Turn Outlook off

I will be gone for 4 months. How can I turn my email off
while I'm gone.
0
anonymous (74722)

On Thu, 6 May 2004 14:33:48 -0700, "Bonnie"

>I will be gone for 4 months. How can I turn my email off
>while I'm gone.

assuming you mean you don't want your in-box flooded with e-mail while
you are gone, you should contact whoever hosts your e-mail address and
see what their procedures are.

rich
0
me3738 (54)

MS- Outlook 2000 not responding
Pls My Outlook is hanging repeatedly. how can I resolve this. Does it hang at any particular point (collecting mail, closing, opening, etc)? "BAbajide Fadairo" <pappyjay_5@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01a601c3aa89$a1870dd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Pls My Outlook is hanging repeatedly. > how can I resolve this. ...

Out of Office message in outlook
How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? All the help seems to apply to exchange. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 "GC" <gcami@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5zhpWgvKHA.1964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? > All the help seems to apply to exchange. > Thank you GC "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:%233jqt7gvKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 > > &q...

Outlook Web Access Eroor?
This is the message I receive when sending a message from OWA with Exchange 5.5. I can send from the workstation just fine, but as soon as I try from Web Access, I get this error. Any suggestions. > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > To: 'keith@test.com' > Subject: TEST OWA > Sent: 3/10/2005 4:00:28 PM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'keith@test.com' on 3/10/2005 4:00 PM > > The recipient name is not recognized > The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Test &g...

Outlook will not stay open
Outlook 2000 will not stay open when I launch the app. It will open up, download messages, and then close. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Disable Outlook Security Check on Add-in
Is there a way to disable the warning message in outlook when an application tries to send mail through exchange? Is this something I can disable on my exchange 5.5 server? I've only found solutions for Exchange 2003? Thanks B-Dog wrote: > Is there a way to disable the warning message in outlook when an > application tries to send mail through exchange? Is this something I > can disable on my exchange 5.5 server? I've only found solutions for > Exchange 2003? Thanks Tis isn't really an Exchange issue - best to post in microsoft.public.outlook. But can you cont...

Can't Customize "Outlook Today"
I have Outlook 2000 from the Office 2000 Professional software. i can pull up the Outlook Today window, but when I click on "Customize Outlook Today" to the left in the toolbar, nothing happens. I would like to make Outlook my startup page when I first log on the computer as well as change the appearance of my Outlook Today window. This is driving me crazy since I've been able to use this feature on other computers (but not with exactly the same software). Can anyone give me a clue as to how to enable this stupid little button? Thanks. i said the "customize Ou...

Outlook 2003/Lotus Notes Issue
Hi All, I have been having this outgoing problem with receiving emails from Lotus Notes. It seems to only be a problem when I got replies from a Lotus Notes system. When I open up the reply, the only think I see in Outlook 2003 is my original message and nothing else. I have tried changing the format to HTML, Rich Text, Text, etc and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks, FF Are you using Outlook Connector for Domino? "frequent_flyer" <frequent_flyer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:4044e78c$0$63376$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com... > Hi All, > > I have been...

cant turn off navigation pane access 2007..
I uncheck the start-up option in Access 2007 to Display Navigation Pane, then close and re-open, and Pane is still there. The box is still unchecked when I go back into, and I'm not running any other start-up code, etc... any ideas? thx! It sounds like you have followed the same steps outlined here: http://accessjunkie.com/faq_37.aspx My only guess is that your database has some slight corruption, so this property setting is not being saved correctly. Try creating a new Access database and importing all objects into it. I give explicit instructions, for Access 2003 and earlier...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

OUtlook, embarrassing high Memory Usage
My exwife had a new computer, new XP, new Office 2007, but after closing outlook, a message 'out of virtual memory' came up. I thought that installing 1 GYG would be OK. But on another computer, with 383 MB ram, it gets worse. Outlook starts reserving 1.5 GYG ram, so windows begins to swap. Closing outlook takes on that laptop nearly 10 minutes! See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101668651033.aspx#3 - using = Outlook on an underpowered system is a recipe for disaster, especially = with WDS hogging CPU and RAM until indexing is complete. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP -...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

Outlook 2003 -receiving multiple copies of messages
The setup. SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL pop box) WinXP Pro OutLook 2003 Clients (All fully service packed up) Situation. I send a message from an external source, be it hotmail or home account or even from another company to say 3 people at our company. john@mycomp.com, jim@mycomp.com, fred@mycomp.com. they all get the same message 3 times. If I try this from within the company they only get the message once. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanx in advance of any help. John R Giddy_uk wrote: > The setup. > SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL...

Outlook Settings
Hi, I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of POP3 server.My username also changes . Anybody pls tell me the solution. I have checked there is no any virus on PC. Regards, Abhi pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, > >I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily >when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of >POP3 server.My username also changes . >Anybody pls tell me the solution. >I have checked there...

Outlook 2003 Suggest Names feature stops working
Hello I've run into a problem with one of our Outlook 2003 installations. On this particular PC (XP SP2), the Suggest Names feature has spontaneously "forgotten" all of the email addresses in it's cache. It's like all of the email addresses are somehow deleted. The feature is still turned on in Tools, Options, Email Options, Adv Email Options. And any email addresses the user puts in after this problem occurs are remembered, but Outlook doesn't remember any from the day before or earlier. The user hasn't been mucking around with his settings, and this has hap...

Add-in for Outlook in Japanese
I am looking to download and install add-in for MS project 2007 to Sync/work with outlook in Japanese. Hi Bahram, Maybe this will assist: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Project_Management/Microsoft_Project/Q_23539763.html "Bahram" wrote: > I am looking to download and install add-in for MS project 2007 to Sync/work > with outlook in Japanese. > Bahram, I believe you will need to have a japanese version of Project Server in order to receive the add in in Japanese Hope that helps -- Marc Soester [MVP] http://www.i-pm...

Serucity Patch and Outlook 2000 Mail Merge
We use Outlook with an Exchange server. Outlook 2000 with latest update and Exchange 5.5SP4 plus updates. We have a contact folder and started a mail merge from Outlook. It works great and we're able to use, add, test, and confirm the fields and formats that we like. We are using it to merge into an email message. Everything works fine. One item we'd like to get around when sending the merge to Outlook it prompts twice at every contact - once asking if we want to allow access to Outlook and to this prompt we can respond allow access for x minutes. This prompt is ok because when mergi...

outlook, 2000
How do i setup for multiple identities, (4 e-mail addresses)in outlook 2000.? http://www.slipstick.com/exs/olroam.htm is a good place to start. Also, have a look at this page as well prior to getting to the profiles: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer ladyjt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do i setup for mu...

Outlook 98 Dr.Watson error
Hi, Many users in my organization get Dr.Watson errors on a regular basis when they are using Outlook. They are all running Windows NT4 SP6 with Outlook 98. The errors seem to be the same every time. It is an access violation (exception c0000005) generated by outlook.dbg. I've checked MS Technet and the only relevant article is KB226335, the patch however is not available these days any more. We've tried lots of settings, updates, etc. but nothing seems to help. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regar...

Outlook Security Settings.
Hi. Have a user that is complaining about picuters that is not visable. It appears as red X. How can the user see the pictures? The user is running Outlook2003 wtih all updates. Thank you in advance. Assuming he has downloaded content enabled, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp. To enable download content, right click on the red x and choose the option to download content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...

Each new window showing up in start bar--want to turn this off
Hi, I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one message open at once. Where is the option to change this? -- Thanks, PTweety "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E83CF7-E369-4CB5-935C-2058FF39D4E7@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item > on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one > message open at once. Where is the...

Outlook 2007 doesnt receive all mail
Just loaded Outlook 2007 onto my Vista laptop. After some juggleing I have managed to set up two POP mail based email addresses under one profile. So to test the system I have been sending messages to and from a hotmail live account I have. If I send to both addresses, only one arrives in the inbox. I fI sedn seperate messages to it - only the one to the other account comes through???? So each account will receive some messages indicating the set up is right but not on every occasion. Anyone got any suggestions for this? Have you also installed Microsoft Outlook Connector? If n...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

How do I merge archieve folders in Outlook?
Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On new PC they show up as "Personal Folders" and a new set of empty Archieve folders has been created. How do I move the existing archieve folders from the Personal Folders to the new Archieve Folders? Thank you. Drag drop the items you want to move. "219Kimrod" <219Kimrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E2C1F96-A0D1-4186-971C-99E073378B49@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Moved to new PC. Have extensive archieve folders. On > new PC they show up as "Per...

cannot install outlook from outlook express (import stalls)
trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. other office features do function ie excel and word In news:E167009C-F5CD-4D0F-B08B-217C0FFE3E78@microsoft.com, outlook fails to install <outlook fails to install@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. > other office features do function ie excel and word Install and configure Outlook on this computer. Then, launch OE and *export* from there to Outlook.....do not *import*. ...