a new Outlook1.pst file which seems to be used as the new default. It seems that my old file "Outlook.pst&q...

Outlook 2000 shuts down when I click on customize
When I click on customize under Tools my outlook 2000 closes. Does anyone have reason why this happens and how to stop this action. test "Ivan T" <ivant@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:S_WdnfyKUPMOFLbdRVn-jQ@adelphia.com... > When I click on customize under Tools my outlook 2000 closes. Does anyone > have reason why this happens and how to stop this action. > > ...

CRM has too many clicks for almost every task.
Initial feedback from new users after 3 weeks in the system is that the Service module requires entirely too much clicking to accomplish: opening a case, putting a service activity against that case, closing the service activity, and then resolving the case. For our service organization, most of the time this sequence takes longer than actually doing the work the case is recording. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the mess...

Money Small Business Edition question
I am trying to figure out if I want money to manage my personal finances as well as I want to use it for my small business - Do I need 2 versions or can the small business edition handle my small business AND my personal finances and still keep things separate? nsusa2005 wrote: > I am trying to figure out if I want money to manage my personal > finances as well as I want to use it for my small business - Do I > need 2 versions or can the small business edition handle my small > business AND my personal finances and still keep things separate? You only need one version. Th...