Trying to send distribution list. I follow instruction on help me

I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not
appear in the "insert" menu.  I can't sen a distribution

It's there. State your Outlook version and editor if you can't find it so we
can tell you where it is.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"jchick6942" <jchick6942@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not
> appear in the "insert" menu.  I can't sen a distribution

0
russval1 (2100)
8/25/2006 6:43:14 PM
jchick6942 <jchick6942@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will
> not appear in the "insert" menu.  I can't sen a distribution

Compose your message in RTF and drag the DL to the body of the messsage.
--
Brian Tillman
0

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

Outlook 2000 lost message when send cancelled
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 sp1 , Win2000 with a smart card for digital signature. Somehow my main Outlook was closed, so the draft I was working on was the only window open. When I went to send the mail with the encrypted sigature, the card was not available, and gave me an error. I hit cancel, and the message is gone. Normally I just go back to the message, this time nothing. Is there any way to recover this? I searched all folders (on the Exchange server and personal), but it's not there. I also checked the temp directories as well. I spent enough time on this email, and I would pr...

Outlook Help (Auto Archive)
Hi. Can someone help me with the fact that MS Outlook 2000, which is my email client, archived an important message that I need to retreive. I need some resources. Thanks, Steve It should be no problem - from the FOLDERS LIST menu and select ARCHIVE FOLDERS and navigate to the e-mail you are looking for (for example click INBOX and then find the message you want) You can then click and drag the message to your active e-mail folder. Hope that helps. "Smitsky" wrote: > Hi. Can someone help me with the fact that MS Outlook 2000, which is my > email client, archived an...

Windows Vista Mail bcc Not Sending
I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to those names? "Jenny" <jjnewman87@gmail.com> wrote in message news:DA341DEA-B2EB-4560-BB67-D8C2BA9DA5C3@microsoft.com... >I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to >those names? > > What makes you believe that Jenny? Do they stay in your Outbox? If yes: please copy and paste the unedited error message that WM provides. If not: Go to your sent items folder and select one of your messages, then press the Ctrl key + F3, the message h...

Help needed with Multipage UserForm (VBA)
Bear with me folks, I'm a newbie when it comes to VBA: In John Walkenbach's book "Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA," there is an example of a multipage UserForm (Wizard) where the data is inserted in contiguous cells of a (single) active sheet. I'm looking for the syntax (or better still, an example) for inserting the data inputs in specific cells in different worksheets, in a multi-worksheet workbook. Any help will be appreciated. Not quite sure what you're looking for, but maybe: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With ActiveWorkboo...

Unable to send messages while traveling
Use Vista. Can receive messages while traveling. Though this error message occurs when attempting to send emails. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Error Message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Southeast District Update', Account: 'mail.wraser.com', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E SMTP port 25 is probably blocked when away from home. Try port 587 next time you're away. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperi...

help locate address book
i moved my pst file to my new computer, got my folders, contacts, and calendar, but seemingly no address book. is there a separate file i need to copy over? tia Not normally since you usually use your Contacts folder as an address book. If you right click on the Contacts folder and go to the Outlook Address Book tab can you check the "Show this folder as an email address book" box? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? <sstovall3@aol.com> wrote in message news:ah3tk19th4hk07ch88v8d2vb73qtk0ndgg@4ax.com... >i moved my pst file to my new computer, got my folder...

Help Needed With Exchange 2000 to 2003 SBS
Hi, I am currently running SBS 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I need to blow the server away completely and clean install with SBS 2003. My only worry is how to get the old 2000 Exchange data into the new 2003 Exchange without having to go round manually creating PST files on each user's Outlook. I have dismounted the Store and backed up the EDB and STM files to a separate machine as well as all the log files in the MDBDATA folder. Can I then just import these files into Exchange 2003?? Any help gratefully accepted. Apologies if I am in the wrong group. Siv You should post t...

Data List liek autotrader
How would you set up a car slection data list, say exactly lik autotrader or ebay where you can pick make of car, THEN the models of cars pop u depending on the make u select, and the year as well. Basically like your are pickign out a car on a professiona website(just alot fewer cars), how would i go about i -- prelude994 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prelude994e's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27550 You can create dependent d...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

CMyApp Destructor is not executing
On closing the application i want to delete some data i have written that code but in App class destructor as belo CMyApp::~CMyApp( ErasePreviousData() CWinApp::~CWinApp() but the ErasePreviousData(); function is not executing the destructor function it self it is not callin where to delete that dat Even I handled the OnExitInstance also but the data is not deleteing here data is some temporary files created while app is running pls help me urgentl Thank u all in advance shiv Thanku all I got solution to do tha I handled that in CMainFrame Pretranslate Message Function In that I...

Need help about some basic stuff
(Kinda long explanation here to make people understand what I want t know, just *read the summary if you don't want to read everything her for topics I need help with*) All right, so I haven't used Excel in years so there are some things don't remember and I'd really appreciate it if someone could help m with that. I've got two simple questions (it's only one question split in two guess): Let's say I want cell A4 to display the sum of A1 to A3. To do that, wrote =SUM(A1:A3). It works, but I don't want cell A4 to display a result when there ar no values i...

Multiple "Outlook Today-Personal Folders" in Folder List
I just installed Office XP on a new computer. I copied my old (Outlook 2000) outlook.pst file to logical drive E:. Somehow in my playing around with this I have ended up with three instances of "Outlook Today-Personal Folders" showing in the Folder List. The content of each is identical. I want to get rid of two instances of this and can't figure out how to do it. There is no "Delete" option when I right-click them and both the Close option and the Rename option are grayed out. I did try both a Repair and a Reinstall from the Office XP CD. No luck. Any help out there w...

Help on this: keep receiving multiple emails
recently my outlook keep receiving multiple emails, they are all the same, for one sigle email, I may get 2-5 copies received in outlook. I think there is nothing going on with my ICP, cause i've leave a copy on the server, and view emails via Web interface without downloading by pop3, none email is duplicated. First I thought it maybe email scaning software that keep creating copies of the same email. I boot to safemode with network support, no other program was loaded, but the same issue happen again, and the currently network connecting is ok, i can view emails via web page. In...

Can Powerpoint achive the same effect as the following link?
Hi All, I am asked to prepare an interactive and dynamic presentation in the area of enterprise architecture. The source of data should store in database. The effect I want to achieve is something as the link below. I am thinking to use either Flash or Silverlight. I am wondering whether Powerpoint can do it? http://www.ryanair.com/en/cheap-flight-destinations thanks, Josh "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:410252F1-966B-4D74-A5E9-880B2CECC614@microsoft.com... > Hi All, I am asked to prepare an interactive and dynamic presentati...

My Documents in Folder List
I was wondering if there is a way to have a shortcut in the Folder List (perhaps under the Inbox folder) for My Documents on the file system. I am using Outlook 2000. TIA. -Steven- Beside the Folder list you can view the Outlook Bar (View | Outlook Bar) and you can drag the My Documents folder onto it. Just select the folder and drag it over onto the shortcut bar. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.a...

Help with CArray::SetSize()
Hello everyone, I want to fill up a CArray object while reading records from a file. I can't know the number of records in advance (I don't want to read the file twice), but I can start with 25 records by calling CArray::SetSize(25, nGrowBy??). [CASE 1] >> If I reach the end of file and I have read less than 25 records, I can then call CArray::FreeExtra(). [CASE 2] >> If I have read the 25 records before reaching the end of file, then I will call CArray::Add(). I have two questions: 1. What should be the second parameter of CArray::SetSize(25, nGrowBy??)? Could you...

How to provide hotkey to system default HELP button?
Hi, I want to provide hotkey to the system's default 'Help' button. Could anyone help me in that? Thanks, -Varada Which help button are you talking about? -- Vipin Aravind MVP "Varada" <kvarada@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137068622.901340.90100@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want to provide hotkey to the system's default 'Help' button. Could > anyone help me in that? > > Thanks, > -Varada > Here is one way. Press WinKey+F1 WINVER must be set to at lease 0x0410 (windows 98) for this to work. /...

Outlook not sending email
I have a computer that is running XP Pro & Office > 2003.When I try to send an email using Outlook from this machine I will> hit send and it appears to be sent. In the sent folder it shows that the email was sent but it never arrives at> it's destination. I have tried sending emails to other> computers on my network and this works fine. I have no trouble receiving mail but I cannot send. I am running POP3 account on Road Runner. I have no problem sending from other machines on my system and they are all set up the same. Please help. Could you turn on diagnostic l...

Distribution Lists, How to Set up?
From time to time, I get messages from professional organizations and others that is clearly sent to a distribution list, but only my name appears in the To: field. Can I do something like that in Outlook? Checking the archives, I see that one recommendation is to put the DL in the BCC field. I just tried a test using that method. It does keep the dl addresses hidden, but it appears to put my email address in the To: field for all of the recipients. That is, I included several contacts in the dl and the email they all received had MY email address showing in the To: field. Is there some wa...

HELP! GP won't let me overwrite the starting check number...
example: A check was skipped and either situation a. needs to be used now or b. need to start the checks at a different number... either way, this darn thing won't let me overwrite the check number field. I can't find the setting in setup pallette to allow that - where is it, or how do I fix this??? Both are under Cards > Financial > Checkbook. The next check number is on the left side. Whether to allow overriding or reusing check numbers is on the right side. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpre...

Products from different price lists in one order?
Hi Why the system allows me to enter produts from other price lists into one order (quote, opportunity) when i have a specific price list attached to it? I dont really want products from a dealer's price list to be sold to individuals. Is there a way to restrict this? thank you If you want a "dealer's" price list then you have to set that price list and then link it into that product via the Product's "Price List Items" Otherwise it will price at the "Default Price List" Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm S...

Sorting Folder List
I've added some personal folders and somewhere along the way, my folder were arranged alphabetically. I don't know if this is the default, bu I'm so used to my Inbox being on top, than when I browse to a differen folder, I find it difficult to find Inbox again, because it's in th middle of this list. I know this sounds minute, but it is reall annoying and I was wondering if anyone knows a way to change the orde of the folders on the Folder List? Please let me know ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post...

Sending multiple/duplicate emails at same time
How do I select all the emails addresses at one time to whom I wish to send a duplicate notice of my email address change? Click the To button and it will bring up your address book. In the "Name" list, you can either select addresses one at a time and press the To button again to add the addresses to that field, or you can hold down the CTRL key while clicking multiple names and they will be added all at once. Click OK to add them all to your e-mail message. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply...