Turn off automatic dialing

I recently reloaded Office 97 on my XP computer.  Now the
computer is automatically dialing into the internet to
download email. I only want to dial manually.

I've run into this problem before but can not remember how
to set it to manual dialing only. Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Check your mail profile - under the General tab: the
default connection state might be online and might be
checking for dialup networking. Set this to manual.

0
anonymous (74722)

Automatic shorting
There is anyway that i can make the sorting automatic? ie. i have a table with ten rows and sorting on january on february i have some changes on figures.... there is anyway that after the change the table automatic shorted? Thanks a lot Manos ...

Alert Public Folder Update automatically to user
Hi Everyone, Could you please show me something... If someone update public folder, and is there anyway to alert or notification automatically to other users for new update of public folder. If someone know this..please help me.. Thanks tmmomdy ...

Payee
I am using a trial version of Money Plus. I am wondering if there is a way to create a payee rule so that for all transactions of a given payee (e.g. Wall Mart), there is an automatic match with a category (e.g. groceries), so that there is no need to enter manually the category for every transaction of that payee. Thanks for your help !! Money does not has such a rule, but after you enter your first Walmart transaction, Money will remember the details of that transaction and it will auto populate the form the next time you enter a transaction for Walmart. The remembered details are a...

Money automatically assigns splits
How do I stop Money 2006 from automatically assigning splits based on a past transaction ? E.g. if I go to Costco and spend $50 on groceries and $20 on misc, next time I download transactions from my credit card and the Payee is Costco, Money automatically enters splits ($50 groceries and $20 misc), even though the downloaded transaction has a different amount altogether... Does anybody know how to stop this stupid behavior ? And, how to prevent Money from automatically assigning categories to the downloaded transactions ? Thanks ! Don't download transaction data? That was the seriou...

Automatically change Outlook forms cache size
We recently installed an application that adds some Outlook forms. It doesn't load because the forms cache is only at the default of 2048KB. A rediculously small size if you use many forms at all with much functionality. So far, all we can find is the manual method of changing the cache size through the menu. This works fine for small numbers of users or a small office but we have hundreds of users all over the country. A manual process is less than optimal or efficient. Is there a way to automatically change the Oulook forms cache size on all users in a domain or on an exchan...

automatically adjust row height in excel 2000
I have a paragraph of test in a merged, word-wrapped cell. When I double-click the row to auto adjust the height, it only show the first sentence. My question is, is there a way to get the row height to either automatically adjust as I type text; or is there a way to fix the double-click feature to adjust with the text? Right click on the cell, go to Format Cells, select the Alignment tab, and ensure Wrap Text is checked. It is checked. I figured out what was a matter as I read through some of the other questions and posts. The cell I had all the info in was a merged cell and I re...

email and a dial-up connection problems
I use outlook 2000 and my primary internet connection is DSL. I check my pop email account without issue and send email with out issue. When I travel I use a dialup ISP but my mail will not send and does not always pull from the server. Any ideas? Andy andrew@tklcorp.com ...

auto=reconcile won't turn off
I have the 'Reconcile when transactions are accepted' option turned off, but Money 2003 is still marking transactions reconciled when accepted. Tonight, I reconciled a bank statement dated 6/18 and Money has still marked every transaction in the register as reconciled. Another bank account has been reconciled once, but the 'Statement Date' that gets plugged in is not the date of the last statement. What's going on? The date that the balance feature should give you should default to one month later than the previous date on which it was balanced. Under Tools, Options, O...

I need AT&T in a footer without the &T turning into &[Time]
What do I need to do so that the &T in the company name AT&T doesn't turn into AT&[Time] ??? Try AT&&T "RLJP" wrote: > What do I need to do so that the &T in the company name AT&T doesn't turn > into AT&[Time] ??? Try AT&&T -- Jacob "RLJP" wrote: > What do I need to do so that the &T in the company name AT&T doesn't turn > into AT&[Time] ??? Double up those ampersands-- AT&&T RLJP wrote: > > What do I need to do so that the &T in the compa...

how do i set up a ppt to automatically run when opened from attch
how do i set up a ppt to automatically run when opened from attachment in an e-mail? "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE4473D0-89BE-4448-A8E9-EC4061CF77E6@microsoft.com... > how do i set up a ppt to automatically run when opened from attachment in > an > e-mail? Save it as a pps. However you need to be careful to whom you send it... Save it as a PowerPoint Show (.pps) keeping in mind that the recipient must have at least the PowerPoint viewer installed on their system -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint ...

Automatic Send/Receive does not always work
For some reason my automatic Send/Receive fails to function consistently throughout the day. I will notice that no new mail has been received for a considerable amount of time, lets say 2 hours. But when I press Send/Receive and dozens of messages are pulled. I usually have Send/Receive configured to automatically process every 5 minutes to ensure mail is pulled regularly and without delay. I've tried configuring it for every 1 minute and the error still occurs. I currently have it set to every 10 minutes thinking that overlapping timing may be causing the issue (first send/rec isn't c...

Non-Automatic Link Updating in Excel 2003
I wrote a large system of about 30 Excel workbooks that are all linked together in various ways. I've been using this sytem for several years under Excel 2000. I just got Excel 3000 (XP), and to my disbelief, every time I open a workbook, I have to digress and answer questions about the link updating. If I go into Edit->Links I see the usual (with some new features) links window. I checked the box that says to do the updating automatically. I selected the option that says to always update the links and DO NOT present me with a popup message asking me if I want to. These two ite...

Monitor won't turn off when machine idle
I have a Sony VAIO desktop, purchased in 2006, running XP Professional with SP3, fully updated. I have the screensaver set to none, and the power settings set to turn off the picture on my monitor (ViewSonic) after 15 idle minutes. The hard drive is never turned off, the system never goes into standby, and the system never hibernates. This worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now I find my monitor always on, no matter how long the idle time has been. If I happen to be present at the end of a 15-minute interval, I can see the screen momentarily turn off and then turn on again, wi...

Create charts that update automatically from data in rows
Hey Guys, I am trying to create charts that are updated automatically using the proceedure described in article 183446. I need to create charts from data in rows rather than columns. I changed the range to A1:AA1, but I don't get the expected result.. Could someone please describe the correct methode for me? Thanks -- Brent Hi, Details of the OFFSET formula direct from the help file. Syntax: OFFSET(reference,rows,cols,height,width) Reference - is the reference from which you want to base the offset. Reference must refer to a cell or range of adjacent cells; otherwise, OFFSET ...

mostly automatic input
most time the input for the cell will be 2.42,but i want to have,2.72,3.02,3.32,3.62 as options,PLUS the ability to type an alternative,So a data validation list doent work,drop down arent editable,and i cant figure out how to get(or use) an output from a data list.So am i forced to use a drop down or data validation list with an optional input cell??? -- paul remove nospam for email addy! Go to Debra Dalgleish's web site: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to the D's, and read all about Data Validation and how to accomplish exactly what you're looking fo...

Automatically open VBA editor?
I am just messing around, trying to get to grips with VBA. Some of it seems quite simple, other bits annoyingly frustrating. I have a couple of spreadsheets I am working on just to teach myself VBA. On a whim, really, I thought it would be helpful to get the spreadsheets to fire up the VBA editor and go to the code modules as soons as it is opened. Just to take things one at a time, I stuck the following code into a Workbook module Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "Hello" End Sub Now, I kind of expected that this would immediately say hello to me when I open the workbook - ...

how do i get excel to automatically compute cell values
I need to know how to get excel to automatically compute the cell values when i'm changing it to a different number ex: My point threshold is 400, i cahnge it to 350, how do i make excel automatically convert the right average when any number is changed It's unclear from your post what you are trying to do. if you are calculating the average of a list of numbers, when you change a number in the list, the average calculated by the formula changes. Go to Tools | Options & select the Calculation tab. Make sure either Automatic or Automatic except tables is selected - not M...

turning off office reminder
We recently purchased an Apple G5 to replace an old G4. Apple G4 contained the full version of Microsoft Office. The G5 contained the trial version of Office, which allows us to access our documents within 30 days only. The strange thing is that the reminder message only shows up whenever we try to access the newer and recent documents. It does not appear whenever we try to open up old documents. How can we continue using the Office program of G4 transferred to G5, without the "warning reminder"? Or do we need to purchase another new Office program for the G5 to replace the existing ...

Copying formatting from source spreadsheets using automatic links
hi there, I am using automatic links to combine small sections of 8 spreadsheets into one spreadsheet. The sources are updated throughout the data and the target spreadsheet needs to automatically reflect those changes. Everything is working fine with the content and content updates. What I cannot figure out how to do is to make the formatting (ie font, font color, cell color) come thru from the source spreadsheets, right now only the content/text comes thru in a default font. Unfortunately the format of the data has meaning and without that, the content only has half the value. I have tri...

Delete a row if it contains only zeros
Hey, Is it possible to delete an entire row if it contains only zeros s that the row underneath moves up. I would like this to be able t happen automatically or at the click of one button. Is this possible? Thanks -turner200 -- turner200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- turner2000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26444 Here is a script I've used for this purpose. Sub RemoveZeroRows() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim X ...

automatically retrieving email
Outlook 2003 How do I stop it from automatically retrieving email on start up? Go to Tools | Send/Receive | Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups, and clear the checkbox for "Schedule an automatic send/receive every XX minutes". (This setting controls whether or not a send/receive is done at startup, also.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:031201c3de35$ebea4e20$a301280a@phx.gbl, kunks1@prodigy.net wrote: > Outlook 2003...

One-click Automatic Charting
Hello guys, I have different kind of data for forecast. What I want is to be able to create a chart with just one click on the worksheet. I know the F11 function but for that you have to select the data and doesnt give you a concised chart. I want to get a chart for example for different quarters of the year, monthly basis, customer basis, with just one click. Maybe there are different buttons (or drop-down buttons) for each kind of chart to be created. How can I go about it? Any kind of help would be very appreciated! -Garry You could program your own custom buttons to generate charts fo...

How to automatically open picture files in an email
Hi, In Outlook Express the attached pictures are automatically showed in the content of the email. In Outlook, I have to doubleclick on every single one of them to see them. Is there any way Outlook would do the same as OE; i.e., open all the pictures and insert them in the content of the email? Thanks Ziad Ziad <zyx@cyberia.net.lb> wrote: > Is there any way Outlook would do the same as OE; i.e., open all the > pictures and insert them in the content of the email? No. -- Brian Tillman outlook doesn't support inline imaging. http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.ht...

Edit table data automatically, with InStr
Okay I have my data being automatically imported to a table (TableNew). One of my fields is Called "File Name." For the new data imported, the layout of the information in this field is example: John.Pictures or Maryam.Videos. After the data is imported, I want the code to go through the data in this field and remove anything after the decimal point, including the decimal point. So the "File Name" for the examples above should be "John" or "Maryam". I know this involves the InStr however I am not sure how exactly to use it. Could someone provide the corr...

I Can not turn off ClearType
In Outlook 2007, I am unable to turn off the ClearType feature. The ClearType box is unchecked in Tools\options\mail format\editor options\popular. In have checked and unchecked it several times with restarts, but it seems to make no difference. My eyes are bad enough without haveing to look at blurry text. Please help me turn this off. -- Thank you, John Gregory JGreg7 wrote: > In Outlook 2007, I am unable to turn off the ClearType feature. The > ClearType box is unchecked in Tools\options\mail format\editor > options\popular. > > In have che...