Trying to filter properly with SQL - Project Server Addin

I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:

("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" IS
NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal')

This works to show all non-project related items:

("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" IS
NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )

and this works to show all items without the category "Daily Personal":

"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'

but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related items and
non-personal related items nothing shows up.

It seems like the top query should work... any help is appreciated.


0
bandrews (14)
8/20/2004 12:25:31 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

7 Replies
389 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

Wrong newsgroup?

-- 
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
-Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1

-----
"BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message 
news:ua1a$DrhEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:
>
> ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" 
> IS
> NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal')
>
> This works to show all non-project related items:
>
> ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" 
> IS
> NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )
>
> and this works to show all items without the category "Daily Personal":
>
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'
>
> but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related items and
> non-personal related items nothing shows up.
>
> It seems like the top query should work... any help is appreciated.
>
> 


0
Roady
8/20/2004 12:38:16 PM
No, this is the outlook newsgroup right? This is regarding an outlook
filtered view...

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote in
message news:O2$UNJrhEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Wrong newsgroup?
>
> -- 
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> news:ua1a$DrhEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:
> >
> > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID"
> > IS
> > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
> > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal')
> >
> > This works to show all non-project related items:
> >
> > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID"
> > IS
> > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )
> >
> > and this works to show all items without the category "Daily Personal":
> >
> > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'
> >
> > but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related items
and
> > non-personal related items nothing shows up.
> >
> > It seems like the top query should work... any help is appreciated.
> >
> >
>
>


0
bandrews (14)
8/20/2004 12:43:24 PM
So actually (this is wierd) when i setup something simple in the advanced
section of the filter -

Field Category <> 'Daily Personal'

When i click over to the SQL tab that is greyed out, i click edit these
criteria directly and this is in the text area:

"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'

but when i click ok my filter that was working properly now removes
everything from the view. It's like the outlook is no showing me properly
what the query should look like based on the rules.

When i type in the SQL directly is there anything else i need to be typing
in there? Thanks!


"BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
news:OWMM$NrhEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> No, this is the outlook newsgroup right? This is regarding an outlook
> filtered view...
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
in
> message news:O2$UNJrhEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Wrong newsgroup?
> >
> > -- 
> > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > www.howto-outlook.com
> >
> > Tips of the month:
> > -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> > -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
> >
> > -----
> > "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> > news:ua1a$DrhEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > >I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:
> > >
> > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
(("AssignmentID"
> > > IS
> > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
> > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
Personal')
> > >
> > > This works to show all non-project related items:
> > >
> > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
(("AssignmentID"
> > > IS
> > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )
> > >
> > > and this works to show all items without the category "Daily
Personal":
> > >
> > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'
> > >
> > > but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related items
> and
> > > non-personal related items nothing shows up.
> > >
> > > It seems like the top query should work... any help is appreciated.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
bandrews (14)
8/20/2004 12:57:06 PM
When you use SQL queries for a view all other tabs will be disabled.

I'm not really familiar in creating views like this. I'll forward this 
message to the other MVP's and will post back if I get results.

Before I do this could you post your version of Outlook?

-- 
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
-Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1

-----
"BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message 
news:OkoQpVrhEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> So actually (this is wierd) when i setup something simple in the advanced
> section of the filter -
>
> Field Category <> 'Daily Personal'
>
> When i click over to the SQL tab that is greyed out, i click edit these
> criteria directly and this is in the text area:
>
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'
>
> but when i click ok my filter that was working properly now removes
> everything from the view. It's like the outlook is no showing me properly
> what the query should look like based on the rules.
>
> When i type in the SQL directly is there anything else i need to be typing
> in there? Thanks!
>
>
> "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> news:OWMM$NrhEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> No, this is the outlook newsgroup right? This is regarding an outlook
>> filtered view...
>>
>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
>> message news:O2$UNJrhEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > Wrong newsgroup?
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> > www.howto-outlook.com
>> >
>> > Tips of the month:
>> > -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> > -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>> >
>> > -----
>> > "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
>> > news:ua1a$DrhEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> > >I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:
>> > >
>> > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
> (("AssignmentID"
>> > > IS
>> > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
>> > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
> Personal')
>> > >
>> > > This works to show all non-project related items:
>> > >
>> > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
> (("AssignmentID"
>> > > IS
>> > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )
>> > >
>> > > and this works to show all items without the category "Daily
> Personal":
>> > >
>> > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily 
>> > > Personal'
>> > >
>> > > but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related 
>> > > items
>> and
>> > > non-personal related items nothing shows up.
>> > >
>> > > It seems like the top query should work... any help is appreciated.
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Roady
8/20/2004 1:20:29 PM
Well, I am almost over this:

It seems that even though outlook will prepopulate the SQL field for you, it
doesn't account for nulls so you have to add this (along with the folder and
hidden check):

("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
(("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal') OR
("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" IS NULL))

Now that i know outlook is misleading me i can add these manually, but
everytime i save the new view with this filter and then switch to inbox and
come back, the filter has been removed from this view! This is a brand new
view that is modified and saved (with a name)...

Can someone tell me why outlook thinks its ok to remove this?

"BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
news:OkoQpVrhEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> So actually (this is wierd) when i setup something simple in the advanced
> section of the filter -
>
> Field Category <> 'Daily Personal'
>
> When i click over to the SQL tab that is greyed out, i click edit these
> criteria directly and this is in the text area:
>
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'
>
> but when i click ok my filter that was working properly now removes
> everything from the view. It's like the outlook is no showing me properly
> what the query should look like based on the rules.
>
> When i type in the SQL directly is there anything else i need to be typing
> in there? Thanks!
>
>
> "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> news:OWMM$NrhEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > No, this is the outlook newsgroup right? This is regarding an outlook
> > filtered view...
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> > message news:O2$UNJrhEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Wrong newsgroup?
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > > www.howto-outlook.com
> > >
> > > Tips of the month:
> > > -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> > > -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
> > >
> > > -----
> > > "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> > > news:ua1a$DrhEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > >I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:
> > > >
> > > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
> (("AssignmentID"
> > > > IS
> > > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
> > > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
> Personal')
> > > >
> > > > This works to show all non-project related items:
> > > >
> > > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
> (("AssignmentID"
> > > > IS
> > > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )
> > > >
> > > > and this works to show all items without the category "Daily
> Personal":
> > > >
> > > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
Personal'
> > > >
> > > > but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related
items
> > and
> > > > non-personal related items nothing shows up.
> > > >
> > > > It seems like the top query should work... any help is appreciated.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
bandrews (14)
8/20/2004 1:31:37 PM
This appears to be a bug that i have found all over the net. Create the
filter, switch to inbox, come back - filter is reset.

I am running outlook 2003. I have not updated to the service pack - am going
to try now.


"BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
news:u3Su7orhEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Well, I am almost over this:
>
> It seems that even though outlook will prepopulate the SQL field for you,
it
> doesn't account for nulls so you have to add this (along with the folder
and
> hidden check):
>
> ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
> (("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal')
OR
> ("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" IS NULL))
>
> Now that i know outlook is misleading me i can add these manually, but
> everytime i save the new view with this filter and then switch to inbox
and
> come back, the filter has been removed from this view! This is a brand new
> view that is modified and saved (with a name)...
>
> Can someone tell me why outlook thinks its ok to remove this?
>
> "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> news:OkoQpVrhEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > So actually (this is wierd) when i setup something simple in the
advanced
> > section of the filter -
> >
> > Field Category <> 'Daily Personal'
> >
> > When i click over to the SQL tab that is greyed out, i click edit these
> > criteria directly and this is in the text area:
> >
> > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'
> >
> > but when i click ok my filter that was working properly now removes
> > everything from the view. It's like the outlook is no showing me
properly
> > what the query should look like based on the rules.
> >
> > When i type in the SQL directly is there anything else i need to be
typing
> > in there? Thanks!
> >
> >
> > "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> > news:OWMM$NrhEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > No, this is the outlook newsgroup right? This is regarding an outlook
> > > filtered view...
> > >
> > > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote
> > in
> > > message news:O2$UNJrhEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > > Wrong newsgroup?
> > > >
> > > > -- 
> > > > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> > > > www.howto-outlook.com
> > > >
> > > > Tips of the month:
> > > > -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> > > > -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
> > > >
> > > > -----
> > > > "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:ua1a$DrhEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > > >I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:
> > > > >
> > > > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
> > (("AssignmentID"
> > > > > IS
> > > > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
> > > > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
> > Personal')
> > > > >
> > > > > This works to show all non-project related items:
> > > > >
> > > > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
> > (("AssignmentID"
> > > > > IS
> > > > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )
> > > > >
> > > > > and this works to show all items without the category "Daily
> > Personal":
> > > > >
> > > > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
> Personal'
> > > > >
> > > > > but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related
> items
> > > and
> > > > > non-personal related items nothing shows up.
> > > > >
> > > > > It seems like the top query should work... any help is
appreciated.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
bandrews (14)
8/20/2004 1:43:07 PM
Alright, post back your results after you applied the SP1. If you still need 
help I'll contact the others for you :-)

-- 
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
-Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1

-----
"BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message 
news:%23TKpWvrhEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> This appears to be a bug that i have found all over the net. Create the
> filter, switch to inbox, come back - filter is reset.
>
> I am running outlook 2003. I have not updated to the service pack - am 
> going
> to try now.
>
>
> "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
> news:u3Su7orhEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Well, I am almost over this:
>>
>> It seems that even though outlook will prepopulate the SQL field for you,
> it
>> doesn't account for nulls so you have to add this (along with the folder
> and
>> hidden check):
>>
>> ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
>> (("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal')
> OR
>> ("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" IS NULL))
>>
>> Now that i know outlook is misleading me i can add these manually, but
>> everytime i save the new view with this filter and then switch to inbox
> and
>> come back, the filter has been removed from this view! This is a brand 
>> new
>> view that is modified and saved (with a name)...
>>
>> Can someone tell me why outlook thinks its ok to remove this?
>>
>> "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
>> news:OkoQpVrhEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > So actually (this is wierd) when i setup something simple in the
> advanced
>> > section of the filter -
>> >
>> > Field Category <> 'Daily Personal'
>> >
>> > When i click over to the SQL tab that is greyed out, i click edit these
>> > criteria directly and this is in the text area:
>> >
>> > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal'
>> >
>> > but when i click ok my filter that was working properly now removes
>> > everything from the view. It's like the outlook is no showing me
> properly
>> > what the query should look like based on the rules.
>> >
>> > When i type in the SQL directly is there anything else i need to be
> typing
>> > in there? Thanks!
>> >
>> >
>> > "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
>> > news:OWMM$NrhEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> > > No, this is the outlook newsgroup right? This is regarding an outlook
>> > > filtered view...
>> > >
>> > > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
> wrote
>> > in
>> > > message news:O2$UNJrhEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > > > Wrong newsgroup?
>> > > >
>> > > > -- 
>> > > > Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> > > > www.howto-outlook.com
>> > > >
>> > > > Tips of the month:
>> > > > -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> > > > -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>> > > >
>> > > > -----
>> > > > "BAndrews" <bandrews@trendinfluence.com> wrote in message
>> > > > news:ua1a$DrhEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> > > > >I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working:
>> > > > >
>> > > > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
>> > (("AssignmentID"
>> > > > > IS
>> > > > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND
>> > > > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
>> > Personal')
>> > > > >
>> > > > > This works to show all non-project related items:
>> > > > >
>> > > > > ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND
>> > (("AssignmentID"
>> > > > > IS
>> > > > > NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) )
>> > > > >
>> > > > > and this works to show all items without the category "Daily
>> > Personal":
>> > > > >
>> > > > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily
>> Personal'
>> > > > >
>> > > > > but every time I try to combine them to show Non-Project related
>> items
>> > > and
>> > > > > non-personal related items nothing shows up.
>> > > > >
>> > > > > It seems like the top query should work... any help is
> appreciated.
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Roady
8/20/2004 2:00:46 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Rejected by Server
When sending mail, I get an error with "rejected by server". The e-mail is still sent, but I get this error message every time. You are hiding some of the details. The reject error would show some status error number, like 550, and an error code, like 0x.....CE. Are you sending e-mails using your ISP's SMTP (outbound) mail server? Or are you connected to their network but trying to relay SMTP requests across their network to an SMTP server on someone else's network? That's a no-no since many ISP's will not let you relay SMTP traffic across their network (except,...

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

Outlook2003 : keeping a copy of PST on server
I can't seem find the place to make the change on the client's outlook to keep a copy of the pst file on exchange server. When I configured outlook I got the message to go into tools and select the option to keep a copy on server. I couldn't find that option and all mail was delivered to the client. When you go through owa all you will see is the new mail not delivered to the client. I'm going to hack at it and when I find something I will post my findings. But if someone already knows where to look I would appreciate that Thanks Norm found this article http://www...

Two mailboxes for one user account after mailbox moved to a new server
After moving a user's mailbox from a Exchange 2003 to a new Exchange 2003 server, Outlook has listed two mailboxes with same name in the "All Mail Folders"area. The Outlook profile only has the user mailbox and no other mailboxes added to it. The user can send and recieve email just fine. The mailboxes seem to be clones of each other. New mail show up in the mailboxes at the sametime. How can I get Outlook to only show one mailbox? Any help would be appreciated, thanks, ...

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

Trying to access e-mail message
Every time I try to do anything in outlook, even open a contact information, I get a message that reads: Microsoft Outlook A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? I of course always say No Any help will be appreciated "Dave Traynor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73eb01c43044$9a14f2b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to do anything in outlook, even open a > contact information, I get a message that reads: > Microsoft Outlook A program is trying to access e-mail ...

Radio Button as Filter
Outside of my form (frmComments) I have created option buttons (CommentFilter) that I would like to use as a filter within the form . . . filtering on [Finished] which is a Yes/No property at the table level (tblComments). My radio button has three choices: #1 for Finished = No #2 for Finished = Yes #3 for Finished = Both However when I click on any of the three radio buttons I do not see any filter activity in the form. Any suggestions? Private Sub CommentFilter_AfterUpdate() Select Case Me!CommentFilter Case 1 Me.Filter = frmComments![Finished] = 1 Me.FilterOn = True MsgBox "Fini...

Project accounting info for vendor does not exist on version 9
We have 15 companies, of which only ONE company uses project accounting. User ID does NOT have access to the alternate POP window to show project information. Why are we receiving the error that the vendor does not have PA info setup, when we are not using PA in this company? How do we shut this off for window that is not showing PA? As well in the company that will be using PA, if the PA info does NOT show on the window, we are entering regular POs therefore we do NOT want any PA info for the vendor. ...

How many Server-side rules can you put on one mailbox?
I am using Exchange Server 2003 and want to setup 52 rules on one of the mailboxes, is this possible? the hardcoded limit on space for rules is 32K...i doubt you'll be able to get 52 rules on one mailbox... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jmareel" <jmareel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADDDCD7-948C-415F-B194-1944C9936BC2@microsoft.com... > I am using Exchange Server 2003 and want to setup 52 rules on one of the > mailboxes, is this possible? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;147298 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenpris...

Repair SQL Corrupt database
Hi, I have a corrupt MS SQL Server 2005 database which I am trying to repair using: DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) Unfortunately this does not seem to fix anything. After running the repair multiple times, I ran DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS to see if it fixed the corruption, I noticed that is was returning a random amount of errors on each run. Does any know if It is the case that this database is beyond repair? If so will the best approach be to revert back to a non corrupt database backup and then roll forward using Transaction Lo...

Server being used to send out viruses
Problem: When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3 users cannot send email through the server. The email just sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes (email accounts) on the server so this should work. When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST, my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil people) to use my email server to send out viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is great! David Hi, If you are using Exchange, w...

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

Is SQL 2000 tran working with VS2008?
I code a store procedure mySP in SQL 2000 in which using transaction. I used two ways to test after saving sp. 1) rename one table or 2) rename column name If I use "exec mySP" in SQL 2000 query window, error will catch but ASP.NET try-catch will catch nothing, it always return no error. Is SQL 2000 tran working with VS2008? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201002/1 On Feb 5, 10:15=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote: > I code a store procedure mySP in SQL 2000...

Help With Strange Error When Trying to Save Any Record
I am getting astrane error happens when try to create any new record (Customer, Item, Vendor or Account), the system gives me a message that "Save Operation Failed" and when i click "More Info" the error message is "Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'", although i have created alot of items, customers, accounts and vendors before but suddenly this error appeared. Any quick help will be highly appreciated. It would appear that the AAG has something to do with a product produced by American Association of Geographers. I...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

gp10 change clients pointing to different server
In version GP 10 I have clients pointed to a test server. When production server is ready what do i do to point the clients to the production server e.g. GPServer. Would I change the odbc connection? Or Rerun the client installs? Any help is appriciated. Thank YOu As long as your production server has THE SAME level service pack as your clients and THE SAME third party products all you need to do is repoint your ODBC to the production server. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "2020" wro...

Cannot reinstall Exchange 5.5 on Small Business Server 4.5
Our Small Business Server 4.5 crashed yesterday and could only be started by doing a repair of Windows NT. Unfortunately, this left the Small Business Server programs partially installed. Now, Exchange will not start. It has the message "A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Server". I tried to reinstall Exchange, but get the message "This component is already installed and cannot be modified". Microsoft Exchange does not appear under Add/Remove Programs, so I cannot uninstall it either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Deborah obxgi...

Need help with update sql plus filter
I have the following update sql (copied from the query design view) UPDATE ListQry SET ListQry.ApprovalStatusID = [Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] WHERE (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID)>300)) OR (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID) Is Null)); ApprovalStatusID is an integer OtherStatusID is an integer ListQry is the recordsource for my form. I would like to add the f...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

SECOND TRY< WHY NO ANSWERS ??? WINXP PRO,OFFICE 2003PRO not working write. WHY ?
> I bought a Windows XP upgrade disk from a friend and it > installs ok, but has this dumb key on it that starts out > with "XXXXX-640-blah-blah-blah" (why does it use X's ?????) Whats the matter with it, > is the installer or the software no good ?????? I paid > good money for this crappe and get this and it cleaned out > all my email and Kazaa. > Next MS mess, how come Outlook 2003 (has almost the same > bozo key number) does not send my messages to the forums > and I have to use this way ? Is it not working too ? Like > do they check a...

Save as Excel from Master Project
I am trying to export from a master project with about 8 sub- projects. When I try and export from the master to excel, it does not include certain text fields. Why? Any work arounds? I need the text field (name) to use the excel sheet. How are you exporting? Data lives in the sub-projects, not the master. However, try expanding all sub-projects and try again Not all custom fields roll up to the sub-project tasks, so their data is not available in the master. For this and other reasons (including no risk of file corruption) I usually create new masters every week but no...

CRM 3.0 Setup err databases already exist on the specified SQL Ser
ReportServer ReportServerTempDB Question : How to clear this problem? The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Cause There are two causes for this error: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the specified server. Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Solution One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for Microsoft SQL Server Repor...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...