Trying to make Outlook my default email program

I am Trying to make Outlook my default email program
(Earthlink 5.0 was coming up) but when I click on an
email link (mailto:whoever@whatever)
a error message comes up saying that my "default email
program is not installed properly".

I have opened control panel and re-set web settings.
I have made sure Outlook is set  as default under tools-
configure-use other mail client, in my browser and it
still doesnt work.
When I click on an email link Outlook opens up but the
error message still says "default email program is not
installed properly".
any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rick
0
anonymous (74722)

What do you show under control panel->internet options->programs for the
default programs to handle mail, news, calendar and contacts? If you make
them all Outlook, does it work then?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Rick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| I am Trying to make Outlook my default email program
| (Earthlink 5.0 was coming up) but when I click on an
| email link (mailto:whoever@whatever)
| a error message comes up saying that my "default email
| program is not installed properly".
|
| I have opened control panel and re-set web settings.
| I have made sure Outlook is set  as default under tools-
| configure-use other mail client, in my browser and it
| still doesnt work.
| When I click on an email link Outlook opens up but the
| error message still says "default email program is not
| installed properly".
| any help would be greatly appreciated!
| Rick

0
MillyS4407 (663)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

make subreport2 visible based on condition
Help, I am running Access 2003 and have trouble getting this work right. I have an unbound subreport that contains 3 additional subreports. I want only one of the 3 to be visible based on the value in a combo box on a selection form. I can't seem to get the reference right and have tried several variations. If Forms!frmWeeklyGLrpt!cboCC = 1 Then Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDA.Visible = True Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDB.Visible = False Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDC.Visible = False End If If Forms!frmWeeklyGL...

Outlook default to paragraph

Reminders in Outlook

Incoming email slow to come in

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...